Old 16th June 2019, 15:34   #466

Re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

I too visited a Toyota showroom today. For a change, it was refreshing to see Baleno (err Glanza) with Toyota logo, and the shade Sportin' Red looked smokin' hot.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 13:28   #467

Here is a walkaround of the G variant of Toyota Glanza

Disclaimer: Not associated in any way with the channel.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:08   #468

I'm waiting for the official team-bhp review of Glanza. I believe it would go like this
We've already covered this vehicle under Maruti Baleno. Kindly refer to that post. We'll highlight only the changes in this update...

...Well except for the Toyota and Glanza branding, we couldn't find much
Aravind_M92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 11:34   #469

Toyota Glanza does decent business in June dispatches.

SMC has dispatched 1830 to TKM in June.

Source: Maruti Suzuki Press release
Old 9th July 2019, 07:16   #470

Toyota Glanza Sport in White and Red dual tone colour showcased first of its kind at a dealership.

The dual-tone paint job done at the dealer level has added Cherry Red shade to the roof, rear spoiler, ORVMs, and foglamp housings. The customization has been done based on the preferences of a customer and not everyone might find it to be attractive. Toyota Glanza Sport costs about Rs 20,000 more than the standard Glanza.

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-2.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-3.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th July 2019 at 07:18.
Old 9th July 2019, 09:10   #471

Toyota Glanza Sport in White and Red dual tone colour showcased first of its kind at a dealership.
Yippie....now Toyota have been truly integrated into Maruti Suzuki!!
I can bet my bottom buck, that an atrociously stickered lame Glanza RS is just around the corner. Yaay!!
Vik0728 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:39   #472

Test drove the Glanza CVT petrol 1.2L for a friend. Pretty underpowered and boring. Whenever I pressed accelerator, lots of engine noise was generated without much forward progress! It's machine whose primary output is sound and secondary output is motion! If someone needs to choose between this and the i10 AT (4 speed TC), then this will win.

BTW, There is a button on the gear lever called "S". Pressing it generates more noise!

In an effort to keep myself entertained, looked around hard and saw this weird graphic on cluster (I have no idea what it means and I have no curiosity to find out):
Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-p_20190715_150506_1_1.jpg

Last edited by anandpadhye : 15th July 2019 at 19:48.
anandpadhye is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 19:54   #473

We have Suzuki Baleno as Toyota Glanza, okay, we accept that, no complaints.

But can we also have Toyota Innova as Suzuki XXXX at 13-15 Lacs and Toyota Fortuner as Suzuki XXXX at 22-24 Lacs.

Toyota - Suzuki - are you listening?
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 08:54   #474

Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
But can we also have Toyota Innova as Suzuki XXXX at 13-15 Lacs and Toyota Fortuner as Suzuki XXXX at 22-24 Lacs.
But what is the point? Are you implying that brand Suzuki is considered cheap compared to a Toyota, or to skin down the Fortuner and Innova to make it into Suzuki price range?
Old 16th July 2019, 09:06   #475

But what is the point? Are you implying that brand Suzuki is considered cheap compared to a Toyota, or to skin down the Fortuner and Innova to make it into Suzuki price range?
Imagine Suzuki Fortuner weighing 1500 odd Kgs and dishing out 20 Kmpl
tarik.arora is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 09:17   #476

Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
I don't think Suzuki will succeed in selling rebadged Innovas and Fortuners. These cars sell as they provide the Toyota experience -Reliability, Quality and Excellent After Sales. People pay a premium for these cars only because its a Toyota. The sales chart and the resale value of these cars correlates with the fact. Speaking of resale, I know a large number of people who have bought the Innova even though they don't need 7 seats, only because of its resale value, they considered it as an investment.

I don't think Suzuki will be able to match Toyota's after sales support in terms of quality or peace of mind. Nexa allowed them to move up the price ladder but still its still got the Suzuki badge on it pulling it down.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 13:15   #477

Suzuki is not a cheap brand, not at all. What I am trying to say here is if Toyota getting benefits from Suzuki, why not same for Suzuki? They will also get some additional numbers and they will get place in premium/high end cars. They can sell these cars through their Nexa showrooms. What we will get is better price for Innova and Fortuner with better A.S.S. all over India. Do you agree?

Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp View Post
I don't think Suzuki will succeed in selling rebadged Innovas and Fortuners. These cars sell as they provide the Toyota experience -Reliability, Quality and Excellent After Sales. People pay a premium for these cars only because its a Toyota. The sales chart and the resale value of these cars correlates with the fact. Speaking of resale, I know a large number of people who have bought the Innova even though they don't need 7 seats, only because of its resale value, they considered it as an investment.

I don't think Suzuki will be able to match Toyota's after sales support in terms of quality or peace of mind. Nexa allowed them to move up the price ladder but still its still got the Suzuki badge on it pulling it down.
I don't agree. If priced rightly, people will jump on it. Suzuki is a volume player and people like them. I know few people who can easily afford other brands but still go for Maruti Suzuki cars just to have peace of mind and excellent A.S.S. which is available in every corner of India.

BTW, some Suzuki cars like Dzire, Swift, Ertiga rule resale car market in their respective segments.
Old 25th September 2019, 09:57   #478

Toyota Glanza to get a price hike, will be compensated by a lower variant offering.

A new variant of Glanza will be launched next month during the festive season. The new variant will be positioned below the G MT Smart Hybrid variant that is currently the cheapest Glanza
This new variant of Glanza will be the most affordable Glanza on sale and will be missing the dual battery setup, as can be seen with G MT Smart Hybrid variant.
New Glanza variant will ensure that sales are not affected when price is increased for existing base variant.

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th September 2019 at 09:59.
Old 1st October 2019, 10:50   #479

Toyota Glanza seems to be a super hit from Toyota/Suzuki, continues its winning ways.

In an era of downward sales, Toyota Glanza manages to clock 2952 dispatches in September. This is the best ever sale figures so-far!

With this, total Glanza deliveries over the six-month period have crossed the 10,000-unit mark.

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st October 2019 at 11:12.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 15:01   #480

Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
--

With this, total Glanza deliveries over the six-month period have crossed the 10,000-unit mark.
Success of the badge engineering from Toyota-Suzuki,

Break-up of month wise sales as Glanza zoom past the 11k mark,

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-1.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st October 2019 at 15:02.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks