Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2019, 19:20   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
ashutoshb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NOIDA
Posts: 1,215
Thanked: 1,379 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Received the following pictures from a Toyota Dealer.
I'm still thinking they are digital illustrations.



Attached Images
 
ashutoshb is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2019, 19:32   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
fx45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,777
Thanked: 306 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Those blue car pictures with Toyota logo are a cheap photoshop job. The logo doesnt blend correctly in any of them and also the badging is too white to be chrome. I hope these are not official.
fx45 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 10:03   #93
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,391
Thanked: 25,064 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Received the following pictures from a Toyota Dealer.

Attachment 1871658

Attachment 1871659

Attachment 1871660

Attachment 1871661
Guys, just a clarification received. These are all renders of the Glanza by another portal and not from dealer.

These are NOT actual Glanza pics and as everyone else has already pointed out, they are digital illustrations.

We don't know how the actual Glanza will look like and we hope Toyota puts in some effort to distinguish it from the BAleno.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 17:30   #94
BHPian
 
Starfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 293 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Seriously? Why not take the cheaper car and buy a set of logos!
Because just buying a set of logos doesn't get you 7 years warranty that Toyota offers. Not to mention bullet proof reliability and good resale. Also purely as "badge value", Toyota is superior than Maruti. Everywhere else in the world, Suzuki is either nearly dead or filed for bankruptcy.

Also being the latest car offering in the market, I'm sure Toyota will offer some extra features over the Baleno.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2019 at 08:14. Reason: typos fixed
Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 28th April 2019, 19:05   #95
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: KA-09
Posts: 513
Thanked: 678 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Not to mention bullet proof relaibility and good resale. Also purely as "badge value", Toyota is superior than Maruti. .

As far as reliability, there is no data yet to suggest that the product would be any more reliable than what it already is.



Resale: Marutis as it is enjoy good resale and a consumer won't pay higher for a same product without any differentiation just because it is a Toyota. Also, in the segments they operate Maruti enjoys a high customer loyalty and recall. So, I disagree on the point that same product with a different badge will get you more resale.
octane_100 is online now   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2019, 23:05   #96
Senior - BHPian
 
motorworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,167
Thanked: 1,437 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Because just buying a set of logos doesn't get you 7 years warranty that Toyota offers. Not to mention bullet proof reliability and good resale. Also purely as "badge value", Toyota is superior than Maruti. Everywhere else in the world, Suzuki is either nearly dead or filed for bankruptcy.

Also being the latest car offering in the market, I'm sure Toyota will offer some extra features over the Baleno.

Come on, this whole bullet proof reliability aspect is over rated! In India, I would think Hyundai nearly matches up to Toyota in overall quality standards. While I agree that Toyota has certain consistencies in Quality levels, its very difficult to rate them in India. Innova and Fortuner are quite premium, almost 20-40 lakhs now, so you would expect that the quality is par for the course. Other than these two, its not like the Etios or the Etios liva are miles ahead of the competition in their respective segments.

And hence comes the question, why would a Toyota badged Baleno be better than the existing one? And does the existing Baleno scream out loud for an additional 2-3 years of warranty, say like a VW or Skoda?

So lets not glorify Toyota for the sake of it. In India, they are still behind Hyundai in overall quality levels, even the JD survey says so.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2019 at 08:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
motorworks is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 00:08   #97
BHPian
 
Waspune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 561
Thanked: 665 Times
Default Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno) launching in June 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Cause just buying a set of logo's doesn't get you 7 years warranty that Toyota offers. Not to mention bullet proof relaibility and good resale

With Glanza I don't how Toyota scores over Maruti in the so called 'bullet proof reliability'. It's Maruti's tried and tested petrol engine, it's Maruti's hearttect platform. Where does the Toyota come into picture apart from the badge?
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 00:57   #98
BHPian
 
Starfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 99
Thanked: 293 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So lets not glorify Toyota for the sake of it. In India, they are still behind Hyundai in overall quality levels, even the JD survey says so.
If JD power Initial assesment 2018 is what you're talking about, it compares the quality of the product and not the reliability. They compare cars that are just a year old or so and not cars that are 6 or 7 years old which actually require extended warranty. The same report that u state mentions that Polo GT in the premium hatch segment beats the Swift and Baleno. Now we both know for a fact that no one buys a VW for reliability. But quality? Surely yes.

Secondly, no one compared Hyundai to Toyota.
Hyundai is good no doubt, as a Verna owner I agree, my reply was strictly for Maruti Vs Toyota. That being said, you really think an S-cross can out last an Innova? I don't think so.

Lastly, every year of extended warranty counts. Honda doesn't require it either but they still offer it. Why? Cause they want to give their customers peace of mind, just like Toyota. However reliable it maybe, a car is a machine in the end and they do fail. And then there's always the Tin can thing which no one ever accused Toyota off, about Maruti, I can't be so sure. (we've even had fellow Team-Bhpians post about it) I remember owning the first gen Swift, compare the build of that to the current one and you'll know the difference.

Ultimately to each his own. We can only say whose more reliable when the actual car comes out.
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 09:29   #99
Senior - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BR
Posts: 1,447
Thanked: 2,427 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

There is some issue regarding the reporting of sales figure to SIAM. Details here - https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...rom%20%251%24s

Quote:
While both the players are in agreement with each other up to this point, Maruti is insisting that it will show the Glanza units that it delivers to TKM as part of its wholesale numbers, shared monthly with the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM). TKM has not agreed to this.

Speaking to BusinessLine, RC Bhargava, Chairman, Maruti Suzuki, said: “We will show the cars sold to Toyota as a wholesale number and will report that accordingly in our monthly sales.” He said that till the time reporting of numbers to SIAM is in wholesale numbers, we will report the number of cars supplied to TKM as Maruti’s wholesale number.”

On the other hand, TKM’s N Raja, Deputy Managing Director, said: “Maruti cannot count the Glanza sales as wholesale numbers because we will do that ... it will be billed to dealers and then to the customers. We will report them as wholesale numbers every month.”

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2019 at 12:12. Reason: Adding excerpt :)
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 16:38   #100
Senior - BHPian
 
blackwasp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 2,033
Thanked: 13,147 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

I think this move more for sharing of assets and future collaborations between Toyota and Suzuki. The future is definitely a merger deal of some kind. My reason = India gives Suzuki the majority of its global revenue. With other markets not doing so well, its possible that a merger might be good globally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I think Toyota is targeting the customers who are put-off by Baleno's waiting time.
Reality is however totally different. Most of the MSIL dealers have a lot of inventory with them, with a couple even offering any colour any variant Baleno for ready delivery.
blackwasp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 16:53   #101
Senior - BHPian
 
VeluM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,481
Thanked: 926 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

It will be very interesting to see if Toyota launches the Glanza with minimal changes to the exterior and interior of the Baleno. It will be a definitive answer to the question "Would this car still sell in such numbers if it weren't for the Maruti Suzuki brand?"

Toyota might want an answer to this question too after their Etios/Liva didn't do as well as expected, and therefore I think the hurried badge-engineering job on the Baleno is an interesting decision. I have to say that when comparing the Etios and Baleno IMHO the Baleno comes out the winner due to its better design inside and out, and better sound insulation though they are both similarly built (well or otherwise, as per ones opinion).
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 18:48   #102
BHPian
 
AdityaDeane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Manali Dehradun
Posts: 561
Thanked: 1,256 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Toyota Glanza gets it's dedicated webpage, Facebook page etc. (Source article)

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/glanza/

Quote:
The dedicated website of the Toyota Glanza we saw in its leaked teaser video is now live. Also, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has created the new model's separate social media account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
AdityaDeane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 21:51   #103
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Name:  Glanza.jpg
Views: 4931
Size:  55.2 KB

Looks like a cheap Copy!

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2019 at 08:05. Reason: Adding watermark
mindfreak is offline   (18) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 22:24   #104
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Delhi
Posts: 6
Thanked: 117 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Received the same final picture from a Dealer's Stockyard V Variant of Toyota GLANZA

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-2.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2019 at 08:08. Reason: Adding watermarks
KARAN.CARGURU is offline   (25) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2019, 22:56   #105
Team-BHP Support
 
Vid6639's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,391
Thanked: 25,064 Times
Default re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

This is worse than the render from yesterday! lol. Let's just add more chrome on the front grill and sell them. That will give us premium image and we can charge more for the T badge as well.

I mean this is Toyota. The second largest car maker in the world and this is what they could come up with?

I can go down to the basement carpark with my spare Toyota badges from my Corolla an convert my neighbours Baleno to a Glanza in a few mins!

Jeez Toyota atleast you could have put some effort into the car that is wearing your company badge. This is so lame and half hearted. Actually half hearted might be better.
Vid6639 is offline   (38) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maruti Baleno vs Toyota Glanza - Which would you buy? AYP Hatchbacks 67 8th July 2019 07:24
The Maruti Baleno RS: 1.0L turbo-petrol engine. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 8.69 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 647 18th March 2017 10:23
Maruti Baleno Zeta AT launched at Rs. 7.48 lakh Aditya The Indian Car Scene 13 7th April 2016 13:49
Coming soon- FIAT NANO! Nano could be rebadged a FIAT internationally. CrAzY dRiVeR The International Automotive Scene 18 17th February 2012 21:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks