Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2019, 19:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Received the following pictures from a Toyota Dealer.
I'm still thinking they are digital illustrations.

Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-26_04_2019maruti_suzuki_baleno_2_19170255.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2019, 19:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Those blue car pictures with Toyota logo are a cheap photoshop job. The logo doesnt blend correctly in any of them and also the badging is too white to be chrome. I hope these are not official.
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 10:03   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Received the following pictures from a Toyota Dealer.

Attachment 1871658

Attachment 1871659

Attachment 1871660

Attachment 1871661
Guys, just a clarification received. These are all renders of the Glanza by another portal and not from dealer.

These are NOT actual Glanza pics and as everyone else has already pointed out, they are digital illustrations.

We don't know how the actual Glanza will look like and we hope Toyota puts in some effort to distinguish it from the BAleno.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 17:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
Seriously? Why not take the cheaper car and buy a set of logos!
Because just buying a set of logos doesn't get you 7 years warranty that Toyota offers. Not to mention bullet proof reliability and good resale. Also purely as "badge value", Toyota is superior than Maruti. Everywhere else in the world, Suzuki is either nearly dead or filed for bankruptcy.

Also being the latest car offering in the market, I'm sure Toyota will offer some extra features over the Baleno.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2019 at 08:14. Reason: typos fixed
Starfire is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th April 2019, 19:05   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfire View Post
Not to mention bullet proof relaibility and good resale. Also purely as "badge value", Toyota is superior than Maruti. .

As far as reliability, there is no data yet to suggest that the product would be any more reliable than what it already is.

Resale: Marutis as it is enjoy good resale and a consumer won't pay higher for a same product without any differentiation just because it is a Toyota. Also, in the segments they operate Maruti enjoys a high customer loyalty and recall. So, I disagree on the point that same product with a different badge will get you more resale.
octane_100 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th April 2019, 23:05   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Because just buying a set of logos doesn't get you 7 years warranty that Toyota offers. Not to mention bullet proof reliability and good resale. Also purely as "badge value", Toyota is superior than Maruti. Everywhere else in the world, Suzuki is either nearly dead or filed for bankruptcy.

Also being the latest car offering in the market, I'm sure Toyota will offer some extra features over the Baleno.

Come on, this whole bullet proof reliability aspect is over rated! In India, I would think Hyundai nearly matches up to Toyota in overall quality standards. While I agree that Toyota has certain consistencies in Quality levels, its very difficult to rate them in India. Innova and Fortuner are quite premium, almost 20-40 lakhs now, so you would expect that the quality is par for the course. Other than these two, its not like the Etios or the Etios liva are miles ahead of the competition in their respective segments.

And hence comes the question, why would a Toyota badged Baleno be better than the existing one? And does the existing Baleno scream out loud for an additional 2-3 years of warranty, say like a VW or Skoda?

So lets not glorify Toyota for the sake of it. In India, they are still behind Hyundai in overall quality levels, even the JD survey says so.

Last edited by GTO : 30th April 2019 at 08:15. Reason: Quoted post edited
motorworks is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 00:08   #97
BHPian

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno) launching in June 2019

Quote:
Cause just buying a set of logo's doesn't get you 7 years warranty that Toyota offers. Not to mention bullet proof relaibility and good resale

With Glanza I don't how Toyota scores over Maruti in the so called 'bullet proof reliability'. It's Maruti's tried and tested petrol engine, it's Maruti's hearttect platform. Where does the Toyota come into picture apart from the badge?
Waspune is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 00:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
So lets not glorify Toyota for the sake of it. In India, they are still behind Hyundai in overall quality levels, even the JD survey says so.
If JD power Initial assesment 2018 is what you're talking about, it compares the quality of the product and not the reliability. They compare cars that are just a year old or so and not cars that are 6 or 7 years old which actually require extended warranty. The same report that u state mentions that Polo GT in the premium hatch segment beats the Swift and Baleno. Now we both know for a fact that no one buys a VW for reliability. But quality? Surely yes.

Secondly, no one compared Hyundai to Toyota.
Hyundai is good no doubt, as a Verna owner I agree, my reply was strictly for Maruti Vs Toyota. That being said, you really think an S-cross can out last an Innova? I don't think so.

Lastly, every year of extended warranty counts. Honda doesn't require it either but they still offer it. Why? Cause they want to give their customers peace of mind, just like Toyota. However reliable it maybe, a car is a machine in the end and they do fail. And then there's always the Tin can thing which no one ever accused Toyota off, about Maruti, I can't be so sure. (we've even had fellow Team-Bhpians post about it) I remember owning the first gen Swift, compare the build of that to the current one and you'll know the difference.

Ultimately to each his own. We can only say whose more reliable when the actual car comes out.
Starfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 09:29   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

There is some issue regarding the reporting of sales figure to SIAM. Details here - https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...rom%20%251%24s

Quote:
While both the players are in agreement with each other up to this point, Maruti is insisting that it will show the Glanza units that it delivers to TKM as part of its wholesale numbers, shared monthly with the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM). TKM has not agreed to this.

Speaking to BusinessLine, RC Bhargava, Chairman, Maruti Suzuki, said: “We will show the cars sold to Toyota as a wholesale number and will report that accordingly in our monthly sales.” He said that till the time reporting of numbers to SIAM is in wholesale numbers, we will report the number of cars supplied to TKM as Maruti’s wholesale number.”

On the other hand, TKM’s N Raja, Deputy Managing Director, said: “Maruti cannot count the Glanza sales as wholesale numbers because we will do that ... it will be billed to dealers and then to the customers. We will report them as wholesale numbers every month.”

Last edited by GTO : 29th April 2019 at 12:12. Reason: Adding excerpt :)
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 16:38   #100
Senior - BHPian

I think this move more for sharing of assets and future collaborations between Toyota and Suzuki. The future is definitely a merger deal of some kind. My reason = India gives Suzuki the majority of its global revenue. With other markets not doing so well, its possible that a merger might be good globally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunramaswamy View Post
I think Toyota is targeting the customers who are put-off by Baleno's waiting time.
Reality is however totally different. Most of the MSIL dealers have a lot of inventory with them, with a couple even offering any colour any variant Baleno for ready delivery.
Old 29th April 2019, 16:53   #101
Senior - BHPian

It will be very interesting to see if Toyota launches the Glanza with minimal changes to the exterior and interior of the Baleno. It will be a definitive answer to the question "Would this car still sell in such numbers if it weren't for the Maruti Suzuki brand?"

Toyota might want an answer to this question too after their Etios/Liva didn't do as well as expected, and therefore I think the hurried badge-engineering job on the Baleno is an interesting decision. I have to say that when comparing the Etios and Baleno IMHO the Baleno comes out the winner due to its better design inside and out, and better sound insulation though they are both similarly built (well or otherwise, as per ones opinion).
Old 29th April 2019, 18:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Glanza gets it's dedicated webpage, Facebook page etc. (Source article)

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/glanza/

Quote:
The dedicated website of the Toyota Glanza we saw in its leaked teaser video is now live. Also, Toyota Kirloskar Motor has created the new model's separate social media account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Old 29th April 2019, 21:51   #103

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-glanza.jpg

Looks like a cheap Copy!

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2019 at 08:05. Reason: Adding watermark
mindfreak is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 22:24   #104

Received the same final picture from a Dealer's Stockyard V Variant of Toyota GLANZA

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-2.jpg

Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh-3.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th April 2019 at 08:08. Reason: Adding watermarks
KARAN.CARGURU is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 22:56   #105
Team-BHP Support

This is worse than the render from yesterday! lol. Let's just add more chrome on the front grill and sell them. That will give us premium image and we can charge more for the T badge as well.

I mean this is Toyota. The second largest car maker in the world and this is what they could come up with?

I can go down to the basement carpark with my spare Toyota badges from my Corolla an convert my neighbours Baleno to a Glanza in a few mins!

Jeez Toyota atleast you could have put some effort into the car that is wearing your company badge. This is so lame and half hearted. Actually half hearted might be better.
Vid6639 is offline   (38) Thanks

Most Viewed