Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 11:29   #331
BHPian

re: Toyota Glanza (rebadged Maruti Baleno). EDIT: Launched @ Rs 7.22 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
I can't wait for the official Team BHP review of this car. Want to understand in detail on the critical change of badge and it's aerodynamic impact on FE.

On the contrary, I feel Team-BHP official review of Glanza should be brutal.
The first line should give link of Official review of Maruti Baleno and second line should give official review of any T-Badge car explaining how T-Badge looks. That's it. Nothing more and Nothing less.
RaghuVis is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 12:13   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
The first line should give link of Official review of Maruti Baleno and second line should give official review of any T-Badge car explaining how T-Badge looks. That's it. Nothing more and Nothing less.

That would be perfect. Review the only change, the badge. They can go in ridiculous details as how it took years of study to determine the font size and angle of the name. Also, they can derive the cost of the badges by subtracting Baleno cost from Glanza.

People responding on that thread should only post URLs of their posts on the original Baleno review thread
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 07:21   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Glanza will be launched in two variants (both higher-spec versions) and three engine-gearbox combinations – an 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol-MT; an 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol-CVT; and a 90hp, 1.2-litre Smart Hybrid-MT.

Quote:
Toyota Glanza G
•90hp, 1.2-litre Smart Hybrid petrol engine with a 5-speed manual
•83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine with a 7-step CVT
•Dual front airbags
•ABS, EBD and brake assist
•Seatbelt reminder for the height-adjustable seatbelts
•Speed warning
•Front fog light
•Rear parking sensors
•Isofix child seat mounts at the rear
•Rear defogger, wiper
•Mild-hybrid system (on 90hp engine only)
•LED projector headlamps
•Power adjustable and folding wing mirrors
•16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels
•7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (Smart Playcast) with Aux, USB, Bluetooth, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility
•4 speakers and 2 tweeters
•Steering-mounted controls
•Central locking and keyless entry
•Push-button start
•Tilt and telescopic steering adjust
•Adjustable front and rear headrests
•Height adjustable driver’s seat
•Power windows with auto up/down function for the front
•Automatic climate control
•Front centre armrest
•60:40 split folding seats
•Front and rear accessory socket

Toyota Glanza V
•83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine with a 5-speed manual
•83hp, 1.2-litre petrol engine with a 7-step CVT
•Rear parking camera
•Automatic LED projector headlamps with LED DRLs and a follow-me-home function
•Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:01   #334
Senior - BHPian

Wow, so the infotainment unit is now called Smart Playcast instead of Smartplay Studio!

Didn't expect Toyota to really go out of their way to change that. Hats off!
self_driven is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:05   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Our official review should only have the pictures of logos and decals against a black background.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:05   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota Glanza will be launched in two variants (both higher-spec versions) and three engine-gearbox combinations – an 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol-MT; an 83hp, 1.2-litre petrol-CVT; and a 90hp, 1.2-litre Smart Hybrid-MT.
I find it a bit weird that the 90hp Smart Hybrid engine is being offered in the "lower" G variant, while the better specc'ed V variant makes do with the 83hp 1.2 engine. This does not make much sense to me.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 09:47   #337
Senior - BHPian

I don't see anything exciting in the V variant. Think manual G and V will be priced similarly. Since the dual jet engine was costlier than the K12B.

It can be lower as well if Baleno pricing is the benchmark. 1L difference in OTR for 1.2 delta v 1.2 dual jet delta.
Old 31st May 2019, 09:52   #338
AYP
Senior - BHPian

A 7-step CVT? Now that is something the Baleno doesn't have. I have heard good reviews about Toyota's CVT. If this is indeed true, at least the Automatic variants might benefit from this cross-badging exercise.

And as I suspected, the G variant actually corresponds to the Baleno Zeta and not the Delta. So the starting price for the Glanza should be slightly above the 7L(ex-showroom) mark.

Last edited by AYP : 31st May 2019 at 09:55.
Old 31st May 2019, 09:59   #339
BHPian

So, the UV Cut Glass is exclusive for Maruti Baleno?

And, I'm curious to know more about the 7-Step CVT.
Old 31st May 2019, 10:13   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Any and every CVT is an utter disappointment. I had the misfortune of driving the new Civic 1.8 with a CVT (paddle shifters, 7 steps etc) and in terms of the engine-gearbox combo, I'd take a Baleno manual any day. Yes, I'd prefer a 1.2L over a 1.8L just because of the pathetic way in which a CVT responds to your inputs. Sure, it'd be just fine for pottering around in the city like a grandpa. But the moment you decide to prod the throttle with anything more than a gentle touch, the CVT throws a tantrum, starts to scream as if you were hurting its newborn child and refuses to move.
d3mon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 11:05   #341
BHPian

CVT without manual override is definitely a pain to drive for the experts. The Paddle shifters will save some grace for the enthusiast. Hope, Toyota gives this one feature to distinguish from Maruti.

Well, for some manual is manual. But the numbers for manual will crash once Electric vehicles become dominant on roads.
Old 31st May 2019, 12:37   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Link

As with many above, I too am curious about 7-step CVT, and how different it is from Baleno's CVT. If at all it comes with paddle shifter, then it would be a differentiating factor.
Old 31st May 2019, 15:10   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
A 7-step CVT? Now that is something the Baleno doesn't have. I have heard good reviews about Toyota's CVT. If this is indeed true, at least the Automatic variants might benefit from this cross-badging exercise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
So, the UV Cut Glass is exclusive for Maruti Baleno?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
CVT without manual override is definitely a pain to drive for the experts. The Paddle shifters will save some grace for the enthusiast. Hope, Toyota gives this one feature to distinguish from Maruti.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
As with many above, I too am curious about 7-step CVT, and how different it is from Baleno's CVT. If at all it comes with paddle shifter, then it would be a differentiating factor.
I don’t think it’s a different transmission. They haven’t changed anything in the car so why will they change the transmission? 7 steps mean that they will be providing a manual override, which also seems very unlikely to me. It’ll be the exact same car as the baleno; no paddles and no mechanical changes. I think by 7 step, they refer to the overall gear ratio of the car, as even the baleno cvt spins at around 1900 rpm while cruising at 100 kmph, which is kind of where the jazz cvt (with 7 steps), the altis (7 step cvt) and the polo gt (7 speed dsg) cruises at 100 kmph. I’d love if they do make the change, but then if they wanted to, they’d have changed a lot of things and prevented all this backlash for essentially rebadging and selling a baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Any and every CVT is an utter disappointment. I had the misfortune of driving the new Civic 1.8 with a CVT (paddle shifters, 7 steps etc) and in terms of the engine-gearbox combo, I'd take a Baleno manual any day. Yes, I'd prefer a 1.2L over a 1.8L just because of the pathetic way in which a CVT responds to your inputs. Sure, it'd be just fine for pottering around in the city like a grandpa. But the moment you decide to prod the throttle with anything more than a gentle touch, the CVT throws a tantrum, starts to scream as if you were hurting its newborn child and refuses to move.
I used to own the altis cvt (2014) and it was a pretty sweet engine gearbox combination. It felt better to me than my kodiaq in the initial 30 kmph for sure. May be civic’s cvt implementation is very bad, as I haven’t had the pleasure (or misfortune) of driving it. The city cvt that I had (2009) was certainly satisfactory to me though.

Last edited by bled_soul : 31st May 2019 at 15:11. Reason: Typo
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 15:35   #344
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is 7-step CVT if I am not wrong. Everything is the same on the Glanza except you know what!
Old 31st May 2019, 20:12   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled_soul View Post
The city cvt that I had (2009) was certainly satisfactory to me though.
Sorry for OT, but third gen City came with a torque converter and not CVT. Perhaps that was the reason you found it to be good.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks