Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2019, 12:47   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Emerging sales trends in the Indian car industry - Q1 2019

Sales trend continues on the down-slide, de-growth to players except for those with new launches.

Consumer sentiments are weak considering the political scenario, even though fuel prices are near 2014 levels.

Emerging sales trends in the Indian car industry - Q1 2019-1prime.jpg

Manufactures with successful launches and some with low base line have shown positive growth.

Emerging sales trends in the Indian car industry - Q1 2019-16.jpg

MUVs replace SUVs in growth, but surprisingly most manufactures are moving to the crowded S/CUV segment which is now struggling.

Emerging sales trends in the Indian car industry - Q1 2019-24.jpg

Top models of Q1 2019, the entry level car is back on top.

Emerging sales trends in the Indian car industry - Q1 2019-3.jpg

Source:

Last edited by SDP : 24th April 2019 at 13:59. Reason: Minor typo
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 13:49   #2
BHPian

re: Emerging sales trends in the Indian car industry - Q1 2019

Thanks for the excellent data and analysis.

One point missing is the increase in insurance cost, which i think is also one of the reason for low growth. Add to that the increase in car prices owing to inflation is also a big factor. TCO has gone up substantially in the last 1-1.5 years.

SUV's de-growing after 3 consecutive years of growth is a scary trend, especially when all OEMs are launching products in this segment. However, i think this is temporary and should not be viewed as a trend unless the story continues for 3-4 quarters. With a slew of launches lined-up, i expect SUVs to bounce back. On the contrary, MUVs will settle back after the initial push from the new launches dies down.

Ecco will continue to show good numbers as customers move from Omni to Ecco. Do we consider Omni in the same MPV segment as Ecco?
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks