Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2007, 22:48   #31
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
The BS report is confusing indeed.

What will be the advantage of an indigenous 1.3 CRDI over the indigenous 1.4 DICOR?
Any of you thought about the Possibility of TATA branding the 1.3 JTD as a DICOR ??.... Thought stems from that fact that the TL Sprint is going to sold as a Fiat Pick-up in certain International Market's ..
Old 31st January 2007, 01:53   #32
BHPian

THE Nth FACELIFT FOR THE INDICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by garvit2002 View Post
hey ! i saw an indica dls which had different tail lights and new bumper and front grille while i was returning to jaipur from Gurgaon at NH-8 . it zipped pass through my car at <130kmph i think cudnt take a photo but the front looked much better than the present . there was no badging of dicor or crdi .but the vehicle didn't even had any number plate on it ...............
Yeah buddy,what you spotted was indeed the 'all new' indica.There are absolutely no changes on the sides or doors.But the face now looks very pleasing.The smiley face is almost gone.Its all about sharper lines now.Looks like the new indica is a more serious individual now that the Swift Diesel is there for company.The rear also has a new bumper and minor tweaks done on the christmas tree lamps.

I know all this because I saw two today at the Shaman tata-fiat workshop at Sewri when I was there for a service.These are the xeta's though.I believe the diesels would look the same.A few pictures from my phone --

Silly me, forgot to take any interior pictures.Will try and get those tomorrow when I collect my car.
Friendly advise from the service advisors at Shaman auto --
please dont get attracted to that sweet indica face.It still has a long way to go as far as reliability is concerned.According to them,Fiat cars are like japs when comparing reliability with tata.
Whatever it is,I quite liked the blue indica.It has what it takes to take on the swift looks wise IMO.

OT -- Expect the 90 bhp multijet ripper under the palio's hood with variable geometry turbo.

Last edited by roms : 31st January 2007 at 01:58.
Old 31st January 2007, 11:19   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
OT -- Expect the 90 bhp multijet ripper under the palio's hood with variable geometry turbo.
I am guessing the guys at Shaman told you that. I hope they know what they are talking about! According to me Fiat diesel's positioning should be as follows:

1. Palio and Petra : 1.3 MJD 75bhp
2. Grande Punto : 1.3 MJD variable geometry turbo 90bhp
3. Linea : base version : 1.3 MJD VGT 90bhp
Higher version: 1.9 JTD 130bhp 6 speed MT.

Thats how I would poisiton the range if I was in-charge of the company .

Last edited by amit : 31st January 2007 at 11:28.
Old 31st January 2007, 11:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Ahh. But Amit, does Fiat India operate on logic?
Old 31st January 2007, 18:55   #35
BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing the guys at Shaman told you that. I hope they know what they are talking about! According to me Fiat diesel's positioning should be as follows:

That is spot on amit.I was thinking on similar lines as well.Why would the company want to jeopardise the sales of the GP by plonking the 90 bhp vgt version in the Palio.The 75 bhp version would be good enough for the palio.Lets wait and watch.

Had gone to Shaman today as well to get back my car.Could not manage any interior pictures of the indica.Saw 3 fiat adventures,one black and two silver, and a moon mist grey petra undergoing pre delivery inspection.The black adventure looked so good,it virtually overshadowed anything else,the new indica included.people who want a 5.5 lakh car, have a look at the adventure.You wont be able to take your eyes off that thing.Ok I shall stop drooling and going OT here.
Old 31st January 2007, 19:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Ahh. But Amit, does Fiat India operate on logic?
That is a very, very good question!
Old 31st January 2007, 20:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Agree with you on everything above though not really on Linea base version. IMHO the 1.3 MJD VGT in Linea would be underpowered, displacement wise. The 1.3 is infact 1248 CC. Imagine corolla or the octavia having a 1.3 engine, power and torque figures not withstanding. As they say there is no substitute for CC's. Infact people will laugh it off when they will be told by the salesman, that such a huge car has a 1.3 litre engine.
My 2 cents.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 31st January 2007 at 20:02.
Old 31st January 2007, 20:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Toyota corolla [pakistan]:

Engine Displacement (cc) 1299
Max.Output 81bhp@ 6000 rpm
Max.Torque 119 Nm @4400 rpm
Old 31st January 2007, 20:32   #39
BANNED

hi

guys ,I had been to the tata dealers at chennai . seems the indigo xl is priced at 8.2 lakhs . Me and my friend thought that it was the joke of the year. A tata car at 8 plus lakhs
Old 31st January 2007, 22:19   #40
BHPian

but then it is worth the extra money.... the luxury and the equipment levels in that car are unmatchable in that price range!!!! it has to be the best chauffer driven car , for the price.....
Old 1st February 2007, 11:43   #41
BANNED

its said that in india one waits till other comes out with the best and then they will compete, should have done this long back instead of MODIFYING THE INDICA the whole year like fools.
Old 1st February 2007, 12:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

In the first place, nobody expected Suzuki to come out with a car like the Swift or for Maruti to come out with a well built car in terms of build quality..

So lets wait and see what rabbits Tata's will pull out of their hat .. I have a feeling that Tata motors will surprise us all.
Old 1st February 2007, 12:09   #43
BHPian

@spadival

I hope TATA motors will come with a new bigger and better indica in terms of build quality and reliability... the all new V3
Old 1st February 2007, 12:34   #44
Team-BHP Support

Shouldn't the title be..

1.3L DiCOR???
Old 2nd February 2007, 00:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Shouldn't the title be..

1.3L DiCOR???
Yes should be.

Infact this gets so very confusing : DiCOR, CRDi, CRDe, CDi, TDCi, JTD, D-4D, blah blah blah.

Indigo DiCOR is already out, the next in queue would be Indica.
But why are they betting on 2 engines (in-house developed and then sourcing it from Fiat) - is this understanding correct?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks