Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2007, 16:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

The quality of the interiors really need to be improved if they want to compete with the swift d.
Old 29th January 2007, 16:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Even the swift interiors arent great quality. The door trims are especially poor and flimsy. I think its hightime tata did something to that dashboard and door trims.
Old 29th January 2007, 16:47   #18
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronline View Post
But the biggest problem with Indica is the 'TAXI' tag attached to it. Can't TATA develop atleast one more platform other than Indica/Indigo??
true but its cheap and affordable so people will still buy it.

Last edited by Max : 29th January 2007 at 16:53.
Old 29th January 2007, 18:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

The implication is that the DICOR Indica will be sold alongside their existing diesel. If this niche minsdet is to be driven across the potential clientiele, Tata will have to upgrade the Indica's interior as well
Old 29th January 2007, 19:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
The article is a little confusing to me. Business Standard says the Indica will be out with the 1.3L diesel, developed in-house by Tata, in a few months.
The article also mentions that a 1.2 DI diesel exists. Something we dont know?
Old 29th January 2007, 20:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
i doubt whether INDICA dicor can match SWIFTs image
ure right on that one but in a price sensitive market like India, the numbers matter more than image and if u can outsell any other car in a segment, uve made it. tat is making a regular habit out of it and also refining its cars in the process. Ill be eager to test drive it. Lets hope they sort their gear ratio problems, in that case we may then have a diesel superhatch.
Old 29th January 2007, 21:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

An Indica CDi at a lakh cheaper than a Swift DDiS will see a few feathers ruffled at Maruti. Perhaps Maruti could throw in more value by offering ABS/EBD as standard and add airbags to the upper-end version.
Old 29th January 2007, 22:49   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
An Indica CDi at a lakh cheaper than a Swift DDiS will see a few feathers ruffled at Maruti.

No feathers will be ruffled at Maruti. They've got the game beat with their D Swift - they know it as do their competitors. What definitely will happen due to the Dicor Indica is a further cannibalization of their petrol Swifts. Once that happens, expect some "Fly free to Singapore" offers for the Maruti Swift Petrol
Old 30th January 2007, 02:23   #24

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

as far as sales is concerned,tata with their 1.3 indica will outsell the swift ddis.the swift ddis isnt a threat to the indica but to its own petrol sibling.and tata has really come far with their quality standards.and i guess the refinement levels of the dicor engine wont be too bad
Old 30th January 2007, 04:01   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilv12 View Post
but still, the question is that will the tata be able to give the refinement levels of the swift?

The tata motor, will produce, not more than 70 bhp, as the present gearbox (which again is a major drawback ) cannot handle more torque from the engine. And this same engine, on the indigo xl, gave only a morginal increase in performance, compared to the TDI engine!!!!
I have the same question as you and I doubt if Tata could match the refinement levels of the Swift. But if the new car comes with an attractive price tag, the cab operators are bound to form a bee line in front of Tata showrooms.
Old 30th January 2007, 11:59   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I have the same question as you and I doubt if Tata could match the refinement levels of the Swift. But if the new car comes with an attractive price tag, the cab operators are bound to form a bee line in front of Tata showrooms.
I don't think the Swift is targeted at the taxi-cab market. TATA has them beat there with their price tags, IMHO the Swift caters to the private consumer who doesn't mind paying premium money for a more refined product.
Old 30th January 2007, 13:10   #27
BHPian

and what about the performance???? i dont think, the indica crdi's will have an enormous gain either, it will just be marginayy better than the indica turbo!!! and where as, the swif, stands upto its name.......
Old 30th January 2007, 13:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I don't think the Swift is targeted at the taxi-cab market. TATA has them beat there with their price tags, IMHO the Swift caters to the private consumer who doesn't mind paying premium money for a more refined product.
Bingo! An Indica is an Indica is an Indica - period. IA Swift goes well with our upscale mindsets! There is a good chance companies like Hertz/Avis/etc will also get the Swift into their fleet but not the regular City Taxi's..
Old 30th January 2007, 16:18   #29
Senior - BHPian

The BS report is confusing indeed.

What will be the advantage of an indigenous 1.3 CRDI over the indigenous 1.4 DICOR? Nothing that I can think of. Both will attract the same excise duty which is the same for all small diesels upto 1500 CC. Improvement in fuel efficiency by a 100 CC reduction in engine size will be marginal, if at all.

Perhaps the BS reporter got confused with so many engine and model options, including the FIAT 1.3 planned for future Indicas!

By keeping the price of CRDI Indica a lac less than that of Swift Diesel, Tata is really targetting a different segment of buyers. Tata's real competitor to the Swift will be the new Indica V3, currently under testing. It'll be interesting to see how the new Indica is priced.

Last edited by directinjection : 30th January 2007 at 16:21.
Old 30th January 2007, 21:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Sorry if I have not been clear but I was referring to the new Tata Indica for a cab and not the Swift.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks