Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-12.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4587609)
A little surprised by a lot of comments on the dimensions of the Venue! Some people even comparing it with the Ignis!
While the Venue may be marginally smaller in dimensions compared to the Brezza, I think its got road presence and stance which makes up for it. My view is that 5-10mm may not change things.
Remember, even the Creta is not the longest or tallest in its class.

Well, since I compared the venue with the ignis at some point of time, I will still stick with it as being within the limit of my interpretations to a lively discussion. It's no way a bad thing at all, in fact I have already shortlisted the venue as a probable buy for my next car. Being small in dimension works for me the best and I am not complaining as I can only go for something very compact because of parking constraints et al. Am only worried about how hyundai positions this car (read pricing), just a few days to go to get things cleared up.

Even if we take the xuv3oo as an example, the success of the car bodes well for it but it does not make the boot grow bigger. Folks who have been able to make peace with it, I am happy for them and Mahindra of course. But facts aren't going to go away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandx (Post 4587649)
Well, since I compared the venue with the ignis at some point of time, I will still stick with it as being within the limit of my interpretations to a lively discussion. It's no way a bad thing at all, in fact I have already shortlisted the venue as a probable buy for my next car. Being small in dimension works for me the best and I am not complaining as I can only go for something very compact because of parking constraints et al. Am only worried about how hyundai positions this car (read pricing), just a few days to go to get things cleared up.

Even if we take the xuv3oo as an example, the success of the car bodes well for it but it does not make the boot grow bigger. Folks who have been able to make peace with it, I am happy for them and Mahindra of course. But facts aren't going to go away.

Honestly, Im unable to understand your apprehension on pricing. I reiterate, the Venue is only marginally smaller in dimensions when compared to the Brezza. It is going to be in the compact SUV segment, and Hyundais positioning has never been the cheapest or lowest, which is probably the positioning that Tata and Suzuki take.

From all of the above, at least to me, its clear that the Venue will command a slight premium over the Brezza and the Nexon. But its prices would be quite close to the Ecosport and the XUV300, at least when it comes to the entry and mid variants. There is a possibility that the DCT variant may be the most expensive of all the compact SUVs, but other than that Hyundai should price the Venue in the ballpark of Ecosport and XUV300.

And if you think the Venue does not deserve that kind of pricing just because its a few mm lower than the others, then I have nothing to say. May be all of us have to wait for the market to respond in a few months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anil_neo (Post 4585279)
I feel the i20 Active is going to disappear from shelf soon. The segment top and bottom within Hyundai looks too crowded anyways.

May be not that soon. Rather Venue will complete Hyundai's offering in 8-14 Lakh range.
Like Ford sells Freestyle along with Ecosport, Tata has Tiago NRG along with Nexon, similarly Hyundai now has i20activ alongside Venue.
Moreover, I think price of i20activ top range will be close to Venue base model. So, customer will have choice.

Rather, I think Venue will eat up some part of Creta1.4 sale for the time till Hyundai launches the new Creta in coming months with revised pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 4585940)

I personally feel this indicator housing has a lot of scope for modification. As the led headlight clusters and rear lights both are a crowd favorite amongst the creta owners.

Rightly said. Hyundai had ample scope to use this indicator housing in various ways. They could at least use this slot as parking light along with indicator.
This amber colour touch in the USA model gives some life to this housing. Hyundai could have brought the same thing to India.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190512_090624.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamitMukherjee (Post 4587704)

This amber colour touch in the USA model gives some life to this housing. Hyundai could have brought the same thing to India.

I noticed that too in the international version and it does look good. But what hyundai has given to us instead seems to be reflectors :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bee (Post 4587720)
I noticed that too in the international version and it does look good. But what hyundai has given to us instead seems to be reflectors :uncontrol

At least Hyundai could have given us Amber colour reflectors.:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorworks (Post 4587697)
Honestly, Im unable to understand your apprehension on pricing. I reiterate, the Venue is only marginally smaller in dimensions when compared to the Brezza. It is going to be in the compact SUV segment, and Hyundais positioning has never been the cheapest or lowest, which is probably the positioning that Tata and Suzuki take.

And if you think the Venue does not deserve that kind of pricing just because its a few mm lower than the others, then I have nothing to say. May be all of us have to wait for the market to respond in a few months.

I don't think I mentioned anywhere that pricing should be low, am only anticipating what can be the outcome. The presence of the 1.2 L petrol engine itself steers clear any confusion about the dimensions of this car, else there would have been an 1.4 at least. Assuming that Hyundai is gonna price it high anyway (which most probably it would) is kind of giving leeway to the manufacturer. Also I don't think the Venue prices have been revealed yet, for me to THINK that it is unwarranted. Let's wait and watch.

This video shows few more details and latest images.

https://youtu.be/GEdCSP99xh0

Just got this from the dealer -

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190513wa0001.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kubectl (Post 4588075)
Just got this from the dealer -

Thanks for Sharing. So in summary, assumed highest price variant SX+ DCT will not have the below features.

I am feeling short changed about my booking.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto$apien (Post 4588161)
Thanks for Sharing. So in summary, assumed highest price variant SX+ DCT will not have the below features.
  • Side & Curtain Airbags (4 Airbags)
  • Center Armrest (Fixed - Sliding)
  • 60:40 Split Seat
  • Rear Wiper & Washer
  • Rear Armrest with CupHolder
  • OE Telematics (with Remote Function)?

agree:
Exactly my feeling. This is just BS. DCT is not the top model :deadhorse
So remote AC ventilation is not available in the DCT but in the manual ?? So damn confusing.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190513wa0001.jpg
Orange highlights are common features
Green highlights are missing in the DCT
Red highlights sound the same but not clear of their functions

If DCT was available with SX(O) features then I do agree the price would overlap with the Creta base variant.
That doesn't mean I'll buy the base level Creta and ditch the Fully loaded Venue with all the bells & whistles.
So frustrating !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto$apien (Post 4588161)
So in summary, assumed highest price variant SX+ DCT will not have the below features.
  • Side & Curtain Airbags (4 Airbags)
  • Center Armrest (Fixed - Sliding)
  • 60:40 Split Seat
  • Rear Wiper & Washer
  • Rear Armrest with CupHolder
  • OE Telematics (with Remote Function)?

Add "auto-dimming IRVM" to the missing list as well. The list mentions "MTS IRVM" in SX+ DCT which, I believe, means Manual Transfer Switch; so yeah, no auto-dimming.

The only reason I'm hanging on to my booking is because of the engine. If the package turns out to be "best in class super slick revv happy engine with lightning quick shifts from the DCT and no turbo lag with great driving dynamics and superior feel and feedback from the steering", then, and only then, I'll move forward with the booking.

Realistically I know it's a very high bar for a Hyundai and I have mouth watering deals on both, Vento TSI and Rapid TDI, but what's another week of waiting!? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepjaju (Post 4588171)
So remote AC ventilation is not available in the DCT but in the manual ?? So damn confusing.

Please allow me to add to the confusion. Remote AC and remote engine start/stop cannot be made available with manual transmission. It's not technically possible as iterated by Hyundai and on the forum as well. So welcome to a world where there is no top variant, only goof-ups by huge corporates.

The Hyundai Venue page on the official Hyundai website is still bare bones. :Frustrati

I wonder what's stopping the company from throwing the kitchen sink at that. It'll only help prospective buyers make an informed and faster decision. Waiting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepjaju (Post 4588171)

I am pretty sure Remote Engine On & HVAC Control will be offered only for DCT and not for Manual (Safety Concerns)!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mar21 (Post 4587521)
Slightly off topic - I am curious about the 3 cylinder 1.0L turbo charged engines. They are definitely here to stay.

How much difference would that make in terms of cost and weight vs an inline 4 cylinder 1.2 L turbo. (let us for a moment leave aside the R&D expenses)

Wouldn't a 4 cylinder 1.2 running with the same turbo and boost levels yield more power, be a bit more rev friendly and have a tad more low end torque (before the turbo really kicks in)?

Regarding costs & weights of a 3 cylinder vs 4 cylinder engine, the benefits are numerous. Smaller (hence lighter) crankshaft & Cam shafts, One less piston and connecting rod set, lesser number of valves, smaller engine block, crank-case and head due to a more compact form-factor. All these result in significant cost savings while also allowing for better packaging under the hood.

Also, since number of moving parts are also reduced, this results in reduced frictional losses.

While your comments about a 4 cylinder being more rev-friendly are true, the same is not necessary for low-end torque. In-fact if you look at big bikes, while the high-revving sports bikes rely on 4 cylinders, the tourers tend to go for bigger cylinders rather than number of cylinders.

While people may not be very enthusiastic about 3 cylinders, 3 cylinder turbo-GDI units are going to be a norm for small engines just like 4 cylinder MPFi engines are the norm today.

Venue has started reaching dealerships ahead of its launch on May 21.