Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaghuVis (Post 4588961)
Since the launch is going to happen tomorrow.

Isn't it on the 21st of this month?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix (Post 4589013)
Isn't it on the 21st of this month?

Yup it is on the 21st.
Tomorrow is launch of the MG Hector.

Hyundai wont repeat the mistake they did with Santro.

A Top Hyundai Official has said that “We won’t make the same mistake we did with the Santro”. Pricing will be a big surprise and taking point of Venue.

Source

Frankly Speaking, the Creta is seriously overpriced, it just doesn't feel like a 20 lakh rupee car. My dad bought his Jetta for 19.5 lakhs, And the Creta doesn't even feel 1/4th of Jetta.

Coming back to Santro, it too is overpriced for what it offers. The Tiago in comparison is a much better package. Unless someone doesn't like Tata cars, there is no point in buying Santro over Tiago.

Coming back to Venue, i feel its not a segment killer, it doesn't have presence like Brezza, Ecosport nor it is different looking like Nexon nor does it look elegant like XUV3OO. All other cars are very good and Venue is a True Hyundai. Apart from Features and Looks (Funky Headlights/Taillights, Layered Dash, Square Shape) i don't think this is anywhere better then Rivals. Hyundai better price it well at initial stage. They can increase if enough demand is there. I see many BHPians cancelling their booking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4583014)
The new design trend amongst SUVs now (starting with the Harrier). The indicator is the small strip on top. The projector headlight with cornering lights is where you would normally have the fog lights. No LED bulbs here sadly, only regular halogens. The entire housing is surrounded by the square LED DRL which looks chic

WOH!! No offence but absolutely 100% incorrect.

Hyundai Kona 2018 was the first SUV with this design which the Harrier copied.
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1078702682_5701613036001_5701409363001vs.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think the Harrier adapted it better, but credit where credit is due, Hyundai did it earlier.

Going further back, this is a very old design trend in many old cars. In some capacity was in there in the Fiat Multipla. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohansachar (Post 4589199)
Going further back, this is a very old design trend in many old cars. In some capacity was in there in the Fiat Multipla. lol:

Suddenly 'mainstreamed' with the US Jeep Cherokee 2014 :D. The slim headlights trend flopped there at least.

Quote:

WOH!! No offence but absolutely 100% incorrect.

Hyundai Kona 2018 was the first SUV with this design which the Harrier copied.
Attachment 1876357

Don't get me wrong, I think the Harrier adapted it better, but credit where credit is due, Hyundai did it earlier.

It would have been incorrect if the Kona was on sale in India since 2018. Being an Indian product slated for launch in India and this thread being in Indian Car scene we were referring to cars on sale in India. :)

Also the Kona was not the first to have this. The Cherokee 2013 had it before the Kona and I'm sure there were others but I was very well aware of the Cherokee and Kona having it before writing that sentence :)

Quote:

Don't get me wrong but Harrier has blatantly copied Fiat Toro's face. Hyundai is also good at copying (specially after hiring the Audi guy) and came later in the list.

https://images.app.goo.gl/17wrB4YWpYt1SRYR6

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4589205)
Suddenly 'mainstreamed' with the US Jeep Cherokee 2014 :D. The slim headlights trend flopped there at least.

I can't believe I forgot about the 2014 Cherokee. What's funny is that they themselves shifted from it with 2019 design change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4589207)
It would have been incorrect if the Kona was on sale in India since 2018. Being an Indian product slated for launch in India and this thread being in Indian Car scene we were referring to cars on sale in India. :)

I took that sentence in the wrong direction, my bad. India PoV, you're 100% correct. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4589220)
Don't get me wrong but Harrier has blatantly copied Fiat Toro's face. Hyundai is also good at copying (specially after hiring the Audi guy) and came later in the list.
https://images.app.goo.gl/17wrB4YWpYt1SRYR6

Hot damn! I can't believe FCA is sitting on these cars & not launching them in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waspune (Post 4589220)

Not getting into the copying stuff, there is no doubt that tata harrier is a looker. It has oodles of presence and attracts eyeballs for its design language. In some ways, it is similar to when the yesteryear safari and Sierra happened.

But, this fiat Toro image just blew me away. It looks ridiculously hot even with the muscular frame. Heck, it looks savage than the fortuners and endeavors out there, leave alone harrier. Thanks for sharing the image link while I pick my jaw from ground. This pic made my day. clap:

https://youtu.be/o0xzafz_bxi
Walkaround Video for the SX(O) Variant.

5 more days to go before pricing announcement. No leaks yet? Where are the birdies?:D

Was watching the videos, looks like there is no sunglass holder. Overall, it seems like Hyundai have not focussed much on the utility/storage spaces which they are usually good at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bhatia.D17 (Post 4589770)
Walkaround Video for the SX(O) Variant.

Interesting. SX(O) seems to have a manual switch in the IRVM, so apparently auto-dimming is being given a miss.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kubectl (Post 4589818)
so apparently auto-dimming is being given a miss.

Correct :Frustrati
It would be better if they provided that in place of wireless charging which has limited usability.

Found this on SBI online banking site.

Is Hyundai advertising through SBI?