Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2019, 12:59   #241
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Went to see the car at showroom. They had a grey one.

As usual interior fit and finish is good like i20. Dashboard is considerably short than i20, done probably to increase boot space. Rear legroom is also similar to i20.

A few pictures:

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1_img_20190518_164735.jpg
There's no hiding the sub-4 meter restrictive design.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2_img_20190518_164745.jpg
The grill and the headlight positioning looks to be wanting in better design and integration. Headlamps specifically looks out of position and does not blend well to the overall design.
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-0_img_20190518_164723.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-3_img_20190518_164800.jpg
Boot is a little larger than i20. Sales person told me it is 350 litres. Seems true.

Last edited by anu007 : 19th May 2019 at 13:03. Reason: Missing words
anu007 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 13:18   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRC83 View Post
Cardekho revealed the variant wise price. Is it true?

HYUNDAI VENUE

PRICE (EX-SHOWROOM)

SX+ 1.0 Petrol DCT Rs 12 lakh

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...cosport-mahind

Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX+ petrol AT costs 11.6 Lakhs. How would they justify Venue 1 SX+ AT at 12 Lakhs?
ashlil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 13:26   #243
BHPian

Hi
Some more thoughts -
  • Air Purifier is not electronic
In comparison with XUV 300 Top end, which has almost nailed the segment with its features (minus the automatic option)
  • 7 Air bags
  • Dual Zone FATC
  • Auto Dimming IRVM
  • Heated mirrors
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Rain sensing wipers
  • Sunroof
  • Leatherette Seats
  • Front parking sensor (kind of a must on City roads like Mumbai)
  • Rear parking sensor
  • TPMS
  • All 4 disc brakes
  • 3-point Seatbelt for Middle Seat too
  • Cruise Control
Looks like XUV300 automatic will be a better bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Hi Friends
I have been a member but have been a silent reader. My quick comments on the car and will be happy to hear fellow BHPians feedback -
  • No Auto Top variant - It seems Vehicle brands don't seem to care anything about the consumer who is willing to pay for the comfort and safety he seeks. As long as there is demand on the cars , Keep selling
  • Two Reverse sensors only - seriously Hyundai? This is a 12 lac + CSUV
  • No rear defogger and rear wiper + washer - What a serious miss
  • Side & Curtain airbags - An automatic car user pays more than the top end and misses this key safety requirements
  • No Auto IRVM - I use a elite i20 2014 Asta, this has Auto IRVM and then Hyundai conveniently places and omits this key addin as per their whims and fancies
Yes, the cost increases due to this features but by how much ? Come on Hyundai, let the consumer choose his options and pay for it. But atleast offer this choices?
patelhemals is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 13:35   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX+ petrol AT costs 11.6 Lakhs. How would they justify Venue 1 SX+ AT at 12 Lakhs?
Reasonable considering the competition or the lack of it.(features wise)

Around 5 years back an Ecosport top spec diesel was 12 L(A relative bought it), it had a waiting period of 6 months even with that pricing. Now the Ecosport S is close to 15L in Bangalore. It looks like 12 L is a comfortable price prospective customers are willing to pay if reasonably equipped - even if it's not a top spec model.

We bought a Verna 1.6 petrol SX manual for a friend a year ago, it was a bit more than 11L on road, right now it costs 1L more at 12L +. The top spec Verna petrol automatic is 17L+, venue looks VFM!!

PS: You can buy the same titanium variant ecosport for around the same price as in 2014, super value considering inflation.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 18:04   #245
BHPian

The rear end resembling the Grand i10 is a big turn off.. Also how will this pit against the i20 active, which sells at about 1 lakh premium vs the i20 ? Does feel like a half hearted attempt with the competition offering a lot more.. Per me the Nexon with the diesel @108HP, 260NM offers a lot more..
charanreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 22:32   #246
Bee
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
The rear end resembling the Grand i10 is a big turn off
I'd like to disagree on this. The back looks more similar to the VW polo. The whole upright stance, creases, bumper design and the square rear lights have much more prominent resemblance to the polo instead. Drawing similarity with the i10 seems like a stretch
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-download-2.jpeg  

Bee is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th May 2019, 23:28   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I'd like to disagree on this. The back looks more similar to the VW polo. The whole upright stance, creases, bumper design and the square rear lights have much more prominent resemblance to the polo instead. Drawing similarity with the i10 seems like a stretch
Thanks for the photo. Actually, I do think there is quite a bit of similarity between the i10 and the Venue. Perhaps, the photo angle makes a difference wrt to the upright stance, but the overall shape makes them all look very similar.
prakash_ajp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 06:58   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Thanks for the photo. Actually, I do think there is quite a bit of similarity between the i10 and the Venue. Perhaps, the photo angle makes a difference wrt to the upright stance, but the overall shape makes them all look very similar.
It does look a lot like a cross between the polo and the i10 to me. I’m really not happy with the way the venue looks. Hyundai engineers could have done a lot better in terms of design. It simply doesn’t pull that split-headlight look as casually as the Harrier does.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:12   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Regarding fewer features than expected from Hyundai, I recall they were the first to spoil us with all the bells and whistles, when compared to competition. Why change the tack now?
When compared to Nexon, they do offer more additional features with better quality fit and finish. Sureshot Winner even if it is not priced appropriately.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:45   #250
BHPian

My dealer called today and confirmed me that my pre-order of the car has arrived and if I want I can take delivery tomorrow on the launch day itself. But I asked him to give me the price list first. He said it will be available tomorrow at 12pm. The issue I'm worried is dealers charge extra such as compulsory accessories or handling charge or logistic charges.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 11:47   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post
When compared to Nexon, they do offer more additional features with better quality fit and finish. Sureshot Winner even if it is not priced appropriately.
But Nexon Automatic are better equipped, and they have petrol and diesel option for AT.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:55   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
My dealer called today and confirmed me that my pre-order of the car has arrived and if I want I can take delivery tomorrow on the launch day itself. But I asked him to give me the price list first. He said it will be available tomorrow at 12pm. The issue I'm worried is dealers charge extra such as compulsory accessories or handling charge or logistic charges.
Wow, your dealer is quick!

I think the bigger issue here is getting the car without a test drive than extra charges Would love to get your opinion if you get a chance to drive it. Which variant have you booked, by the way?

Also do we know when the media drives are scheduled?
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 12:02   #253
Bee
BHPian

Saw a Venue today on side of the road but was unable to click pictures (as soon as I took out my phone, the driver drove off )

Must say, it looks really well proportioned (xuv300) and has good road presence. The front grill isn't as in-your-face as it seems in the pictures. And the alloys are unique and eye-catching.
Old 20th May 2019, 12:33   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
But Nexon Automatic are better equipped, and they have petrol and diesel option for AT.
I have driven the Nexon AMT and its bang average because well, its an AMT!
adhd92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 13:39   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Which variant have you booked, by the way?

Also do we know when the media drives are scheduled?
I have booked the SX+ DCT in Denim Blue. Media drives should start this week itself I feel. If not customer drive will surely start
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks