Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 08:53   #271
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

I see this going the Yaris route with the kind of pricing. Some important features missing on the top end DCT. 6 airbags, leather, rear wiper. What's wrong with the folks at Hyundai? Same issue with the Creta. Give customers a fully loaded top-end and get done with it! Jeez. Why fiddle with small small things at the top end of the spectrum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
It is disappointing to see Hyundai stick to the strategy of not offering the automatic in the top trim, with the attendant safety / comfort & convenience features.

Not sure why most manufacturers feel there is no market for a true top-end automatic! Are these decisions driven by data?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st May 2019 at 09:01. Reason: Post edited. Please do not type... like... this...
Old 21st May 2019, 09:18   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
It is disappointing to see Hyundai stick to the strategy of not offering the automatic in the top trim, with the attendant safety / comfort & convenience features.

Not sure why most manufacturers feel there is no market for a true top-end automatic! Are these decisions driven by data?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
I see this going the Yaris route with the kind of pricing. Some important features missing on the top end DCT. 6 airbags, leather, rear wiper. What's wrong with the folks at Hyundai? Same issue with the Creta. Give customers a fully loaded top-end and get done with it! Jeez. Why fiddle with small small things at the top end of the spectrum?
I think this has only to do with Hyundai not wanting to cannibalize Creta, their bread and butter.

They already had to eliminate Creta's base model to accomodate Venue. A DCT SX(O) will command an ex-showroom price of about 12 lacs or more, which is Creta's territory.

If only someone could talk sense into them and tell them that buyers looking for Venue DCT SX(O) will never go for Creta EX/SX manual, they will go for EcoSport AT Titanium+ instead!

Last edited by kubectl : 21st May 2019 at 09:20.
kubectl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 10:38   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Some of the 'First-In-Segment' features proudly announced by Hyundai!

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2-2.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Launch event at 12 pm,

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-3.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st May 2019 at 10:47.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 11:02   #274
BHPian

I was at the Hyundai showroom this morning to leave a friend's Creta for service. Post the formalities while I was waiting for a cab, I saw a Venue, it was SX (O) MT being cleaned and polished to be put as a display vehicle inside the showroom. Apparently, Hyderabad showrooms by Kun Hyundai have only received one SX (O) MT each for display at this time. There are no updates on TD vehicles esp DCT ones. I had booked one from this showroom on Apr 22nd and one of the Sales guys's mentioned it might take a month for delivery. On the other hand, he told me there have been 50 Venue bookings from this particular unit of Kun Hyundai. Something seemed amiss in the way the staff was answering the questions pertaining to the Venue.

On the look and feel:
1. The SX (O) MT was Silver in color. It was okay but did not wow me. As against the preview pictures and videos, when I did not like the back of the car as compared to the front, in actual, the back looks much neat and nice as compared to the hideous grill up-front.

2. I am 5' 8", the car did not give a tall stance. The roof rails were approximately at my eye/ nose level.

3. I was requested not to take any pics so I did not.

4. All SMs and Sales folks (~ 20+) were huddled into a room and were having an extended stand-up. The one person outside of the room mentioned they might be discussion Venue launch today and perhaps talking about targets, etc.

5. Venue and Creta put side-by-side, I think if I have the money, I would get a Creta instead. I believe this design and look/ feel will take time for us to get used to and until that time Creta or EcoSport might be more pleasing to our eyes.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 11:44   #275
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Launch event at 12 pm
Watch the live webcast, here -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 11:45   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post

If only someone could talk sense into them and tell them that buyers looking for Venue DCT SX(O) will never go for Creta EX/SX manual, they will go for EcoSport AT Titanium+ instead!

Absolutely!! And to the guys at Honda apparently do not want to put a CVT on the WRV because they feel it will cannibalize Jazz CVT .. ridiculous logic. If I wanted to buy a Jazz, I would go buy a Jazz, I wouldn't buy a Jazz when I want a WRV just because Honda Marketing thinks that to be a brilliant idea.

Btw, it still doesn't explain why Hyundai would refrain from a true top of the line Creta Auto.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 21st May 2019 at 11:48. Reason: Post edited for excessive dots, and extra smiley removed.
kimmig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 11:54   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Features across variants + FE figures, courtesy Renuka Kripalani on Twitter.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-d7edo7xuyaenw1l.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-d7ee8i4uiaagkkm.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:10   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
I am still coming to terms with the fact that we live in a world where armrests are offered in certain colours.

Name:  Screenshot from 20190521 120951.png
Views: 4946
Size:  59.3 KB
kubectl is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:11   #279
BHPian

3 year/ unlimited Km warranty is an exciting offer! and the mileage! Phew! This looks good, now waiting for the pricing announcement
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:13   #280
BHPian

Those ARAI certified FE figures look great -

• 1 L Petrol Turbo - 18.27 (MT), 18.15 (DCT)
  • 1.2 L Petrol - 17.52 (MT)
  • 1.4 L Diesel - 23.70 (MT)
jailbird_fynix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:15   #281
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry, I could not find the remote functions in the above list. I believe there are features like remotely starting your car. Which models are getting these features?
Old 21st May 2019, 12:16   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
3 year/ unlimited Km warranty is an exciting offer! and the mileage! Phew! This looks good, now waiting for the pricing announcement
3 year unlimited km warranty has always been the case for Hyundai. Nothing new here with the Venue. Maruti still offers 2 years 40k warranty

My price range guess:
Base petrol: 7.8
Top end diesel/ DCT petrol: 11.8

Last edited by tarik.arora : 21st May 2019 at 12:17.
Old 21st May 2019, 12:21   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I am sorry, I could not find the remote functions in the above list. I believe there are features like remotely starting your car. Which models are getting these features?
Presumably, the ones with Bluelink? The SX+ (DCT) & the top end SX(O) variant.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:22   #284
BHPian

I am excited for the Venue launch for what it would mean to the segment as a whole:
1. The market leader Maruti would stay on its toes for the Brezza face-lift,
2. Rather than removing features every other month, Tata would be forced to add them in the Nexon,
3. Honda might offer an automatic with WR-V,
4. Mahindra might offer a price correction for the XUV300, or at the very least not hike them
5. Ford might offer more creature comforts in the EcoSport, inc rear air con vents.
The only downside is that Venue might be priced at a "Hyundai premium", which could drive the prices of the whole segment further up!
r0nit7 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2019, 12:31   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Aaah, the quintessential 'E' variant, for them to use the "starting from Rs **** "tag.
No rear power windows, no stereo, and manual mirrors. Well, I am surprised they are offering body colored bumpers at all; this could have helped further cut down the price.

They have made such a big fuss over the connectivity and other bells and whistles, that the majority of the buyers are not going to bother about how the car actually drives.
MalluDude is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks