Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2019, 06:33   #391
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

I think they missed a trick by not having an SX - DCT priced at 9.99 Lacs and positioned between the S DCT and SX+ DCT. This would have avoided large state road tax increases in many states. Seeing that the S-DCT is at 9.35 lacs, there is certainly room for adding features worth 65K and topping off a Auto variant with as much features/luxury as possible under 10 lacs. The S-DCT variant seriously misses out on many key features:
  • Rear View Camera
  • Fog Lamps
  • Auto Headlamps
  • Smart Key
  • Projector Headlamps
  • Cornering Lamps
  • LED DRLs
  • LED Tail Lamps
  • Turn Indicators on ORVMs
  • Alloy Wheels
  • Shark Fin Antenna
  • Leather trims on steering/gear lever
  • Height Adjustable driver seat
  • Touch-screen display with apple car-play/android auto
  • Push button start/stop
  • Wireless charging
  • Cruise Control
  • USB Charger
  • Front map lamps
  • Larger tires (215/60/16 instead of 195/65/15).
  • etc.

At least some of these could have been added into the existing S-DCT to position an SX-DCT at 9.99 Lacs.

Does anyone know the service interval of this car? Hopefully it is 12 months and not 6 months like the Toyotas and Hondas.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 22nd May 2019 at 06:34.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 07:05   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI's price tracker on the CUV segment.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-01.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 07:31   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I think they missed a trick by not having an SX - DCT priced at 9.99 Lacs and positioned between the S DCT and SX+ DCT. This would have avoided large state road tax increases in many states. Seeing that the S-DCT is at 9.35 lacs, there is certainly room for adding features worth 65K and topping off a Auto variant with as much features/luxury as possible under 10 lacs.
Could not agree more. Probably this is my only disappointment with Hyundai on Venue. They have delivered on all other aspects. Variant to variant difference between petrol and diesel is negligible. IMO, this is because 1.0 turbo is an expensive engine. Imagine the pricing if they had natural aspirated 1.2 petrol doing 90-95 bhp. That would have killed the competition completely.

Quote:
anyone know the service interval of this car? Hopefully it is 12 months and not 6 months like the Toyotas and Hondas.
Under normal usage it is 12 months and 10k kms, but under severe usage its 6 months and 5k kms.

Refer to screenshot from owner's manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190522_071323.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190522_071526.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190522_071344.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190522_071553.jpg  

rahul_goyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:36   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
ACI's price tracker on the CUV segment.

Attachment 1877955
I fail to understand how Hyundai has kept the petrol to diesel price difference less that 25k? I know the 1.0-litre gasoline engine is a turbocharged one and thus the difference will reduce but same is the case with Nexon and XUV.

Both Nexon and XUV also employ a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine and then also the petrol to diesel difference is huge. For Mahindra it is around 50-55k and for Nexon it is 80-90k. Are Tata and Mahindra making lot of money on the diesel variants? or is Hyundai compromising profits there to gather volumes?

One reason that i can think of is, Hyundai is using the same old 1.4 engine that has been doing duty in i20, Creta, and Verna since ages and they have recovered all the development costs. While, for Tata and Mahindra the engine development costs are being amortised on the products. It will be very interesting to see what Hyundai does after BS-VI comes into effect. If Hyundai is planning to make this 1.4 engine BS-VI compatible (which i doubt), the story remains the same. However, if Hyundai plonks a new and a bigger engine, the the Diesel Venue price will shoot-up like anything after April 2020.
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:39   #395
BHPian

A pdf showing the brief comparison of the features of Venue v/s Brezza, EcoSport, Nexon and XUV300. This could be helpful for the prospective buyers of Venue.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Venue – Competition Comparison.pdf (4.63 MB, 1060 views)
nkumarblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 08:55   #396
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the maintenance chart/images. It's on the higher side when compared to Nexon which is serviced every 15,000 Kms with engine oil change, or once a year. I'm going to check out the Venue today

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Maintenance
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:47   #397
BHPian

With the W8(O) diesel of XUV 300 priced at 11.99 and S diesel of Ecosport priced at 11.89 Hyundai have enough room for a diesel AT since their SX (O) diesel is priced at 10.84 (more than a lac less). Hyundai can introduce a top of the line diesel AT with a 1.2 lac premium and still get away since for the same price the competition offers only a manual transmission.

Venue 1.4 diesel with a torque converter will probably dent the Creta more I guess and that's probably the reason especially when there is pricing room. But IMO a diesel AT for Venue would make a strong business case and would complete the line up.

With the launch of Venue, Hyundai is the only company to have all 4 AT technologies on offer

AMT - Santro
CVT - i20
TC - Grand i10, Excent, Verna, Creta, Elantra & Tucson
DCT - Venue

Hyundai took their time to develop an in house AMT instead of outsourcing and its now the best AMT in town. Similarly I guess the DCT from Hyundai would be relatively better (in terms of reliability) than VAG's (fingers crossed).

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 22nd May 2019 at 09:50.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 09:55   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
I fail to understand how Hyundai has kept the petrol to diesel price difference less that 25k? I know the 1.0-litre gasoline engine is a turbocharged one and thus the difference will reduce but same is the case with Nexon and XUV.

Both Nexon and XUV also employ a 1.2-litre turbo petrol engine and then also the petrol to diesel difference is huge. For Mahindra it is around 50-55k and for Nexon it is 80-90k. Are Tata and Mahindra making lot of money on the diesel variants? or is Hyundai compromising profits there to gather volumes?
That is probably because the 1.0 GDI is imported compared to made in India 1.2 turbo petrol's of Mahindra and Tata. The other two Turbo petrol's, the 1.2TSI and the BoosterJet are also priced higher or closer to the diesel variants just like the Venue.
Xaos636 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 10:58   #399
Senior - BHPian

As a Brezza and WRV owner, I wanted to see the Venue. I went to Hyundai Showroom room and the first impression was, it looks smaller. I was over excited about Venue launch and I talked a lot about it with my wife. The wife also wanted to see it and consider it as a possible replacement of her WRV. After seeing it, she said its too small, she would love to carry on with her WRV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
65% of these bookings are for petrols with 35% selecting diesels.
IMHO, Petrol will be the selling point of this Vehicle. Venue 1.0 Ltr MT will sell like hot cake.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:00   #400
Senior - BHPian

I am seriously impressed with the Venue's pricing. The diesel top end has undercut the EcoSport S and XUV W8(0) by a lakh with comparable features. I saw a test drive car pass by yesterday and my only concern so far is that the Venue does not have the presence size wise against the competition. It looks too hatchback like than a C SUV. It looks like a slightly bigger Ignis actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
That is probably because the 1.0 GDI is imported compared to made in India 1.2 turbo petrol's of Mahindra and Tata. The other two Turbo petrol's, the 1.2TSI and the BoosterJet are also priced higher or closer to the diesel variants just like the Venue.
The Hyundai 1.0L is made in India and will be shared with Kia. The reason it is more expensive than the Tata & Mahindra Turbo petrols is because the Hyundai engine is GDI like the VW TSI & Ford Ecoboost whereas the others are regular MPFi with Turbo's. GDI pressures are much higher and I'm sure the engines need more re-inforcing apart from the actual cost of the injectors, etc.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd May 2019 at 15:15. Reason: Typo (that to than), 2nd line last para
fiat_tarun is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:12   #401
Senior - BHPian

Full page ads in newspapers today. No prizes for guessing who their target audience is!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_5525.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:34   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugh_H View Post
Really surprised by the pricing here. I was expecting Hyundai to charge a premium but doesn't seem to be the case to me. With the steady price increase Ecosport has seen over the years and the way XUV300 is priced, this is not bad at all!
Ford, Tata and Mahindra will take the most impact while I am sure Maruti is going to go full throttle on the Brezza update.

Now I am really wanting to see how the Sales number change in this segment.
Definitely the sales number would be worth to look at. Either Venue will be fetching volumes from its competitors in this segment or may even drag volumes from other segment like compact premium (Baleno)/compact sedan (Dzire)/suv mid(S Cross) witnessing the growing potential of sub 4m suv segment. I guess young millennial would get attracted towards such vehicles a lot
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:43   #403
BHPian

I'll have to drive this DCT version to see if its anything as good as my Vento's DSG box. If yes, I could be looking at the top variant for a replacement.
Old 22nd May 2019, 11:54   #404
Senior - BHPian

The OTR in Kolkata for the DCT top variant is coming to 12.30L.

A just upgrade for my i20 is here. Finally!
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:01   #405
Senior - BHPian

VENUE SX(0) walkaround. I think by now we all know how Venue looks inside out. Now awaiting engine / gearbox / ride / handling reviews. Any idea when media test drive reviews will be up??

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks