Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis (Post 4583064)

PS: Which drone clicked the first three pics?

You will have to see all the pics in detail and spot the drone. Hint, check the pic of the rear of the venue and look left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis (Post 4583149)
From the top of my head::Frustrati
1. Better rear seating space
2. Better boot space
3. BlueLink
4. Hyudai's ASS
5. Hyundai's Reliability (Ford's JV etc. etc.)
6. Better mileage (hoping)
7. Brand new offering
8. Better brand recognition
9. Sweet looks
10. Price (this is a Hail Mary)
11. Better re-sale value

This is the most interesting comparison. To add some quick points in favour of the Ecosport:
1. Established product with gremlins sorted
2. Driving dynamics (assuming Ford v/s Hyundai cred)
3. Build quality (marginal difference, again an assumption)
4. Looks (highly subjective)
5. Fuel efficiency and refined turbo petrol (I could be wrong here, but Ford's Ecoboost has been around for a while and is a multiple award winning engine which has also been upsized for higher capacities)

Overall, I have no doubt that Venue will hit the Ecosport numbers, it remains to be seen by how much. At the same time, it will most likely expand the segment. Hyundai, late to the game, has probably upped the game. I doubt there will be too much of an overlap with the Creta which is a size larger. In fact, at a group level, Creta could be expected to see a dip in sales while it waits for the next refresh while the Venue will more than enough make up the overall numbers. With MSI planning to phase out the 1.3 DDiS, one can expect the price for it's replacement 1.5 to be higher - whether it plays a role in sales numbers and how much - remains to be seen.

The driving enthusiast in me feels a little sad that SUVs are taking over practically all segments.

I can't believe they aren't offering the SX(O) on the DCT. That car with that combo will be a premium in the segment, I do not see any other cars competing with it other than EcoSport, why skip the top end variant? There could be those extra features people like me are interested and yeah I will have to compromise or go with the EcoSport.

Disappointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100BHP (Post 4583188)
Congratulations ! What's the price you are expecting ?

I think the 1.0 DCT will be priced about 50k more than the Ecosport AT. However, now that they skipped the op end for the DCT, they might price it equally to go right at them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4583015)
Front seats are pretty comfy. They are mostly cloth where your body comes in contact & the outer edge is leather. The seats also have the side airbags. Driver's seat is height adjustable:
Attachment 1872111

From other pictures, this car appears to be a manual variant. Does the DCT variant come with side airbags? Were there any other obvious differences between Manual/DCT variants?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaranP (Post 4583089)
Just booked the 1.0 Turbo DCT SX(+).
Really disappointed to not see the SX(O) here. We can see in the press shoot that the DCT has side airbags, let's hope the ESP gets included in the DCT too.

Where did you see DCT having side airbags? Most of the pictures/videos use the white Venue which is the manual variant.

Don't understand why Hyundai doesn't fully load everything in the top variant & omit some features. Like here Diesel Manual is SX(O) - the top variant and the Petrol DCT SX(+) seems to be just below the SX(O)
Okay, so these are things that are confirmed with respect to the top end DCT variant.

1.) Sunroof is present
2.) ESP is present
3.) Cruise control
4.) Bluelink + the ability to remote start your car & AC (It will be only in Auto due to obvious reasons)
4.) Automatic headlamps
5.) Seems no auto wipers
6.) May be only 2 airbags, not sure

If you watch the video of the venue from the Car and Bike review, one can see that the black car is being reviewed. The black one is the DCT.

There is an "Airbag" sticker on the driver and passenger seat. So there are definitely 4, if not 6 airbags in the DCT.

https://youtu.be/Xz9jXbMPNgw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4583206)
You will have to see all the pics in detail and spot the drone. Hint, check the pic of the rear of the venue and look left.

I guess its the DJI Phantom 4.

Great preview of Hyundai Venue by vid6639 clap:. So much information in such a short period of time. Knowing Hyundai's quality and service, this will be a instant success on launch.

Venkatesh.H

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4583038)
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Indian Car Scene. Thanks for sharing!

You managed this in just 2 hours with the car & sharing it with 100 journalists :Shockked:? Whoa man, your preview is more detailed than any other journo's review will be.

Clicked at the drivers seat capturing all the details of the Venue clap:

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-cd7b9491d8264aee89f1b9bb7854042c.jpeg

Source: From the Instagram page of my friend who works for Motor World India

Great timing for the review clap:

Have booked on-line the SX+ DCT for my sister. Hope the version falls sub 12lacs OTR (Please!!)

Choosing Colors is tough, The color choices should have been provided on the web-site.

I have selected denim blue, which appears to have a Matt finish.

Other Colors are :-

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190502_182454.jpg

A great review vid. Now you just need to edit and add a driving and handling section. Great job as usual.
Adding more competition to market is the Hyundai venue. And with the reliability and after sales service I think this might be another runaway success in India.
They have designed or added the features very cleverly( can't beat the Koreans). What you get is a good and well baked pie, for further and better icings and toppings please buy the Creta. Ha ha.
Now all this car needs is the official review to be completed.
Great job team bhp.

Pic showing the DCT with the Sunroof
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-sunroof.jpg

Pic showing the ESP on/off switch in the DCT
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-traction.jpg

BTW, I just booked the DCT SX+, Denim Blue (or Deep Forest) through the dealer near my home. :Cheering:
He said color can be changed based on availability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto$apien (Post 4583272)
Choosing Colors is tough, The color choices should have been provided on the web-site.

I have selected denim blue, which appears to have a Matt finish.

Agree, they should have at least shown the car rendered in these colours like Mahindra did on their website while taking bookings for XUV300.

I've selected Denim Blue as well, that seems to be the brochure colour for Venue displayed everywhere.

Do you happen to know the name of the near black colour that they showcased on the ship? Is that Denim Blue or Deep Forest?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kubectl (Post 4583285)
Agree, they should have at least shown the car rendered in these colours like Mahindra did on their website while taking bookings for XUV300.

I've selected Denim Blue as well, that seems to be the brochure colour for Venue displayed everywhere.

Do you happen to know the name of the near black colour that they showcased on the ship? Is that Denim Blue or Deep Forest?

There is no black color. There is Deep Forest which is a very dark shade of green. The difference can be seen in the C pillar which has some black coloring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaranP (Post 4583240)
If you watch the video of the venue from the Car and Bike review, one can see that the black car is being reviewed. The black one is the DCT.

There is an "Airbag" sticker on the driver and passenger seat. So there are definitely 4, if not 6 airbags in the DCT.

You, sir, have a keen eye, thanks! So now we know that SX+ comes with at least 4 airbags.

Hmm, then SX+ and SX(O) are placed so closely that the differentiators are minimal, both have 4/6 airbags, sunroof, etc. What are they going to differentiate on? Or is it just poor naming?