Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 09:38   #451
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

I have read on this forum (Hyundai Creta: Brake failure, pedal goes all the way in)about the Creta's notorious braking issue. It seems like it is not a one off case if one does a simple google search. To me that is the deal breaker.

The size of the Venue seems good and other things appear to be decent enough for me but how does one go about checking this issue?
Old 24th May 2019, 14:04   #452
BHPian

Any birdies can suggest Venue will lead to some discounts on other CSUVs in June?
Old 24th May 2019, 14:11   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
My close friend test drove it, liked it very much, but he will be booking either Ecosport or XUV500! For him, this car didn't have the "Big car feel" for the price being quoted.

This might be the only major weakness in the design, rest of it is on point and amazing.
Ecosport is taller and actually looks bigger than it is. Also plonking those spare wheel on boot gives it a distinct character. Biggest concern to me is the DCT, no dual clutch in Indian conditions have proved reliable.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 14:13   #454
BHPian

An overview of the 1.0 Litre DCT variant by Dino's Vault:

nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 14:37   #455
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a look-see at the Venue at the nearest Hyundai showroom - SX(O) diesel.

All observations are in comparison to my Falkor (EcoSport).

- Gosh, the Venue is small! The footprint is similar to the i20's from all sides. This thing is not even close to the Nexon & the XUV300 in terms of on-road presence and cabin size. Even my EcoSport seems wider, taller and bigger.

- The cabin is quite compact for my 6'0", 85-kgs frame. It's as if everything around me was compressed. Sitting erect on the driver's seat (which was a very snug fit), I had about two fingers' width to spare from the roof hitting my head. The sunroof lid was nearly brushing against my hair! Speaking of which, the sunroof itself is very compact. In comparison, there is plenty of space all around me in my Ford.

- The steering wheel is a size smaller than the EcoSport (similar in size to my Nexon). Buttons feel good and built to last. Doorpads felt thin and hollow than my Ford. The MID display is crisp and sharp.

- The cabin oozes premium wherever you feel it. The dashboard plastics, doors, central console, all have excellent fit and finish.

- Rear seat width is atrocious. In my normal sitting position behind the driver's seat, my left hand and left shoulder was covering about 2/3rds of the folded rear armrest. Forget a 5th passenger in the Venue.

- I had about 4 fingers' width above me in the rear seat. Still not enough for going over a sharp speed-breaker at 40-ish speeds.

- Boot space is good. Nearly as much as in my EcoSport. Should be no problems here.

- Checked the engine bay and the 1.4L CRDi had room to spare on all sides. They could have designed a slightly more snug engine bay and made the cabin a wee bit longer, so that it would have been more spacious. Take a cue from Honda & Tata here, Hyundai.

- The squared-off rear foglamps look outlandish. Maybe a round one like the i20 Active would have suited the Venue more.

- All in all, the Venue would appeal to the urbanites who like all things compact. Make no mistake though - this is a sub-sub-compact SUV (if there is such a thing). Definitely a notch below the Nexon, 300, Brezza & the EcoSport in terms of size and on-road presence.

Came back from the Venue into my EcoSport and I immediately felt..liberated! (for lack of a better word) The Ford has much more space on all sides, and the cabin is much more open.

Forget the two 1.2L petrol variants and their prices. They are just there for crowd-pulling. The actual Venue lineup starts with the 1.0L petrol & 1.4L diesel, and for the product on offer at the price stated, it's definitely overpriced.

Be sure to check out all other offerings at the same price range before you sign on the dotted lines.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190524_114100.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190524_114215.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-untitled1.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (49) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 14:49   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Any birdies can suggest Venue will lead to some discounts on other CSUVs in June?
A 100% - I've been getting back to back calls from Ford dealers since Venue's launch about discounts and offers. It has already started in May
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 14:56   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landmaster18 View Post
The size of the Venue seems good and other things appear to be decent enough for me but how does one go about checking this issue?
This has been widely debated with differing opinions. Even the official review takes note of the poor braking vis-a-vis the size but doesn't call it a design flow. Personally, I've never faced an issue with the braking. I just feel that the ABS sensors are extremely sensitive and trigger at the slightest warning which causes a mini-scare for those who are expecting something else.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 15:01   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
A 100% - I've been getting back to back calls from Ford dealers since Venue's launch about discounts and offers. It has already started in May
Looking for TATA folks to wake up and do it too!
Old 24th May 2019, 16:00   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I just feel that the ABS sensors are extremely sensitive and trigger at the slightest warning which causes a mini-scare for those who are expecting something else.

My good sir, can you please elaborate this? How and under what conditions does it happen and what exactly happens?

Thank you.
Old 24th May 2019, 16:17   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Would you mind sharing details of discounts/offers and which dealership is this?
Old 24th May 2019, 16:23   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Would you mind sharing details of discounts/offers and which dealership is this?
I didn't dig deep as I'm not interested in EcoSport for now, but I got calls from PPS Ford, Elite Ford and Cauvery Ford. Maybe just call them and say that you got a call about the offers and they'll let you know
kubectl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2019, 21:25   #462
BHPian

"The motor is nicely balanced at idle, the rocking motion of the three-pot is well contained and that flutter you get at times as you accelerate is missing for the most part too. Step off isn’t very energetic due to some mild turbo lag and the fact that there’s no torque converter. But because the boost comes in nice and early and there’s a nice swell in performance, the Venue pulls forward with a good amount of energy. Performance, however, is linear, and the engine clearly is not as spiky as the Mahindra XUV300’s. "

Quoted from Autocar India's 1st TD review -

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-revi...t-drive-412833

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 24th May 2019 at 21:34.
Old 24th May 2019, 22:55   #463
BHPian

So i had a brief look at the Venue at a Hyundai dealership in Delhi, my observations are not based on actual driving experience of the car as they had no test drive vehicle.

Well honestly i own a City and a Creta but my reaction after experiencing this car is better than what i had with Creta, while the Creta does nothing wrong it does'nt have that excitement going for it, i feel this is more exciting yet extremely well balanced like the Creta.

Number one reason is the styling, i feel this looks fresh, young, striking yet non offensive, this without doubt is quite a head turner in my opinion. (Atleast till it gets super common like Creta and you find white coloured copies of these just everywhere)

Number two is the Direct injection Turbo Petrol+ DCT combo which atleast on paper and if autocar's review is something to go by is impressive, certainly more so than Creta's NA petrol + Torque Converter Auto which always felt super flat to me. (I own the sweet 1.6 Diesel Manual BTW)

Number 3 is again in my opinion pretty value for money pricing plus feature loaded in most variants when compared to Creta, compared to my SX variant this (SX variant again) gets it all plus leather steering, sunroof, auto headlamps, reverse camera, cruise control, android auto/apple car play, speed sensing door lock (which is a horribly annoying omission in my Creta), projector fog lamps and some more features and its a good 5 lakh cheaper on road which is certainly not bad pricing at all.
I feel they overpriced and messed up with features when they launched Creta, they have not repeated their mistakes this time.

The build quality and panel gaps felt spot on too, the sheet metal felt even thicker than my Creta. (Which is both good and bad, Autocar's VBOX 0-100 timing is 15.XX seconds for the diesel which is slow, all its competition is surprisingly and substantially faster, i don't know if they have messed up with shifting when measuring this but if true this points to a high kerb weight in the vicinity of bigger Creta, i had assumed this being substantially smaller and lighter the Diesel 0-100 would in be the vicinity of 11 seconds ,(Creta 1.6's ballpark) which does'nt seem to be the case)

Waiting for the actual test drive but i'am pretty sure this has it all to become the winner in this segment (Lets be real its India and it can't beat a Maruti), but all the others especially the Mahindra and Tata should be really worried, Ford Ecosport although super competent has been around for very long, i feel this should easily become the number 2 in this segment.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 24th May 2019 at 23:02.
Rocketscience is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 09:24   #464
BHPian

Autocar review of the Venue is out
Mukund is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 10:44   #465
Team-BHP Support

A detailed promotional video from Hyundai, explaining features and specs of the Venue -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks