Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2019, 02:44   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Is the Venue on the same platform as the i20? I'm wondering if this car will score better on NCAP tests than the i20 managed.
I understand it's based on next gen creta platform.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 07:01   #512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Mr Venu, -the tall, dark and handsome South-Indian' was spotted near JP Nagar, so deliveries must have started. When seen next to a Brezza it does hold it's own, but I would advise them to place it far away from the Santro in showrooms as the small car does dominate with its taller stance and roof rails.
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 08:14   #513
BHPian

Quote:
Is the Venue on the same platform as the i20? I'm wondering if this car will score better on NCAP tests than the i20 managed.
Venue is said to be based on the Grandi10 platform and hence the smaller dimensions. Crash results will be similar.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 09:11   #514
BHPian

Had some time yesterday and went to the Advaith Hyundai showroom to check out the Venue along with a friend who owns Creta automatic. In my opinion, its strictly a 4 seater and I echo some of the other members feedback that the head room for a tall person ( I am 6' 1") in the drivers seat might be problem and the steering wheel appears to be a tad small for my linking.
Its a real compact SUV in its truest sense and if you have a 5th person in mind while buying, it will be a hard sell. Fit and finish are all ok with no major gotchas.
Didnt take a test drive as the Bannerghatta road with its war zone like characteristics makes anyone to think twice before putting north of million bucks on a car.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 09:56   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Venue on the same platform as the i20?
Venue's platform is derived from the new K1 platform which made its debut on the Santro and will also be used for future sub 4-metre models from Hyundai. In all probability, Venue will be the most premium model to be based on this platform post which K2 platform models will start.

At a slightly higher price point, Hyundai Verna comes with K2 platform shared with the Elantra which makes it a better bet than Venue if one does not necessarily want a compact SUV.

IIRC both Grand i10 and Elite i20 use the old platform currently and will be shifted to the K1 platform soon.

Last edited by self_driven : 27th May 2019 at 10:08.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 11:14   #516

Yaayyy!!

I finally got the Team-BHP membership after trying too many times.
Well I think I got it at the right time as I am planning to upgrade and change my car and what better place than Team BHP to get advice and suggestions for the experts.
The biggest dilemma I am facing now is because of the launch of the Hyundai Venue.

My dream car has been Ecosport since a long time. I have been waiting patiently biding my time to buy the new Ecosprot to replace my current WagonR.

There had been many temptations (read- Nexon, XUV300) in between to lure me away from Ecosport. But a couple of shortcomings in those cars were enough for me to hang on loyally to Ecosport.

Now when I almost ready with everything to buy the Ecosport, Hyundai decides to launch Venue and at a very tempting price, with a good pedigree, reliability and service.

My choice is diesel and I am really confused in between the Ecosport 1.5D and the venue 1.4D.

Since I am still unable to get a TD vehicle here, I surely would be grateful if anyone who has done the test drive of Venue can give some insights onto how it compares to Ecosport in ride and handling and comfort level.

Thanks again Team-bhp. I am in finally.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 27th May 2019 at 11:54. Reason: typo edited
Eco_Driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 12:37   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eco_Driven View Post
Yaayyy!!

My choice is diesel and I am really confused in between the Ecosport 1.5D and the venue 1.4D.

Thanks again Team-bhp. I am in finally.
Welcome to team bhp...
Answering your query, it depends on how you like to drive. Power and torque delivery EcoSport wins and NVH and comfort, venue wins.
If you are a moderately sedate driver, 1.4 of venue will be adequate. But if you like your 0-100 times EcoSport wins.
Old 27th May 2019, 12:41   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Since I am still unable to get a TD vehicle here, I surely would be grateful if anyone who has done the test drive of Venue can give some insights onto how it compares to Ecosport in ride and handling and comfort level.
Hi Eco_Driven, I didn't get a chance to have a TD of Venue yet. But one of my close friend who recently bought his second EcoSport, he had TD of Venue and did a good comparison between two. I am sharing his feedback on Venue which he shared in our EcoSport FB Group, after owning his second EcoSport over the Venue. Hope it could help you.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1.jpg
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2.jpg

Do let me know, if you need any direct help from him, I will connect both of you.

Last edited by nkumarblr : 27th May 2019 at 12:45.
nkumarblr is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 12:44   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Yaayyy!!

If the comparison is between diesels, and top-most priority is handling, the Ecosport should be the choice eyes closed. Upon TD'ing the Ecosport I realized it handles like a car, more like a sedan defying the physics of it's higher ground clearance, somehow. Also, simple stage-1 remaps through OBD (by Wolf or Code6) make the Ecosport highly fun to drive with more linear power delivery.

I do not think any of the C-SUV's can match the handling of Ecosport. However, if you like ride comfort and more plush drive like floating on the roads, I'd advise you to go with Venue, Hyundai being known to provide such characteristics. I could be wrong though because the statement is based on existing Hyundai cars, not Venue which I have not yet TD'ed. The Ecosport ride is (I think) the stiffest among all C-SUVs, although I do not feel that is uncomfortable.
jagzrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 13:59   #520
Senior - BHPian

Just test drove the Venue DCT 1.0 petrol

Felt that the vehicle is smaller than the brezza

Wanted to highlight the mileage in particular

I got 7.5 kmpl in moderate city traffic
Highway was 10kmpl

Requesting fellow bhpians here to reset and check mileage both on highway and city traffic

Last edited by ecosport rules : 27th May 2019 at 14:03.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 14:28   #521
BHPian

1. Fellow BHPians from Hyderabad, test drives of Venue DCT and 1.4 Diesel MT are available at Fusion Hyundai (Near Bowenpally).

2. I cancelled my Venue booking with Kun Hyundai for various reasons:
a. The top-end Auto does not come with 6 airbags, unlike the Manual Transmission ones.
b. The experience at Kun Hyundai wasn't that great with respect to getting updates, etc on the possible delivery, TD vehicle arrival, etc. They didn't seem interested at all.
c. I found a pre-worshipped Creta SX(O) Petrol from July 2018 in very good condition.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 14:50   #522
BHPian

Sharing some pics which shows comparison in road presence of Hyundai Venue with Ford Ecosport,

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190527_142813.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190527_142801.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190527_142744.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-20190527_142729.jpg

Image Courtsey:- Car Toq

Based on the earlier posts in this thread,
comparing Vitara Brezza and Venue for road presence and now Ecosport and Venue for road presence in this post, IMHO I feel it's only the rear end of the venue which makes the SUV looks smaller than the other 2 SUV's mentioned here. Front especially makes the Venue look equally big as compared to Vitara Brezza and Ecosport.

Moreover, I would like to mention here that the front seats in the Venue are very good at thigh support, I had very comfortable test drive in the front seat of the Venue.

I have knee pain concern in my right leg, any car with driver seat short of under thigh support starts giving me knee pain within 3 kms of driving, but that was not the case with Venue. I had driven the Venue for 15 kms but didn't experience any pain. IMHO Venue front seats offer better under thigh support than latest gen Verna(no offence to any onwers).

Regards

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 27th May 2019 at 14:57.
Car's Paradise is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 15:06   #523

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Welcome to team bhp...
Answering your query, it depends on how you like to drive. Power and torque delivery EcoSport wins and NVH and comfort, venue wins.
If you are a moderately sedate driver, 1.4 of venue will be adequate. But if you like your 0-100 times EcoSport wins.

Thanks very much. I think probably I am not much of a sedate driver. It is more of a 0-100 driver and I enjoy driving a lot.
I have squeezed out every ounce of power I could from my poor WagonR. So Ecosport might be still the winner for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkumarblr View Post
Hi Eco_Driven, I didn't get a chance to have a TD of Venue yet. But one of my close friend who recently bought his second EcoSport, he had TD of Venue and did a good comparison between two. I am sharing his feedback on Venue which he shared in our EcoSport FB Group, after owning his second EcoSport over the Venue. Hope it could help you.

Attachment 1879604
Attachment 1879605

Do let me know, if you need any direct help from him, I will connect both of you.

Thanks very much nkumarblr. The review from a current Ecosport owner who test drove the Venue is really helpful. It gives an insight from the Ecosport driver point of view. This really is starting to strengthen my belief in the Ecosport.
Yes it would be really helpful if you could please connect me to your friend. I am also originally from Bangalore so it would be really nice to get inputs from anyone who has driven the Ecosport and prevailed and won the battle to buy another Ecosport in Bangalore traffic.

Last edited by navin : 27th May 2019 at 16:53.
Eco_Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 15:58   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My dream car has been Ecosport since a long time. I have been waiting patiently biding my time to buy the new Ecosprot to replace my current WagonR.

I was in the same dilemma a few months back, and while I was initially ready to purchase the Ecosport, a few things made me cancel my booking and opt for a different vehicle:

1. The clutch in two different test drive vehicles, each within 10K kms run, were extremely heavy and hard to operate in Bangalore traffic. This has also been confirmed by various long term users of the ES diesel, both older as well as the current verions. I was not OK with such a heavy clutch in bumper to bumper traffic.

2. Suspension of the ES is very stiff, especially over the bad roads of Bangalore. Ride quality is pretty ordinary, and nowhere near the XUV 300 or Nexon's. Again, a deal breaker for me.

3. The future of diesels is fast waning and I was not ready to plonk Rs. 12 lakhs plus on a diesel car only to face tanked resale values and other rising costs in the near future.

Please consider the above when purchasing the diesel variants of the ES or the Venue, as the case may be. In my view, the petrol versions make MUCH better sense unless your monthly running is in 2500-3000 kms range, given the negligible price difference between the two fuels today.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 27th May 2019 at 16:02.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th May 2019, 16:21   #525
Senior - BHPian

Need help guys

Not so impressed with the Venue

Venue turbo petrol DCT(11.1L)
VS
New Ecosport petrol TC auto(11.36)
VS
Preowned city petrol CVT (12L-15k done )
VS
Preowned Creta 1.6 petrol TC auto (14L-15k done)
VS
Preowned Jazz auto(7L-15k done)
VS
Preowned Corolla Petrol CVT(14L)

This is for my dad who is 70 years young.
City run 30 to 35 kms per day

Thank you

Last edited by ecosport rules : 27th May 2019 at 16:27.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed