Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:44   #916
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieBull76 View Post
Its a very deceptive colour(the exterior). Only when its very sunny, it looks dark green, most other times it looks like a dark grey/black vehicle. I'm saying this because at least 10 people have asked me whether mine is a black car. Would suggest you see it in person as well.
Hey it would be very kind of you it could some more shots of your car since its a unique color in the market and I havent seen a single model in that color yet.
adhd92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 22:40   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Hi
The Venue looks good in this color, and almost looks black in certain light.

Have received many compliments for the color. I am happy with the color and i know it will be a task to maintain the shine.

Here are a few pics in Morning Light
Could you please post some interior pictures that comes with Khaki tone? Also- if possible, bit better photos of exterior too. Thank you.
Old 23rd July 2019, 14:44   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Congrats on your new ride! Which color did you book? Also, what's the OTR for you?

Hyundai Venue White SX+ DCT
Dealer: Arsh Hyundai
OTR: Around 13L

Pre-Sales Experience in Mumbai:

1. Sreenath Hyundai (Ghatkopar) - Overall bad feel, further their vehicle price list mentioned cancellation charges may exceed the booking amount. Bad feel in dealing with them.

2. Modi Hyundai (Santacruz) - Overall very good, but too many extra were mandatory to be purchased with the car.

3.Arsh Hyundai (Sion), Found the team more helpful, maybe since they are a new dealership or guess I just felt comfortable dealing with them. Booking done in June 1st week.

Got delivery of the car yesterday with about 10days for registration.Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190723_143908.jpg
liberal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 20:33   #919
BHPian

Just got done with the first free service - at 1411km and close to 2 months of ownership.

I primarily had two issues which needed rectification -

1. Steering wheel pointed to the right by a few degrees, while driving straight. To compensate for this, wheel alignment was done and the Toe angle for both wheels was moved to the right.

2. The inbuilt microphone routinely malfunctioned, resulting in my voice not being heard on phone calls, and the system not being able to register voice commands.

Turns out Hyundai had already figured out the bug through internal testing and customer complaints.
The service engineer told me that they now have a new update for the AVNT interface and he would be updating it to the latest version through an external USB drive. The update took around 10 minutes.
Do make sure you ask the service engineer to do the same!

Also, I saw the engineer access something called 'Engineering mode'

He accessed this by clicking certain points on the screen in a cheat-code like fashion and the Engineering Mode interface opened. Unfortunately I couldn't probe too much as I was already on an office call and the engineer later got busy with another car. I'm going to read up more on this as it'll be interesting to see what more I can get access to!

I also asked if there was a software update for the DCT. They apparently haven't received any updates yet.

In addition to the above two points, I also ended up buying extended 4th and 5th year warranty limited to 1,00,000km at Rs. 12,343.
There were also options to increase the mileage cap to 1,20,000 and 1,40,000km which cost ~13,500 and ~14,900 respectively.
You might want to opt for the higher Kilometer options if you think your running is on the higher side.

Otherwise, nothing significant to report here. This may not be the ideal driver's car, but I still find myself snatching the keys almost every late-night to take it for a spin!
KaranP is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 09:08   #920
BHPian

Same problem with me too.

But the steering is pointed to the left a bit, will be addressing it at the first service. The MIC issue is addressed via an update.

Did you change the oil post 1st service?
my mileage is around 8.5 km/Litre in the city, will have my 1st highway run tomorrow. What is the mileage you are able to draw?

overall a pleasure to drive the DCT in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Just got done with the first free service - at 1411km and close to 2 months of ownership.

I primarily had two issues which needed rectification -

1. Steering wheel pointed to the right by a few degrees, while driving straight. To compensate for this, wheel alignment was done and the Toe angle for both wheels was moved to the right.

2. The inbuilt microphone routinely malfunctioned, resulting in my voice not being heard on phone calls, and the system not being able to register voice commands.

Turns out Hyundai had already figured out the bug through internal testing and customer complaints.
The service engineer told me that they now have a new update for the AVNT interface and he would be updating it to the latest version through an external USB drive. The update took around 10 minutes.
Do make sure you ask the service engineer to do the same!

Also, I saw the engineer access something called 'Engineering mode'

He accessed this by clicking certain points on the screen in a cheat-code like fashion and the Engineering Mode interface opened. Unfortunately I couldn't probe too much as I was already on an office call and the engineer later got busy with another car. I'm going to read up more on this as it'll be interesting to see what more I can get access to!

I also asked if there was a software update for the DCT. They apparently haven't received any updates yet.

In addition to the above two points, I also ended up buying extended 4th and 5th year warranty limited to 1,00,000km at Rs. 12,343.
There were also options to increase the mileage cap to 1,20,000 and 1,40,000km which cost ~13,500 and ~14,900 respectively.
You might want to opt for the higher Kilometer options if you think your running is on the higher side.

Otherwise, nothing significant to report here. This may not be the ideal driver's car, but I still find myself snatching the keys almost every late-night to take it for a spin!
Old 24th July 2019, 09:20   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post

Did you change the oil post 1st service?
my mileage is around 8.5 km/Litre in the city, will have my 1st highway run tomorrow. What is the mileage you are able to draw?
I don't think the oil was changed in the first service.
Also, I tend to have a heavier foot while driving, so I see anything between 6.5 to 8.5 km/l in the city. Highway figures however, are good. You can expect 15-16 km/l.
KaranP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 12:24   #922
BHPian

Even I just got my first service done yesterday. It was basically more checking & cleaning than anything else.
Even I had faced the Mic mute issue during the first 2 days of delivery. The SA took the car to the Hyundai regional office and came back with a permanent fix. It was a software bug and apparently many of the initial owners had faced them and Hyundai quickly fixed them.
My mileage with a light foot in city crawling traffic is around 8.5 to 9.5 kmpl. The DCT is just fabulous especially when u drive spiritedly. I really wish the steering had reach adjustment as well, not able to get the perfect seat position.
deepjaju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 20:12   #923
Distinguished - BHPian

Took a test drive of Venue DCT. Lovely DCT - seamless and fast shifting in D as well as in M - pretty much like the DSG in my GTI. The shifts in M mode are really quick, no lag at all. Paddles would have really added to the joy. And no gear hunting at all even at low speeds and in stop and go situations . Engine pulls more than decently for a 1L engine - we were 5 on board. Turbo and direct injection . At very high speeds it may become audible being a very small engine but it sounds healthy. Steering is also nice, no vagueness of the i10/i20/verna steering. Well done Hyundai.

BTW, it's a pretty compact vehicle, like Polo.

If the same DCT will be in Seltos then it will be even more fun with the 1.4 turbo GDI engine. Looking forward to driving that combo soon.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 24th July 2019 at 20:26.
anandpadhye is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 21:58   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Hyundai Venue White SX+ DCT
Dealer: Arsh Hyundai

Attachment 1897730

Just sharing a nasty surprise found beneath the ribbon today, a small but deep gash . Family had checked the whole car before delivery and who could have imagined this.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190724_215032.jpg
liberal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 22:41   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Took a test drive of Venue DCT. Lovely DCT - seamless and fast shifting in D as well as in M - pretty much like the DSG in my GTI. The shifts in M mode are really quick, no lag at all. Paddles would have really added to the joy. And no gear hunting at all even at low speeds and in stop and go situations . Engine pulls more than decently for a 1L engine - we were 5 on board. Turbo and direct injection . At very high speeds it may become audible being a very small engine but it sounds healthy. Steering is also nice, no vagueness of the i10/i20/verna steering. Well done Hyundai.

BTW, it's a pretty compact vehicle, like Polo.

If the same DCT will be in Seltos then it will be even more fun with the 1.4 turbo GDI engine. Looking forward to driving that combo soon.
A very honest review!
We felt the very same after driving GT TSI and Venue DCT back to back. After extensive drive with Venue, GT TSI and Ecosport AT, we found Venue very modern, practical, easy to drive within the city and with an interesting gearbox, which is capable of handling fully loaded, all seats occupied with adults, very well. No breathing troubles realised.
Speaking about the lack of rear seat knee space seems negligible to us. It was not that bad too, in fact bit exaggerated.

It’s a winner by any means. We had to ignore the negative reviews and go ahead, book one!
agbenny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 09:33   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Just sharing a nasty surprise found beneath the ribbon today, a small but deep gash . Family had checked the whole car before delivery and who could have imagined this.

Attachment 1898444
Congratulations on the car, but this is definitely a nasty surprise!
I hope you took the car back to the dealership to work something out. Do let us know what happens.

Also, while we were taking delivery of our Venue, there was another one also getting delivered. While the couple was posing in front of the car with the key, a crow flew overhead and threw a stone right on the bonnet, causing quite a significant dent!! I could see their faces of disbelief!
Obviously one couldn't hold the dealership accountable for that incident, but strange nonetheless.
Old 25th July 2019, 10:05   #927
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Well done Hyundai.
High praise coming from a GTI + 330i driver .

Shows just how the 'tiny' turbo-charged 1.0, 1.2, 1.4s are taking over the market slowly but surely. We need to 'thank' the VAG 1.2 TSi & the Ford 1.0 EcoBoost for converting the hearts and minds if even Indian enthusiasts.
itwasntme is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 10:28   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Congratulations on the car, but this is definitely a nasty surprise!
I hope you took the car back to the dealership to work something out. Do let us know what happens.

Also, while we were taking delivery of our Venue, there was another one also getting delivered. While the couple was posing in front of the car with the key, a crow flew overhead and threw a stone right on the bonnet, causing quite a significant dent!! I could see their faces of disbelief!
Obviously one couldn't hold the dealership accountable for that incident, but strange nonetheless.

Awww... that was real bad luck. In my case the dealer is sending someone to check the car, however this dent could have happened post delivery period during my drive. I just want to inform all so they may check around the ribbons also during delivery. I had done PDI before registration and at that time the car checked out all fine, therefore I was not so vigilant during the delivery checks.
liberal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 13:56   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
A very honest review!
We felt the very same after driving GT TSI and Venue DCT back to back. .

It’s a winner by any means. We had to ignore the negative reviews and go ahead, book one!
Truly a good vehicle. Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
High praise coming from a GTI + 330i driver .

Shows just how the 'tiny' turbo-charged 1.0, 1.2, 1.4s are taking over the market slowly but surely. We need to 'thank' the VAG 1.2 TSi & the Ford 1.0 EcoBoost for converting the hearts and minds if even Indian enthusiasts.
Yes, it's a pleasure to see good engine and gearbox combos in mass market cars. Tata's 1.2 Revotron that came in the Zest was a also a good engine. Sadly, they don't have any dual clutch yet.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 18:40   #930
mxx
BHPian

Where can I find the pics of S DCT version?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks