Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-65.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsashishsharma (Post 4630301)
... puny 1.0 turbo + DCT.
The low end torque of the Hyundai's 1.0 is poor which is even more pronounced with an AT gearbox. The DCT is not as good as the VW's DSG in every term.

Puny is the word! I test drove the Venue DCT and was not at all impressed with the power and pickup. The start off was fine but there is no way you can ever get ahead with this engine and transmission combination. You can ONLY drive it sedately at all times. Once the car starts moving, pickup and progress is very slow in my opinion.

We can't compare this DCT with the DSG from VW. It's in a different league altogether although both use a dual clutch system. DSG is by far the best I have experienced although even on latest VW Polo threads BHPians have reported failures with the DQ200 transmission. It remains to be seen how reliable the Hyundai DCTs are going to be.

With all its mentioned short comings - be it the size (lack thereof?), small non exciting engines or whatever. Hyundai as often, got market readings right. They read the pulse of the market the best and made a car that gives all the bells and whistles that people currently are looking for. They also got the auto magazines to give it sharply positive review ratings. (Funniest was OD where Mr. Paradkar said 'even with its sub par power train the Venue is still the best car in this segment'. OD should stop calling itself an auto mag with this line.) The pricing is certainly aggressive & they could have achieved these numbers even with slightly higher pricing IMO. Guess they just went all out to kill the Brezza once and for all. No surprise if the prices go up quickly over the next 2-3 quarters and then the volumes settle down stable below the Brezza again.

Its a remarkable and jaw dropping number of bookings for what is not essentially a cheap car to purchase by any means. That in what is pretty much a slow-down in the sector makes it even more remarkable.

Well done Hyundai. Once the hype of the new car settles, it will be worth seeing how it continues. I for one, don't think this car will age as well as the Brezza/EcoSport/Nexon. Its the one at the highest risk of losing its shine (not the actual colour shine!) faster than peers with time. Just my opinion.

Quote:

EcoSport's 1.5 NA petrol + a proper TC automatic is much better than Venue's punny 1.0 turbo + DCT.
The low end torque of the Hyundai's 1.0 is poor which is even more pronounced with an AT gearbox. The DCT is not as good as the VW's DSG in every term. EcoSport AT is still the best in this segment. Downsizing with a turbo doesn't go well with ATs basically.

Technology is the new game changer. The Ford DCT experience was below par for both Ecosport as well as Aspire customers. The company never admitted the issues with DCT and silently removed it from lineup.

In present day - if you don't own up to your mistakes, customer exercise other options and leave the brand. More so, the 1.5 NA + TC combination is not that fuel efficient leave aside the bling that Venue offers. I have driven it and can say it with conviction that though it is better than the previous iteration yet it is still not up to the mark.

Hyundai has done extremely well with Venue and it shows. Despite its shortcomings (read rear bench and space) the product is well received and the credit goes to the long list of features and VFM pricing (variant to variant for both diesel and petrol).

Really hope they get a DCT variant between S and SX+. That would really make the numbers hit the roof.

Can we have the team-bhp official review please? Its long due now. please:

Quote:

EcoSport's 1.5 NA petrol + a proper TC automatic is much better than Venue's punny 1.0 turbo + DCT.
The low end torque of the Hyundai's 1.0 is poor which is even more pronounced with an AT gearbox. The DCT is not as good as the VW's DSG in every term. EcoSport AT is still the best in this segment. Downsizing with a turbo doesn't go well with ATs basically.

Well.. According to following article, Venue AT is the better buy. Also the acceleration figures is much better than the Ecosport AT.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-com...parison-413601

Someone a few parking spots over from mine has the DCT. I was surprised by the amount of engine noise at idle, given how silent Hyundais usually are (even their small 3-pot diesels) compared to their contemporaries. Anomaly or is NVH actually an issue on the Venue?

Thanks to Vineet Verma for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

I purchased a Hyundai Venue 1.0 GDI SX(O) on 4th July 2019. In a few days, I noticed water inside the passenger side fog lamp. When I contacted Hyundai service, they promptly took up the matter, opened the bumper, removed the fog lamp and air dried all the parts. No less than 2 to 3 ml of water was removed. Returned home and the very next day, I again noticed the same type of condensation. The point is that here in Kota, Rajasthan, it is not raining heavily and if rain is the cause, then why only one fog lamp is being affected repeatedly?

Thanks
Vineet.

Few pictures are attached herewith.
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190731_074154.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190731_074201.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190731_074224.jpg

Quote:

I was firm on Venue SX+ DT MT based on the Pricing.
But got a good deal on Ecosport Titanium + MT and decided to spend 70K more for the 6 airbags and rear wiper mainly. Other smaller things like full size spare, 4 parking sensors, 40-60 rear seats also helped.
I almost cancelled booking after Ford raised the prices this July :Frustrati and was ready to go for Venue. Good sense prevailed and dealer agreed to continue with the same onroad price with additional discounts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackwasp (Post 4630458)
Thanks to Vineet Verma for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Drying a lamp and reinstalling it when evidently its not sealed is not something one expects from a perceived premium brand like Hyundai. It needs to be replaced under warranty without argument for faulty part. I'm surprised the owner actually accepted air-drying as a fix in first place. The discussion should have started and ended with replacement as the only option & action.

I heard there have been rains in Kota off late that are more than normal. Also - this is moisture condensation. So caused by humid air with the car parked in a cooler place. Quite a normal thing really even for the location in this season. And such one offs are bound to happen. Whats unacceptable is the really childish fix provided by Hyundai service!

Quote:

I have tried both. Both are imperfect in some way or the other. :uncontrol

Ecosport is fine at low speeds etc, however, try some spirited driving and it doesn't take long to realize that there isn't much real punch out there.

The reverse happens in the Venue. Lethargic initial responses, but strong punch thereafter.

In the end, it boils down to personal choice.

Thanks to Anand Munnolli for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

Hi team,

I have a Hyundai Venue 1.0L Turbo GDI bought on 8th June. It is an SX Dual tone variant with a manual transmission.

I have been facing a peculiar issue with engine noise and have shown it to the Hyundai folks. They assured me that it is normal with a 1-litre, 3-cylinder engine.

I have uploaded a video on YouTube seeking help. Is anyone else facing a similar issue?

Can you help?

Thanks and regards,

Anand Munnolli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN_y...ature=youtu.be

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4630848)
Thanks to Anand Munnolli for sending this video in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts [url="https://www.team-bhp.com/contactus/share"]this Team-BHP page

Wonder what the service centre guys are high on. This is not normal noise at all. It sounds more like a misfiring sort of noise which could happen due to a number of reasons. However, my hunch is that it might be an injector issue since it sounds quite gravelly.

Is there any loss of power or hesitancy in starting and is this issue seen only on cold starts? Have you tried using petrol from another bunk and has it made a difference?

Hi vishy,

Anand has sent a reply to your comments.

Quote:

This harsh noise comes during cold start and when the engine temperature reaches operating level (middle of the temperature gauge), the noise reduces drastically. However, upon mildly revving, as seen in the video, you will hear metal to metal vibrating noise - kind of a chirping noise. This noise, the service guys say is common, but I'm not able to believe it. So I'm seeking help of others owners too.

Yes, there is occasional power loss, especially when the AC is switched on and I'm upshifting from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 5th gears. It feels like the accelerator pedal is just free to move and the engine feels as if freely moving with no vibrations. It lasts for 1-2 seconds. After that, it feels jerky. However, I'm trying to replicate the scenario and am not able to simulate it (iro a test engineer by profession). This noise is not heard while driving, may be due to other road sounds. If other owners can also share their observations, it will help to further pursue the matter with Hyundai.

Thanks and regards,

Anand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4631526)
Hi vishy.

@Aditya/ @GTO: When are we getting the official Venue review from Team BHP? It's been 3 months now!! Come on team, we need this now!please:
Also, please review the 1L DCT SX+ clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis (Post 4631687)
@Aditya/ @GTO: When are we getting the official Venue review from Team BHP? It's been 3 months now!! Come on team, we need this now!please:
Also, please review the 1L DCT SX+ clap:

Can't agree more. We need this now please ! By popular demand 😄