Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-69.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbaron91 (Post 4636344)
Is the size difference because of having the spare as "space saver".

Hope you have not seen the space saver tyre in a Skoda Octavia VRS. It’s a 125 section tyre if I remember correctly. This is completely normal and this is the new fashion ‘space saver’ (cost saver). It would be also fine to have different branded tires, but your friend got a better brand as the space saver tire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 4636550)
Thanks AYP. The S comes both in 1.2 and 1.0 turbo.
I have decided on 1.0 Turbo. I didn’t go for 1.2 because of the same sluggish reason that my friends told me and also the mileage on Venue 1.2 is 8 KMs/L.

My other worry is will new restriction on Diesel engines affect existing cars?.

Oh, since I haven't driven the 1.0 Turbo, can't really say which engine is superior, but the 1.4 diesel in itself is a very capable engine. The mileage would be much better than both the 1.2 and the 1.0.

As far as the future of diesel is concerned, well I would personally not think about it much unless you are in Delhi(which you are not). But yes, even then, it is calculated decision which you have to take.

Has anyone tweaked/touched the entertainment part of this vehicle?
Speaker performance & upgrades if any?

TIA

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbaron91 (Post 4636344)
This was observed in my friend's Venue.
The car was having Ceat branded tyres (215 R16), but the spare tyre was Alnac 4G (195 R15) with steel rims.
Is the size difference because of having the spare as "space saver". Never seen the concept of space saver in budget segment before. Please correct me if am wrong.

Quite rare to see a vehicle with CEAT stock tyres in OEM setup now a days. Cool.

As for the spare tyre - its not a "space saver" tyre at all. Its purely a money saver & SHAME ON HYUNDAI for this!

Since last ~10 years we have been seeing spare tyres being of a smaller rim size but at least with same patch size and corresponding profile to ensure the overall wheel specs remain in tandem with the other tyres.

This spare setup you mentioned has smaller patch, smaller rim also. You haven't mentioned the profile, so not sure of the overall wheel diameter.

The real space saver tyres are really slim. They are for rare worst case scenario in truly developed countries where roads are better and help is always nearby. They actually are so slim that they free up a lot of space & help giving more options in car design etc. They are so disproportionatly slim that there is a large warning that mentions that the car shouldn't be driven above 60kmph (or similar) when that tyre is installed & it is to be used only to reach the nearest service point to go back to normal tyre setup.

Those space savers are absolutely useless in India as we have poor roads and irregular availability of road side assistance for such fixes.

I'm really disappointed that Hyundai went to this level. :Frustrati. Never thought they'd stoop below certain marks.

Will all the Venue owners (urban-semi urban-rural-remote) know for sure that they are not supposed to continue driving on the spare tyre after change? Will they realize that they are driving on asymmetric tyres on 4 corners? I don't think our market has reached that maturity and its an unnecessary & premature step from Hyundai. Its understandable if it was in a Tucson - which is a costly car, lesser customers and possible to educate all of them. Venue is a mass market volume car selling in thousands! How to keep all people informed regularly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ananthang (Post 4636534)
Hello,

Looking for few suggestions here. I drive about 1200 KM per month. I have almost finalized on Venue S which is my budget plus 2 lakhs :D.

Please help. Thanks.

Tbh, the 1.4 is not something thay you'd particularly enjoy driving. It's very refined but power delivery is linear, even the Brezza has similar output but it has a sort of turbo kick after the lag.

Ofcourse, if your priority is a smooth, refined engine that is very reliable, then no probs. It's not a slouch and is more than enough for daily commutes, but just not on the level of competition.

If you want a fun to drive diesel compact SUV I suggest you look elsewhere. EcoSport TDCi and Nexon diesel both are pretty strong. So is the xuv300, but if it fits in your budget, that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4636720)
Since last ~10 years we have been seeing spare tyres being of a smaller rim size but at least with same patch size and corresponding profile to ensure the overall wheel specs remain in tandem with the other tyres.

The reason is that smaller cars have now started getting bigger tyres, and these bigger tyres do not necessarily fit in the wheel rims in the boot. Another reason is that a bigger tyre weighs more, which can reduce fuel efficiency and performance.

Along with that, a spare tyre is supposed to be a 'spare'. You can do 4 wheel rotation and still maintain the tyres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya_Bhp (Post 4636734)
The reason is that smaller cars have now started getting bigger tyres, and these bigger tyres do not necessarily fit in the wheel rims in the boot. Another reason is that a bigger tyre weighs more, which can reduce fuel efficiency and performance.

Along with that, a spare tyre is supposed to be a 'spare'. You can do 4 wheel rotation and still maintain the tyres.

As rightly said, it more of a “cost saver” than a “space saver”. In premium segments, because of packaging constraints (due to exhaust related parts), usually spare tyre is kept on the carpet of the boot, rather than on BIW floor. Currently I don’t see that reason for Venue, but may be for future (with BS VI kicking in) & for export reasons, they might have done this.
I’m yet to check whether the so called “spare tyre” in venue has proper safety labelling related to maximum speed limit with which it can driven, else it is completely a wrong decision from Hyundai.

Also, I came to understand from my friend that, he has observed some kind of rattling/metal clinging noise from the rear seat (towards right side). Has any other Venue owner observed the same?

Quote:

Also, I came to understand from my friend that, he has observed some kind of rattling/metal clinging noise from the rear seat (towards right side). Has any other Venue owner observed the same?
It might be the toolkit in the boot, I had a similar noise while going over the bumps right after I had moved the toolkit outside of the spare tyre rim.

Thanks to Gautam Jain for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

Just like VAG DQ200 DSG GB, even the Hyundai Venue's DCT seems to get hot due to frequent gear changes.

As per the owner, the error popped up in his 25 km drive.
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue-1.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue-2.jpg

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiragM (Post 4637413)
Thanks to Gautam Jain for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Attachment 1904783

Attachment 1904784

Source

This often happens in my friends Skoda Superb while in heavy traffic. He parks the car on side for about 10 minutes and then everything is normal. According to Skoda it's a fail-safe warning to avoid gearbox damage.

So my quest for a new car continued this week and though I had nearly finalized the Venue, I decided to try the Ford EcoSport once. Finally managed to get a TD AT vehicle from Ford after over a month.
The model was 2017 1.5L Petrol Titanium+ AT one with Sync3.

-To begin with, the dragon 1.5L Petrol engine is just wow! Compared to Venue it is livelier and has better power

-Handling traffic is really easy too. The engine works like a charm in low RPMs

-Build quality is solid! Dunno if this is a mind block, but I somehow feel Ford's build quality is better than Hyundai. The doors, plastics feel better
-No sunroof, but I doubt if I'll use the one in Venue either. Of course additional light is welcome and it does make the cabin feel better
-The gear changes were pretty evident when I gave the accelerator a sudden push. This wasn't there in Venue AT
-There wasn't any grunt from the 1.5L engine compared to a perceptible one from Venue
-The rear profile of EcoSport is really good compared to Venue which can be mistaken for a smaller hatch from the rear
-The entire handling of the car was good. I'll have to TD the Venue again to compare
-The rear seating space is decent and pretty much the same in Venue and EcoSport

Overall, a great driving experience. EcoSport for sure is a really good car.clap: No idea why TPMS, Sync3 are missing. Missus loved the ride and left the final decision on me.
Really confused between EcoSport and Venue now.
What works for EcoSport is that it is a tried and tested product with a proven performance and sold history. That said, Ford's future and EcoSport's as well (with dwindling numbers each month) doesn't generate confidence.

What works for Venue is Hyundai's guarantee and offering from Hyundai are pretty good. These engine heating up, leaks from sunroof, etc. aren't confidence inspiring though.

Confusion level= max

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis (Post 4637680)
Overall, a great driving experience. EcoSport for sure is a really good car.clap:

Confusion level= max

This is it really. Get a car that pulls the strings of your heart. Its the Ecosport in your case. Go for it.

Its a rock solid and proven reliable car so no need to worry. Ford is here to stay even if perhaps in partnership with M&M. It has a large manufacturing base in India and expots the Ecosport from here too. So there is hardly a reason for the worries you mentioned. Those apply to any auto maker right now in fact.

Good luck mate! Take the plunge :D.

Quote:

Attachment 1904783

Attachment 1904784

Source

Very surprised to see this on a brand new car with all-new engines / transmission combos, and that too when the exterior temperature is only 29 C.

Was the owner on a 25 km long continuous climb up somewhere? I really hope so, else what is going to happen to zillions of Venues next summer when it hits 40+? Are they all going to park periodically and wait to cool their DCTs? :D

I for once have never seen this in my 3.5 years/50K Km run Octavia i B2B traffic in Garden(less) City .

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4637809)
Very surprised to see this on a brand new car with all-new engines / transmission combos, and that too when the exterior temperature is only 29 C.

Was the owner on a 25 km long continuous climb up somewhere? I really hope so, else what is going to happen to zillions of Venues next summer when it hits 40+? Are they all going to park periodically and wait to cool their DCTs? :D

I for once have never seen this in my 3.5 years/50K Km run Octavia i B2B traffic in Garden(less) City .

Well, I dont know about the Venue but VW has mentioned this scenario in the Polo GT TSI's owner manual. I for one, always put my Polo in N at traffic signals and even in bumper to bumper traffic whenever the need arises. I never keep it in D with my foot on the brake pedal. I checked out this Venue post on Facebook and interacted with this gentleman there. He didnt seem to have a clue about this.

Quote:

A couple of weeks back, I too almost got this warning.

I was on my way back home and got stuck in some really bad traffic for close to two hours. As I've read up on the inherent downsides of a dual clutch gearbox, I switched to the 'Transmission temperature' mode when I was an hour into the jam.

I was driving the car as I would drive a regular torque converter automatic in bumper to bumper traffic - where you don't really care if you let the car creep for long durations without fully releasing the brake. However, the transmission temperature guage gradually climbed to a level which was just below the trigger point. If I would have continued driving in the same manner for even a minute more, the same warning would have definitely triggered.

As soon as I realized this, I started waiting for a significant gap in the traffic to open up, and only then released the brake. This allowed clutch to fully engage till the gap in traffic was closed. The objective here, and in general driving too, is to reduce the time where the clutch is partially engaged (slipping). This reduces the likelihood of an overheated gearbox.

Thus in the Venue DCT, try not to feather the brake while driving the car between 1 to ~ 5kph. The D1 gear only fully engages after this speed.

Also, (at least in the Hyundai DCT) another thing to note is that shifting to N while stationary doesn't help. Even holding the car on the brakes in D disengages the clutch and behaves just like Neutral. The clutch however does go into stand-by mode in these two scenarios:

1. Pressing throttle and brake at the same time
2. Holding the car stationary in D with the handbrake

Hope this helps!