Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-71.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 4640165)
Further to the problems reported in this post, Anand Munnolli has an update.

Attachment 1906159

Attachment 1906160

I'm surprised seeing this. That too in the manual variant. In a thread where majority of concerns were focusing on the reliability/issues with the DCT gearbox, the injector issue takes this to a whole different level. We however can't generalise this as there could be one in a few products which are a manufacturing defect.
That said, paying upwards of a million rupees for a car like this does hurt this owner and I feel bad for him.
Now that it's been 3 months since launch, this would be a great time to share experiences and reviews of run - ins.
We'd really like BHPians such as Karan, Jeet and other fellow owners to share their views at 2.5-3k kms post the first service.
Also Mods, we're eagerly looking forward to a written review of the Venue and Hector! The video review by Karan on the Venue was very truthful and unbiased. clap:

With the concerns and issues with Hyundai's DCT and AMT, I am wondering whether Hyundai rushed with the launches without testing these new transmissions adequately for Indian traffic conditions.

I hope these are very exceptional cases. And I really really hope Hyundai gets these right as our market desperately needs more reliable implementations of both these automated transmissions.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4634987)
Can anyone who owns Venue 1.0 Turbo Petrol Manual throw some light on real world mileage and provide some feedback on driving dynamics of 3 cylinder motor with MT?

I own the SX MT Petrol Venue and have loved the experience since I got its delivery about 2 and a half weeks ago. With the odometer at 147 we went on a drive to Jaipur last weekend - family of four adults and a child. The vehicle did not break a sweat and I completed the 240 km drive without a break in about 3 and a half hours flat :Cheering: The mileage on completing the round trip 2 days later showed 19.6 - this was on the MID - I am yet to do a tank full mileage measurement method since the first full tank has not yet emptied. The return trip had a couple of breaks so perhaps could have lowered the mileage. I drove sedately most of the time with varying speeds to ensure engine break-in as my car was within 1000 kilometers. The best part was that there was absolutely no fatigue whatsoever in both the journey legs. While returning, we passed though a torrential downpour patch and the front wipers, rear defogger and large ORVM saw us through (the rear wiper was not missed much).

I also did not find any lag when shifting gears due to sudden obstacles and the high GC was a savior on some internal roads. One large speed breaker though was nasty as I misjudged its height and the delayed slowing seemed to touch the underbody.

Overall the driving dynamics are par excellent in my limited experience of both city and highway driving (about 80% highway courtesy the Jaipur trip). Here's a pic taken during one of our stops on the return leg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_0391.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarStruck (Post 4640551)
The mileage on completing the round trip 2 days later showed 19.6 - this was on the MID - I am yet to do a tank full mileage measurement method since the first full tank has not yet emptied. The return trip had a couple of breaks so perhaps could have lowered the mileage. I drove sedately most of the time with varying speeds to ensure engine break-in as my car was within 1000 kilometers.

Overall the driving dynamics are par excellent in my limited experience of both city and highway driving (about 80% highway courtesy the Jaipur trip). Here's a pic taken during one of our stops on the return leg

Congratulations on your purchase. 19.6 is just amazing. clap: Please do update the figures of tankful method. Also, if you can share the FE figures in city usage, once you complete reasonable kms.

How is the turbo lag on manual? None of the showrooms in Gurgaon has manual for TD.
SA asked me to TD DCT in manual mode and book the car. :uncontrol

Did you TD the manual before buying? Which showroom did you buy it from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4640571)
Congratulations on your purchase. 19.6 is just amazing. clap: Please do update the figures of tankful method. Also, if you can share the FE figures in city usage, once you complete reasonable kms. ?

Thank you so much for your warm wishes...really appreciate it. Yes sure. I will let you know but it may take time as I do not have much travel in the city. I walk to office on most days as I am blessed to be staying across the road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_goyal (Post 4640571)
How is the turbo lag on manual? None of the showrooms in Gurgaon has manual for TD.
SA asked me to TD DCT in manual mode and book the car. :uncontrol

Did you TD the manual before buying? Which showroom did you buy it from?

I have not felt the turbo lag much till now. Yes, that's true, none of Gurgaon showrooms have a manual petrol - this is weird and I had pointed it in my post #495 earlier here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4594414. The SA asked me the same. I TD both the options available at 2 different showrooms on consecutive days and based on the experience went ahead with the booking - my experience of the TDs is mentioned in post # 503 on this thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4594593.

After visiting the 2 showrooms (I had queried on phone with all the Gurgaon showrooms and obtained their respective price list), I selected Himgiri on Golf Course Road for 2 reasons - (i) its pricing and break-up was the lowest among all the others; (ii) it was very close to my residence (which proved a blessing at the time of delivery).

I had a horrible experience with Himgiri though and I regretted my decision from the period of booking till delivery - here is my post # 791 on the issue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4606356. It did redeem somewhat during delivery, which was a good experience.

Since you are in Gurgaon and if you like, I will be happy to meet you and you can take a TD on my car :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarStruck (Post 4640645)
I walk to office on most days as I am blessed to be staying across the road.

You are indeed blessed. :)

Quote:

I have not felt the turbo lag much till now. Yes, that's true, none of Gurgaon showrooms have a manual petrol - this is weird and I had pointed it in my post #495 earlier here (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4594414. The SA asked me the same. I TD both the options available at 2 different showrooms on consecutive days and based on the experience went ahead with the booking - my experience of the TDs is mentioned in post # 503 on this thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4594593.
Thank you this was very helpful.

Quote:

I had a horrible experience with Himgiri though and I regretted my decision from the period of booking till delivery - here is my post # 791 on the issue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4606356. It did redeem somewhat during delivery, which was a good experience.
My wife has booked Grand i10 Nios from Himgiri and I too found their price break up of Venue to be better than others. SAs are not well trained, when I asked about the extended warranty price on Venue, he just outrightly said the prices are not available at any dealership and you have ample time to buy extended warranty (within 3 years). I did some research and found the prices for extended warranty on Hyundai India's website.
Link - Hyundai India Extended Warranty

Sent the list on whatapp to the SA, he did not acknowledge it. How difficult can it be to be decent in your job?

Did you take the extended warranty? and were you able to get the handling charges waived?

How much did you pay OTR?

Sorry for bombarding you with so many questions and thank you again for your help.

Quote:

Since you are in Gurgaon and if you like, I will be happy to meet you and you can take a TD on my car :)
Would love to meet a fellow BHPian. I'll PM you.

So its been two months for my Venue and now very much used to it.

I tried doing an experiment (pretty sure other people might have thought of doing it too) regarding the BlueLink. I always wondered if its possible to remote start the car and drive away with it. I have heard many Bhpians sharing similar concern (paranoia :D) regarding the induction of so much tech in a car.

So this morning, I reached my apartment basement where my car is parked and I had forgotten to bring my keys. Till the keys were being brought down I had 4-5 minutes of time. So a wild thought occurred to me if I could just start the car remotely and drive away.

So I first opened up my bluelink app and then unlocked the car. It took a good 10 seconds for the car to unlock due to poor network connectivity in the basement. Then I sat inside the car and locked myself using the same remote app.

Waited for 2 minutes because the new command can be initiated till 2 min of the previous command is completed.

After 2 minutes I clicked on the Remote start on the app. After 10 seconds both the indicators blinked twice and then the transmission back light started and the AC also started at the set temperature.
The info screen was off and I couldn't switch it on even after pressing all buttons.
The power windows are also disabled during this time (this is a nice touch by Hyundai to think this through properly)
Moment of truth, I put my right foot on the brake and as I pressed the brake and unlocked my DCT from P mode, the ENGINE CUT OFF. As I got out after unlocking the car, immediately the alarm bells started going off. Quickly reached for the keys which was kept away from the car, unlocked the car and the alarms stopped.
So this weird idea which I wanted to try was complete. :D

Another thing which I have tried was trying to wheelspin or rev the car with the left foot on the brake and right foot on the accelerator. But it seems it doesn't work (ESP was off as well) in DCT's or may be Hyundai has blocked this. The car behaves like its trying to move forward whilst pressing the brake. The car doesn't rev freely at all. So, the car can't be launched.

Anyone knows the current waiting times of Venue Petrol, SX(O) in Bangalore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahilkhurana (Post 4641105)
Anyone knows the current waiting times of Venue Petrol, SX(O) in Bangalore?

Around a month to forty five days. All depends on the colors. Advaith Hyundai is trying to push a white and deep forest which is readily available, while I want Denim Blue. Will have to wait for 45 days atleast for this. (S DCT & SX+ DCT).
The engines are BS 4 at the moment.

Went to Sharayu Hyundai, Sanpada to check out the Venue. The move was to have a 'backup' in case the Seltos pricing is a shocker. I'm well aware that the Venue is a segment or so lower than the Seltos. It was purely a budgetary call.

Before I begin, my daily driver is a 2015 Verna 1.6 SX VTVT. I test drove the Venue SX(O) manual. My observations:

1. The Venue is very well put together. Interiors feel very classy and usability of the gear is very good.

2. Proportions of the car are perfect for the city.

3. The SX(O) variant is loaded with comfort and safety features. However, I feel the build of quality of the Venue is inferior to my 2015 Verna. The doors feel lighter and don't shut the same way.

4. I don't know why Hyundai deleted the auto wiper! It's one feature I use the most on my 2015 Verna in the Mumbai monsoons.

5. The sales person claimed the 1.0 Turbo engine makes 118 bhp, that's about 5-7 bhp lesser than my Verna. However, I feel it's a figure on paper than in the real world. My wife's petrol Baleno making 80-odd BHP feels faster. And my 1.6 Verna making 120+ horses feels like a sports car in comparison, despite being bigger and heavier.

6. I paid 12 lacs OTR for my Verna 1.6 SX VTVT in 2015. The SX(O) Venue retails at 12.7 lacs OTR. I can completely agree with the inflation, GST and other hikes. Yes, they've deleted auto wipers and a few others and added ESC, VSM, HAC, Bluelink and the floating touch screen. But still, the drastic difference in size, performance and VFM is indigestible!

OT: I'm in panic mode and unless the Seltos pricing is acceptable, I'll delay buying a new car for the next 6 to 12 months.

OT2: Seems like vehicles these days are offering 'connected' features but lacking in outright performance, useful features and build quality. And they're lighter built - felt that about the Seltos too.

OT3: Now might not be a right time to buy a new car. The slump in sales is an eye opener. Most automobile manufacturers are having 'No Production' days. From a showroom perspective, clearing old stock at a discount, even if it means Zero profitability is better than the stock going into negative cost. From a manufacturers perspective, give new features like 'connected car' but recover from lower build quality, deleted features and higher pricing. Indeed, a very wrong time to buy a new car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DueLLeR (Post 4642594)

5. The sales person claimed the 1.0 Turbo engine makes 118 bhp, that's about 5-7 bhp lesser than my Verna. However, I feel it's a figure on paper than in the real world. My wife's petrol Baleno making 80-odd BHP feels faster. And my 1.6 Verna making 120+ horses feels like a sports car in comparison, despite being bigger and heavier.

I'm surprised by this comment - maybe because the power extraction process is different in Venue. If you floor the accelerator, the kickdown puts it into the powerband and there is rapid progress ! Tested over 2 days and back to back with Creta and Verna AT's. The Venue 1.0 DCT is fast !
But the suspension is hard , ride skittish and less said about FE , the better. I keep wondering why the in theory engine downsizing in turbo petrols actually reduces FE instead of increasing it

Quote:

Originally Posted by JishD (Post 4642636)
I'm surprised by this comment - maybe because the power extraction process is different in Venue. If you floor the accelerator, the kickdown puts it into the powerband and there is rapid progress ! Tested over 2 days and back to back with Creta and Verna AT's. The Venue 1.0 DCT is fast !
But the suspension is hard , ride skittish and less said about FE , the better. I keep wondering why the in theory engine downsizing in turbo petrols actually reduces FE instead of increasing it

I test drove the manual transmission. Couldn't try the DCT as it was not available with my dealer. You may be right. In my Verna 1.6 SX VTVT, any depression of the throttle results in immediate power surge and increase in velocity. Not as much as how you'd feel in the diesels, but very noticeable. The Venue 1.0 turbo manual had ZERO response to sudden throttle inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by advenk999 (Post 4642483)
Around a month to forty five days. All depends on the colors. Advaith Hyundai is trying to push a white and deep forest which is readily available, while I want Denim Blue. Will have to wait for 45 days atleast for this. (S DCT & SX+ DCT).
The engines are BS 4 at the moment.

I am waiting for a Deep forest at Coimbatore for the last 60 days. What kind of delivery management this company has. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 4642647)
I am waiting for a Deep forest at Coimbatore for the last 60 days. What kind of delivery management this company has. :Frustrati

These Dealers are real jokers! No one has a clue on what is happening. They give such vague and ridiculous answers such as "Hyundai factory has run out of blue color paint Saar. We are taking orders but we are giving other colors first preference."
Further on deep forest, which the SA was interested in pushing, on my enquiry, he mentions that he got confused between Stardust gray and deep forest. That color too is out of stock apparently. I honestly had nothing to say to him! :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by advenk999 (Post 4642671)
These Dealers are real jokers! No one has a clue on what is happening. They give such vague and ridiculous answers such as "Hyundai factory has run out of blue color paint Saar. We are taking orders but we are giving other colors first preference."
Further on deep forest, which the SA was interested in pushing, on my enquiry, he mentions that he got confused between Stardust gray and deep forest. That color too is out of stock apparently. I honestly had nothing to say to him! :Frustrati

Here in CBE, the dealer said their order placement was rejected. And at another week, the option to select colors were closed. :-(