Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:12   #1066
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

I found the sunroof to be bit small to my liking, but seems 2 kids can enjoy the view out.

Saw below plastic-clad seats Venue driving the kids to school.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190823_100652.jpg

But, on a serious note, one should absolutely NOT do this risky behaviour while driving. With the Liberalization of sunroofs in newer cars, it would be better if some customer education also takes place regarding its use.
Moto$apien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 11:40   #1067
Distinguished - BHPian

A cousin of mine has bought a Venue 1.0L SX manual. Drove it over a very short distance in bumper to bumper as well as heavy traffic. Can't say much about the drive but was easy to drive in traffic. Did not feel even a bit of turbo lag and didn't stall it either. Was able to take it across a speed breaker in 2nd gear. Seats are good for a 5'6" person. But rear seats are for 2 adults only. Gear slots were perfect but it'll take little time to get used to the reverse gear. A few things I did not like were lifeless steering, poor reverse camera resolution especially at night and no rear wiper.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 14:44   #1068
BHPian

Alright I found this very odd thing in my Venue.
Firstly, in my old diesel ecosport my average fuel consumption was around 12 to 13 kmpl (considering I drive a lot in bumper to bumper traffic). So when I fill fuel say like 10L then my range increases by 130 odd km. So the car calculates the range based on the average fuel economy. I say this because I took my old ecosport on the highway one time and the range jumped from 130km to 200km because of obviously higher range in the highway.
Coming back to the Venue. I own a DCT turbo Petrol and I have not reset the average fuel economy from almost 200 km after I got the car. So for almost 1650 km my average consumption is 10.00 kmpl. This is shown in the first display just below the instant consumption bar. (Sorry I forgot to take picture of the same, will add later.)
So I noticed whenever I filled fuel in the car, the range is calculated based on a different reading and not the car's actual current economy like in my older car. I thought it was an error on my part but in subsequent fuel stops I noticed the same. The range is shown way above than the actual economy.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-fuel.jpg
Filled 11.88 L fuel

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-before-filling.jpg
This is the range as shown before filling the fuel

The following shows the range after filling the fuel
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-after-filling-2.jpg

See how the range jumped from 50km to 270km. So for 11.88L fuel for an increase in range by 220km the economy is 18.51 kmpl
This is blatantly inaccurate. This is almost as same as the ARAI calculated economy of 18.27kmpl. So what happens is the range shows 270km, but my actual fuel economy is only 10kmpl which translates to 118km of actual driving range.

If you notice for almost every 3 or 4 km of driving the range drops by 8 to 10km. This is just plain stupid and irritating because it is practically impossible for anyone to achieve ARAI economy. So the car always shows WRONG RANGE.

I raised this issue to Hyundai via the website and they transferred my issue to the nearby service adviser from where I got the car. He also confirmed that the system calculates by ARAI economy.

Is this a rule or something and do other new cars also do the same ?

The problem I'm trying to point out here is
1.) The car's range will always be wrong.
2.) You will for sure get lesser range in real world driving than shown.
3.) It is a gimmick by Hyundai to show your car is very efficient because the range just pops so high.
4.) I find this borderline unethical.

May be other manufacturers are doing the same too. It seems its more form over function these days.

Last edited by deepjaju : 24th August 2019 at 14:45.
deepjaju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 16:37   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post

3.) It is a gimmick by Hyundai to show your car is very efficient because the range just pops so high.

May be other manufacturers are doing the same too. It seems its more form over function these days.
In my experience this is very true with the city, amaze,xuv 500. The range shown is purely for highway driving. It's impossible to cover the range shown when fuelled up.
Old 24th August 2019, 17:35   #1070
BHPian

Slightly OT and staying with the DTE related issue discussed above. It needs to be recalled that Hyundai used to make a big fuss till recently about this feature saying that the technology is not reliable and hence they don't want to introduce it. I have had this in my non-Hyundai cars since the times of first gen Figo. All the readings in whichever of my cars had this feature, have been more or less reliable. They always used to calculate the range based on the "Current Average value" and would be fairly accurate.

Last edited by octane_100 : 24th August 2019 at 17:36. Reason: Fixed grammar
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 17:57   #1071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Is this a rule or something and do other new cars also do the same ?

I drive a Nexon diesel. In my case the range is fairly accurate. In fact is shows 50km lesser than the actual range maybe owing to safety reasons.
The range shows different every time depending on the last FE. What I have noticed is it take the FE of last 50km or so to show range. So when I tank up the range has shown from 590km to 800km depending on the last FE. The range drops of a cliff if there is too much idling
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2019, 19:31   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
These Dealers are real jokers! No one has a clue on what is happening. They give such vague and ridiculous answers such as "Hyundai factory has run out of blue color paint Saar. We are taking orders but we are giving other colors first preference."
Further on deep forest, which the SA was interested in pushing, on my enquiry, he mentions that he got confused between Stardust gray and deep forest. That color too is out of stock apparently. I honestly had nothing to say to him!

This might indeed be true. When I recently enquired about 1L SX MT i was told that I can get it in blue within a week but white will take upto 4 weeks. Apparently sometime back they didn't have it in blue at all but now they have too many cars in blue.
Old 25th August 2019, 09:01   #1073
BHPian

If you notice for almost every 3 or 4 km of driving the range drops by 8 to 10km. This is just plain stupid and irritating because it is practically impossible for anyone to achieve ARAI economy. So the car always shows WRONG RANGE.

Well in most cars, the initial reading after filling fuel is exaggerated. But these readings look like tentative highway ranges and I'll tell you how.
My swift petrol has a tank capacity of 42L. When I fill up tankful, I get a range of 600Kms as the MID DTE reading.
This translates to an avg of 15Kmpl.

However, that doesn't translate to the actual range especially in the city. My tank gets depleted by 440-450kms with balance on reserve. I never have the habit of reserve running, I fill before the reserve light turns on. This translates to just 11-11.5Kmpl or Max 12Kmpl if I'm lucky.

The highway range though does reach the 600kms mark and sometimes even 670-680kms. It has gone upto 740Kms!! That is 18.5Kmpl, exactly the ARAI reading of my 2012 Swifty.

So yes, I guess it is calculated based on an ARAI calibration, which could be a standard which most manufacturers are asked to follow.

Bottom line, you have nothing to worry about. Run on tankful to tankful and take your readings. Use the fuelio app. Pretty helpful. Recommended by some of the BHPians here and I like it.

At least you have DTE in the Venue. My dad's Creta does not even have it!
Old 25th August 2019, 09:43   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
At least you have DTE in the Venue. My dad's Creta does not even have it!
Facelift Creta has DTE. The old version didn't come with DTE.
Old 25th August 2019, 09:49   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Facelift Creta has DTE. The old version didn't come with DTE.
Oh yes, you are correct sir. We have a 2016 version. Think the facelift was around 2017 mid if I'm not wrong.
DTE is definitely a requirement. The Pre facelift one misses this out and cheaper cars have this feature! Infact, most older Hyundai's do not have it.
Old 25th August 2019, 20:24   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
This might indeed be true. When I recently enquired about 1L SX MT i was told that I can get it in blue within a week but white will take upto 4 weeks. Apparently sometime back they didn't have it in blue at all but now they have too many cars in blue.
Went to take test drive of 1l sx mt, no test drive car was available. Denim blue and white color is readily available, forest green has a waiting of 3 months
Old 25th August 2019, 20:28   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
Went to take test drive of 1l sx mt, no test drive car was available. Denim blue and white color is readily available, forest green has a waiting of 3 months

It's available at Safdarjung Hyundai and Koncept Hyundai, as they confirmed last week over the phone. Give them a call tomorrow and they should have it.
vellatechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 20:57   #1078
BHPian

After a couple of months with the car, I felt the urge to tinker with it a little!

I've seen the dual tone Venues in person and I really liked the way the dark roof contrasts with the other body panels. The side profile of the single tone Venue, especially in lighter colours looked a bit too bland for my taste.

But as my building has open parking, and my parking in particular is angled in such a way that it catches the sun almost throughout the day, I definitely didn't want the roof to be blacked out. The car due to it's black interiors gets really hot anyway, and a non-reflective black layer would definitely make it worse.

I spoke to a few wrap installers in the Andheri area and they all insisted on getting the roof wrapped as well - they stated that there is virtually no perceivable difference in cabin temperature after getting the roof wrapped. But I was still sceptical, so I decided to go ahead with the wrap without touching the roof. I gave myself the consolation that sunroof is black, so it gives some contrast to the silver roof!

This left me with the mirrors, the spoiler, and the sill above the doors - right from the A pillar to the rear windshield. I then shortlisted an independent audio installer who had a wrap with the closest match to the existing A and C pillar gloss black factory paint and quoted a reasonable rate (Rs. 4000) for everything mentioned above. Yes, 3M would have been a better option, but the quote of Rs. 8000 was just too high for what I wanted to get done.

I spoke with the owner, and he told me to drop in at 12:30pm today. So, the process started. The sill and the spoilers were a labour intensive, but a straightforward process. The applicators seemed to be well trained, armed with proper plastic wedges, custom blades and a heat gun to get that last bit of wrap to contour perfectly. For the mirrors, the guys popped out the caps using dedicated trim removal tools and wrapped them separately. The entire process took just over two hours end to end.

So here are the before and after pictures. And yes, I knowww the blacked out roof would have taken the look that extra mile, but I still think this looks a lot better than stock! (First picture is stock)
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190824_134230__023456x2592.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190825_162945__013456x2592.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190825_174816__013456x2592.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190825_1630243456x2592.jpg  

KaranP is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 21:35   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
It's available at Safdarjung Hyundai and Koncept Hyundai, as they confirmed last week over the phone. Give them a call tomorrow and they should have it.
Sure, thanks a lot for the information. Dad likes the wrv more for its space and rugged looks, I like the venue for its modern interiors and funky looks.
Let's see how it goes. Wrv's petrol engine is boring and just enough to pull the car, hopefully venue's turbo petrol will be much more fun to drive.
Aksthedreamer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 21:56   #1080
BHPian

Question for Bangalore guys. What is the current waiting period for Denim Blue SX+ DCT. My friend booked this variant on 13 Jun 2019 at Advaith Hyundai and was told that the waiting period is 90 days. As of today (73rd day of booking), the sales advisor doesn’t have any clue regarding the delivery date and is asking us to wait until end of September 2019
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks