Team-BHP - Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/208969-hyundai-venue-official-preview-edit-launched-6-5-lakhs-73.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by murthy_p (Post 4645001)
Question for Bangalore guys. What is the current waiting period for Denim Blue SX+ DCT. My friend booked this variant on 13 Jun 2019 at Advaith Hyundai and was told that the waiting period is 90 days. As of today (73rd day of booking), the sales advisor doesn’t have any clue regarding the delivery date and is asking us to wait until end of September 2019:Frustrati

I booked from Advaith Hyundai in the first week of July and was told the waiting period is 3.5 months. I checked again recently and they are saying the same thing.

So I am going off topic here but I'd like to put this on the forum for fellow bhp-ians to know,

I have been having horrible experiences with Hyundai and their dealer Shreenath Hyundai, I fail to understand how can they afford it in a market scenario of this sort but here are a few instances -

1.Shreenath hyundai sales advisor promised me a test drive of the creta and then never got back to me

2.I revisited the showroom enquiring about the Hyundai Venue and again they said they would get back to me with a test drive and never reverted

3.I called up to ask for a test drive of the Hyundai Venue and requested a longer test drive since the usual route of Shreenath Hyundai had metro work on which I wouldnt know over half the characteristics of the car to which the sales advisor said he would get back to me.

He got back in 10 mins saying that he could give me a test drive to my requirements so I went to the showroom at the mutually agreed time and then his supervisor comes in and tells the sales advisor in front of my mum & I "No you are not going for a longer test drive, take him on the usual route and I am sending a person along" I refused to that and left the showroom with my mother to which the showroom reacted nothing.

4.Now comes the most insulting part, I tried calling hyundai and registering a complaint with them for this and Hyundai does not want to listen to me, whenever I tell them this they disconnect the call saying we are connecting you to the senior personnel. I called 3 times with the same behavior from them. I wrote several emails and Hyundai has not even responded to one.

No matter how nice their cars must be an attitude of this sort is definitely not appreciated and hurts my trust to lay my money on their cars including their recently launched sister company KIA where again Shreenath is the dealer in my area and has been treating me with a well served flavor of insults.

Have any of my fellow bhp-ians faced similar issues and how have you dealt with it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AG 6167 (Post 4646298)
So I am going off topic here but I'd like to put this on the forum for fellow bhp-ians to know,

I have been having horrible experiences with Hyundai and their dealer Shreenath Hyundai, I fail to understand how can they afford it in a market scenario of this sort.

Have any of my fellow bhp-ians faced similar issues and how have you dealt with it?

I logged in to write my experience with Hyundai and I see your post reflecting almost similar experience.

I went to Sunrise Hyundai in Delhi with dad for a test drive of elite i20 and venue. Budget was for i20 but I wanted dad to see venue too because I loved the overall package of venue.
I was told there is no test drive vehicle available for venue, on asking why, got a reply "sir the demand is such that people are buying venue without any test drives. My Dad had a look at a parked Venue and showed interest.

I asked if I come for a test drive on a weekday will the car be available? Again the same reply, no sir no test drive car available in 'entire Delhi.'
Asked them to evaluate my swift, which I wanted to give in exchange, got a quote of 30k:Frustrati

Right next to Hyundai is a Honda showroom, though wrv was not even in consideration I still asked my dad if he wants to have a look. So we went and took a test drive. Dad loved the space and practicality of wrv. Sales advisor was genuine and humble too. We were offered water and coffee. loved the experience. They quoted a value of around 75-80k for my swift plus exchange bonus of 20k. Got a similar price for swift at tata too. See the difference?

Then a team-bhp member mentioned about a petrol venue available for test drive at Koncept Hyundai.
Gave them a call and sales advisor confirmed test drive car available and said he will call me in the evening or tomorrow to bring the car to my place. Did not hear from him again.

Next day again went to Honda showroom for a test drive with my brother and mom and they both too loved Wrv. Thought of trying again at Hyundai, so went to Sunrise Hyundai. So now suddenly a diesel venue was available for test drive. I was asked to wait for 5 mins, after waiting for 20 mins, again asked to wait for 5 mins. In the meanwhile, I was not offered even a glass of water. I asked if we can atleast sit in a parked venue so that my family can get a feel of interiors space, advisor went to get the keys but did not return. I got so frustrated that I left without saying anything and nobody bothered to call me back.

I think success of Venue has gone to Hyundai's head or should I say to their sales advisors' heads.
I am so disappointed because I loved the venue.
We might end up buying wrv because everybody loved it and the overall experience was great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer (Post 4646944)
I logged in to write my experience with Hyundai and I see your post reflecting almost similar experience.

We might end up buying wrv because everybody loved it and the overall experience was great.

Ah thats disappointing. Especially stings when one is ready to spend 10+ big ones for a car! Looks like arrogance creeping into Hyundai. They better control it soon.

If the SUV-stance is not #1 in your requirement list, W-RV is a good buy I'd say. Especially in diesel. Petrol - well... it gets the job done.

But WR-V Diesel is a fun to drive & versatile vehicle. Very specious and I'm sure thats why your family liked it! It actually brings the practicality of an SUV's large cabin (courtesy Jazz origin) and better handling dynamics thanks to that much lower center of gravity compared to taller C-SUVs with short wheelbase & narrower tracks.

It doesn't look too tall, but it isn't too short in reality! Check the specifications & you'll see its not that short than a Nexon!

But if it was the SUV looks that mattered the most in liking the Venue, then tough to convince yourself towards the WR-V.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4646959)

If the SUV-stance is not #1 in your requirement list, W-RV is a good buy I'd say. Especially in diesel. Petrol - well... it gets the job done.

Yes suv stance is not a requirement, main requirement is high ground clearance because we often go on trips to the mountains. So the wrv has it covered.

Diesel is a strict no from dad because we already have another car in the family so the monthly running won't be enough to justify extra cost of a diesel vehicle.

May be I can even live with that petrol engine, but I am just not able to accept the quality of interiors in a million rupee car. No rear ac vents, no adjustable headrests, hard scratchy plastic even on places where we rest our hands on the door.

I love the venue for its interior quality and feel good factor, I will be the one driving this new car more than other members of my family.

Anyway, I think I am going off topic now, this thread is for the venue so may be I should just stick to the topic.

Also another update, I called Koncept Hyundai in the morning reminding them that they were supposed to get petrol venue at my place for a test drive. The lady said she will call back in 10 mins, 4 hours have passed and no callbackclap:

With due respect to prospective buyers and fans of this little champion, while I was at 3M Car Care for detailing my Rapid, a brand new Venue with ribbons stepped in for some treatment and with permission from the owner, I checked the car inside out. It looks tiny, somehow, I did not get the same feeling as looking at other SUVs in this segment. Looked like further jacked up Ignis stupid:. I also happened to see XUV300 and Venue side by side and now, I am completely dissatisfied. I really appreciate the outstanding fit and finish levels of the product.

While the market is slow there are quite a few new launches amongst which Venue is the biggest success so far.
@Mods: Now that it's been a while, when can we expect Venue's official review?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpideyBoy (Post 4647118)
While the market is slow there are quite a few new launches amongst which Venue is the biggest success so far.
@Mods: Now that it's been a while, when can we expect Venue's official review?

I have not seen any official reviews recently in this forum. Like to see. Isn’t it too late to get one fro TBhp? I see every Dick, Tim and Harry reviewed it inside out, and the vehicle is 3 months old now :-)

I was just doing a few acceleration runs in my Venue and realized that it's quickest if you don't rely on the D mode for flat out runs.

Unlike many other dual clutch transmissions in Auto mode, this gearbox unnecessarily holds on the revs to the absolute redline ~6500 rpm in every gear. For reference, the VW DSG in S mode has shorter and different shift points in every gear which ensures optimal flat out acceleration.

In the 1.0 t-gdi, the horsepower and torque figures take a massive drop if revved out to the red line, and my seat of the pants feel told me that manually shifting at ~5500rpm is the quickest - making use of that fat juicy higher mid-range.

I'm pretty sure this car can do early or sub 11 seconds to 100, if shifting is done manually.

I'm attaching a snapshot of a dyno run carried on the 1.0 t-gdi, and also inserting the link to a video that I found online of this guy maxing out his Venue. You can see how the gears shift in this video.

https://youtu.be/S_8uRIySAVM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaranP (Post 4648034)
I'm attaching a snapshot of a dyno run carried on the 1.0 t-gdi, and also inserting the link to a video that I found online of this guy maxing out his Venue. You can see how the gears shift in this video.

:OT I'm sorry for going off topic but there are so many things wrong with this video! No headlamps on at night only DRLs, so there are no tail lights and the car is not visible from the rear! and he was joining what looked like a highway like this. Doing such highspeeds at night with the highbeam on. I think we being BHPians should be responsible before sharing videos like these and giving views to these people.

Completely agree with you AG 6167
I booked and bought the Venue via Shreenath Hyundai, Andheri West.
I stay in Dahisar but was fed up of local dealers and made the mistake of choosing this one.
This dealer in particular is among the worst dealer in Customer Service and Reliability. I actually found their Service centre better than the retail sales team.
Do read https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4619109

Tons of complaints to Hyundai have fallen un answered. The team there at Shreenath also asked me why i put a post on Team bhp about my experience. They did not even bother to apologise for their shitty experience.

My clear thoughts, if you are buying a Hyundai , Stay away from this dealer. If you are Hyundai, Come forward and acknowledge your customers woes rather than ordering your Retail showrooms to try to clear the mess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The AG 6167 (Post 4646298)

I have been having horrible experiences with Hyundai and their dealer Shreenath Hyundai, I fail to understand how can they afford it in a market scenario of this sort but here are a few instances -

1.Shreenath hyundai sales advisor promised me a test drive of the creta and then never got back to me

2.I revisited the showroom enquiring about the Hyundai Venue and again they said they would get back to me with a test drive and never reverted

3.I called up to ask for a test drive of the Hyundai Venue and requested a longer test drive since the usual route of Shreenath Hyundai had metro work on which I wouldnt know over half the characteristics of the car to which the sales advisor said he would get back to me.

He got back in 10 mins saying that he could give me a test drive to my requirements so I went to the showroom at the mutually agreed time and then his supervisor comes in and tells the sales advisor in front of my mum & I "No you are not going for a longer test drive, take him on the usual route and I am sending a person along" I refused to that and left the showroom with my mother to which the showroom reacted nothing.

4.Now comes the most insulting part, I tried calling hyundai and registering a complaint with them for this and Hyundai does not want to listen to me, whenever I tell them this they disconnect the call saying we are connecting you to the senior personnel. I called 3 times with the same behavior from them. I wrote several emails and Hyundai has not even responded to one.

No matter how nice their cars must be an attitude of this sort is definitely not appreciated and hurts my trust to lay my money on their cars including their recently launched sister company KIA where again Shreenath is the dealer in my area and has been treating me with a well served flavor of insults.

So, will we be getting a diesel review? If yes, what's the point, now that Hyundai has said that the 1.5 will be discontinued due to the BS6 norms.

This is a very sad experience and tragic
Clearly indicates that the Showroom and the brand actually just don't care about their prospects. I have been a Hyundai loyalist since the 7 years. Having bought Elantra, Elite i20 and now the Venue. But let me tell you the buying experience in the last 2 cars has been nothing short of tragic. And not once in the last 5 years has the brand or the showroom thought about using this as an opportunity to make up lost grounds and retain a loyal customer. Constant complaints direct to Hyundai via email have gone unanswered. I have actually given up and will use the Venue for 3 years and exit this brand for ever. Enough of it.

BTW had walked into MG and Ford showrooms in the last 30 days.. am bowled over by the warmth at least.

Arrogance is the worst reason of a Brand's failure to understand and respond to a customer when things are wrong. And when the dealer is left alone to service, it turns to Mafia-ism.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer (Post 4646944)

I went to Sunrise Hyundai in Delhi with dad for a test drive of elite i20 and venue. Budget was for i20 but I wanted dad to see venue too because I loved the overall package of venue.
I was told there is no test drive vehicle available for venue, on asking why, got a reply "sir the demand is such that people are buying venue without any test drives. My Dad had a look at a parked Venue and showed interest.

I asked if I come for a test drive on a weekday will the car be available? Again the same reply, no sir no test drive car available in 'entire Delhi.'
Asked them to evaluate my swift, which I wanted to give in exchange, got a quote of 30k:Frustrati

Right next to Hyundai is a Honda showroom, though wrv was not even in consideration I still asked my dad if he wants to have a look. So we went and took a test drive. Dad loved the space and practicality of wrv. Sales advisor was genuine and humble too. We were offered water and coffee. loved the experience. They quoted a value of around 75-80k for my swift plus exchange bonus of 20k. Got a similar price for swift at tata too. See the difference?

Then a team-bhp member mentioned about a petrol venue available for test drive at Koncept Hyundai.
Gave them a call and sales advisor confirmed test drive car available and said he will call me in the evening or tomorrow to bring the car to my place. Did not hear from him again.

Next day again went to Honda showroom for a test drive with my brother and mom and they both too loved Wrv. Thought of trying again at Hyundai, so went to Sunrise Hyundai. So now suddenly a diesel venue was available for test drive. I was asked to wait for 5 mins, after waiting for 20 mins, again asked to wait for 5 mins. In the meanwhile, I was not offered even a glass of water. I asked if we can atleast sit in a parked venue so that my family can get a feel of interiors space, advisor went to get the keys but did not return. I got so frustrated that I left without saying anything and nobody bothered to call me back.

I think success of Venue has gone to Hyundai's head or should I say to their sales advisors' heads.
I am so disappointed because I loved the venue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patelhemals (Post 4649138)
Clearly indicates that the Showroom and the brand actually just don't care about their prospects.

True, we booked the wrv. It will be delivered next week.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by patelhemals (Post 4649138)
Clearly indicates that the Showroom and the brand actually just don't care about their prospects. I have been a Hyundai loyalist since the 7 years. Having bought Elantra, Elite i20 and now the Venue. But let me tell you the buying experience in the last 2 cars has been nothing short of tragic.

While I will defend the quality and value of all Hyundais as a product, I will agree that they have deteriorated in terms of sales/service. I never had a bad sales experience though since we've basically stuck with the same dealer and same sales team for over a decade, but I can see quite a lot of cases of bad sales experience reported here, specially from the western/northern regions. Bangalore has two great dealers in Trident and Advaith and I've had a pretty nice experience with both of them even when I went for casual test-drives.

While one should never ignore the product due to one bad sales experience, I can understand all too well if it happens, since the dealers ARE the face of the product and not Hyundai itself. My single negative experience with Honda where I was ignored by a snobbish salesman as he just walked away as if I didn't exist, after a casual chat about having no Honda City for test-drive, that turned me off of Honda forever.

KIA and Hyundai both seem to be making a mistake of playing hard-to-get with the customers, while they should be playing footsies and trying to lock up each and every sale possible. As someone has mentioned above, complacence plays a big role here, they know the bookings will roll in one way or another so they are sitting back knowing that they can afford to burn a few bridges since their allocation will get sold one way or another. Not the wisest thing to do long-term though.