Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2019, 13:31   #106
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

So one can have a turbo-petrol motor, a dual-clutch transmission and powered sunroof in the mid-variant, but a basic rear wash/wipe is limited to the top variant?

Does Hyundai use unobtanium for that part?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th May 2019 at 13:32.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 14:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
That's the case with all their cars isn't it? Creta AT(17.5L+ OTR bangalore) has sunroof in SX but only 2 airbags. Heck, i20 sells more Sportz variant than anything else which doesnt even come with automatic climate control or rear-wiper/washer. So clearly market doesn't care about these, rather prefer DRLs, sunglass-holder etc & hence its available mid variant onwards. Am sure missing those features won't affect sales at all and it will do as good/bad irrespective of these features.

Wonder how the AT pricing would be considering i20 CVT is priced around 8.2-9.1L ex-showroom(Bangalore). This being a crossover(additional 50-70k straight) along with the more expensive 1.0 turbo & DCT tech would surely be atleast 2-2.5L above the i20 which makes it in the ball-park of 10-12L ex-showroom. Although being a hyundai with all blingy features like sunroof and all, they can probably pull it off
Larger market probably doesn't care, but what's stopping manufacturers from providing all features as optional irrespective of engine/transmission options? May be a some kind of regulation is required here.

Ecosport AT Titanium+ is 11.36L ex-showroom in Bangalore. We can expect Hyundai to price DCT SX+ at least 50k above that.

As someone in market for a petrol AT car with safety features, it's frustrating to see lack of options. I have been holding off on the purchase for few months now.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 5th May 2019 at 14:07.
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 18:44   #108
BANNED

What's wrong with the Hyundai people, I can't understand why these stupids don't offer a top end Venue with 6 airbags. I'm on the lookout for an Automatic with 6 airbags and only the Ecosport and Yaris is available! While Ecosport is a good one, it's on its last legs and Yaris is too boring a car.

Hope Kia comes equipped with a top end automatic, unlike their Korean sibling. The morons who decides not to equip Venue with a top end automatic should be given an earful. If I were given a choice I would offer automatic in every variant.
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 18:51   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
If I were given a choice I would offer automatic in every variant.
That certainly won't be a rational decision for Hyundai, would it ? (Sorry, couldn't resist). This is exactly why they needed to have the 1.2 petrol as a variant.

Btw, I'm also of the same opinion that they need a top end Automatic with all the quirks & features.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 5th May 2019 at 18:55.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 19:24   #110
Bee
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
  • Day/night auto internal mirror
If this is the same as auto-ivrm then what was that stalk thingy sticking from behind the mirror for manual adjustment?
Old 5th May 2019, 20:52   #111
BANNED

I'm a bit puzzled why no one asked about BS VI compliance. I gather from diesels the posts here that non BS VI diesels can't be upgraded, unlike "BS VI ready" petrols. What is the point in launching a diesel engine with less than a year of marketability?

Going by size / dimensions, this is pitted against the Jazz rather than any other vehicle.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 5th May 2019 at 20:53.
Old 5th May 2019, 21:02   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
If this is the same as auto-ivrm then what was that stalk thingy sticking from behind the mirror for manual adjustment?
No, I think the Autocar author meant the automatic dimming mirror which is present on most top-end variants of premium hatches and sedans.

But looks like author went for the buttons present on the mirror. Moderator Vidyut clearly states that the buttons are not meant for auto dimming. It is for some emergency calling etc.
Old 5th May 2019, 21:15   #113
Bee
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post

But looks like author went for the buttons present on the mirror. Moderator Vidyut clearly states that the buttons are not meant for auto dimming. It is for some emergency calling etc.
Exactly, the whole thing seems a bit hastily done to me. Let's wait for the official launch. Hoping the pricing is on point.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th May 2019 at 21:27. Reason: fixed the quote.
Old 5th May 2019, 22:12   #114
BHPian

I am a Hyundai fanboy but this car is just not giving me the winning feeling. It's too much of a Creta lookalike. It will sell initially but I don't see a bright future a year or so later. Hyundai has lost its Mojo with the outrightly uninteresting Santro and now the mini Creta. I pray that I be proved wrong. Loved the interiors though. Made me long for my i10 grand. Hardly ever see any Korean cars here in Japan.

Last edited by Carma2017 : 5th May 2019 at 22:17.
Old 5th May 2019, 22:41   #115
BHPian

So one more vehicle which I will be giving a miss. Safety for me has become non-negotiable. Now the wait for SP2 begins.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 22:56   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's wrong with the Hyundai people, I can't understand why these stupids don't offer a top end Venue with 6 airbags. I'm on the lookout for an Automatic with 6 airbags and only the Ecosport and Yaris is available! While Ecosport is a good one, it's on its last legs and Yaris is too boring a car.

Hope Kia comes equipped with a top end automatic, unlike their Korean sibling. The morons who decides not to equip Venue with a top end automatic should be given an earful. If I were given a choice I would offer automatic in every variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
So one more vehicle which I will be giving a miss. Safety for me has become non-negotiable. Now the wait for SP2 begins.
Hold on guys. There seems to be something missing here. If you notice in this video the DCT has side airbags (visible on the seats). Am not sure how accurate that variant list is but as per this video Automatic seems to be available in top-end

Here's the snapshot from 5:20. Notice the side airbag tag on the front left seat?
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-screenshot_20190505225504.png

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th May 2019 at 22:59.
SoumenD is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 01:03   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm on the lookout for an Automatic with 6 airbags and only the Ecosport and Yaris is available! While Ecosport is a good one, it's on its last legs and Yaris is too boring a car.
i20 CVT also now comes with 6 airbags in Asta(O), although a segment down compared to Ecosport/Yaris and underpowered than either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Hold on guys. There seems to be something missing here. If you notice in this video the DCT has side airbags (visible on the seats). Am not sure how accurate that variant list is but as per this video Automatic seems to be available in top-end

Here's the snapshot from 5:20. Notice the side airbag tag on the front left seat?
Attachment 1873986
You are right, but see this post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4583310

Last edited by ajmat : 6th May 2019 at 16:14. Reason: removing video quote
SilentEngine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 12:49   #118
BHPian

My impression of Venue!

👍 :

1. A turbo unit from Hyundai, finally!
2. Spring loaded grab handle
3. Working roof rails.
4. Nice interior, as always!
5. A Cabin light at the center position.

👎:

1. Only 2 points seat belt for the 3rd passenger at the back.
2. No passenger request sensor
3. Rear bumper is not at all protruding, a small hit may damage the tailgate!
4. No all wheel disc brakes
5. Seems no full cladding for the rear wheel
6. Also looks like seat belt height adjustment is missing.

Picture references:-

1. A Cabin light at the center position:
2. Spring loaded grab handle:
3. Only 2 points seat belt for the 3rd passenger at the rear:

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190417wa0033.jpg

4. Not so potruding bumper:

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190417wa0034.jpg

5. Seems seat belt is missing height adjustment facility?

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190417wa0035.jpg

6. No cladding for the rear wheel?

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190417wa0036.jpg

7. No request sensor for passenger entry:-

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190417wa0037.jpg

8. Dead pedal?

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190417wa0039.jpg

Excuse me for all the low quality photos. All photos are screenshot of the YouTube Videos I have seen on the day when it was launched. So all credit goes to those respective channels.
cp171185 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 15:20   #119
BHPian

Will be interesting to see if Venue will cannibalize Creta's base variant volumes from coming month.

Venue has the following things better than the Creta,
1. More powerful power-train options,
2. Feature rich Infotainment system with telematics,
3. Fresher design and looks,
4. Compact - easier to squeeze into tight parking spots,
5. Lighting system, a. Boxy tail lamps - but looks better when lit, b. Projector fog lamps,

Where Creta trumps Venue,
1. Proportions - Venue looks too shrunk from side,
2. Proven vehicle with good amount of space,
3. Venue might be overpriced for its segment.
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 16:28   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
Larger market probably doesn't care, but what's stopping manufacturers from providing all features as optional irrespective of engine/transmission options?
Mostly in my opinion it's done for marketing/design complexity reasons on mass production cars,

1. To differentiate variants - for example, though some variants have common hardware (which contributes to cost), just to show differentiation to customer they deactivate the features in software. If option is given to customer to pick a feature -
a.It becomes a nightmare for design & manufacturing guys to control that in mass market car,
b. Complexity at dealer increases during both sales & service,

2. In real world, OEM may not be able to give definitive price or choice to customer during launch and actually might end up losing a average customer.

That is why now, few OEMs give optional packs (bundled features) like they do for accessories.
saikarthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed