Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:00   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

BTW, which is the bluish color that is being advertised (below) - is this stardust?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venuw.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2019, 19:18   #47
BHPian

One aspect we must take into consideration is that the samples they showcased during launch, could be pre-production units.

Also we can't tell apart the manual and DCT equipped car in terms of features.

So, just because we see the DCT with all these features, I'm not sure if we can say with entire conviction, that the final DCT SX(+) would actually be this well equipped.
KaranP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:25   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
BTW, which is the bluish color that is being advertised (below) - is this stardust?
I believe this is Denim Blue.
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:29   #49
MSC
BHPian

My take.
Going by TBHP words elsewhere, the weak compact SUVs will take the strongest hit once the prices are out. Hopefully it will be a worthy competition to top sellers in the segment. With BS-6 norms making small diesels extinct, petrol motors will surely get to the Frontline now onwards.
In the all hype surrounding the "connected car" , what remains to be seen is that, is Venue BS-6 compliant like Baleno or Alto. If it's not BS-6 compliant, small margin of buyers might want to wait till the BS-6 version checks in.
As for the some missing features, Hyundai has been known to skip some vitals in earlier model ranges as well.
Hopefully Hyundai won't overprice Venue like the Creta. If it's overpriced, small margin of buyers may shift to better equipped base versions of Creta causing cannibalism in it's own range.
MSC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:44   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai have done decently well in 2 important areas.
1. Looks... Won't offend anyone at least.
2. Features... barring the Reach adjustment, auto dimming IRVM, no SXO in DCT aming a few others

Hopefully they do well in the 3rd most important area.
3. Price...at least a good introductory price.

If they do well in pricing, I fill they have a winner on hands and something to worry the segment leader Brezza
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 19:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

A brilliant preview there, Viddy! Totally agree with GTO, how did you manage such a detailed preview with 100 other journos sharing space? Hats off to you!

The fact that this thread has run into 4 pages in a matter of hours shows the level of interest in this SUV, and why not! It is a very compelling package overall, save for the 1.2 l petrol. Eagerly waiting for price announcement
AkMar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:19   #52
Team-BHP Support

Now that looks like a very promising one from Hyundai, and the grandeur shows the manufacturers confidence on the product. Looking forward to the drive report.

And superbly detailed preview!
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:28   #53
BHPian

Happy to see that the Venue didn't take design inspirations from the new ix25! If Venue is launched in India, I believe the pricing would be on par with the current Creta's pricing and price of Creta to go up even more.
Aravind_M92 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:29   #54
BHPian

Definitely going to buy one once I move back to India in 3-4 months. Would be interesting to see 2 things
1. How well the Turbo GDI drives and what kind of lag are we looking at?
2. Difference between SX+ (top model for DCT) and SX(O)

Another concern is the long term reliability of DCT but for those buyers, MT option is also available!
sahilkhurana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:32   #55
BHPian

Thank you Vid6639 for a brilliant and very detailed preview. Only things remaining are how the Venue drives, features list for the variants and the pricing. Hopefully the DCT version is fully loaded with all the Bells and Whistles. I would be interested in the same a couple of years down the line if the pricing is not too optimistic and the DCT is reliable.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
The weak compact SUVs will take the strongest hit once the prices are out. Hopefully it will be a worthy competition to top sellers in the segment.
IMO Compact SUVs are doing good, just because that the Brezza's numbers are higher, the other's feel a tad less weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSC View Post
Hopefully Hyundai won't overprice Venue like the Creta. If it's overpriced, small margin of buyers may shift to better equipped base versions of Creta causing cannibalism in it's own range.

Venue will just add the numbers instead of taking away the sales. Because the competition is strong and each & every car is good in various departments that Venue isn't at some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Hyundai have done decently well in 2 important areas.
1. Looks...
2. Features...

Hopefully they do well in the 3rd most important area.
3. Price...at least a good introductory price.

If they do well in pricing, I fill they have a winner on hands and something to worry the segment leader Brezza
Having 2 Hyundai's currently, I'll agree with your point. No offence to Hyundai owners, but for me, Hyundai's are all about Features and Looks. The same reason why I bought the current 2 cars (Elite i20/New Santro) as soon as they were launched. But for someone who wants more from car like me, the Hyundai's definitely disappoint. The i20 felt claustrophobic for my family when they went on long trip. I made a mistake, I should have given them Baleno which is far more spacious and has better seats. Lesson Learnt.

With Venue, those 2 aspects will be it's USP, As I said earlier the Nexon's Ride, Ecosport's Handling, XUV3OO's Safety and Brezza's Spacious Cabin will trump the Venue easily. The Venue is inferior in all these aspects. Going by Hyundai's pricing standards, we may expect them to price it a bit premium over Brezza/Nexon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
It is a very compelling package overall, save for the 1.2 l petrol. Eagerly waiting for price announcement
1.2 will be underpowered in this definitely. I just hope it matches the Ride and Handling that rivals offer. And also it should be Spacious. If those are fulfilled, I will also say it's a compelling package. Will definitely have a look at this once it launches just to get a feeling. Comparison with i20 will be easier for me. Ecosport might also come into play if my brother is available on that day.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 20:40   #57
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview

Good preview Viddy or should I say review. Viddy surely has an eye for detail. I am sure a lot of auto journalists are currently editing their reviews.

Luckily you actually mentioned that the Venue had an engine. Here comes the software world that will take away the hardware. Locking differentials now become apps controlled by a 1000 lines of code.

Must say I am excited with the new connectivity but also feel sad that an enthusiasts life will be controlled again from the comfort of his smartphone.

How about putting the key in , turn on the ignition and crank a V6 to life and hear it growl. Those smiles will be lost as you turn on the car via a smartphone while eating breakfast and reading the Economic times. :

Change is the only Constant and life will move on.

Well done Hyundai. Truly impressed with the package. Now the wait to drive is on.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 2nd May 2019 at 20:42.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 21:19   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai does again, in what they usually do well. A properly packed vehicle, and with that matters. Sun roof, rear AC vents, good engines, a well packaged interior.

Now, even if they price it slightly more than acceptable, they'll win over the customers. They are such a text book case for anyone who wants to be successful. They don't cut corners, don't go for price war and still win. As much as I hate their A$$ being expensive, there is still a desirable factor with their cars. And yeah, even more of "boats" those being (though things have improved a lot over time).
swiftnfurious is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 22:02   #59
BHPian

6 start review I have been following all the new car launches for last 2 years and this one was the most spectacular. There is no need to wait for the official review to get an understanding - this pre-view tells it all and in advance! We really could not ask for more Vid6639 - you have done a fabulous job!! A double high-five from my side.

A lot of us would have now decided in our minds whether to go ahead whole heartedly (i.e. book now) or taken a step back (to wait for May 21). I am in the later category - can wait for 19 more days now. Suddenly XUV 300 seems a more worthy car now considering its solid build and features, pricing is the only deal-breaker for me. IMO in the current circumstances, Ecosport sales will dwindle and die if Venue is a hit, which is likely. Brezza will phase out diesel version as MSIL chairman was quoted in the media and hopefully replaced by a petrol version, thereby retaining its market leadership position. IMHO, unless buyers from other segments are drawn here, the lesser selling cars in the CSUV segment are surely to be immediately impacted. The only car, which I feel, will be less hit is the Nexon due to its comparable features and par excellent pricing.

Only time will tell what's the future here.

Last edited by SDP : 3rd May 2019 at 07:59. Reason: Typo
CarStruck is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 07:48   #60
BHPian

Pretty good car. I am sure this will hit xuv300 and ecosport top end and brezza a bit. Also with brezza planning to move out of diesel in sometime Hyundai will fill that space well.
WR-v and Nexon will take a lesser hit owing to price points
Closed Thread

Most Viewed