Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 08:16   #61
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

New TVC of Venue. The Denim Blue Shade can be seen here.

Bhatia.D17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 09:47   #62
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With reference to the pricing, IMHO, Hyundai will be forced to price it well (even if they had other plans earlier). Reason = the market is in the doldrums. Read this thread (Slowdown bites hard: 205 dealers shut down, Rs 2000 crore losses & 3000 jobs lost). One would need to be really, really daring to launch a premium-priced car in this market. At best, I think Hyundai will charge a small premium for its quality & the usual stuff.

On the other hand, never know. Mahindra did it and seems to have gotten away with the XUV300's pricing (based on just 2 months of sales data).
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:07   #63
Team-BHP Support

Diesel + AT combination is missing, why Hyundai why? And still no O model in AT petrol, again?

Any of you have any information on the prospects of the diesel coming with an automatic?

And as rightly said, the preview is what few reviewers [first day first show] types will never be able to manage.

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd May 2019 at 10:12.
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:24   #64
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has listed out the engine-wise variants - ACI.

No Diesel AT yet, however great to see a more affordable S variant of the 1.0 Turbo petrol + DCT combination.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue.png  

Last edited by //M : 3rd May 2019 at 10:25.
//M is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:32   #65
Senior - BHPian

Dont know why Hyundai skips SX(O) for AT variants
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
For simple reasons, if at launch any OEMs has a Turbo + DCT that's a whooping Rs 2L over and above the basic top trim (easy for customer to switch to the next segment) unlike AMT which is low price.

(incase of Verna..customer has no option but the dying Elantra segment or the premium Camry segment)

So logically from a customer point of view - Yes an OEM should launch the top trim with Auto but from the OEM point of view - It will not make sense for a low penetration in trim.

I'm also looking forward to media reviews for the DCT + Turbo, can't wait to book mine (definitely going for a test-drive)

I see the VENUE as another BLOCKBUSTER from Hyundai
FIAT3031 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:47   #67
BHPian

I think we should wait for the variant wise details before concluding the Hyundai's decision of SX and SX(O) with DCT.

Also, price is a key factor for Indian mass market.

I have a doubt that few features related to BlueLink may be the key differentiation between SX and SX(O), not the safety.
Lakshit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Autocar India has listed out the engine-wise variants - ACI.

No Diesel AT yet, however great to see a more affordable S variant of the 1.0 Turbo petrol + DCT combination.
Four out of six variants have SX prefix. Feels like poor nomenclature. Better Hyundai could name the car as Venue SX itself (in lighter veins).
gupta_chd is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I know, right? It's not just Hyundai, it's a general trend that manufactures are following these days.
I think their reasoning is that automatic transmission + features in the top end variants become so expensive that they make segments overlap and hence, cannibalize cars higher up.
What they need is someone talking sense into them that if someone is out to buy an automatic, they will buy an automatic. The market is ready to pay the premium an automatic + top end variant demands.

Let's marvel at other idiocies in the industry that have driven enthusiasts away -

- Ford Figo is now offered with the same auto + engine combo that powers the EcoSport, making it potentially the hottest hatch in the industry, at par with Polo, give or take. But... they decide to not offer it in the top end trim which comes with 6 airbags and Android Auto/Apply CarPlay. Oh, and TCS+HLA+ESP is available only in the auto variant, and not in the top end manual variant. To add to this, not a single test drive vehicle has been made available for this variant. Now, who is going to buy this? No one!

- Ford Ecosport has an even more confusing strategy. Their differentiator between top end auto and top end manual is a sunroof and some minor cosmetic fluff.

- Honda Amaze suffered with this disease till recently. They only started offering the top variant with a CVT last week.

- Honda WR-V takes the most messed up approach. In the hottest segment in the market, they decide to offer sub-par engines and "no automatic at all" fearing WR-V eating into Amaze's and City's sales.

- Hyundai Venue is the latest addition to this list.

The manufacturers need to keep in mind that I'm not going to buy an Amaze/City if WR-V does not come with an auto transmission, I'll go for EcoSport instead; so on and so forth.

It's about time someone burst their bubble and get them out of their echo chambers.

</rant>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post
I have a doubt that few features related to BlueLink may be the key differentiation between SX and SX(O), not the safety.
Actually, DCT variants will be the "most connected" variants and have the most BlueLink features like remote engine control and remote climate control.

Venue simply follows the market trend, where top end is not really "the" top end; we have parallel variants now, but no all-in-one variant.

Just like, Ford Figo's Blu and Titanium AT, Ford EcoSport's S and Titanium+ AT, we now have Hyundai Venue SX(O) and SX+ AT.

Last edited by kubectl : 3rd May 2019 at 11:24. Reason: Add a quote
kubectl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 11:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Honda Amaze suffered with this disease till recently. They only started offering the top variant with a CVT last week.
The difference between top version VX and next version V of Honda Amaze is only the touch screen, which could anyways be fitted for around 35k. However in case of other manufacturers, not having top version means losing out on 6 airbags or other critical features.

Hyundai offering 60:40 split only in Creta auto and denying it 6 airbags is a good example of such weird decisions. It will be curious to see what differences will the top versions of manual and automatic Venue would have.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubectl View Post
Actually, DCT variants will be the "most connected" variants and have the most BlueLink features like remote engine control and remote climate control.
I am confused, in that case, "S" variant with DCT will have what features?

DCT is not the basis of selection of features for the variant.

My positive hope is related to safety features only, I wish they differentiate SX and SX(O) with fancy features only, not with safety features.

Last edited by Lakshit : 3rd May 2019 at 12:07. Reason: wrong quote and missing content
Lakshit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 12:48   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue & Maruti Vitara Brezza Spotted Going Side By Side
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenuetestmulebesidesvitarabrezza1200x675.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:30   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post

You could have changed the lane once and clicked the Venue at the same angle.

PS: Just kidding, but the Brezza looks bigger or may be I need lunch (I'm famished)
Old 3rd May 2019, 13:46   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Are you sure it's a Venue and not a Santro?

This definitely looks smaller than I thought it would look, accentuated by the angle of photograph, I think.
Old 3rd May 2019, 14:02   #75
BANNED

What a waste of money! But, what a way to influence the journos' opinion!
I think it looks too small (length-wise) and out of proportions from the sides. There are very view official side pics. I found mostly 3 quarters.
MaheshY1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed