Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2019, 16:33   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Hyundai Venue production starts - aims big in SUV sales.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th May 2019 at 16:35.
volkman10 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 18:01   #122
BHPian

Definitely a small footprint!

Can be a good daily driver on crowded roads though - seems to come with a lot of creature comforts. Will all come down to the pricing now
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 22:48   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Hyundai Venue production starts - aims big in SUV sales.

Attachment 1874234

Link
Looking at the size feels like a good thought to wait on discounts coming for the i20 active. Am sure there will be feature deletions to justify the Venue now.
Old 7th May 2019, 00:12   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandx View Post
Looking at the size feels like a good thought to wait on discounts coming for the i20 active. Am sure there will be feature deletions to justify the Venue now.
I feel the i20 Active is going to disappear from shelf soon. The segment top and bottom within Hyundai looks too crowded anyways.
anil_neo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 10:20   #125
Bee
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp171185 View Post
4. Not so potruding bumper
We can blame the government regulations for that. The international spec Venue has some decent protrusion but because the Indian version needed to be below 4m, they must have trimmed the rear a little bit.
Bee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 11:00   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
[b]Hyundai Venue Variant Wise Equipment List.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Undoubtedly SX is the best variant, but is it available in DCT??
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
This scoop from Autocar is very poorly documented and explained.

I think we'll only know for sure when Hyundai officially releases these details.
I had booked Venue on Apr 22nd and was sent the same list by the Manager at the local Hyundai showroom, so, in some sorts, it is kind of confirming the variants/ features on the Autocar list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
What's wrong with the Hyundai people, I can't understand why these stupids don't offer a top end Venue with 6 airbags. I'm on the lookout for an Automatic with 6 airbags and only the Ecosport and Yaris is available! While Ecosport is a good one, it's on its last legs and Yaris is too boring a car.
Same here mate, I think MG Hector might satiate us but the cost would definitely be northwards as compared to the expected pricing of Venue. And the car is going to be big, in terms of parking and other woos.

I am down to Ecosport as a probable now in terms of full safety kit on a cSUV but have similar concerns as you on Ford's future and also a concern about the space in the rear seat. Or one of the MPVs (BR-V or Ertiga) if I can make do with standard safety features (2 airbags, ABS, EBD, etc).
kalyan_hyd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 18:17   #127
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonderful (P)review, thanks for sharing Viddy , Add the driving experience and you have a full official review, well almost , loved the attention to detail!
Surprised at the omissions like Auto dimming IRVM, etc.

Hope Hyundai's pricing will be spot on.

*Loved the all black interior, my personal favourite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
New design leather steering is absolutely brilliant to hold. Feels chunky to grip. Has buttons for music, the MID & cruise control:
In the picture attached with this description - seems like the steering wrap has a tear just above the seam near 9 O' clock position and the foam is visible. Just hope quality levels will be much better than this (usually Hyundai does a good job, so hope this is just an exception).

Last edited by NPV : 7th May 2019 at 18:19.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 22:22   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In the picture attached with this description - seems like the steering wrap has a tear just above the seam near 9 O' clock position and the foam is visible. Just hope quality levels will be much better than this (usually Hyundai does a good job, so hope this is just an exception).
It seems you're pointing at the sunlight falling on the left hand side of the wheel.
sainyamk95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 10:50   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

First Venue rolls out of Chennai plant,

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th May 2019 at 10:51.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 11:34   #130
BHPian

Has there been a more hyped car launch/release than the Venue in recent years? Just curious.
Old 8th May 2019, 11:43   #131
Bee
BHPian

I personally feel this indicator housing has a lot of scope for modification. As the led headlight clusters and rear lights both are a crowd favorite amongst the creta owners. This split headlight design for the venue would make the indicators separate and a very cheap mod

Something similar to these sequential indicators with that sweeping effect would look pretty cool imo.
Old 8th May 2019, 11:49   #132
BHPian

This really looks like a Grand i10 Active from the rear. (If there would have been such a thing )

And now that we've seen a proper video of the car moving in the flesh with a lot of reference points around, it doesn't have the presence of either the Ecosport or the Brezza!
KaranP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 12:28   #133
BHPian

I booked the DCT SX+ last week but decided to not go ahead with the booking after checking the features list. Now the dealer is asking me to submit all documents and process the booking and only then can it be cancelled. I just don't see a point in submitting my ID and address proof when in all likelihood I will not purchase the car. I don't understand why Hyundai can accept an online booking but can not cancel it.

I called Hyundai customer care and they said that Hyundai accepts booking on behalf of the dealer so only the dealer can cancel the booking. And, I always thought dealers work on behalf of the company. :( I am not going to waste my time and documents in dealing with the dealer with whom I had never engaged while booking. Have written to Hyundai, let's see how they handle it.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 12:36   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This really looks like a Grand i10 Active from the rear. (If there would have been such a thing )

And now that we've seen a proper video of the car moving in the flesh with a lot of reference points around, it doesn't have the presence of either the Ecosport or the Brezza!
Precisely the reason I will go against the general opinion and state this to be not a run away hit. Indian buyer loves the butch looks, plus size vehicles, the bigger the better is the general philosophy. That's why vehicles like Fortuner, XUV 500 sells a lot. In this segment Brezza and Ecosport have that look and Nexon doesn't. Inspite of being the cheapest Nexon sells way less than Brezza. Venue may have the features, even looks maybe appealing to many, but in the end Size does matter and this is where it's lacking big time.

Even XUV300 which is overpriced has that big size look. I don't see Venue shaking this segment unless Hyundai prices it way competitively which is again unlikely.

Last edited by harry10 : 8th May 2019 at 12:39.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th May 2019, 12:54   #135
BHPian

Quote:

Exactly my thoughts. I had even remarked earlier when the test mule images were going around how it resembles the ignis in form and structure. Hope hyundai puts an ignis like pricing at least for the lower variants.

Now when the new alto comes up with a butch avatar as also the tata hornbill, I think the differentiation lines between compact and micro SUVs will fade away.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks