Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2019, 16:53   #181
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Venue has started reaching dealerships ahead of its launch on May 21.
Looks like a small but well-proportioned car.
Will TD it for sure!
Old 13th May 2019, 17:59   #182
BHPian

From the list attached no variant mentions anything about the sunroof. Strange.
I guess sunroof must be there in all S & above variants and only key features apart from the common ones are mentioned in the list. If anyone has got the final variant list please upload the same. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by deepjaju : 13th May 2019 at 18:01.
Old 13th May 2019, 18:03   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
From the list attached no variant mentions anything about the sunroof. Strange.
I guess sunroof must be there in all S & above variants and only key features apart from the common ones are mentioned in the list. If anyone has got the final variant list please upload the same. Thanks in advance.
Sunroof is mentioned against SX variant.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-sxo.jpg
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 18:09   #184
BHPian

I am keen to book a SX-DCT petrol. What could be the expected price? 10L or less?

Mod note: There are grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th May 2019 at 21:51.
Old 13th May 2019, 18:18   #185
BHPian

Hyundai should've kept the Blue Link as an option rather than bundling it on the upper trims. Prices could've been kept lower or useful additions like LED headlamps or additional airbags on non SX(O) trims could've been provided. Honestly, the technical glib on the Blue Link is too complicated to comprehend and it's overkill for something that's a car and not a F-16.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 13th May 2019 at 18:20.
Old 13th May 2019, 18:22   #186
Senior - BHPian

I dont think this car will be very successful due to the below reason.

This car will be priced premium. Above the i20 definitely but below the Creta. With that, this will still fall in the wierd category where C-SUVs and Sedans and premium hatches all create a mess of a segment!
Old 13th May 2019, 20:00   #187
BHPian

One thing we're missing is, Hyundai had the same badging nomenclature on their cars, irrespective of whether it is SX, SX+, or SX(o). The car we see here, has a rear wash/wiper. So it's the SX(O), not necessarily SX.
KaranP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 21:53   #188
BHPian

Hi, I booked the Venue yesterday in 1 litre turbo charged DCT in SX+ trim.. Having few doubts reading features miss such as Auto dimming IVRM, etc. Just a background - Am based out of Mumbai and was looking to replace my Ciaz Zxi (4.5 years old) with a CSUV. We got a compact sedan (Dzire Vxi) as a second car 1.5 year back. Neither Maruti car feels premium or powerful enough

Last few weeks, My search started again.. and this time with more vigour as we decided it is time to bid goodbye to our Ciaz before BS6 rules start next year on premise that resale would be better this year rather than next year

Venue with 120+ PS, seemed like a powerful alternative to the Polo GT Tsi; backed by the Hyundai promise of service cost (It will be my first non-maruti car) and am seriously hoping it would be enough to convince my wife to welcome this car home

After a long debate with my wife - I had my way and prebooked it. Was hard trying to explain her that the 1 litre turbocharged Engine, Bluelink & sunroof together make it a very unique package - and Venue should be off to a flying start (I so hope...)
sudhirdamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 23:16   #189
BHPian

Hello everyone! This is my first post on team bhp, and I am honoured to be here. I have booked the venue sx+ dct and I hope Hyundai gives an equivalent of what it provides in the Verna sx+. No rear wash wipe would be the biggest downer for me; after a lacklustre drive, that is. I understand that the engine is tested and the international reviews do mention that it’s a good performer but I haven’t been able to find any review of this particular marriage of the engine with the dct. Anything that I did find was either in German or French, which I am not familiar with.
An SX(O) in automatic would be fantastic but honestly, I don’t see Hyundai pricing this well. Considering it’s a turbo charged 3cyl engine, I think that the top end would be dearer than ecosport S. Add in a dual clutch transmission and a 1 lakh premium (at the very least) seems about right. This makes me wonder how competitively priced this car would really be, as at the end of the day, it’s pretty much an i20 on stilts (although I recall reading that it’s based on the grand i10 platform). I am afraid that it’ll breach the verna price, which would be a shame really. I have driven the ecosport auto and I loved the dragon engine. I liked it more than the Verna auto which is also in my consideration. I am in a confused state which will fade away only post a test drive.

PS- why can’t they just reveal the feature list with the unveil? Pricing may be introduced later, although I feel even the pricing should be revealed when the bookings begin.
Old 14th May 2019, 01:20   #190
BHPian

Nobody knows Indian requirements like Maruti, at least they are better than others, when it comes to loading features. The name SUV and utility should be synonymous. Therefore, how in this world are 60:40 seats a luxury or an unwanted feature for Automatic (dct) users.

After paying more than a million, we need to beg for a basic feature. Or Hyundai feels that Automatic version buyers are below poverty line. If that is the case, why are almost all of the Luxury cars, are Automatics.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 09:37   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
I am keen to book a SX-DCT petrol. What could be the expected price? 10L or less?
I think you mean SX+ DCT Petrol. There may not be a DCT in SX category. Most of the forums and discussions are tending to say that Venue SX+ DCT will be priced slightly above EcoSport 1.5 Ti VCT AT Titanium Plus variant, which is roughly 11.4L ex-showroom here in Hyderabad, so 10L or less is out of the question at the moment. Hyundai is known to charge a premium and load-up their cars with features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled_soul View Post
Hello everyone! This is my first post on team-bhp, and I am honoured to be here. I have booked the venue sx+ dct

PS- why can’t they just reveal the feature list with the unveil? Pricing may be introduced later, although I feel even the pricing should be revealed when the bookings begin.
Welcome to TBHP and Many congratulations on your booking. Although, not official, but the dealers are sharing WhatsApp list of features per variant on booking Venue at several places. Do check with your dealer. In fact, some dealerships have started receiving Display vehicles too.

Here is a list someone posted on Page 12 of this thread.

Here is a videothat was also posted yesterday.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 11:31   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I think you mean SX+ DCT Petrol. There may not be a DCT in SX category. Most of the forums and discussions are tending to say that Venue SX+ DCT will be priced slightly above EcoSport 1.5 Ti VCT AT Titanium Plus variant, which is roughly 11.4L ex-showroom here in Hyderabad, so 10L or less is out of the question at the moment. Hyundai is known to charge a premium and load-up their cars with features.

Welcome to TBHP and Many congratulations on your booking. Although, not official, but the dealers are sharing WhatsApp list of features per variant on booking Venue at several places. Do check with your dealer. In fact, some dealerships have started receiving Display vehicles too.

Here is a list someone posted on Page 12 of this thread.

Here is a videothat was also posted yesterday.

Thank you, mate! The unofficial leaks are so contradictory that it’s causing me more stress than not knowing anything. I have been following this car since it’s leaks and I am abreast all the latest news about this car. But since nothing is given out by Hyundai itself, it all seems good for nothing.

And yes it will definitely not be below the 10 lakh bracket. The only benefit is that the car is under 4m and has an engine smaller than 1.2l so it should be cheaper to register. But even with that, I see it breaching the 14 lakh mark, even for the sx+ dct. With the amazing deals on ecosport and Verna, it just doesn’t give that much of an incentive to go for this, considering the ecosport drives amazingly well, and the Verna looks a class above.
Old 14th May 2019, 15:11   #193
BHPian

I am really interested in an Automatic Petrol Venue, but I believe DCT variant will be beyond my budget. Will there be an AMT /TC version offered for this?
Old 14th May 2019, 16:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I am really interested in an Automatic Petrol Venue, but I believe DCT variant will be beyond my budget. Will there be an AMT /TC version offered for this?
Nope, I don't think so. Hyundai in their future plans also hasn't hinted at a TC or AMT. I guess if market demand is high enough they might make it later, but right now only DCT.
deepjaju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 17:35   #195
BHPian

Since the launch is going to happen tomorrow., let me give my 2 paise take on price.

1) Lower variants will be priced in the range of mid variant I20 (A bit above Magna), which means it will be in the same range of XUV300, just a few thousands extra.

2) Middle variants will be the place where they go neck to neck with XUV300 and will even try to beat XUV300 price which will bring maximum numbers this time around. Mahindra has screwed up this variant with not enough value for money specs.

3) Top spec variants will outdo XUV300 and will definitely enter Creta territory(SX level).

After a very sensible pricing for Verna, they tried to be their usual self with Santro which definitely has back-fired no matter what people try to convince you otherwise. At the end of the day, it does not matter how many bookings you have, you need to see the current situation in the industry and then decide on pricing so I am hoping they don't get too greedy.

I am more interested to see what happens to Creta numbers 3/4 month from now when Kia Enters the scene. With Venue breathing down the lower segments and Kia on the other end, Creta numbers are definitely bound to be hit. On top of that Hector would have been 3-4 months old by then. My guess is that Hyundai will want Venue and Kia SP suv to take up all the Creta numbers and move Creta up the ladder with 7 Seater version by 2021. Another point to note is that Hyundai definitely has production constraints. I assume their factory is running in break-neck capacity with no room for additional production lines/Shifts. Really interesting times ahead.
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks