Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2019, 11:42   #211
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStallion View Post
Found this on SBI online banking site.

Is Hyundai advertising through SBI?
This seems to be a poorly thought out marketing exercise.
  • If one is looking to buy a Venue, why would they be happy to win a Santro?
  • For the person who wins a Santro, are they expecting them to cancel the Venue booking?
  • Why is a banking app taking car bookings?!

This is one of those "Chai packet khareedo, chammach free" type of schemes.
Old 17th May 2019, 12:03   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStallion View Post
Found this on SBI online banking site.
Is Hyundai advertising through SBI?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
This seems to be a poorly thought out marketing exercise.
Thought it was a promotion for the YONO app from SBI. If it were a promotional from Hyundai, they would've done through all other booking channels, isn't it!

Off topic: Actually, SBI has been trying quite hard to increase it's app user base. Looks like not many are taking to it, perhaps based on experience with their earlier app.

Last edited by 2cents : 17th May 2019 at 12:19.
Old 17th May 2019, 16:24   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The hardest job was keeping the wraps on the car before the unveil. Easy when you are indoors on a stage, not when you're out on the open sea with strong winds.
Quote:
Want to show you how choppy the sea was. Half the pool was emptied out on the deck and several journos + photographers got wet!
If you want to see strong winds and really rough seas you must try crossing the Pacific or Atlantic.

Quote:
We ended up "parallel parking" in front of the Jalesh Karkinka. I don't know how the captain managed to fit it in that gap. It was very tight. When you next have a tough time parking your car, think of this:
It's a very difficult manoeuvre. However these passenger ships have 2 engines/propellors and a bow thruster. That makes it relatively easy to park. Try doing it with a Single engine/propellor ship without a bow thruster and it's not so easy.
pedrolourenco is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 17:37   #214
BHPian

Found this on a Facebook post, claimed to be received from a dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-fb_img_1558094595494.jpg  

Lakshit is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 19:09   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshit View Post

So, the difference between Manual and Automatic is 55k, but the variant is different. We have to see the difference between SX (o) and SX+. If we factor into the safety features missing in SX+, then the price difference may go upwards of 1 lakh.

Wish, they had priced (If these prices are genuine) below 10 lakhs, since the prices seems to be on the borderline.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 20:33   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
So, the difference between Manual and Automatic is 55k, but the variant is different. We have to see the difference between SX (o) and SX+. If we factor into the safety features missing in SX+, then the price difference may go upwards of 1 lakh.

Wish, they had priced (If these prices are genuine) below 10 lakhs, since the prices seems to be on the borderline.
If these prices are dealer booking prices then add multiple taxes to it. That ways, the prices are nowhere around 10 or even 11L. It'll be over 11L ex-showroom. I had been in a similar situation when Creta was launched in 2015. I was given a dealer price which was about 2.5L less than the original price. I really hope that these are the actual prices, but I have genuine doubts.
BoneCollector is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 17th May 2019, 20:45   #217
BHPian

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview

If these prices are including GST, then add approximately 24% for on road price in Bangalore. And If the Car is priced less than 10 lakhs, ex showroom, then add 20% for on road price in Bangalore.
Old 18th May 2019, 10:07   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If this is the true pricing , the Top end Diesel should have been priced at 9.90 ex showroom. Maybe we should never expect a 'Killer' price tag from Hyundai.
Old 18th May 2019, 10:49   #219
Senior - BHPian

That's the OTR for Brezza. Seems like Hyundai continues to adapt a strategy to remain premium. Which isn't bad considering that Creta is such a success and this might just work out for the Venue as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-screenshot_20190518101709768.jpg  

Old 18th May 2019, 11:02   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
That's the OTR for Brezza. Seems like Hyundai continues to adapt a strategy to remain premium. Which isn't bad considering that Creta is such a success and this might just work out for the Venue as well.
I guess these are the ex-showroom prices and not OTR. Vitara Brezza Zdi+ is close to 12 lakhs OTR in Mumbai
Old 18th May 2019, 11:53   #221

Cardekho revealed the variant wise price. Is it true?

HYUNDAI VENUE

PRICE (EX-SHOWROOM)

E 1.2 Petrol MT Rs 7.2 lakh

E 1.4 Diesel MT Rs 8.5 lakh

S 1.2 Petrol MT Rs 8.0 lakh

S 1.0 Petrol MT Rs 8.5 lakh

S 1.0 Petrol DCT Rs 10 lakh

S 1.4 Diesel MT Rs 9.3 lakh

SX 1.0 Petrol MT Rs 10.2 lakh (+Rs 50,000 for dual tone)

SX 1.4 Diesel MT Rs 11 lakh (+Rs 50,000 for dual tone)

SX(O) 1.0 Petrol MT Rs 11.1 lakh

SX(O) 1.4 Diesel MT Rs 11.9 lakh

SX+ 1.0 Petrol DCT Rs 12 lakh

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...cosport-mahind
Old 18th May 2019, 12:04   #222
BHPian

Had received a call from my dealer that around 5 cars have reached their stockyard and he asked me to check them out for color & variant finalization. So after two days, I got time today to check out the Venue.

It's definitely a compact SUV slightly less tall than the Ecosport (which I own) and as space wise its similar to the Brezza. The interior fit & finish is typical Hyundai (as in it's good). The ergonomics are also pretty good. They had only SX+ DCT & SX(O) variants. Lower variants were not in their initial lot.

The SX+ does have all the features as mentioned in the variant list posted before. The screen sizes are all the same in both the manual & automatic variants. The alloys look really good.

Colors present in the stock were White, Silver, Denim Blue with White roof - dual tone and Red. The blue is almost the same as the Baleno blue. The Silver color goes well with the front silver skid plate and the Red looks nice & bright.
The guy there said the DCT drives well and its a breeze in the city traffic. I was not allowed to take pictures or drive the car. Apart from that the car definitely is a looker and well proportioned.

I asked my sales guy about the Remote Engine + AC Ventilation option as mentioned in the leaked variant list. He says if the car has bluelink then all features will work. When I pointed out that its technically not possible in a manual to remote start, he replied that it will work when the car is in neutral in manual and P in automatic as per his training. I am kind of skeptical on the manual, if anyone else has knowledge on this please enlighten.

Last edited by Eddy : 18th May 2019 at 12:17. Reason: Spacing for better readability
deepjaju is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th May 2019, 12:39   #223
Bee
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
he replied that it will work when the car is in neutral in manual and P in automatic as per his training.
I think it certainly is possible if the company intends on doing that. Basically, all they need to do is bypass the neutral safety switch. The remote starter thingy would mimic the turning ignition on with the key.

Now it might seem unsafe as the car might leap and stall if started in gear but Hyundai can simply put in a sensor that let's the remote switch work only in case the gearstick is in neutral and the handbrake is engaged to work as a failsafe.

But I feel the SA must have been ill informed in some way. I doubt hyundai would waste resources in remote starting a manual car. Plus, it was mentioned in the highlights brochure too during the car reveal that only DCT version supports this. They would've certainly advertised it if the manual was compatible too. (though I hope the SA is correct )
Old 18th May 2019, 13:00   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
The SX+ does have all the features as mentioned in the variant list posted before.
Thanks for sharing, this is very helpful for prospective buyers. I have a couple of questions -
- DCT variant has 2 airbags, right? Not 4 or 6?
- Is the IRVM manual in both the variants? No auto-dimming?
Old 18th May 2019, 13:43   #225
BHPian

I am not sure about the Airbags but most probably there will be 2 only
No Auto Dimming IRVM.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed