Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:33   #406
BHPian

re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The Hyundai 1.0L is made in India and will be shared with Kia. The reason it is more expensive that the Tata & Mahindra Turbo petrols is because the Hyundai engine is GDI like the VW TSI & Ford Ecoboost whereas the others are regular MPFi with Turbo's. GDI pressures are much higher and I'm sure the engines need more re-inforcing apart from the actual cost of the injectors, etc.
I'm glad to see the wide acceptance of the Hyundai Turbo engine + DCT combo. Everyone here seems to be interested in the 1.0 GDI Turbo DCT model inspite of it being new and without long term reliability reports. Hyundai is a Global player and these would be very well engineered. Slightest concern remains is that how they fair in our road/driving conditions!

Suzuki Boosterjet and Ford Ecoboost should consider an autobox for their Turbo offerings in India?

Let there be Turbo!

--surjaonwheelz
Old 22nd May 2019, 12:33   #407
Senior - BHPian

Oh, it's really good as Hyundai sells only Automatics in Dubai, Santro upwards. It's really smooth, don't worry about that - though suffers on fuel efficiency figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
I'll have to drive this DCT
Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:19   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Oh, it's really good as Hyundai sells only Automatics in Dubai, Santro upwards. It's really smooth, don't worry about that - though suffers on fuel efficiency figures.
I think those AT's are Torque Converters and not DCTs. As far as I remember the new Tucson is the only model in US that has a DCT which was introduced couple of few years ago. May be their new models will get DCTs from now on internationally.

Last edited by Superleggera : 22nd May 2019 at 13:20.
Superleggera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:30   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
May be their new models will get DCTs from now on internationally.
Loads of their models - i20, i30, Kona, etc - have been getting DCT for a few years now, seems to be working out for Hyundai.
kubectl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 13:48   #410
BHPian

So, the Kun Hyundai dealership here in Hyderabad seems to be handling Venue booking very 'lazily'. I pre-booked a Venue on Apr 22nd through the dealer by paying ₹ 50,000/. Although I mentioned at the time of booking that I am only interested in the Top-end DCT unit, no note was officially made.

Today, I received a call from the agent asking me for a color and variant preference. And he tells me that they are going to place an order now, now that prices et al are out. He also told me it may take 3-4 months for my car's delivery. I wonder if the ad about "Assured early delivery" is only applicable for online bookings via Hyundai portal which started on May 2nd and not applicable for bookings made through the dealer either before or after this date. They don't have a probable time by which a DCT TD vehicle will arrive either.
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:28   #411
BHPian

This Attachment on Venue Variant's features looks comprehensive and easy to understand.

Venue Variant Features.pdf
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:15   #412
NKB
BHPian

Had a quick look at Venue. Lot has been spoken on design, price etc and not going there. But my first impression is that it looks small and you enter Venue, you feel sitting in a hatchback. Cabin look very small compared to its competition. Second row is best suited for two. You can squeeze a third one but only for short rides.. it's going to be cramped. Leg room also is going to be a problem for taller folks.

I am in the market to buy my first car (probably a CSUV) and I had mostly finalized Nexon but was waiting for Venue.. I guess I will go ahead with Nexon..little confused with the variant though.

PS: it's my first post so pardon me for any mistake.
NKB is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:20   #413
BHPian

I test drove the 1.0 DCT SX+ yesterday at Hyundai Motor Plaza Guindy, Chennai. My dad and wife also test drove and agreed with my findings.

The following were my findings.

What I liked.

Seating position was comfortable, did not have to tinker much with the seat and steering to find the perfect spot.

The DSG was smooth and decently responsive, not as good as my Vento TSI but still far better than my brother's Verna Torque Convertor and miles ahead of the Nexon's AMT.

The 3 cylinder 1.0 litre was very refined and felt like a 4 cylinder to be honest. The pick up was quite good ( I did not test it on the highway only on the small lanes near the showroom). Again the Vento TSI felt a lot faster.

Boot space seemed more than adequate, a lot bigger than the XUV300.

Seats firm but not too hard.

Rear legroom was fine, I am 6 ft and my 6ft dad did not complain when he sat behind me.

The road I drove on were quite bad and suspension did a good job. However I couldn't test the cornering.

Reverse cam did its job quite well.

3 people could sit fairly comfortably in the rear seat.

Loud alarms if either of the 2 front seat belts were not fastened! Kudos to Hyundai for this!

Manual mode is good, downshifts were quite quick and holds the gear till redline.

Its priced quite well.

What I didn't like

The front arm rest was too far back and is barely functional.

The sun roof was a little small though I'll never ever use it in Chennai.

Visibility was not very good because I thought the A pillar was a little thick.

DCT doesn't come with 6 airbags

I felt a little bit of turbo lag but not a deal breaker.

Blue link is a bunch of hogwash which I will never ever use.

No S mode

What I couldn't test

Media player was disabled in this test car

Cornering ability because of the roads in which I drove

Highway pickup and gear changes because of the roads in which I drove.

Overall I liked this car and will probably buy it next week after test driving the Ecosport one more time.

If anyone is wondering why I didn't say anything about its exterior looks, I couldn't care less what it looks like on the outside when its a good car to drive.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 22nd May 2019 at 15:34.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 15:22   #414
BHPian

Is there anyone else who find these red strip on the reversing lamps ugly? (refer attached photo with circle highlights)

It is very weird red (not sure how it looks in the real world). Would have liked it, if the red colour was matching with the tail lamp or if it was an led strip integrated with brakes lights (wishful thinking I guess?)

Creta has lots of bumper led options in the market (the Lamborghini style lights look ubercool).

I wonder if there will be a way to replace the bumper lamp of Venue with aftermarket accessory.
Attached Images

rahul_goyal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:02   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Rear legroom was fine, I am 6 ft and my 6ft dad did not complain when he sat behind me.

Blue link is a bunch of hogwash which I will never ever use.
A 6 footer says the arm rest is placed too far back!! What is it with the latest cars and their far-away placed arm rest? Case in point: Toyota Yaris. If at your height you feel the armrest is placed too far back, the average height persons are better off using it as a center table for the car.

Why would you say Blue link is a hogwash? That is one of the major selling points of this car for Hyundai. Would love to hear your views.
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:07   #416
BHPian

One lakh rupees difference between the ex-showroom prices of the 1.2L Kappa and the new 1.0L GDI variant. Isn't this a bit too much? Would translate to even more with road tax and insurance included.
I believe the maximum margins for Hyundai lies in this new engine.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
What is it with the latest cars and their far-away placed arm rest? .
I was watching a YouTube video and in that the reviewer mentioned the arm rest as a "knee rest". Quite apt, I would say.

How hard is it to make a component that at least live up to its name?

Last edited by Sherlocked : 22nd May 2019 at 16:11.
Sherlocked is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:08   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKB View Post
Cabin look very small compared to its competition. Second row is best suited for two. You can squeeze a third one but only for short rides.. it's going to be cramped. Leg room also is going to be a problem for taller folks.
Quote:
The following were my findings.

What I liked.

3 people could sit fairly comfortably in the rear seat.
Quite contrasting views.
Based on the pictures and similar comments, i believe that the space at the rear is not plenty. Brezza remains the king in this aspect. Nexon is also not bad. I think rear space could be a deal-breaker for many.
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:14   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
Is there anyone else who find these red strip on the reversing lamps ugly?
I hope you know that these red strips are dedicated reflectors and are there for a reason.

Better not to fiddle with them especially if you drive on highways at night. Personally I find the design cohesive and much better than what we've seen on other Hyundai cars such as facelifted Grand i10 and i20 Active.

Quote:
I wonder if there will be a way to replace the bumper lamp of Venue with aftermarket accessory.
Don't worry. Leave this to our aftermarket "tooner" industry.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:30   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
I hope you know that these red strips are dedicated reflectors and are there for a reason.
I am not complaining about the design at all. It is stunning.

Just didn't like the styling on the reflectors, looks out of proportion IMO. Reflectors are much better on other Hyundai cars.

Eagerly looking forward to a Team-BHP full review of the Venue. Hope that we will get one sooner rather than later.

MG Hector will be launched soon and Kia SP2i is also on the way. Prospective buyers between INR 10-20 lakhs will have lots of thinking to do.

Cheers to good times ahead.!!
Old 22nd May 2019, 16:56   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_goyal View Post
I am not complaining about the design at all. It is stunning.

Just didn't like the styling on the reflectors, looks out of proportion IMO. Reflectors are much better on other Hyundai cars.

Eagerly looking forward to a Team-BHP full review of the Venue. Hope that we will get one sooner rather than later.

MG Hector will be launched soon and Kia SP2i is also on the way. Prospective buyers between INR 10-20 lakhs will have lots of thinking to do.

Cheers to good times ahead.!!

I am optimistic about Honda's HR-V and Suzuki's Vitara to add on to the above list.
jazzy47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks