Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2019, 08:05   #496
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
You just made my day by saying this - it is indeed a perfectly usable car for small family & those upgrading from small cars I know since I fit into this description perfectly and hence eagerly looking forward to proceeding with its purchase.

As a thank you gesture for making my day, here is a picture of the white test drive car, which I drove shortly in the morning- it undoubtedly looks (and feels) 'the car' for me!
Such a wonderful stance(better than the Brezza of course)spoilt by a lacklustre rear design. What would have cost Hyundai to give elongated tail lamps like those of i20,Kona. Would have made the rear appear wider than it is. These Renegade type tail lights make it look chopped. I believe a smart rear spoiler should accentuate the rear look. Nevertheless this car is perfect for a daily drive on our cramped urban roads.
hydraulicsteer is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 11:24   #497
Senior - BHPian

Remote start operation is possible in manual cars and is not uncommon in foreign shores - though they are after-market fitments (In 'hot hot Dubai' at least). The extreme heat warrants this operation and the car is cooled a good, 5-10 mins before you get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
can't they just implement the feature and also add a safety mechanism wherein it will only start if the gear is in neutral?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 11:41   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Autocar review of the Venue is out
Their 0-100 timing seems to be off a bit, it will probably do at least sub 13 second runs on good surface and ideal setting like tyre pressure.

If their timing is right, then diesel wouldn't be a good option, except for the FE part.
Old 26th May 2019, 12:11   #499
BHPian

I am curious to know how the 1.2 venue is like to drive and how the base models look as there are no reports or test drive of those.Even the 1.0 manual test drive review is expected.Hyundai has surely caught my attention
Old 26th May 2019, 13:58   #500
Bee
BHPian

Venu & Brezza posing together.

IMO the venue does not look sub-par at all (as opposed to a few posts on the forum). From most of the angles it rather seems to have more presence than the brezza. And the dimensions too don't look that tiny so as to call it a 'hatch on stilts'. The venue fits nicely in the csuv segment instead.

Now the interior space may be a whole different ballpark but the exterior certainly ticks the right boxes.

Image courtesy - CARTOQ
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenuemarutibrezza1.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenuemarutibrezza3.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenuemarutibrezza5.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenuemarutibrezza4.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venuebrezzarear.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-hyundaivenuemarutibrezza2.jpg  

Bee is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 14:30   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteshbids View Post
I'm sure that they can. But having a sensor to identify neutral in an H gate transmission (the ones used in cars) is a lot more complicated than in a sequential transmission (used in motor bikes). The usual method to identify the gear for display in the MID in cars is based on back calculation of engine speed and vehicle speed ratios rather than using sensors.

Secondly, it is always a good practice to park manual transmission cars in gear ALONG with the hand brake to add a failsafe. Enabling what you suggest would be a way of the company to discourage the practice.

BTW, just curious, why is this feature so important that is absence is a deal breaker for you? I frankly am not a fan of this feature as this would be a feature to add additional pollution when not even using the car. It would also introduce am additional way for tech savvy thieves to hack into the signals and maybe drive away with the car.
First of all, the part you said about thieves is true, I do think it is a problem but it's really really hot here now, and even though monsoon is near, there is no respite from that heat, and I'm pretty sure it will be that way for some time to come. Wouldn't it be cool to be able to start the car from inside the home, let it chill, and when I get in, it would be very comfortable.

But I guess that doesn't really matter now, as I'm getting reports from friends that the 1.4 is lacklustre to drive in the venue. I can suffer one con - reduced interior space, but two cons - interior space and average engine? Nope. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere for something in my budget.
Old 26th May 2019, 15:01   #502
Senior - BHPian

Found this video of the Venue S variant on Youtube:

PS. Ignore the music
self_driven is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 15:14   #503
BHPian

I am happy to inform that I took another test drive today (third day consecutively), this time with my 5 family members (including 1 child) and the SA - so 6 in total. We are not exactly lean people but still managed to sit comfortably in the rear seat with the child on the middle-seated adult's lap. So the rear seat capacity is not a bother for me atleast. Moreover the adult behind me could sit comfortably with my best driving position (maximum seat height adjusted and seat pushed back for my comfort). Since we reached the showroom by 9.45 a.m., we (the early birds) got to drive additional time since the test drive vehicle (MT Diesel) needed to be refuelled! I even deliberately drove it at high speed over some deep potholes on the road in front of my office and the suspension seemed fine on most except one, which caused a loud 'bang' sound. I guess I will need to be a bit more careful on craters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
After pre-booking the Venue DCT in the start of May, I finally got a chance to test drive the car. After the drive, I decided to proceed the purchase, and should be getting the car before the 31st.

After eventually being able to spend some time with the car, I think I'll be able to give a real-world report about a lot of the concerns we've been having on this thread. Let's hope this isn't an expensive mistake
I also booked the car today after being satisfied with 3 test drives. I am sure we (you & I and others who are going ahead) have made the right decision and since you will be able to spend time with yours earlier than mine, I will look forward to hearing your report. Don't worry, I am sure that we will swim (and not 'sink') together in going ahead with the purchase. By the way, I admire your excellent decision to book this early on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
The confirmation form sent by dealers to whoever booked for further filling in notes the waiting period as 12-16 weeks, at least in Hyderabad.

I wonder if the July date holds.
I have been given a timeframe of 6-8 weeks in Gurgaon and there is likelihood of earlier delivery since some pre-launch bookings have changes in variants and Hyundai treats these at par with new bookings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
The angle of the picture is totally unjustified for the Venue . This perspective makes the side cars look huge in comparison (more particularly how wide they look), whereas, Creta and Venue have a difference of just 1cm in their widths
You've hit the nail on the head. I have seen the 2 cars in the showroom for last 3 days and it is very different from the stance in the picture. The picture of the test drive vehicle which I took (please see post #493 on this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4594412 (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs) makes me smile whenever I look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Such a wonderful stance(better than the Brezza of course)spoilt by a lacklustre rear design. What would have cost Hyundai to give elongated tail lamps like those of i20,Kona. Would have made the rear appear wider than it is. These Renegade type tail lights make it look chopped. I believe a smart rear spoiler should accentuate the rear look. Nevertheless this car is perfect for a daily drive on our cramped urban roads.
I am with you on this and wish the rear had more character! The car is just perfect for daily drives on our cramped (and choked) roads as well easy to park in tight situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Venu & Brezza posing together.

IMO the venue does not look sub-par at all (as opposed to a few posts on the forum). From most of the angles it rather seems to have more presence than the brezza. And the dimensions too don't look that tiny so as to call it a 'hatch on stilts'. The venue fits nicely in the csuv segment instead.

Now the interior space may be a whole different ballpark but the exterior certainly ticks the right boxes.

Image courtesy - CARTOQ
True Most angles (except the rear) make the Venue very appealing and slots perfectly in C-SUV segment!
CarStruck is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 18:47   #504
BANNED

Though awaiting delivery of the Jazz, decided to have a look at the Venue. The showroom was Popular Hyundai on NH bypass, Ernakulam. No TD vehicle was available. (As on 25 May) Though the Venue looks great, felt that Jazz was roomier. And nothing to regret buying the Jazz.

But not sure if this would have been the decision if we had seen the Venue earlier.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 26th May 2019 at 18:50.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 21:23   #505
BHPian

Went and saw Venue today at the Hyundai dealer in Cochin
Dealership was very cooperative
The TD cars ve not been registered yet, could not take her out for a spin
Looks promising

Has good road presence when seen in flesh. Chunky tyres look good
Interior room and head room is average. The steering feels very small and the front glass looks small. You feel a bit claustrophobic inside, my wifey who drives a celerio felt that the front glass is too close for comfort. The roof was quite low and for a six footer like me, there is only half an inch to one inch clearance above my head. The seats were a bit too soft for my liking, something which a good leather cover can compensate. Seat squab was wide enough to accomodate me, though still way behind the s cross seats which I am used to. Finding a good driving position is easy, thanks to the effective mechanical seat height adjustment. Steering can only be adjusted for reach, which is surprising. Omission of rear wash wipe is criminal in such a car.

Waiting for the TD of the DCT 1.0 which I am interested in. According to the SA 50% of enquiries in Cochin are for the 1.0 l petrol variant, automatic more than manual. Fingers crossed for the TD sometime next week.
Old 26th May 2019, 22:06   #506

Though many of the members already had a taste of the car, in our town this mini SUV launched just yesterday. Luckily had a chance to be present there along with a short test drive of the 1.4 SX(o) Diesel variant. Thanks to the very courteous SA team here at SN Hyundai, Malda. Here are my two cents,

Looks & Features

Goods :

• The design is fresh an eye-catching and it looks a good deal for
whom, who want upgradation from the smaller cars, just like me.
• Interior space seems to be just adequate, i20 plus.
• Air conditioning is good, even better with the rear AC vents.
• Fit and finish are of top-notch quality, will definitely outsell many of the
competitors.
• The boot is also adequate for a small family trip.

Not so goods :

• Rear wiper and washer seem to be a premium feature rather than a
the necessity to the Hyundai.
• Rear seat shoulder room is on a narrower side.
• It is very irritating to see a lesser sized spare wheel nowadays and
sadly no consumer is protesting.

Driving the car with 1.4L Diesel

Goods :

• Super refined engine with excellent NVH control.
• Very linear power delivery.
• Ride quality is on the stiffer side, good for the highway.
• Driving in traffic is made very easy with the super light steering.
• High-speed stability is good. (tested up to 100 kmph)

Not so goods :

• Turbo lag is very prominent, especially at lower RPM.
• Very light steering with mediocre feedback is a bit annoying during
highway driving.
• Rear seat passengers are always aware of the road beneath.

Note: There were not many curves to test the cornering ability and body roll.
DrRC83 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 22:23   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Their 0-100 timing seems to be off a bit, it will probably do at least sub 13 second runs on good surface and ideal setting like tyre pressure.

If their timing is right, then diesel wouldn't be a good option, except for the FE part.
I just test drove the 1.4 diesel at trident Hyundai. It's definitely not a lackluster and I seriously doubt 16sec 0-100 times. It was really good and peppy enough to drive around 12 sec to reach on ORR at afternoon. I would scale it like this .. if i20 diesel is 10 and creta 1.4 is 1, this combo falls around 7-8. Cannot compare with 1.0 turbo as the manual version is not available.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 22:58   #508
Senior - BHPian

Is the Venue on the same platform as the i20? I'm wondering if this car will score better on NCAP tests than the i20 managed.
Old 26th May 2019, 23:23   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
But not sure if this would have been the decision if we had seen the Venue earlier.
Well I had exact same thought seeing the pricing. However after seeing the car in person, those were brushed off. I found the cabin rear space tighter than even the i20 , let alone the Jazz. The all black cabin felt inferior to i20. Purely personal opinion.

SX+ is the variant to go for in automatics and that's around 14L. That's 30% more than what I paid for the Jazz VX CVT.

Quoting my previous post where I shared the initial impression after visiting the showroom yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Was at Honda showroom today for my Jazz's first service. After the price declaration of Venue, I had a small doubt in my mind, if I should have waited one more month before spending ~10.6L on the Jazz
The cartoq pictures make it look almost at par with Brezza which is a good thing, however in showroom it did feel kinda i20 size (slightly raised)

Last edited by SoumenD : 26th May 2019 at 23:31.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 23:24   #510
srh
BHPian

I happened to see a Venue at a Hyundai showroom. Looked to be a competitor to the Ignis. It is fairly small and interior room is certainly lesser than the Brezza or Nexon. I think that Hyundai has priced it over optimistically. May not be a blockbuster like the Creta. This may do volumes similar to the Verna; placed third or fourth in the company of similar priced competitors.
srh is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks