Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2019, 17:32   #556
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
I feel the images are distorted to make Venue look bigger than the Brezza.
Even I am confused by looking at images of the Venue against Brezza and Ecosport. The Venue's front looks much better and fresh in these pictures than it appears in the showroom next to cars such as i20 and Santro.

In the third last picture of post #545, the Creta looks much larger than the white Venue even considering that there's a good distance between them. It's hard to digest that the Creta is 2.5 cm taller and just 1 cm wider at least from these pictures.

Could it be due to a variation in the way these dimensions are measured (say, including or excluding ORVMs, or roof rails)?

Last edited by self_driven : 28th May 2019 at 17:37.
Old 28th May 2019, 20:16   #557

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Couple of pros that got missed out on Nexon
Ride quality. Better than most in the segment. Only wrv in more compliant.
Fantastic music system. It competes with cars a segment higher in term of audio quality and output
Not to mention its 5 Star Safety rating, however somehow its not going to matter against the charm of a sunroof.
parag.agrawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 20:50   #558
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-162279.jpg

Once the launch price is increased, this is the car(XUV300) Venue needs to compete against!

Just going with the trend of posting comparison pics

Last edited by Samurai : 28th May 2019 at 21:02. Reason: resized the pic
giri1.8 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 22:18   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Once the launch price is increased, this is the car(XUV300) Venue needs to compete against!

Thats rather cheeky and well done! Brings out a point though, pictures sometimes are very deceptive and cannot be the only source of comparisons. Nothing beats real time experience and obviously a good thorough team bhp review.

Lot of statements about the Brezza, Nexon being much bigger vehicles etc. And how the Venue looks so close to the Santro and all that. Well, park a Brezza next to the new Wagon R and you would be surprised! All of these sub compact SUVs are not the kind of size they pretend to be. May be the Venue is short on rear space, and some customers will see thru this. Other may overlook this. But that does not make Brezza or Nexon far bigger than what they are.

On the other hand, Hyundai should have done better. I have said this before, they had a chance to look hard and long at all the predecessors in this segment. They should have at least matched the space being offered by competition. No excuses there.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2019 at 00:10. Reason: compacted quoted post
motorworks is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th May 2019, 22:21   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
May be out of the topic here, but the XUV300 actually looks a lot more premium than the Jeep here. No wonder its selling in huge number even though its expensive.
Old 28th May 2019, 23:46   #561
BHPian

After reading so many contradictory opinions about the interior space, I just wanted to see Venue in person. So went to popular Hyundai, Thrissur to see Venue for real. The display vehicle was Denim blue 1.0 MT SX (O). Below are my observations with respect to my height of 5 ft 7 in.
  • Did not feel space is less for my height. Only my brother is taller than me at 6 ft, and I checked the legroom at the rear with 6 ft tall SA in front seat. No problems!
  • Nice seating position. I checked with seat height at the lowest possible position, and I could still see the bonnet. At the highest position, no issues with headroom.
  • Lots of usable storage spaces. The open space near the passenger side can hold two mobile phones without slipping out.
  • Rear can seat 3 people from my family with comfort, but the centre seating position was a bit awkward without anything to hold on to. Having no middle headrest makes it bad.
  • Boot is spacious and has a very usable layout.
  • Build quality is good. Not as much as EcoSport though. The bonnet feels really heavy.
  • Reasonable underbody protection for the petrol engine. Impressive because petrols are usually not treated like this by other manufacturers. I hope diesel also comes with one.

There was no diesel model to checkout. The test drive vehicle was 1.0 DCT. I had a very short test-drive as the vehicle was not yet registered. It was my first time driving a DCT. I had driven other versions in Wagon R, Ciaz and Amaze.

Shifts were perceptible at the lower gears.

The turbo lag was also noticable, especially if you drive with a moderate heavy foot.

The engine was eager to revv, could reach 80 kmph easily in manual mode.

The entire test drive was on the highway and the ride was good for that stretch. It is stiff and I cannot comment how it will be on potholes and bumps.

Having driver rear view monitor may help to some extent where rear wash and wipe is absent.

Attaching the pricelist. I think it will be more or less same for entire Kerala.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190528_170622_12.jpg  

knightrider_7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 02:56   #562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Here's EVO's first drive review. The guy seems happy!

https://evoindia.com/hyundai-venue-first-test-drive/
Wow! For 1.0 Turbo petrol, EVO India mentions a 0-100 time of just over 10 seconds and Auto car India mentions 12.58 seconds in their review
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-412833

Last edited by sahilkhurana : 29th May 2019 at 02:59. Reason: Clarity
Old 29th May 2019, 07:50   #563
BHPian

Honestly the Venue didn't feel like a 10 second car. I'm pretty sure they're ballpark figures that they felt rather than measured.
Old 29th May 2019, 07:55   #564
Distinguished - BHPian

The King Vs the Challenger!

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-d7syitsxsaomgv7.jpg
Link

This view is where Venue shows its size,

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Link1

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th May 2019 at 08:11.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 10:19   #565
BHPian

Last Friday, I was driving in the streets of Kolkata when a Venue went past me. Initially, looking at the back I mistook it to be a Creta (quite similar in structure, also I didn't expect a Venue on the streets so soon). But then, that large central badging and the Turbo badge on the right helped me realize my mistake. The car unquestionably has the SUV look and Hyundai has kept to its philosophy of giving its SUVs the conventional styling. Having said that, it is compact and will easily nip in and out of the city traffic. First impression - looked pretty good, hope it drives the same way.
Old 29th May 2019, 10:38   #566
BHPian

I have a question for fellow BHPians here. Since Ecosport is being sought as the better option over Venue, have you guys considered the fact that the Ford may exit market?
It is a rumour of course (strong one) but enough to make you uneasy about buying the car. https://www.indiatimes.com/auto/curr...ra-365200.html

I was put forth this question when I was speaking to a friend and I told him I really liked the car. (1.5 AT)
Old 29th May 2019, 11:39   #567
BHPian

First Drive Review of Venue from CarDekho. Looks like the competition is with Brezza and XUV300. Hyundai doesn't want to mess with Ecosport and Nexon. I used to like CarDekho reviews but this one is not that great. Paid review? Because when you talk about Diesel engine, you have to compare it with Nexon and Ecosport. And when it comes to space, Nexon has to be mentioned, right?

Also, according to reviewer, we can feel small potholes and unevenness on road but the suspension is better on bigger potholes. Well, what kind of suspension is that? Can anyone who drove Venue can shade some light on this?
HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:17   #568
BHPian

Stepping aside from the initial euphoria for a while, and zooming out the brain a little one can easily conclude that a Creta (4+ segment) makes much more sense than a Venue (4- segment)

1. Space
There are none hiding the fact that Venue is strictly a 4 seater. A comfortable 4 seater,only if the passenger height ranges below 5”8. Any proportions taller will be a squeeze. Also a fifth passenger is a strict no-no, blame the centre hump, those A/C vents or the lesser interior width. Mind you a Honda Jazz at 1.69 m wide felt roomier than 1.77m wide Venue. Also it feels narrower to drive, completely lacks that big car ( wide dashboard)feel even when compared to the immediate competition.

2. Engine
Since the market is and will tilt toward petrols let’s talk about the drool worthy 1.0 GDI. Many GT TSI lovers might disagree but i will stick to the old school saying, “when it comes to engines there is no substitute to CCs”. A 3 pot motor ,howsoever advanced the mechanics are will reasonably be less refined than the 4 cylinders. Also smaller engines rotates faster as compared to larger ones at same vehicle speed resulting the smaller one being in more stress always. Neither good for engine longevity nor for fuel efficiency. A great engine role model is the 1.5l iVtec from Honda, has all what an engine should have.

3. Transmission
DCTs have been notorious. Today almost all manufacturers are dealing with reliability issues in DCT with their mass market offerings (Ford was never too optimistic about theirs and VWs DSG is always in news for wrong). Don’t know how Hyundai will fair with their DCT.

4. Price
For around INR 13 lacs, what one gets in a Venue is an i20ish space and engine combo(1.0 GDI i20 is available for quiet long in other markets), height of a Santro and a rear painfully resembling the grandi10.

This was my evaluation as a buyer who is looking for a purchase within next 3 months. Rest to each his own. Venue is already a success in India. Wishing happy miles to the folks awaiting deliveries of their Venues.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 29th May 2019 at 12:28.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 12:50   #569
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted the Venue outside a dealership today in Cochin. It definitely looks smaller than I expected. Its a mini Creta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Need help guys

Not so impressed with the Venue

Venue turbo petrol DCT(11.1L)
VS
New Ecosport petrol TC auto(11.36)
VS
Preowned city petrol CVT (12L-15k done )
VS
Preowned Creta 1.6 petrol TC auto (14L-15k done)
VS
Preowned Jazz auto(7L-15k done)
VS
Preowned Corolla Petrol CVT(14L)

This is for my dad who is 70 years young.
City run 30 to 35 kms per day

Thank you
Among those options, I would pick the Jazz petrol automatic for two reasons
- Its an absolute fill it, shut it, forget it car. Ive done 26,000 kms on my Jazz CVT and its the type of car you can just not worry about over the years. Mileage in city is around 10-11 kmpl (worst of Bangalore peak traffic) and at least 1 - 2 kmpl higher in lighter traffic and with a light foot. Its easy to drive and doesnt have the head bobbing motion that the AMT gearboxes come with.
- You save a lot of money compared to the other options you listed. That can be invested in financial instruments.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2019, 17:14   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhd92 View Post
I have a question for fellow BHPians here. Since Ecosport is being sought as the better option over Venue, have you guys considered the fact that the Ford may exit market?
Ecosport is a popular model and with the new engines, I don’t see it getting axed anytime soon. If they do replace the Diesel engine (i.e., instead of axing the diesel variant due to BSVI norms), they’ll use the Mahindra 1.5 that does duty in the Marazzo and XUV 300 (assuming due to the impending JV between the two companies), the petrol with the dragon will still continue to sell. For anyone who intends to keep the car for more than 5 years, resale makes little difference. Mechanically, ecosport is simple and repairs and spares shouldn’t be an issue, as ford has been consistently selling ~5k units per month. They’ll take care of the spares and service issue.
The most important bit is that no car comes close to the ecosport when it comes to driving fun. I think that’s the reason why it’ll continue to sell and even the Mahindra ford jv will keep selling it. The two ford vehicles that sell considerably in the market are the ecosport and the endeavour (considerably being relative to their respective segments).
bled_soul is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks