Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2019, 13:45   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Why most of the Venue reviews (barring few) looks like paid one?

Engine is not great, space is at premium, variant vs features are messed up, price is high, and looks small. Waiting for TBHP review!
Latheesh is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 14:44   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post

Need a TD to confirm whether this suits me. Im a diesel head after living with diesel for ~7 years, N/A petrol to me feels lethargic hope Turbo petrol will not disappoint.
It felt very lethargic to me. If you have a good diesel, you might feel it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Overdrive guys said that the Venue is fun at corners and the only segment competitor that comes close is the MS Brezza! What were they smoking?
It’s time overdrive lost its credibility even among the commoners. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
May be a Magenta coloured 66 mm×166 mm piece of Paper with Gandhiji on it

Even i was surprised to hear this. How comfortably have they ignored the Eco-sport. And being a Nexon owner i can say that it is also pretty good (thanks to its wider track?).
Very well said about the rolled magenta piece of paper. Lol.. if they had said that it’s a good handler like the ecosport, I’d have bought it. Because the way it felt to me, I think it’d be a bit better than the ecosport in the corners, as it’s a lot stiffer (to me). But I didn’t corner in it so I can’t comment. For city drives, the suspension surely is very very stiff (even more so for a Hyundai).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Engine is not great, space is at premium, variant vs features are messed up, price is high, and looks small. Waiting for TBHP review!
Probably cuz they are paid reviews. This was a lesson for me to never trust these reviews blindly. While I was abroad, the reviews almost made me confirm my booking with the SA. But I thought I’ll wait for a couple days more, now that I have waited for more than a month already; and I am glad I did.
Old 31st May 2019, 15:03   #588
Senior - BHPian

Only in India can a manufacturer sell a hatchback on stilts and label it an SUV, and ask more than ten lacs for it.

Sigh!

From the genuine reviews, it seems DCT is a big disappointment too, specially considering driveablity in city traffic. Another question mark for me is, the long term reliability of DCT.
DCEite is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 15:06   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Only in India can a manufacturer sell a hatchback on stilts and label it an SUV, and ask more than ten lacs for it.

Sigh!

From the genuine reviews, it seems DCT is a big disappointment too, specially considering driveablity in city traffic. Another question mark for me is, the long term reliability of DCT.
Agree with the case of WRV, BRV and the likes...
But Venue is internationally sold as compact SUV.
Old 31st May 2019, 15:40   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
But Venue is internationally sold as compact SUV.
The global version of Venue is bigger than the one being sold in India though.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 15:44   #591
BHPian

Quote:
From the genuine reviews, it seems DCT is a big disappointment too, specially considering driveablity in city traffic.
Faisal Khan's review highlights the DCT lag quite clearly... especially because he always floors the throttle

Per my opinion, it's a good car to drive in the city because you're mostly ambling at slow speeds and you don't really have instant power demands. Only occasionally you get into an open stretch and try to floor the throttle. Not many would drive that way in the city anyways.

He didn't talk much about the suspension and ride quality. Only complained about the dead steering and the expected body roll. I personally felt the suspension was too stiff to my liking - car rattles and sways on bad roads - more like the original Ecosport that I currently drive.
saisrujan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 17:28   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Overdrive guys said that the Venue is fun at corners and the only segment competitor that comes close is the MS Brezza! What were they smoking?
I am sure they must have drove the Brezza sports edition where the stickering increased the handling and power significantly

Nothing against the car, but nowadays reviewer folks would say anything while on a video.
sandx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 17:49   #593
BHPian

Quote:

Sigh!
Whether we like it or not, but CSUVs (Many like Venue and Ecosport sell internationally too) can go pretty much anywhere where a 2WD Duster, Hexa or Compass can go. If not for the lower ground clearance, even my good old Chevy Beat can go there.

For all practical purposes, a raised hatchback is a Compact SUV.

Last edited by Nav-i-gator : 31st May 2019 at 17:50.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 23:36   #594
BHPian

So here are key points I would like to share from my diesel Venues test drive.
1. I visited showroom at 6.30 pm, but that space was bustling with activity.
2. Diesel nvh were good. Road noise was negligible. Horn has a nice tone but it was quite audible inside.
3. I was not able to find a comfortable driving position even after struggling for 5 min.
4. I found middle elbow rest too high and was not able to use it.
5. Outside visibility from driver seat is poor, may be because of high window line.
6. Glovebox is too low in the dashboard to use it comfortably.
7. Maintaining pure black interiors can also be nightmare. There were shoe scratches on glovebox lid of this new car.
8. General ride seem to be good, but sharp undulation send a loud thud in cabin.
9. S variant fix rear seat headrest provide good support.
10. Boot shape is quite useable, Boot lid closed with a cheap clang.
11. While discussing on road price, SA was cooperative in waiving off optional charges from the price like essential kit, handling charges etc. Now that was totally unexpected as hyundai has the hottest car of the moment with them.
12. They even offered me petrol 1.0 sx from their current inventory. I should say that I am impressed.
This is coming from a person who was made to pay 20k more for additional accessory at the time of ecosport delivery 6 years back.
13. After venues test drive, I drove my ecosport and It still feels fresh. I dont know where those 95000 kms have gone.

Conclusion-
- venue seems to be missed oppurtunity from hyundai.
- But hyundai sales team and their strategy is best in the business.
- ecosport as a product success would have been different, if it had a different brand on its nose.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 01:47   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post

Absolutely my thoughts!! Most seem glaringly contradictory with opinions of Bhpians. And I totally and completely trust the views on this forum against any outside reviewers.

In many cases you could see rear space being cramped, but the reviewers just ignored it or unusually hurried along.That's when I felt something is damn fishy. Also with the engine and DCT performance, reviewers were raving. Whereas many have felt the turbo lag and DCT shifting is a bad combo.

If I were looking at this car, would actually check it in detail with multiple test drives before finalizing. When I saw one on the roads it looked good, like a baby Creta. But with cramped space, lackluster engine, missing features I still believe Hyundai have slightly overpriced this and will get away with it due to the looks.
Old 1st June 2019, 09:46   #596
Senior - BHPian

Motorbeam presenter's video clearly show that Venue's GDI and DCT combo is nowhere close to Polo GT TSI! How can one have 120Bhp and struggle to overtake.

Hope the manual GDI is better! Venue will sell well no doubt, but they need to keep the prices low to stay in the game, they were just lucky with Creta's pricing.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 13:43   #597
BHPian

Looks like everyone is not liking the Venue. I can see mostly negative about the car but everyone is certain sales will be high.
I personally like the Venue. But I feel it's not so bad given the alternatives available in the market. I myself own the launch version Ecosport btw. The Venue seems like a proper city rider especially with the DCT in bumper to bumper traffic. It's small, nimble and rev happy in the mid-range(low-end lag is typical of turbo petrols and yeah I don't like that). Test drove it the other day. With their connected features, build quality, sunroof in the DCT Auto box petrol I guess it would tick everyone's requirement list. The ride is a little stiff but when you drive spiritedly that stiff ride helps the car behave better than any of the other Hyundai products. True it's not matching the Ecosport in the drive but the Ecosport is running in its last generation and the new 2020 is gonna be different in & out. Whereas the Venue is on an all-new design language which will be soon seen in the Creta and other cars due for an update.
Polo TSI is definitely a better car to drive but that's about it. It looks the same from the time it was launched and the interiors are boring and it's not like everyone drives always on sports mode throughout, besides its a proper hot hatchback. Features wise it falls behind even the Nexon, XUV and Ecosport.
So new gen cars which are actually competing are the XUV 300 and Venue. This is just my opinion which I am posting. No hard feelings to any of my fellow Bhpians. This is just my viewpoint if I were to purchase a car in this segment.

Last edited by deepjaju : 1st June 2019 at 13:44.
deepjaju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 14:59   #598
BHPian

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

NDTVs carandbike, YouTube review, says the new design language of the Venue from Hyundai is, and I kid you not, Sensuous Sportiness!!
What does that even mean??

Last edited by ValarMorghulis : 1st June 2019 at 15:00.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 16:12   #599
Senior - BHPian

Seating of both front and back is alto
'ish no way anywhere near Brezza, Nexon or ecosport. You will definetly feel like sitting in Alto, 800. Did not even think to test drive.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 16:41   #600
BHPian

Taking Delivery of the SX+ DCT today
I have my UPSC tomorrow, will be able to drive the car properly tomorrow.
Attaching some pics. Decided to go with Silver like all my other cars. It is a safe color and light scratches don't show.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-3fb3a9f3c2114b2fb20b37b412ff7818.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-8f2b1d932ac44951903fafc383ea3e08.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-a5a72dffc7fd4919be09e0d979129b36.jpg  

Bimmer_Sage is offline   (26) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks