Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2019, 15:52   #631
VVN
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
So while chatting with my mom yesterday, I learnt that they’re probably booking the petrol Venue.
This was a classic. I can totally relate to the Math issues . You have to give it to Hyundai for their awe inspiring strategy (Sarcasm) when it comes to variants. I am sure the decision makers laugh out loud when they come up with variants and the feature list.

Thank you for making my day. It was turning out to be a very dull Monday.
VVN is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 16:06   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
does the Venue feel correctly priced or overpriced?
Speaking specifically about the DCT here - it is overpriced. It would have been perfect to offer the DCT at the top SX(O) level at the current price, but Hyundai skimped on some items that would typically be taken for granted at this price-point in this segment - the side and curtain airbags.

But then if you're looking for a compact auto-transmission vehicle with a high seating position, there's a shortage of good choices.
  • Ecosport AT could have been a good choice if Ford hadn't pulled out of the Indian market and hadn't panicked by removing Sync 3
  • Nexon's's looks are polarizing, and there are fit and finish and switchgear issues
  • Brezza's AMT didn't impress - again the AMT is slow
If there's any other option in this segment, let me know!

Had XUV300 offered a good automatic, the playing field would have been way different, and Hyundai would've priced its AT better. Because of poor options from competition and increase in demand for compact SUVs with auto-transmission, Venue will probably outsell the AT variants of the competition.

Venue crossed 20k bookings, and a whopping 30% of them are for DCTs. Assuming some cancellations, at least 6000 DCT units will be on the road in a few months. Hope Hyundai tested it well in our stop-and-go traffic. We'd be bummed if the transmission overheats and the car asks for a pitstop

Looking for more ownership reports, and most importantly; the official review.
saisrujan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:53   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
Personally I feel that speedo console on the SX diesel trim spoils the premium looks of the Venue. I don't mind the lack of push button start or the rear vipers, but a proper MID is a must for otherwise good looking interiors.
In fact the speedo console with those round scoops on the SX variant was one of the reasons I did not go for the Venue, the higher variants were out of my budget anyway. I always wanted a MID where I could see a car manifest itself as an animation in there and I got that in the EcoSport, plus the chrome rings look classy. Additionally, with discounts the Titanium petrol variant is coming at a lesser amount than the equivalent Venue variant with rear wiper and arm rests as well. I don’t get a sunroof and cruise control but that wasn’t a necessity. The big car feel is sorely missed, however the Venue is a newer car and quite all right if anyone wants to go ahead. Its going to be a high seller anyway.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-e83ff76428774502811cfe1707a9b5e1.jpeg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-84638cdabeca4f72b99c1af01953b472.jpeg
sandx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:19   #634
BHPian

I just got delivery of my Denim Blue SX+ DCT on Friday.
Been driving the car for almost 3 days now. Really like the ease of the Auto transmission. It is just so damn convenient and the car is a favorite with my wife & kid especially the huge Infotainment screen & the sunroof. The sunroof is clearly a welcome feature to brighten up the interior in an otherwise tightly packed car. I really feel the interior space in terms of leg room is as good as the ecosport, which I own, but the headroom is comparatively quite less and that is the major reason for the car looking cramped in the inside. It's perfect for a 4 seater just like the other competitors in this segment and definitely a tight squeeze for 5 people.
The DCT is quite nice to live with. When driven spiritedly the car responds very well. My cousin who owns a Verna petrol felt the pulling power is more in the Venue. Similarly, when driven sedately the car responds in the same sedate way. It's not quite balanced when we mix the two styles of driving. There is evident turbo lag and I feel its due to the transmission. It is tuned in such that it takes a fraction of a second to respond. That can definitely be taken into habit easily though. But the shifts are lightning fast and you won't know when the gears change. The manual should have comparatively low lag.
The interior design & quality is really top notch and makes u feel special for a car of this segment. The alloys look stunning and the headlights are quite bright but I will change it to the white color temperature after some time of use.
deepjaju is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 19:20   #635
BHPian

I hope the folks at Hyundai read this. Wonder why they fumble over such small things and not provide a true top of the line auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyencar View Post
So while chatting with my mom yesterday, I learnt that they’re probably booking the petrol Venue. Out of curiosity I went online in the evening to see what features are available on each variant and ended my day with PTSD. Allow me to elaborate.
BTW, why do Hyundai dealers force you to buy the insurance from them? It comes to nearly twice from what Policybazaar tells you and no NCB either.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd June 2019 at 21:27. Reason: Posts merged. Quote trimmed. Excessive dots removed.
Old 3rd June 2019, 19:35   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
BTW, why do Hyundai dealers force you to buy the insurance from them? It comes to nearly twice from what Policybazaar tells you and no NCB either.
Because selling insurance gets them a hefty commission in the range of 20 to 40% of the premium value. Apart from this, they charge handling/logistics charge and what not under various headings.

Last edited by aah78 : 3rd June 2019 at 21:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:43   #637
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukund View Post
Autocar reviews the 1.0 MT & BlueLink
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Z08NKQ38Ksg
Although Renuka calls it the "enthusiast's version of the Venue" at first, the adjectives used from then on do not sound very enthusiastic. Below are actual verbatim statements she makes!

"The engine is not at its best below 200 rpm, you have to wait on the power"
"It feels 'quite' strong after 2000 rpm"
"I felt the lag more in the city limits",
"It responds better to gentler prodding of the throttle"
"I would have liked a little more feedback from the steering"
"It has no sharp, fun-to-drive Ecosport like handling"

I am really amazed how they deliver a headline message so contradictory to the line item level details! It takes quite some art to be an autocar reviewer! 😊

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 3rd June 2019 at 21:45.
84.monsoon is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 21:55   #638
BHPian

7000 dealer dispatches within 10 days, quite a feat in a slow market.

Source:

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...factory/34022/

Related thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...jobs-lost.html (Slowdown bites hard: 205 dealers shut down, Rs 2000 crore losses & 3000 jobs lost)

Last edited by sandx : 3rd June 2019 at 21:58.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 22:13   #639
Senior - BHPian

Did a brief TD of the Venue 1.0GDI-Turbo/DCT. It drives well and easy to punt around. Not much lag. Ride is good up front but in the rear one get's tossed around a bit (nothing that can't be sorted out by reducing the tyre pressure a bit): did the TD in the by lanes and broken roads behind and around the HMP, Chennai. The front seats and space is pretty comfy, seats hug you: perfectly bolstered. The rear ingress/egress is a bit tight and strictly a 4 seater and can be compared to the Grand i10 or even less. Boot's got sufficient space. The engine is peppy and has enough oomph. The best choice if one were to penny pinch would be the 1.0 turbo S (DCT) its ₹ 935000 (ex-S) translates to an OTR of ₹ 1071582, where as the SX + is ₹ 1110500 (ex-S) translates to 1336803 OTR. What you miss out is the connected stuff and a 2 DIN sound system instead of a touchscreen one. Steel wheels, 195/65R15, manual a/c, no sunroof, only halogen lamps. But you get the Hill Assist Control, VSM and ESC, ABS EBD, dual airbags. One gets to save ₹ 265221. one gets a peppy car with most of the safety features of the SX+DCT with some features that in my opinion isn't all that essential. My opinion it will hit the sweet spot with the buyers with it's novelty and connected stuff and essentially isn't a bad car. I haven't done a TD or sat in the Ecosport or Brezza. On the looks: Front will polarize opinions, rest is safe and not too offensive, it's compact dimensions will endear it with owners in the urban environs.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 3rd June 2019 at 22:21.
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 11:54   #640
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is Venue's booking pattern:

- Venue's 1.0 petrol DCT variant is now accounting for just over 35 per cent of all bookings

- The 1.0 GDI turbo petrol engine gets almost 50 per cent of demand coming for it.

- The 1.2 Kappa petrol is the least popular

Quote:
The Korean company's first subcompact SUV in India has now seen bookings get close to 25,000 units
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th June 2019 at 11:56.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 12:31   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Because selling insurance gets them a hefty commission in the range of 20 to 40% of the premium value. Apart from this, they charge handling/logistics charge and what not under various headings.
Has anyone managed to wriggle out of this insurance squeeze?? Looks a bit atrocious to pay more than twice esp with no NCB transfer
Old 4th June 2019, 13:41   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- Venue's 1.0 petrol DCT variant is now accounting for just over 35 per cent of all bookings
So, target customers are OK to shell out 1 to 1.5 lac premium for auto-transmission. Which means that the demand for AT vehicles is rising and customer base isn't very price sensitive. It's good that Venue chose to offer the expensive DCT instead of a cheap AMT. Their gamble seems to be paying off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
- The 1.0 GDI turbo petrol engine gets almost 50 per cent of demand coming for it.
- The 1.2 Kappa petrol is the least popular
1.0 turbo gets 50%, diesel gets 40%, so I'm guessing 1.2 Kappa got 10% demand.

The difference in pricing between the 1.0 GDI and 1.2 Kappa is more than 1.1 lac OTR. The difference between 1.2 Kappa and equivalent diesel is more than 1.4 lac OTR.

Price sensitivity seems to be high only when it comes to demanding side and curtain airbags!

Last edited by saisrujan : 4th June 2019 at 13:42. Reason: fixed grammar
saisrujan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 14:52   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
So, target customers are OK to shell out 1 to 1.5 lac premium for auto-transmission. Which means that the demand for AT vehicles is rising and customer base isn't very price sensitive. It's good that Venue chose to offer the expensive DCT instead of a cheap AMT. Their gamble seems to be paying off.

1.0 turbo gets 50%, diesel gets 40%, so I'm guessing 1.2 Kappa got 10% demand.

The difference in pricing between the 1.0 GDI and 1.2 Kappa is more than 1.1 lac OTR. The difference between 1.2 Kappa and equivalent diesel is more than 1.4 lac OTR.

Price sensitivity seems to be high only when it comes to demanding side and curtain airbags!
Is it or is it just that Hyundai is assuming that? They should have offered that option here in Venue. However, I do believe they will release an AT variant with 6 airbags like how the Verna does.
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 16:19   #644
BANNED

Just returned after a test drive of Venue DCT

Positives
- Well built
- Good visibility
- Smooth gear shifts
- Better steering when compared to other Hyundai's
- Good ride quality
- Good brakes

Negatives
- Engine gets vocal at high rpms, too loud!
- Not spacious at the rear
- Not a corner craver
- No top end ( 6 airbags, rear wiper and wash, dual tone missing )

Coming from Aspire automatic, the Venue felt better in most aspects except for space and the steering feedback and handling. When it comes to outright acceleration, Aspire trumps the Venue. The Venue gets tall seating position ( although Aspire has high seating ), the controls all fall within your reach.

The engine starting note is fine with no undue loudness. Once you start off, the gear shifts aren't noticeable and smooth, unlike Aspire, where you get occasional jerks ( mind you it's occasional ) and you will reach legal speeds in no time. The suspension is better that mild undulations aren't felt inside the cabin, but it's not as good as say the Nexon. Chuck the car into a corner, the body roll is felt and it's not in the leagues of Ford's, but better than the other Hyundai's.

The steering is light to hold and weighs better at higher speeds, again better than the siblings, but below that of Nexon and Ecosport. It's not as lifeless as some mentioned ( we own an first generation Figo and Aspire ). There is mild bobbling at the rear, nothing alarming like the Verna. The rear space is good for 2 adults and a child and the knee room is just adequate for people upto 5'10. The boot is good enough for the segment and the head room is also ok for a 6 footer like me. The seats are comfortable, but here again Nexon is better.

To conclude the Venue is a good city car with an occasional highway drive thrown in. The infotainment and other features all make it a good modern car. It would be ideal for a family of four, not for the enthusiastic folks. At ₹ 13 lakh , it's not value for money. I'm tempted to buy it, but will wait for the Kia Seltos .
The Rationalist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th June 2019, 20:55   #645
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai Venue closes on the segment leader in its First month of dispatch. Maruti is likely to unleash its petrol variant anytime soon.

Ford EcoSport loses its second spot and seems an uphill task of jump back to #2,

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th June 2019 at 20:58.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed