Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2019, 00:09   #646
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

So, Venue indeed made its presence felt in the first month of its launch and had an impact such that the Brezza has hit its lowest sales month!!! However, on the contrary, XUV300 sales have picked up and crossed 5K sales and positioned itself in the 3rd place, after the launch of Venue, comfortably.

Nexon is also doing quite good based on the recent GNCAP rating of 5 star. And that leaves Ecosport, once 2nd in the segment, moving down to 5th position. Hope the new 'Thunder' provide some thundering sales to the compact SUV.
Old 5th June 2019, 07:53   #647
BHPian

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-compactsuvsalesmay2019brezzavenuenexon.jpg

Source : Rushlane
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 08:32   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Clearly it is Brezza that is taking the heat from the Venue and it was much needed and deserved beating. Still could not fathom how MS managed such high sales of Brezza for so long with just one primitive diesel engine on offer. They never even bothered to upgrade the Brezza, no proper facelift was ever talked about. Competition is doing wonders for the customer and is a nightmare for companies like MS who are slow in gauging what a customer exactly wants in addition to good after sales service.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 08:53   #649
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
So after a long wait of close to a month, I picked up my silver Venue DCT SX+ today.

My previous car was a Honda City iVtec automatic which I've been driving for 9 years now, so all the impressions/ opinions that I have of the Venue, are going to primarily be made with the Honda in mind.

:
First of all, congratulations mate.
There's only a handful of things which can give one the same levels of excitement and joy as buying a new car does.

Have you driven the new Honda City CVT. If yes, which experience would you rate better, the Venue or the City CVT?
Old 5th June 2019, 09:22   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu809 View Post
First of all, congratulations mate.
There's only a handful of things which can give one the same levels of excitement and joy as buying a new car does.

Have you driven the new Honda City CVT. If yes, which experience would you rate better, the Venue or the City CVT?
Thanks Himanshu!

I drove the Honda City CVT a few months back. The car is definitely more upmarket than the Venue, and I was prepared to buy it. Though I felt that it was incrementally better than the 3rd Gen City in every metric, the CVT completely put me off.

I drove the Civic recently as well, and came to the conclusion that the CVT isn't for me. That's precisely why I didn't delay my purchase to wait for the next gen City, owing to Honda's commitment towards the gearbox.

Another thing I took into consideration while buying the Venue was, spending ~13.5L has given me a completely different experience from my old car. Ride, handling, drivetrain, ride height, overall packaging etc.
Whereas spending equal or more money on the new City wouldn't be that much of a different experience as it's pretty much just the same car (though improved).
KaranP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 09:30   #651
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Thanks Himanshu!

I drove the Honda City CVT a few months back. The car is definitely more upmarket than the Venue, and I was prepared to buy it. Though I felt that it was incrementally better than the 3rd Gen City in every metric, the CVT completely put me off.

I drove the Civic recently as well, and came to the conclusion that the CVT isn't for me. That's precisely why I didn't delay my purchase to wait for the next gen City, owing to Honda's commitment towards the gearbox.

Another thing I took into consideration while buying the Venue was, spending ~13.5L has given me a completely different experience from my old car. Ride, handling, drivetrain, ride height, overall packaging etc.
Whereas spending equal or more money on the new City wouldn't be that much of a different experience as it's pretty much just the same car (though improved).

Yes that's true, you'll get the SUV experience. Venue is a good product with good design and sensible pricing.

What are your opinions about the front grille?

When I drive City CVT, I feel the gearbox is too eager to downshift, did you feel something similar?
Old 5th June 2019, 10:52   #652
Senior - BHPian

With new interiors/spec on its way, a model does take a hit - sales wise. Trade channels and customers know what's coming so they wait. The Company would have turned production down to a trickle as well. Brezza will climb back up after the refresh. I have no doubt Maruti will astound us. The effect they achieved on the DZIRE refresh left me stunned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
Brezza has hit its lowest sales month
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 12:24   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
So, Venue indeed made its presence felt in the first month of its launch and had an impact such that the Brezza has hit its lowest sales month!!! However, on the contrary, XUV300 sales have picked up and crossed 5K sales and positioned itself in the 3rd place, after the launch of Venue, comfortably.

Nexon is also doing quite good based on the recent GNCAP rating of 5 star. And that leaves Ecosport, once 2nd in the segment, moving down to 5th position. Hope the new 'Thunder' provide some thundering sales to the compact SUV.
I was always of the opinion that the Venue would hit Brezza the hardest. There are customers who don't look beyond Maruti/Hyundai, for them the Brezza was the only choice in CUV till now. Now they've got a much better choice in Venue wrt design, feel, features, engine and transmission options.

Nexon/XUV300/EcoSport buyers are looking for something more in terms of driving dynamics and safety features and willing to endure lesser sales/service experiences. Venue may not necessarily dent the other CUVs. As for the EcoSport, all I can say is Ford has dug their own graves with the new changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Clearly it is Brezza that is taking the heat from the Venue and it was much needed and deserved beating.
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 12:53   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
I just got delivery of my Denim Blue SX+ DCT on Friday.
Been driving the car for almost 3 days now. Really like the ease of the Auto transmission. It is just so damn convenient and the car is a favorite with my wife & kid especially the huge Infotainment screen & the sunroof. The sunroof is clearly a welcome feature to brighten up the interior in an otherwise tightly packed car. I really feel the interior space in terms of leg room is as good as the ecosport, which I own, but the headroom is comparatively quite less and that is the major reason for the car looking cramped in the inside. It's perfect for a 4 seater just like the other competitors in this segment and definitely a tight squeeze for 5 people.
The DCT is quite nice to live with. When driven spiritedly the car responds very well. My cousin who owns a Verna petrol felt the pulling power is more in the Venue. Similarly, when driven sedately the car responds in the same sedate way. It's not quite balanced when we mix the two styles of driving. There is evident turbo lag and I feel its due to the transmission. It is tuned in such that it takes a fraction of a second to respond. That can definitely be taken into habit easily though. But the shifts are lightning fast and you won't know when the gears change. The manual should have comparatively low lag.
The interior design & quality is really top notch and makes u feel special for a car of this segment. The alloys look stunning and the headlights are quite bright but I will change it to the white color temperature after some time of use.
Congratulations and welcome to the world of Turbo Petrol + Dual Clutch transmission. Once you drive this combination you'll find it very difficult to drive anything else. My brother owns the Verna petrol automatic and the Venue feels more powerful.

I've booked the same car in the same colour and am waiting with bated breath for their promised date of 15/6/19.
Old 5th June 2019, 12:57   #655
Senior - BHPian

I could be wrong but Venue will hit the i10 top end and i20. I'm keenly watching this space. Reminds me of the time Hyundai flanked i10 and i20 around the super successful Swift. But what Venue has undoubtedly done is shake up the mini-SUV space

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Venue would hit Brezza the hardest
Old 5th June 2019, 13:11   #656
Senior - BHPian

I saw couple of Venues yesterday at dusk near Mandi House circle (driving side by side) and Copernicus Marg (opposite other lane). Both were whites and DCTs. Size wise / road presence not comparable to Nexon, XUV 3oo or Ecosport. But design is good and the DRLS are prominent. Definitely going to sell in huge numbers. Another Creta in making.
Old 5th June 2019, 13:21   #657
BHPian

I checked out the Venue @ HMP, Chennai. Had gone to check for a colleague who was interested in buying.

The Venue exterior design is good. The front with that massive grill gives a good presence when viewed head on but once you come to the side the compact dimensions are evident. The rear is neatly designed and isn't busy like Nexon or XUV300.

The dash layout, material used and the fit and finish are typical Hyundai where one cannot find fault. The front seats were comfortable with enough width but the height is where Venue loses out. I have the driver seat in my Ecosport at it's highest setting and still have about 4 fingers width above my head but in the Venue I had barely any room, my hair was brushing the roofline when I checked out in the passenger seat. I'm 5'11" for reference.

The rear legroom is enough and I felt it was lesser than Ecosport. Getting a 3rd passenger in will make things intimate. The boot is nicely designed and similar to Ecosport.

The massive front grill gives an imposing stance when viewed from the front. This angle exaggerates the dimensions.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124445.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124421.jpg

The compact dimensions are very evident from the side angle unlike the Brezza or Ecosport. You can see the panel gaps and shut lines which are very consistent - Kudos to Hyundai.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124554.jpg

The interior quality, fit and finish are typical Hyundai. You can see the elder sibling ahead and few other stable mates too.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_125823.jpg

The dials are neat and simple. Nothing flashy here. The MID is easy to read even under bright sunlight. This is the 1.0 GDi MT in SX(O) trim.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190529123630.jpg

The S DCT variant.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124717.jpg

The S variant sans the projector headlamps, DRLs & fog lamps.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190529124736.jpg

The S variant gets Hankook tyres, 195/55 R15. Not sure if it's reserved only for DCT.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124747.jpg

Interior of the SDCT variant. Pardon the reflection as it was 12.30 PM under the scorching sun and the SA was unwilling to get the keys. You can see the double DIN stereo set up. Except for the touchscreen & leather steering wheel the S variant is similar to SX (O) visually.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img20190529124402.jpg

Venue in the Deep Forest shade looks classy. This is similar to the black magic shade that came with the erstwhile Lancer. It is green with glitters under bright sunshine and blackish otherwise.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124807.jpg

The S DCT in red and the S MT in deep forest shade.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_131706.jpg

Side by side with the old gen Ertiga. Gives you a perspective.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124651.jpg

Side by side with its stable mate. The Creta was awaiting delivery and I asked the SA to park the Venue next to it. The venue isn't properly aligned with the yellow line and hence couldn't accurately capture the comparison.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124858.jpg
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_124923.jpg

I test drove the 1.0 GDi Turbo MT. It was a very short TD inside the industrial estate. The 1.0GDi moves ahead without a fuss albeit with turbo lag. The lag isn't too much for it to be a bother. I must say that this Turbo engine is the quietest that I have driven (compared to the Ecoboost & the JTP). It doesn't have the vibrations and harshness that is typical of 3 cylinder motors but I didn't check out for a longer duration and I'll leave it to the experts for the final verdict. I felt the ride quality to be the best among the Hyundai and better than the Ecosport as well. The reviews also point out that the handling is pretty good for a Hyundai though that needs to be validated by our review.

Hyundai has hit another gold mine with the Venue for it has everything that the mass market loves especially the sunroof in the SX variant makes it the cheapest car with sunroof (barring the WRV VX petrol). This has forced Ford to remove features from the Titanium + trim and add sunroof to the mix. While I accept the inclusion of sunroof, after all it is one of the biggest selling points these days, I strongly detest the removal of Sync 3 & Cruise control. How can you deprive your best seller of one its USP???

With ~7K dispatches, the Venue is off it a good start and it is roughly equal to the volume lost by Brezza compared to May'18. Is it what we think it is? Is the leader truly challenged now? Well the next few months will give us better insights. I except MSIL to come out with the 1.5 ltr petrol Brezza soon as a counter measure as the Brezza IMO is the only uninspiring product in the CSUV segment, be it design, engines or interior quality.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th June 2019 at 13:48.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 14:06   #658
BHPian

Visual comparison - Venue vs XUV 300.

Source: cartoq

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_140114.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_140206.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_140131.jpg

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190605_140147.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 5th June 2019 at 14:08.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 14:23   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
Clearly it is Brezza that is taking the heat from the Venue and it was much needed and deserved beating.
It is not just Brezza which has taken the hit!
Hyundai sold 42502 cars in May 2019.
They also sold 42005 cars in April 2019.
Venue sold 7049 copies in May 2019.
Guess which Hyundai car did Venue cannibalize?
Clearly shows that the package is too attractive for any customers walking in the showroom with their minds set on the hatch.
turbospooler is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 14:28   #660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
It --
Guess which Hyundai car did Venue cannibalize?
--
It has cannibalized Verna, more figures to come...

Verna : 2567 ( May-19) / 2932 ( April-19)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks