Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2019, 14:41   #661
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Turbospooler is talking about hatch (i10, i20) taking the hit. So, If Verna is losing as well, I wasn't expecting that. I get the feeling that these SUVs will tower across segments. How do you sell a hatch/sedan, in front of a mini-SUV (In a country like India)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It has cannibalized Verna
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 16:14   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
It is not just Brezza which has taken the hit!
Hyundai sold 42502 cars in May 2019.
They also sold 42005 cars in April 2019.
Venue sold 7049 copies in May 2019.
Guess which Hyundai car did Venue cannibalize?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Turbospooler is talking about hatch (i10, i20) taking the hit. So, If Verna is losing as well, I wasn't expecting that...
So its mighty SUV too faces the brunt of cannibalization. Now we need to await Elite i20 numbers !

Creta : 9054 (MAY-19) / 10487 ( April-19)

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th June 2019 at 16:15.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 17:01   #663
Senior - BHPian

Now I can understand why they provided a car locator in Blue Link. Soon there will be a sea of Venues in tens of thousands (majority in white) and will be difficult to identify the own one.
myavu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 18:59   #664
BHPian

It's the first time I had a bad experience with Hyundai. Visited their showroom to have a look at Venue as I am considering Nexon top end petrol AMT right now.
Had to wait for a while for someone to attend. Then on asking about test drive I was given an absurd reason that it has gone for accessory fitting so test drive can't be given.

Having a look at the DCT SX+ found it to be expensive by almost 2 Lakh and the S variant is actually equivalent to base variant with almost nothing to offer.

Had a good time seeing the display car, compared to Nexon it does lack space. Nexon seems to have more space. Interior quality of both Nexon and Venue were good.
MID on Venue was better than that offered on Nexon.
Wireless charging, electric sunroof, cruise control, auto headlamps, DCT and the connected things are some features which are extra on Venue as compared to Nexon
shravan2k2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 23:29   #665
Senior - BHPian

Wow! It looks so small on road. Even i20 Active has more presence than Venue. Each of the competitors have way better road presence.
fz_rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 23:36   #666
BHPian

Congrats to the proud owners of the first set of units of Venue. I have some questions, which, I hope you'll cover in your initial ownership reports...
  1. Were you able to work with the dealer on the first year insurance quoted on the price-list? Did you get a better deal online? How about all those miscellaneous charges like registration charges, handling fee etc?
  2. Did the dealer charge you for any accessories (mats, mud-flaps etc) and did the dealer install them? Or did you opt for third-party accessories after taking delivery?
  3. For those who have opted for DCT, did you encounter any worrisome increase in transmission temperature when wading through heavy traffic in hot weather?
  4. How does the climate control hold up in hot weather? Does it cool quickly, does it quiet down quickly enough after reaching optimum temperature?
  5. For those who opted for variants that have blue-link, did you try any of the features? Did you try remote start / cooling? Did you try vehicle diagnostics? Is it stable or does the app feel like a beta release?
Thanks in advance... and here's wishing you many delightful miles in your new car.
saisrujan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 00:23   #667
BHPian

Here's the actual comparo of Venue vs XUV 3oo & Vitara Brezza done by Car&Bike. It shows Venue, XUV 5oo & Brezza side by side. I feel the video will give an clear view of road presence of Venue vs competitors.

Pasting the link below:-

Last edited by Car's Paradise : 6th June 2019 at 00:24.
Car's Paradise is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 12:10   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
So its mighty SUV too faces the brunt of cannibalization. Now we need to await Elite i20 numbers !
And here are the Elite numbers for reference:

Elite i20 : 8958 (May) / 10411 ( April-19)
Old 6th June 2019, 12:30   #669
BHPian

Well. It's comes as a big surprise to me that Creta does more sales than Brezza.
Brezza has been massively hit by the Venue. (Deservedly)
https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-cre...-12312731.html

Last edited by SmartCat : 6th June 2019 at 18:59. Reason: Fixed URL
Old 6th June 2019, 14:08   #670
BHPian

PowerDrift's review of the Venue -

Last edited by The_Outsider! : 6th June 2019 at 14:13.
The_Outsider! is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 16:48   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Congrats to the proud owners of the first set of units of Venue. I have some questions, which, I hope you'll cover in your initial ownership reports...
Thanks a lot for the wishes.

Quote:
  1. Were you able to work with the dealer on the first year insurance quoted on the price-list? Did you get a better deal online? How about all those miscellaneous charges like registration charges, handling fee etc?
  1. I checked the insurance from other sources and other companies offline & online. Found the price to be almost same, just 500 to 1000 bucks lesser than the dealer. Online ones quote quite less but when u match the specs it turns out the same. Handling charges of 3k were charged and a proper bill for the same was given to me. Bhpians say it's illegal. But the dealers don't listen at all.

Quote:
  2. Did the dealer charge you for any accessories (mats, mud-flaps etc) and did the dealer install them? Or did you opt for third-party accessories after taking delivery?
  3. Yeah it was optional for the accessories but I denied. Contrarily another dealer was forcing around 30k worth of accessories compulsorily. Just told him others are not doing it and said goodbye to him. Besides, the dealer didn't have stock of the mats and mudflaps yet. So will see it in person and then buy.

Quote:
  4. For those who have opted for DCT, did you encounter any worrisome increase in transmission temperature when wading through heavy traffic in hot weather?
  5. Nope didn't have any issue regarding that whatsoever.

Quote:
  6. How does the climate control hold up in hot weather? Does it cool quickly, does it quiet down quickly enough after reaching optimum temperature?
  7. The climate control is just superb. Really cools the cabin very quickly and the placement of the vents is such that airflow is not obstructed.

Quote:
  8. For those who opted for variants that have blue-link, did you try any of the features? Did you try remote start / cooling? Did you try vehicle diagnostics? Is it stable or does the app feel like a beta release?
  9. My car just got registered from the RTO. The dealer says Bluelink will be activated only after registration. So did not test this yet.
Thanks in advance... and here's wishing you many delightful miles in your new car.[/quote]
deepjaju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 00:19   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
Wow! It looks so small on road. Even i20 Active has more presence than Venue. Each of the competitors have way better road presence.
Well yes, Venue is quite cosy in terms of space and the black interiors don't help either. (least they could have removed the suffocating plastic in the display car)

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190602_175416-2.jpg

Headroom is adequate on all seats, but there is a general sense of getting squeezed, width and length wise.. Found the sunroof to be a laughable 1 foot wide aperture and the final put off was the lack of rear wipers which my 10 yr old i10 has! The drive is on the firmer side and lacks the sure footed'ness of a SUV.

So, there goes my booking, cancelled it for want of better bang for buck & space.

With Grandi10 having 95k discount this month, i feel Venue too is going to be a tuff sell, once the initial hype goes down.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190602_175206-2.jpg

All in all, a Good car for young owners not having the responsibility of ferrying a hefty family.

Next wait begins for Kia...
Moto$apien is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th June 2019, 00:27   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmig View Post
Has anyone managed to wriggle out of this insurance squeeze?? Looks a bit atrocious to pay more than twice esp with no NCB transfer

Yes, I did when I bought my Creta last year. Simply told them that I won't be buying insurance from them and if that wasn't acceptable to them I would be moving to another dealer. I bought the insurance from my regular insurance co. with the NCB advantage too.
Old 7th June 2019, 04:33   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I managed to check out the Venue in person earlier today. Well, most impressions in this thread are right. It does feel a tad smaller than the Nexon and the Ecosport. And I mean this in terms of Height & Width.

You may want to check out the xuv300. It would (i guess) meet all the criteria you've mentioned. Good interior space and super fun to drive!

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th June 2019 at 04:46. Reason: Trimmed quoted post.
Old 7th June 2019, 09:33   #675
BHPian

I don't want to spark off any rumours or fear mongering but just want to share my observation. Yesterday on the ring road, I saw a Venue stranded in the middle of the road in an awkward location with hazard lights flashing. The car did not move till it went off my sight in the RVM, looked like a break down of a brand new car!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed