Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 21:40   #736
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyadchule View Post
My bad, I should've provided evidence supporting my statement :
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4600521
I stand corrected. Probably makes it easier for you to decide. I'm still scratching my head at all the circus Ford has created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
If you modulate the throttle properly it won't bother at all.
Agree with you here. If the throttle input isn't a deal breaker, I stand by my reading that Venue is a better city car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Now I see why it felt so laggy to you. You drive the TSI+DSG. The sweetest marriage of Engine+Auto transmission of any car in the Indian market.
Hyundai will never be able to get anywhere near that combo. I hear VW's T-Cross will launch with a DSG, but I'm guessing it's going to be positioned at least a segment higher and won't be here until maybe late 2020.
Old 12th June 2019, 10:47   #737
BHPian

I drive the Vento TSI and I love it. This was the main reason I've bought the Venue DCT. I actually liked the engine and gearbox combination. I felt it was way better that the Nexon and Ecosport probably because I like fast gear shifts and turbo petrols. The manual mode in the Venue is pretty good and shifts gears faster than an AMT or a TC. Also for me a turbo feels more enthusiastic to drive than a naturally aspirated motor. The suspension on the Venue also felt more sporty than the Verna's. Other than the Vento I couldn't find a petrol automatic car which was as fun to drive as the Venue below 15 lacs. The Venue's DCT was also better tuned than the older Ford's DCT, I know now that Ford has replaced their DCT in the Ecosport with the TC.

This is however my opinion only as I'm sure some people find linear acceleration more fun than a turbo, or a smooth CVT / TC more fun than a DCT.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 14:40   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieBull76 View Post
Amused to see Evo rate Venue higher than Ecosport in terms of sportiness.
As someone who pitted Venue against Nexon before canceling the Venue booking in favour of the Nexon recently, I am amused by this (these) reviews/comparisons.

According to this video comparison, Nexon is wider, has more space, rides best, handles best, feels planted, has best steering, has best SUV stance & feel, has good build with no rattles and is most VFM.

However the ultimate conclusion is that Venue is the best since Nexon has "too many small quality issues". Were the issues all edited out? - I wish I knew what they were.

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2019 at 18:41. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Glass is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 15:00   #739
BHPian

Today, I checked out the Venue. I would be comparing my observations to my i20 Active.

The visibility from the driver's seat was really good. Although the car does feel narrow inside compared to the i20. Space at the rear was also lesser than the i20, the middle passenger has lesser space because of the rear AC vent. It was just alright. The boot space was good, well shaped too.

Overall quality is decent, typical Hyundai, although some parts like the center armrest felt better on the i20. The steering also felt small and was very very light.

Overall I would say the Ford Ecosport and the Mahindra XUV300 are much better cars. They can compete with C2 sedans but the Venue, it feels more like a small B1 hatchback like i10. There is no character, and no wow factor for the car, but it will still sell well, considering its a Hyundai.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 18:02   #740
BHPian

A video showing BlueLink demo. The car unlocking attempt failed couple of times in this video. As these app based services are network dependent one must be aware that these will execute only when the phone’s and the car’s sim are in proper network coverage. Recently in India network capabilities of almost all operators have become quiet unreliable and with such a kind of network one might not be able to fully utilise the convenience of connected car techs.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 18:21   #741
BHPian

Hi All,
Anybody has real world mileage figures for 1.0 Manual and 1.4 Diesel?
I know it might be a bit early to ask, But I need to decide between the 1.0 and 1.4D soon. And mileage is one of the factors.
Old 12th June 2019, 19:28   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post
As these app based services are network dependent one must be aware that these will execute only when the phone’s and the car’s sim are in proper network coverage. Recently in India network capabilities of almost all operators have become quiet unreliable and with such a kind of network one might not be able to fully utilise the convenience of connected car techs.
Agree. Moreover, most offices/apartment buildings have basement parking and getting coverage in the basement is too darn tricky. Where I park my car, I always have absolutely no network coverage and thus for me, part of this connected tech would always be an unused feature /unrealized 'potential'.
Old 12th June 2019, 19:52   #743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Hi All,
Anybody has real world mileage figures for 1.0 Manual and 1.4 Diesel?
I know it might be a bit early to ask, But I need to decide between the 1.0 and 1.4D soon. And mileage is one of the factors.
The 1.4D on the i20 delivers around 16 to 18kmpl on mixed use. Expect similar figures on the Venue too.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2019, 21:15   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroutlander View Post
Agree. Moreover, most offices/apartment buildings have basement parking and getting coverage in the basement is too darn tricky. Where I park my car, I always have absolutely no network coverage and thus for me, part of this connected tech would always be an unused feature /unrealized 'potential'.

Not to mention its using vodaphone e-sim, having a "wonderful" network in Bangalore. This was actually a dealbreaker for me.
thirumalkumaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 11:09   #745
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video of DCT S variant especially to see how the audio unit and A/C controls look. Second video is about the base E variant.

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 13th June 2019 at 11:12.
RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 11:30   #746
BHPian

The initial euphoria is dying down. Was at a dealership in Mumbai yesterday, depending on the color, you can get one in less than a couple of weeks it seems .. anyone can corroborate that??
Old 14th June 2019, 14:00   #747
Senior - BHPian

I've hardly seen as many cars on road following launch, as Venue. Its a sure shot hit, but I suppose it eat into hatchback space more than CUV space.
Old 14th June 2019, 15:08   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I've hardly seen as many cars on road following launch, as Venue. Its a sure shot hit, but I suppose it eat into hatchback space more than CUV space.
Hmm .. not the same observation here in Mumbai though. This article in cardekho from June 08 seems to suggest that Venue availability in Mumbai is immediate.
https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...-car-23837.htm
Wonder what gives?
Old 14th June 2019, 15:58   #749
BHPian

Hyderabad has a wait times of 2-3 months I believe. Same with Vijayawada.

We inquired for a basic petrol Venue.
Old 14th June 2019, 16:19   #750
BHPian

Bangalore has waiting period of 3 months for DCT SX+. One of my colleague booked this car yesterday and was told that Denim Blue has got more waiting period due to high demand. The sales person refused to take the booking if we wish to take the insurance from outside and also no waiver to handling charges.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks