Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2019, 17:17   #751
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

1.2 NA Petrol and 1.0 Turbo Manual lower variants are easily available in weeks time...
DCT and Higher variants have long waiting periods.. Thats what I heard from the Sales Rep..
The most waited is 1.0 DCT SX+ 3Months quoted.
Old 15th June 2019, 05:55   #752

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirumalkumaran View Post
Hi All,
Anybody has real world mileage figures for 1.0 Manual and 1.4 Diesel?
I know it might be a bit early to ask, But I need to decide between the 1.0 and 1.4D soon. And mileage is one of the factors.
I have been driving the Venue SX+ DCT for 4 days since its delivery on 10th. The findings are based solely on such short experience. I've driven the venue for around 100 KM till now.
The display mileage that I have been getting is around 8-10. The highest i have extracted is 11.5 . Also on Tank to Tank basis, I'll get less than 8-9 .
Also note: Since the car is in break-in period I haven't revved it past 4000 rpm or driven it aggresively.
Nimish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 07:16   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish View Post
I have been driving the Venue SX+ DCT for 4 days since its delivery on 10th.....
The display mileage that I have been getting is around 8-10. The highest i have extracted is 11.5 . Also on Tank to Tank basis, I'll get less than 8-9 .
Looks like really low numbers, Ecosport AT seems to have a better mileage, with CVT transmission, slightly bigger dimension it makes a better case to buy that rather than Venue. In fact even the Duster seems to be cheaper in some variants. Definitely not a value buy and they are milking people like Creta.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 07:36   #754
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Looks like really low numbers, Ecosport AT seems to have a better mileage, with CVT transmission, slightly bigger dimension it makes a better case to buy that rather than Venue.
Definitely not a value buy and they are milking people like Creta.
Hyundai have never made a fuel efficient car in India, so lower fuel efficiency is expected. The herd mentality of car buyers has helped Hyundai to make easy money with fancy features.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th June 2019 at 08:05. Reason: Typo.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 08:36   #755

Quote:
Looks like really low numbers, Ecosport AT seems to have a better mileage, with CVT transmission, slightly bigger dimension it makes a better case to buy that rather than Venue. In fact even the Duster seems to be cheaper in some variants. Definitely not a value buy and they are milking people like Creta.
Just completed the Tank to Tank calculations, they are 7.68 .
Nimish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 09:04   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimish View Post
Just completed the Tank to Tank calculations, they are 7.68 .
Am surprised even by Hyundai's standard yardstick. That is not fuel efficient by any small car/suv standards we Indians live by. But let's see if it improves as you get used to the car and set in a driving pattern. But eitherways, at least from one data point we have (yours) and Hyundai's history with FE, Venue seems to be a guzzler in the auto version.
Old 15th June 2019, 09:19   #757
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai and fuel efficiency don't go hand in hand. We picked up the 800 CC EON way back 2013 looking at an ARAI figure of over 20 KMPL (in City), never got more than 10 KMPL. Same applies to VW cars. If you want mileage, there is only one name and that's Maruti.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 10:38   #758

Re: Hyundai Venue SX+ DCT or Ford Ecosport Tit+ AT ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyadchule View Post
Hello team!

From past few months I am doing alot of reading and test-driving of automatic cars in compact-SUV segment as I am planning to buy one.
So deciding which car to buy is an ongoing process and TeamBHP plays a big part to shape that decision. My initial flexible budget is 12lac on road.

You speak my mind. While reading I felt as if I typed it. I decided to go with the Figo Aspire Titanium AT for the following reasons.
1. Price :
Aspire is the cheapest petrol AT in the market with an excellent performance.
2. Engine+gearbox :
It gets the same 1.5L Ti-VCT + TC gearbox combo as the eco sport in a body which is 220Kgs lighter than ecosport which simply means the power to weight ratio is much better than Ecosport. And all that power is quite evident. It pulls like a gem and it's a different ball game while using the manual mode.
3. Interiors :
I felt the black interiors of ecosport to be claustrophobic compared to the beige interiors and roomy cabin of the Aspire. My wife was extremely happy with Aspire's back seat and the pleasant interiors.
4.Paddle shifters:
I found the paddle shifters on the gear rod of the Aspire to be supremely comfortable ergonomically as compared to the ones on the steering on ecosport.I found myself using the paddle shifters quite frequently on Aspire than Ecosport.

If C-SUVs is not a preference,Aspire is super VFM. Having said that, Ecosport is definitely well built and the handling and the suspension setup is definitely much Superior.As an overall package, Aspire definitely doesn't disappoint.

I drove the Venue at least 3-4 times and i felt it was not as quick as the Aspire/Ecosport. And the back seat was a shocker to me.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th June 2019 at 11:28. Reason: Quoting a long post and pics hampers readability
sailukitta is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 11:03   #759
BHPian

Quote:

Ecosport AT is a Torque converter not a CVT
shravan2k2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 11:44   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
While reading I felt as if I typed it. I decided to go with the Figo Aspire Titanium AT for the following reasons.
You, sir, are a really rare breed. You own one of the most elusive variants of a car in the planet!

Looking forward to your ownership review of the Aspire AT. As you yourself mentioned, it is a real VFM proposition; but Ford seems to have messed it up with its supply chain.

To the others who are looking to book the Venue: Any idea about the S DCT variant's waiting period? Should be significantly lesser than the SX DCT.
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 12:09   #761

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
You, sir, are a really rare breed. You own one of the most elusive variants of a car in the planet!

Looking forward to your ownership review of the Aspire AT. As you yourself mentioned, it is a real VFM proposition; but Ford seems to have messed it up with its supply chain.

To the others who are looking to book the Venue: Any idea about the S DCT variant's waiting period? Should be significantly lesser than the SX DCT.
We don't usually look for all the options in the market and that makes us spend more money at times while not getting what we really need. I think it is that search that made me end up with such a rare car to find which made me jump in joy as i found everything missing in every other car i drove. If time permits take a TD of the Apsire AT and let me know what you felt.
sailukitta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 14:46   #762
BHPian

My earlier review (read that first) - link (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs)

--------------------------------------

I've had the SX+ DCT for 15 days now, and took advantage of this beautiful morning by making a Mumbai - Nashik trip!

So having driven the car for two weeks and ~800km over Day, night, rain, highway, city, ghats, dirt roads etc; here are some of my opinions/ observations on the car till date: (I've already put up a post - #613 for my day 1 impressions)

1. Bumper to bumper driveability still seems to be a bit of a let down.

2. I'm averaging 7-8 km/l in the city. However I averaged 15.3 km/l for the Mumbai to Nashik trip. The eagerness for the gearbox to shift into overdrive gears (6th and 7th) on the highway seems to be really helping the Highway fuel economy figures.

3. Though the steering weighs up at speed, there is absolutely no feel. Also, one major issue I forgot to mention previously is that the steering wheel doesn't point dear center while driving straight, and leans a bit to the right. This seems to be a defect right from the factory and will need to be fixed in the first service. The wheel alignment however is perfect, and the car doesn't pull to either side when you let go off the wheel.
I'm really dreading someone prying open my steering wheel on the first service. Opening up trim pieces almost always guarantees scuff/ pressure marks.

4. Brakes offer good initial bite, but modulation definitely isn't as good as it would've been with all round discs. I might be over cautious, but while slowing down from 100-0 for rumblers on the Mumbai - Nashik highway, I subconsciously downshifted manually to provide the brakes with just a bit more assistance. I kept having this feeling deep down inside that the brakes weren't liking the constant fully-loaded 100-0 stops. The car didn't protest even once, though.

5. Though the suspension compression and rebound damping seems good enough for highway speeds while driving straight ahead, there is noticeable body roll while cornering. Coming from a sedan, the increased body roll is definitely perceivable.

6. Overtaking is absolutely effortless! Despite being a 1 litre engine, I always feel like I have more than enough reserve power. Though the engine + gearbox isn't comfortable below 15kph, it definitely comes into it's own at higher speeds.
I was overtaking full sized german cars at 100 kp/h, all while being below 3500 rpm.
Also, while reports say that the power delivery is liner, I would say it isn't. There's turbo lag upto ~2300rpm, and after the turbo spools up in the midrange, there's a flat spot between ~4250 - 5000 rpm.
The flat spot is really noticable on wide open throttle, when the gearshift from 1st to 2nd lands you from 6500 to 4250rpm. Though the gear shifts almost instantly without any loss of power to the wheels, there is some head-bobbing as the shift lands you right on the flat spot. The engine gets into it's element again between 5000 to 6500rpm.

7. Both the engine and the gearbox are crude on cold start ups. The engine gets upto temperature quickly, but it takes a few minutes for the transmission temperature to come up to normal. The gearshifts are not smooth and are definitely perceivable in the first two bars of transmission temperature. It's all good after that.

8. I initially thought it wouldn't be a big deal, but I'm really disappointed that Hyundai hasn't provided a rear wiper in this variant. Just today, the rear windshield got so dirty in the rain at highway speeds, that I had to get out to wipe it.

9. I use a fully updated OnePlus 6 and music streaming over Bluetooth works perfectly. The issue arises when I try to make a phone call, where I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. There seems to be a bug where the car's mic seems to get disabled when my phone is connected. Voice commands and Bluelink concierge services also don't seem to function when my phone is connected.
The problem goes away when I connect my friends Samsung.

10. The windows rub quite firmly with the door lining and make a squeaking sound while rolling them up or down. This results in so much smudging that I have to wipe the glass from the outside, to have a clear view of the ORVMs. Also, only the driver window switch is backlit, nothing else on the door pad is. The switches feel spongy and the clicks don't provide good reassurance.

11. The absence of rear wheel well cladding isn't really felt on dry and clean roads, but it suddenly becomes apparent when driving on wet roads/ gravel/ unpaved roads etc. This really takes away from the otherwise quiet and refined experience, when you can hear water droplets and stones ricocheting off the steel wheel well.
I thought of using a wheel well or undercarriage spray, but decided against it as I've read reports of expedited rusting after application. Moisture apparently gets trapped between the metal and the liner and eats away at the metal from the inside. What's worse is that you won't know about the rust till you scrape the liner off.

12. The car grabs a LOT of eyeballs, and I've seen almost everyone stare at the DRLs. I've had at least 5 instances where people have come up to either compliment, ask me what car it was, ask for the price range etc.
Moreover, I think the car piques interest as people seem to know that it is priced within reach of most working professionals.

So these are pretty much my impressions of the car and the ownership experience, two weeks in. Do let me know if any of you have any questions in particular. I'll be more than happy to answer.

Last edited by GTO : 16th June 2019 at 13:38. Reason: Adding link to your earlier view - thanks for sharing :)
KaranP is offline   (66) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 15:05   #763
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Karan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
Also, one major issue I forgot to mention previously is that the steering wheel doesn't point dear center while driving straight, and leans a bit to the right. This seems to be a defect right from the factory and will need to be fixed in the first service. The wheel alignment however is perfect, and the car doesn't pull to either side when you let go off the wheel. I'm really dreading someone prying open my steering wheel on the first service. Opening up trim pieces almost always guarantees scuff/ pressure marks.
You cannot fix this by opening the steering wheel and putting it back in. If you do that, the steering wheel will then lean to the left! The "off center" steering problem can be fixed at any competent wheel alignment center.
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ck-to-mechanic
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 16:30   #764
BHPian

I suppose, The car does have a rear view camera which is active while driving in the front gears.

Last edited by Sirvoicar : 15th June 2019 at 16:33.
Sirvoicar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 21:13   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
I suppose, The car does have a rear view camera which is active while driving in the front gears.
Rear view camera can be activated. However, not sure about video quality while driving in heavy rains.The rear wiper would have been effective here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks