Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2019, 01:21   #766
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Hello fellow BHPians,
So I have lived with a DCT SX+ for 2 weeks now. Have done 600 Kms. I do not mind the car. I bought it for city usage mostly. I live in a hilly city with flat stretches as well.
I was very excited to get the car. I also own a BMW 320d. I would have really really loved the venue had I not been exposed to premium german cars. With that out of the way for the price point I do not think there are any major shortcomings in the venue. The 80 km and 120 km speed warnings are not that intrusive, if you like your music moderately loud you will not notice the chimes. I was not happy with the speakers so I got the front speaker and tweeter replaced and installed two new speakers on the parcel tray.
The Air Con is usual Hyundai. The ride is comfortable for the most part. It is really smooth both on the highway and city. I get around 10 km per liter in the city but the terrain is hilly. If driven without any misbehaving it should give above 15 on the highway.
Connected car part works, I am not going to use most features except remote HVAC function. It does get looks but thats probably because its new. Soon it is going to be as abundant as there are species of insects. For me Cabin space is not a problem. I like the size as it is very easy to manoeuvre through city traffic.
Do not care much for the air purifier. Like the cornering lights, they are bright enough.
I tried cornering it at high speeds but then they were very high speeds only german cars can handle so it got a little shaky. I really do not want to compare it to german cars as this car costs only 8.5 lakhs if you deduct the GST and road tax. The fact they are giving so much in a reasonable price is good enough for me.
I would be happy to answer any questions.
Thank you and happy and safe driving to you all.
Bimmer_Sage is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 13:55   #767
Senior - BHPian

Any views on the DCT from people who have experience of the VW and Ford implementations.

How effective are the headlights?

AC - effective in Indian summer? For rear seat passengers?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 16th June 2019, 17:32   #768
BHPian

Trying hard to get my Venue booking money (made on Hyundai website) back from Talwar Hyundai Hyderabad. Emailed them many times and then emailed and called Hyundai customer care too with no response - quite unprofessional of Hyundai.

Anyone managed to get money back from a canceled booking?
Old 16th June 2019, 18:44   #769
BHPian

If anyone is looking for petrol automatic in CSUV segment with premium features, it is going to be tough to decide between Venue SX+ DCT and Ford Ecosport T+ AT. Both have almost same on road price.

Ecosport T+ AT advantage(features that are not in Venue DCT): 6 air bags, +10 mm ground clearance, no turbo lag(naturally aspirated petrol engine), pedal shifter, 60:40 rear seat split, Brake Assist, rear wiper, alloy spare wheel, Telescopic steering, centre arm rest, +7 litres fuel tank, better steering feedback and better driving experience(subjective).

Venue SX+ DCT advantage(not in Ecosport AT): SunRoof, Rear AC vents, Air Purifier(may matter a lot for people in polluted cities), Bluelink, better 'on paper' mileage(+3 km/l), wireless phone charging, boot door opens in better way.

Any other advantages of either car over other? rear shoulder room is almost same in both as per reviews.

In my view, Ford Ecosport T+ AT should be a clear winner but still due to Hyundai's Badge, Venue SX+ DCT is going to be sold much more than Ford Ecosport T+ AT.
SahilS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 18:57   #770
Senior - BHPian

I believe Hyundai's low mileage claim is overrated. We have owned notorious Hyundais Santro & i20s in our extended family (only petrol) & none claimed poor mileage as people here claim.

We have owned 4 Santros for 4-5 lakh Kms (aggregate) over 10 years for (either as single or beater car) & the mileage in general was around 14kmpl in city with mixed AC use.

The i20 that my brother owns & I have regular access to gets 12kmpl in South Delhi/ NCR traffic with AC. The only trick is to keep it between 1500-2000 rpm. But it's a heavy car as compared to Swift (diesel) that I had access to for few days.

Enough of rant

Coming to Venue DCT... it's a 120bhp vehicle with fat tyres. If you start enjoying the power (than using it judiciously) both these factors don't help. These are the situations where a relaxed bigger engine on a lighter shell is better than a frantically working smaller turbo engine.

There are few people who have claimed 15 kmpl at speeds around 100. Which again is comparable to vehicles in class (120bhp). If one drives at 90 this could go to 16 IMO.

Summing up I would say Power Corrupts, but the Buddha attains Zen.
CARDEEP is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 19:19   #771
BHPian

I've had and been enjoying the SX+ DCT for the past couple of weeks. For existing Hyundai owners, I have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to lock and unlock the car without the horn sounding? It should be possible as when you lock it from the app, it does so silently.
2. Is the ORVM closing function on locking the car an added accessory? What's the cost?
3. This is perhaps not answerable but it would be great to be able to turn off the 80 and 120kmph chimes. Has anyone found a solution yet? (please excuse from the 'slow down' argument, as the issue here is from a different viewpoint)

Otherwise this is the new segment benchmark, make no mistake, any competition with a 6-7 year old design does not stand a chance. Their discounts and next generation plans tell the true story. I wholeheartedly recommend this vehicle in either the 1.0 or 1.4 diesel guise.
ashnd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 20:03   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
Is there a way to lock and unlock the car without the horn sounding? It should be possible as when you lock it from the app, it does so silently.
Try this. It works on my friend's top-end Creta while locking the car :

Before you press the lock button, make sure the driver's door is open and key is with you. The system will lock all doors without any sound (only blinkers will flash) after which you can push and close the driver's door normally.

Doing this everytime is not very convenient though.
self_driven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2019, 22:00   #773
BHPian

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Took a test drive of Ecosport T+ AT and venue DCT SX+ back to back one after the other.
Found the Ecosport interiors really bland, even though I like all black as I drive the igen i20 but Ecosport interiors were just bland.
Venue on the other looked better on the inside the plastics and the look was way better than Ecosport.

Drive of Ecosport was very stiff and I wasn't expecting good ride quality from Venue being a Hyundai and my first hand experience with i20. But boy it was a total change from Hyundai's boat like ride quality. Ecosport were not bad either.
These 3 cylinder engines are really noisy when revved hard. Both Ecosport and Venue were loud and were nosier than my diesel i20.
I did not like the audio quality of the infotainment system of Ecosport as it lacked clarity. If I rank the infotainment of Nexon, Ecosport and venue - Nexon has the best sound quality followed by Venue.
DCT seemed more FE when driven with a light foot as i was on 7th gear at a speed of 60 km. But it can't be ascertained with a short drive.

Last edited by shravan2k2 : 16th June 2019 at 22:02.
shravan2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 11:43   #774
Team-BHP Support

I saw the car in the flesh over the weekend. Overall seemed impressive. My only grouch with the variants is that the AT top of the line cannot be had with 60:40 split seats and 6 airbags if you wanted.

On the design front it all works well for me except the grill. I simply didn't like the smoked out chrome honeycomb grill and it looked just a bit garish to me. I prefer what they have on the other cars like the Creta.

Curious to see how a Hyundai DCT drives. More notes when I actually get a TD.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th June 2019 at 11:48.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 13:48   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Sage View Post
Hello fellow BHPians,
So I have lived with a DCT SX+ for 2 weeks now...
Congrats on the purchase. Happy miles to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
My earlier review (read that first) - link (Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs)

9. I use a fully updated OnePlus 6 and music streaming over Bluetooth works perfectly. The issue arises when I try to make a phone call, where I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. There seems to be a bug where the car's mic seems to get disabled when my phone is connected. Voice commands and Bluelink concierge services also don't seem to function when my phone is connected.
The problem goes away when I connect my friends Samsung.
Congrats Karan and thanks for the wonderful ownership experience.
I too had faced this same issue of the microphone not working. It was a bug that made the microphone mute. Even the bluelink couldn't hear my voice. The dealer took the car to the regional office of Hyundai and got it fixed. Apparently, mine was the 2nd car with the same issue noted by the dealer.

Also can both you guys suggest me some good car mats for the car along with pictures if you are using. Some of my friends are saying to put a liner first and then the regular car mats. But I feel it will become too bulky. Any suggestions, please ?
Also have you guys put on car seats separately. Is it required because the stock one is fabric?
Have you guys a fix for storing your sunglasses? Its a bummer there is no holder.

Last edited by deepjaju : 17th June 2019 at 14:00.
Old 17th June 2019, 14:02   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
If anyone is looking for petrol automatic in CSUV segment with premium features, it is going to be tough to decide between Venue SX+ DCT and Ford Ecosport T+ AT. Both have almost same on road price.

Ecosport T+ AT advantage(features that are not in Venue DCT): 6 air bags, +10 mm ground clearance, no turbo lag(naturally aspirated petrol engine), pedal shifter, 60:40 rear seat split, Brake Assist, rear wiper, alloy spare wheel, Telescopic steering, centre arm rest, +7 litres fuel tank, better steering feedback and better driving experience(subjective).

Venue SX+ DCT advantage(not in Ecosport AT): SunRoof, Rear AC vents, Air Purifier(may matter a lot for people in polluted cities), Bluelink, better 'on paper' mileage(+3 km/l), wireless phone charging, boot door opens in better way.

Any other advantages of either car over other? rear shoulder room is almost same in both as per reviews.

In my view, Ford Ecosport T+ AT should be a clear winner but still due to Hyundai's Badge, Venue SX+ DCT is going to be sold much more than Ford Ecosport T+ AT.
I have had my share of bad experience with T+ AT (Tyre bursts with the earlier low profile tyres). However, few things have clearly stood out for me

1. Service: I have had A++ experience both in Bangalore and now in Gurgaon. When i went back to Ford with the recurring tyre burst issues, they got involved at a senior leadership level.
2. Service cost: I am yet to take for the 10k+ service but what I found out was it was drastically lower than Creta's - not sure how this would compare against the Venue
3. Build quality: Let me assure you after owning the Audi S3 for 2 years - this is a tank! I never knew getting out of the car could be a satisfying experience but I really love the sound these doors make while closing
4. Engine: I hated it initially for the low power (no turbo) and low FE in Bangalore (around 8). However, I have sort of mastered it in terms of the throttle push and the gear it is in. Till the point you are operating between 2-2.5k RPM, this engine will not let you down. I tried S mode once while handling a medical emergency and I was surprised by this car
5. Ride quality: Yes its harsh, but it has its own charm while cruising.

I would strongly suggest not getting distracted by features that are irrelevant. Example: Cruise control, sunroof, wireless charging, etc. Stick to the ones that make a difference - Rear AC con, 6 airbags. Both are great cars but my money will be on a ford (in future too!)

PS: I was parking the car inside a mall and a Venue with LED lights was approaching me. The driver was all grinning till he saw EcoSports LEDs in action

Last edited by kanishka88 : 17th June 2019 at 14:03. Reason: Update
kanishka88 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 15:12   #777
BHPian

Quote:
no turbo lag(naturally aspirated petrol engine)
+1...Bigger 1.5 ltr engine vs 1.0 ltr engine which will be relatively less stressed under same driving conditions. No need to follow idling rule.

Quote:
TC vs DCT - TC is more reliable than DCT.

Ecosport is taller and hence has more than enough headroom vs enough headroom in Venue plus I found Ecosport to be a little more spacious.

Service costs for Ecosport will be cheaper.

Ecosport feels better built.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 16:27   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Trying hard to get my Venue booking money (made on Hyundai website) back from Talwar Hyundai Hyderabad. Anyone managed to get money back from a canceled booking?
That's very disappointing. I had booked offline much before the official bookings started via Kun United, Hyderabad. And paid ₹ 50,000/. But, I got a cheque for the entire money without any deduction within 5 days of me intimating them that I intended to cancel my booking. I had to drop-in to the showroom and fill a form along with my ID proof and a cancelled cheque leaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnd View Post
1. Is there a way to lock and unlock the car without the horn sounding? It should be possible as when you lock it from the app, it does so silently.
I own a top-end Creta from 2018. I have been looking for this feature too as it could be enabled/ disabled in my old Santro Zing(~ 2005) too. But, unfortunately, I could not find a solution.

However, this is what I do, after all the doors are closed, I just press the 'Request' sensor on the driver side door and it locks the car without the beep.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 17:11   #779
BHPian

Hi Guys

Wanted to pose a question to current or past Hyundai owners regarding insurance. I have booked the Venue DCTSX+.

The dealership in question has told me it is compulsory to purchase insurance from them. I was surprised at this rule because as per them its a 'Hyundai' policy which I am not buying because they did not really say yes to give it in writing.

However, I called another dealership and they have told me the same. Apparently they have some auto portal that have to use.

Is this true? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Old 17th June 2019, 17:11   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
I believe Hyundai's low mileage claim is overrated. We have owned notorious Hyundais Santro & i20s in our extended family (only petrol) & none claimed poor mileage as people here claim.
I have owned 2 Santros and the mileage for both hovered around 11-12 kmpl. I still own a i10 AT and that could only manage a 9-10 kmpl regardless of how you drive it. So the Venue may be no different.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks