Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2019, 17:23   #781
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhd92 View Post

However, I called another dealership and they have told me the same. Apparently they have some auto portal that have to use.

Is this true? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Everyone does and especially for a vehicle that's in good demand. They know that they will get 10 other customers willing to take in-house insurance in case you cancel your booking.

Ask them to give this in writing or else say you will contact Hyundai India. I have contacted Hyundai India before (regarding service feedback) and they are prompt in taking strict corrective actions against dealers.
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 18:02   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

Last weekend filmed the Hyundai Venue 1L DCT & here are some screenshots from my upcoming video review;

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1560774693431.jpg

:Thumbs up
karan561 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 18:21   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

Wanted to pose a question to current or past Hyundai owners regarding insurance. I have booked the Venue DCTSX+.

The dealership in question has told me it is compulsory to purchase insurance from them. I was surprised at this rule because as per them its a 'Hyundai' policy which I am not buying because they did not really say yes to give it in writing.

However, I called another dealership and they have told me the same. Apparently they have some auto portal that have to use.

Is this true? Has anyone else faced this issue?
Nope, not at all true. Insurance you can buy from outside. Tell each of the dealers that the other dealer is giving the option to take insurance from outside.
Old 17th June 2019, 20:34   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass View Post
Trying hard to get my Venue booking money (made on Hyundai website)
Same case here. Cancelled on June 5th. Had given bank account number and IFSC code for online refund. Still no sign of refund after many follow-ups. Dealer is MCP Hyundai, Kunnamkulam.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 20:39   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
Same case here. Cancelled on June 5th. Had given bank account number and IFSC code for online refund. Still no sign of refund after many follow-ups. Dealer is MCP Hyundai, Kunnamkulam.
Got on a conference with Customer Care + Regional Office + Dealer today

The concerned dealer person from refunds called after a few hours saying the cheque will be issued in 5 days latest. Will wait and see.
I cancelled on 5-June too, so the wait is long!

Last edited by Glass : 17th June 2019 at 20:40.
Glass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 10:48   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys

The dealership in question has told me it is compulsory to purchase insurance from them. I was surprised at this rule because as per them its a 'Hyundai' policy which I am not buying because they did not really say yes to give it in writing.
I cannot specifically speak for this particular case at the Hyundai Showroom. But, on checking at Coverfox and PolicyBazaar, I do see that they have a process to purchase insurance for a new car.

https://www.coverfox.com/car-insuran...=FALLBACK_MAKE

https://ci.policybazaar.com/?utm_exp...ontent=home_v4

And I do see Hyundai as one of the options. Its beats me asto how that can be claimed. I do agree that in the unfortunate incident of a claim, its easier to get the claim(s) processed if we go with the showroom for insurance. By easier, I mean it probably saves 3-4 hrs as in many cases pre-authorization from the insurance company may not be needed. They take photos and start work.

My recommendation is that you reach out to Hyundai Customer care and get a clarification on this.
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 11:36   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Everyone does and especially for a vehicle that's in good demand. They know that they will get 10 other customers willing to take in-house insurance in case you cancel your booking.

Ask them to give this in writing or else say you will contact Hyundai India. I have contacted Hyundai India before (regarding service feedback) and they are prompt in taking strict corrective actions against dealers.
Thanks for the suggestion Naveen.
Have put forward a complaint online as 'Pre-Sales Feedback'. Lets see how they reply.

However, what kind of practice is this? Car Dealers are insurance agents too now? Just sell the damn car and move on. This is just petty and spoils the brand's name.
Have been quoted 40K for the insurance thought I am sure I can get a better deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
I cannot specifically speak for this particular case at the Hyundai Showroom. But, on checking at Coverfox and PolicyBazaar, I do see that they have a process to purchase insurance for a new car.
===========
My recommendation is that you reach out to Hyundai Customer care and get a clarification on this.
Thanks for the info Kalyan. Yes. It is true you can buy it online as well.
So basically you pay more for convenience and that convenience is not guaranteed as dealerships can be lethargic as well when it comes to this.

Have sent a mail to Hyundai. Lets see how they respond. This is the first time I have reached out to Hyundai so may be it will give me a taste of their customer service as well.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th June 2019 at 14:10. Reason: Back to back posts
adhd92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 14:18   #788
BHPian

First official post! I know I'm late to the party but hey- Better late than never.

So I'm in the market for a new car and I'm looking at the sub-4m Compact SUV segment. I had shortlisted Hyundai Venue and Ford Ecosport. My father was never a fan of Ford vehicles for a long time because of their poor(and absolutely wrong) market perception and also primarily because he hadn't driven one! So anyway, we went for the TD of both the Venue and the Ecosport and the following was my experience:

1. The Venue looked very small in person, but mind you- it is actually as big and wide as the Ecosport on the inside. I don't know if it's the exterior look or the all black interiors, it definitely looks small until you actually sit in it for yourself!
The Ecosport has been here for a long time, and I needn't tell you how it looks on the outside and the inside. It is a tad bit narrower than the Venue but it doesn't show.

2. The seating position in the Venue is high enough to give you a very clear view of the road ahead. The edges of the bonnet are visible and you will easily know where your car ends, providing good confidence for easy manoeuvring in the city traffic.
The Ecosport on the other hand offered an even higher seating position and it was very confidence inspiring! But the bonnet isn't as visible as in the Venue and you will have to let your judgement take the call (as with most cars- this really isn't a problem but I thought I'd mention it anyway). The notorious A-Pillar wasn't as intrusive as many have mentioned, but I'm sure a short TD is not sufficient for me to judge it.

3. The steering on the Venue was as light as a feather at parking speeds. I could steer with just my little finger! It weighed up decently at higher speeds, not as much as I would have liked it to. I couldn't cross 70kmph, so I don't know how it feels on highway speeds. The steering feedback was definitely better than what an i20 or even a Creta offers!
The steering on the Ecosport was perfect! Pretty light at low speeds and it weighed up to my liking at higher speeds- very confidence inspiring. Also, it offered better feedback than Venue.

4. My Venue's TD car was a 1.0 turbo petrol and I must say, Hyundai has done a very commendable job with the new engine. There is a turbo lag, but once you're in the zone, you wouldn't believe that it was a 1L engine working under the hood! And since the view was very clear (as I mentioned before, I could clearly see where the car ends in the front), I could find myself confidently zipping through traffic at relatively higher speeds though it was the first time I drove it.
I drove the Ecosport with the 1.5L dragon engine at first, and I was really impressed with it. But after having driven the Hyundai's turbocharged petrol, I wanted more. Once you drive a turbocharged petrol engine, it's hard to be content with a naturally aspirated one! So I asked for a TD of the very famous 1.0L EcoBoost engine, and oh boy was it gooood! The power delivery was very linear for a turbocharged engine and it was very rev-happy. And the 6-speed manual offered me great control over the engine speed so that I could easily work around the turbo lag. This was my favourite engine, but the Hyundai's 1.0L GTDi isn't far behind. The reliability of the Hyundai's 1.0L turbo isn't known, only time will tell. EcoBoost has aged tremendously well in the older cars, definitely a reliable engine.

5. The dealer had only the DCT version of the Venue 1.0 turbo petrol. I'm not a fan of automatics and I would've loved to test the manual SX 1.0 turbo petrol, but alas. The gear shifts were smooth, especially the upshifts. You would hardly notice them happening, but it was a little hesitant to downshift. The turbo lag was evident at low engine speeds, which can be worked around if it was a manual transmission. But overall, it was very drive-able is gonna be the first preference for automatic-lovers.
The EcoBoost came in with a 6-speed manual that I'd prefer over an automatic, so my opinion is biased here.

6. The clutch of the Ecosport was very light. You wouldn't feel much discomfort even after hours in bumper to bumper traffic.

7. The suspension of both the vehicles seemed to be similar- stiff at low speeds and does what it supposed to do at higher speeds. I wouldn't call either of them as uncomfortable even on bad roads at low speeds.

8. The braking again was very good on either of the vehicles. I didn't get to test the hard braking in the venue, but I did on the Ecosport. Very decent braking power and ABD ans EBD works well to bring the car to a stop in the same lane.

9. The FE on charts between the two cars ar every similar though I am forced to believe that the EcoBoost would offer better FE than Venue's 1.0L turbo given Hyundai's reputation for FE.

10. Now on the features- since I would be going for a manual transmission, the Bluelink was nothing but a gimmick to me. The only feature of the Bluelink that I could see myself using is the automatic starting of the engine and the air con but that's only available with the DCT variant and the manual misses out on it. You do get wireless charging and rear air con vents, but again, I can easily live without them. The infotainment system on both the Venue and the Ecosport were at par. But if I had to choose one, I would choose the SYNC3 that comes with the Ecosport since I got to spend more time with it and I really liked the ease of use and response. The Tyre Pressure Monitoring System on the Ecosport was a very helpful addition, one that's not a gimmick according to me.
Otherwise, both the cars offer more or less the same features which are very adequate.

For your reference, my experience is based on the test drives of both the cars, but the test drive scenarios were very different. The Venue TD happened on a moderately busy road with traffic pile ups here and there. The Ecosport TD was done on a mostly empty road where I could drive freely without much hindrance from traffic. I know it's not the same, but we gotta do with what we have!

You won't go wrong with either of the cars.

I'm not as enthusiastic as most people on this forum, so please excuse me for my simple experience and the non-usage of jargon. My judgement may be wrong in a few places, but I've tried my best to give an honest feedback.

PS I've booked my Ecosport S with the EcoBoost engine. Expecting it to be delivered next week!
pavanth is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 15:58   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
PS I've booked my Ecosport S with the EcoBoost engine. Expecting it to be delivered next week!
Thanks for this post and Congrats for the booking.
I want to know your view about why didn't you consider diesel option of Ecosport? On road price gap between diesel and petrol variant is just INR 60,000 which can be easily recovered in 5 years even for a user whose monthly drive is 600 km. Plus you'll get even more torque with diesel one.

I'm asking this because I'm about to book but confused between petrol and diesel of Ecosport S. My monthly usage is about 1200 km. Took TD of both and I'm fine with both of them.
SahilS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 16:56   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SahilS View Post
Thanks for this post and Congrats for the booking.
Thank you!

Quote:
I want to know your view about why didn't you consider diesel option of Ecosport? On road price gap between diesel and petrol variant is just INR 60,000 which can be easily recovered in 5 years even for a user whose monthly drive is 600 km. Plus you'll get even more torque with diesel one.

I'm asking this because I'm about to book but confused between petrol and diesel of Ecosport S.
I've been driving a petrol Honda City 1.5L iVtec for the past 8 years, so a petrol engine's refinement and response is something that both my dad and I are used to. My monthly usage is very low, so I'm not too keen on FE either.

I tried driving the Diesel engine also, and frankly, it was the best Diesel car I've driven (though I haven't driven many). Power delivery was very linear and excellent for driving both within the city traffic and on the highway.

Quote:
My monthly usage is about 1200 km. Took TD of both and I'm fine with both of them.
Since you are fine with both of them, you should choose the diesel engine over the EcoBoost any day.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 16:58   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion Naveen.
Have put forward a complaint online as 'Pre-Sales Feedback'. Lets see how they reply.

Have sent a mail to Hyundai. Lets see how they respond. This is the first time I have reached out to Hyundai so may be it will give me a taste of their customer service as well.
Thanks for sharing your experience. This is helpful.

I am facing a peculiar issue and not sure if this is to do with a particular dealer. I booked Venue SX MT Silver with Himgiri Hyundai, Gurgaon on May 26. The Sales consultant who proactively helped with the booking left the dealer soon after and the new Consultant has not been very helpful. He has no clear response and rarely gives any feedback on the status. On visiting the showroom on June 5, I realized that the booking date was incorrectly mentioned as May 29. I had asked for explanation on handling charges with the GM on May 26 and reiterated the same on June 5, but have not received any response till date. I escalated this to the manager on June 15 but received a very casual response.

I was bearing all the above in the hope of a quicker delivery. Yesterday a friend of mine, who had booked the same model and colour with Koncept Hyundai, Delhi on June 2 (a week after my booking), informed me that his car was ready for delivery. There also the original commitment was of 6-8 weeks but the Sales Consultant proactively ensured that the booking was progressed.

I was taken aback and immediately called up the manager of Himgiri Hyundai only to receive the same casual response. He said that it is possible that different dealers get different dispatches of models and if Koncept has got it, it does mean that Himgiri can also get it. He further mentioned that Himgiri does not have that model and will deliver to me as per original commitment of 6-8 weeks.

I was shocked to hear this and immediately sent an email to the Hyundai feedback email id crsales@hmil.net with a copy to the GM of Himgiri Hyundai to check if there is preferential allotment of Venue vehicles by Hyundai with its dealers and if yes, I should be allowed to transfer my booking from Himgiri to Koncept. I am yet to receive a response.

Can you or anyone else please let me know if there is any other Hyundai email address or person I should reach out to, to register my above grievance? I will be grateful for any advice.

Last edited by CarStruck : 18th June 2019 at 17:19.
CarStruck is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th June 2019, 20:01   #792

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post

I am facing a peculiar issue and not sure if this is to do with a particular dealer. I booked Venue SX MT Silver with Himgiri Hyundai, Gurgaon on May 26. The Sales consultant who proactively helped with the booking left the dealer soon after and the new Consultant has not been very helpful. He has no clear response and rarely gives any feedback on the status. On visiting the showroom on June 5, I realized that the booking date was incorrectly mentioned as May 29. I had asked for explanation on handling charges with the GM on May 26 and reiterated the same on June 5, but have not received any response till date. I escalated this to the manager on June 15 but received a very casual response.

Can you or anyone else please let me know if there is any other Hyundai email address or person I should reach out to, to register my above grievance? I will be grateful for any advice.
So here's how it works:
-OEMs draw up an annual sales plan with their respective dealers at a broad level, for instance, total sales volume of 1000 which consists of 100 units of Venue. For dealer B, this figure might be 500 units overall and 40 units of Venue
-Depending on the brand, dealers give a forecast for the next 3-6 months as to what model, variant, colour they'd like to order. This is based on past trends, anticipated future volumes etc.
-Once a customer makes a booking, the order is placed with the OEM. Assume that he gets 10 bookings of Venue but his monthly allocation based on the plan I mentioned above is 5, it's unlikely that he'll get 10 cars. Based on his discussion with his Area manager, he might be able to squeeze an extra car or 2
-Again,this is very dynamic, as in, assume there is an issue of production slowdown, then the time line (waiting period) naturally increases

Now coming to your case, it's possible that different dealers have different waiting periods based on their size(annual volume), allocation, bookings in hand and several other factors. Of course, if your consultant has delayed punching the order, that can further affect you as a customer. Sometimes, it is dealer's fund issues that lead to delayed orders (not saying this is the case here but sharing what is a possibility). At the same time, things also depends on whether the model is a pull or push model. For example, if I'm a dealer and i credit 1 crore into OEM account and I need 10 Venues, my area manager might bill me 6 venues and push 4 models which are in low demand because he has to push sales of all models.

Now coming to what you can do, I suggest you visit the dealership, meet the Sales Head and ask him to share details as to when they Placed your order, whether the commitment given was in line with their allocation or they overcommitted. If you feel they're not able to adjust and make it available to you before your expected time line, check with the co dealer and shift your booking. Of course, approach the company if you feel like, preferably with facts. All the best.

Happy to clarify any other queries you may have. All the best.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 18th June 2019 at 20:13. Reason: trimming the quoted section
PieBull76 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 11:14   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post

I think PieBull has explained very well regarding your current situation. Hope it can be sorted out soon.

My dealership has refused to sell the car without insurance and has asked me to go ahead with cancellation. This really has put me off.
I got a quote for about 30% less than theirs. It is not the matter of money but trying to portray that you are superior to the customer because a new in demand car has launched will definitely bite back in the future.

I have escalated this with Hyundai India as I called them. I had written to them as well but they havent gotten back. To be fair to them, a reply should come within 48 hours and still a few hours go for that.

I am unable to understand the dealership's strategy here of refusing to sell if you do not buy insurance from them. Are you a car dealership or insurance agents?

You may recommend me if you want but blackmailing someone into it is absolutely abhorrent.

I have paid the booking amount (online) so now the whole fight to get booking amount back.

Dealer: Hans Hyundai, Moti Nagar, Delhi
adhd92 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 11:58   #794
BHPian

Quote:

I am unable to understand the dealership's strategy here of refusing to sell if you do not buy insurance from them. Are you a car dealership or insurance agents?

Before cancelling your Booking, submit a letter to the Dealer and take an acknowledgement. Insist on a written reply for refusal of sale without insurance. I'm sure, Dealer will not give it in writing, but still do your part. While cancelling also, mention the reason in remarks.

I am an Independent Financial Advisor, and even we face the strong arm tactics of Dealers, since they give more business to the Insurance Companies. They force the Insurance Companies not to change the Agent code for the following years also, if you are continuing with the same Insurance Company. Only way is to change the Insurance Company for the second year.

In case, you get a letter in writing, you can definitely complain to IRDA.
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 13:31   #795

Quote:
I think PieBull has explained very well regarding your current situation. Hope it can be sorted out soon.

My dealership has refused to sell the car without insurance and has asked me to go ahead with cancellation. This really has put me off.
I got a quote for about 30% less than theirs. It is not the matter of money but trying to portray that you are superior to the customer because a new in demand car has launched will definitely bite back in the future.

I have escalated this with Hyundai India as I called them. I had written to them as well but they havent gotten back. To be fair to them, a reply should come within 48 hours and still a few hours go for that.

You may recommend me if you want but blackmailing someone into it is absolutely abhorrent.

I have paid the booking amount (online) so now the whole fight to get booking amount back.

Just to put things into perspective, a dealer earns money from several sources, the first one obviously being the fixed margin he earns on the car. Besides that, dealership earns money from insurance commission , finance commission, accessory sales, the infamous 'handling' charges etc. When they refuse to sell a car without insurance, it generally has to do with the insurance penetration targets given by the OEM. The dealer earns a variable margin on several parameters and insurance penetration is generally one of them. For example, at least 50% of the cars sold need to be sold with in-house insurance. The dealer management in turn pushes its sales consultants to ensure every car is sold with an in house insurance. So, there are 2 different earnings at stake for the dealer and hence this attitude towards this topic. Of course, they cannot force a customer and you can use appropriate escalation mechanisms to get this resolved.
PieBull76 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed