Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2019, 11:53   #811
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Hyundai launched its first compact SUV – the Venue – in our market on May 21, 2019, which is exactly a month ago. In this short span of time, the Venue has already received over 33,000 bookings, with more than two lakh people showing interest in the vehicle, according to Hyundai.
Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-launch-413196

33,000 within such a short span is incredible. Even if 60% of them are converted to actual sales which is around 20k and that is still a tremendous figure considering how hot the segment is. As anticipated Venue seems to be walking in the footsteps of it's elder sibling.

Mods, since we already have an official preview can we expect review to be coming any sooner as the job is half done already? Awaiting to see the TeamBHP official review on this car as there are too many diversified opinions.
Old 22nd June 2019, 12:16   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I took delivery of 2 venue dct SX+ from HMP Chennai and I bought the insurance on Coverfox. This is not standard, if your stick to your guns they'll have no option but to relent.
Thank you for this information. This bolsters my position on this issue. Hope you are liking the car
Old 23rd June 2019, 13:45   #813
Senior - BHPian

I got a chance to see the Venue. Standing next to an i10, its height is almost identical. After seeing it, I must say it is not baby Creta, it is toy Creta. Little doors, cramped up space, small driving wheel, the list goes on. The driver door seems very small, but so does the rest of the car. Raised height of seats with less height results in people bumping their heads while coming out of the car.

Frankly, I was disappointed in myself for tracking the progress of this toy excitedly for past year or so. Buyers need to see the car first before booking, that’s for sure.
ani_meher is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 14:38   #814
BHPian

Hello, fellow members.
This is my first post on Team BHP. I have attached the official Ford brochure for Ecosport 2019. They have changed the feature list which can now be seen.
I have a few questions in mind and would like your views on the same.

Q1) Between the Hyundai Venue (SX(O) petrol) and the Ford Ecosport (1.0 l S petrol - the only car that makes sense to me currently after reading the brochure as it has the slicker 8 inch unit with better connectivity and features one would need in a car if you intend to keep it for some time), which car is the better choice considering the following factors listed in decreasing importance:

1) Safety and features
2) Ride quality
3) Space
4) Driving experience
5) Overall build quality
6) Maintenance cost
7) Mileage

Q2) Are there any other choices in the sub-compact SUV segment that I can consider?
(...Brezza facelift and the Kia Seltos looks really appealing to me although it is a segment above the Venue)

Q3) And with a usage of 1000 km per month, should I consider a diesel engine over a turbocharged petrol given that the venue diesel is priced just ₹25000 more than the petrol.
(Don't need the automatic)

Q4) Should I wait for cars with BS VI regulation compatible engines or buying a car right now is the right decision? (the buy is not very urgent)

On a sidenote- i think Ford seems to have really messed up the Ecosport variants in 2019. To get the prices down, not only has it resorted to feature deletion but has also confused the buyers immensely.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Brochure-Ford-Ecosport-2019-Mobile.pdf (3.89 MB, 266 views)
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 15:29   #815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
After seeing it, I must say it is not baby Creta, it is toy Creta. Little doors, cramped up space, small driving wheel, the list goes on.
Someone from our office has bought a white Venue SX diesel and I got to check it from outside with some other colleagues in the parking lot. We all agreed that it looked smaller than its competitors. I own the facelift EcoSport, so I could very easily see that the Venue's overall exterior stance looked a tad smaller and interiors definitely cramped than the EcoSport.

With some more analysis and looking at the Venue from all possible angles, it looks beefy and chunkier due to the bonnet design. The portion between the front till the A pillars looks big and wide with that huge grill (an eyesore IMO when looked at in the flesh), along with cut and bulges over the sides and wheel arches makes it look deceptively bigger. I tried looking at it from the A pillar towards the rest of the car (ignoring the front portions) and it looked just like a small hatch. Forget the rear seats, even the front seats didn't look too spacious even with that short dashboard. In comparison, the EcoSport's dashboard is huge, yet the front seats look more spacious. IMO, the Venue is the epitome of the "hatchback on stilts"!!

Good enough for young couples or a small family in big crowded cities with emphasis on its connected features. But I somehow feel its again overpriced just like the Creta. Maybe people thought it would be priced even higher, so looking at the prices they feel its priced correctly. But on closer inspection, once the whole connected feature excitement wears off, I feel people would start calling it overpriced few months down the line. And by "people", I mean us BHPians as for the general public out there it would hardly matter!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 13:27   #816
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Hello, fellow members.

Hi,

Let me first address the requirements listed by you;

Safety and features:
Both EcoSport and Venue are on equal footing when it comes to safety. With 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESC, ISOFIX, hill assist etc. both are loaded to the gills. Haven't got any idea about what Vehicle Stability Management in Venue means. Whether that gives Venue the edge is something others may comment on.

Features wise again, none of them give an inch to the other. I own an EcoSport and so can vouch for Sync 3 (with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support) being one of the best infotainment system's out there. It can single handedly rule the case in its favour. Sunroof, Auto Headlamps, Cruise Control you name it, they have it. TPMS and rain sensing vipers are missing in Venue AFAIK. EcoSport has a standard interior theme which can be bland to some. The quality of plastics in Venue is tasteful and top notch and definitely Hyundai like. But overall, you cannot go wrong with either of them when it comes to the lengthy feature list.

Winner: EcoSport (just slightly that too because of Sync 3).

Ride quality:
With the EcoSport, you need to be prepared for a harsher ride. The suspension setup is such. Body roll is very evident at slow speeds on potholes and speed breakers. But the ride is planted and you will feel confident even at high speeds on curvy roads. The steering also weighs perfectly at all speeds. Brakes are confidence inspiring too.

Since I haven't driven Venue but only seen it, really can't comment on this particular aspect.

Winner: Dunno.

Space: The interior space on either cars isn't great. Sub 4m cars after all. But I felt the leg room, height and seating comfort of EcoSport to be better. The driving position was higher in EcoSport than Venue. But you can see the bonnet much clearly in Venue. Boot space is much bigger in EcoSport. The insides also is much more roomier in EcoSport. Although the black interiors could make it claustrophobic for some.

Winner: EcoSport.

Driving experience: See Ride quality above.

Build quality: Both EcoSport and Venue have solid builds. The exterior feels sturdy and confidence inspiring. The doors close with a massive thud that can actually crush some cars out there

Maintenance Cost: Hyundai's after sales support win hands down due to their sheer presence in the market. Whereas Ford's maintenance cost is cheaper (in comparison with my in laws' i20). Ford's reported deal with Mahindra and rumours of their exit has made owners and buyers edgy.

Winner: Hyundai.

Mileage: With the AT, I have been getting 8-9kmpl in Bangalore's red hot traffic. Out on highways, it can range between 14 and 15. The 1L Ecoboost returns approx. similar figures in city and ~16kmpl on highways. Same/similar can be expected from the Venue too.

Winner: Tie.

Quote:
On a sidenote- i think Ford seems to have really messed up the Ecosport variants in 2019.
IMO, despite the confusion over the recent feature updates in EcoSport, the S variant has actually become better (with R16 tyres) and cheaper. It's now much more a value for money option. Also it has retained all the features. Only the Titanium+ and lower variants were affected by the feature rationalisation.

Last edited by strawhat : 24th June 2019 at 13:49.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 14:03   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Q1) Between the Hyundai Venue (SX(O) petrol) and the Ford Ecosport (1.0 l S petrol - t

1) Safety and features
2) Ride quality
3) Space
4) Driving experience
5) Overall build quality
6) Maintenance cost
7) Mileage

Q2) Are there any other choices in the sub-compact SUV segment that I can consider?
Any reason you did not consider TATA Nexon. If you strictly want AT then I feel Venue and Ford are better with proper Auto.
If manual is fine, Nexon petrol and Diesel are good engines.
Also it is well built and 5* crash safety.
Space wise Nexon trumps most of the CSUV.
Ride quality is better then the options. (XUV300 has a better ride quality as per reviews)
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 14:52   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Hi,

Let me first address the requirements listed by you;

Safety and features:
Both EcoSport and Venue are on equal footing when it comes to safety. With 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, ESC, ISOFIX...
Thanks for replying.
I did test drive the Venue (1 l turbocharged DCT) and found the engine quite good for city driving. It may not be as sporty as one would like it to be but I did not feel a lack of power. (even with turbolag upto 1800-2000 rpm)
I could not really differentiate between the Ford 1 l ecoboost engine and the Hyundai 1 l turbocharged engine. (The 1.5 l dragon seemed much better, but with the equipment list offered the only trims I was interested in was the S)

The quality of materials used in the Venue is top-notch, better than the competition, IMO. Some of the Bluelink features offered are pretty useful (the valet alert, geo fencing, maintenance reports, live tracking etc.), some are gimmicky.

The ride did not seem to be as plush as other Hyundai's although I found it to be better than the Ecosport.
The Ecosport seemed better built and had a much better road presence, you could get a sense of security that is needed when driving on highways. Features like tyre pressure monitor, auto dimming IVRM are important and Ford scores over the Venue in this respect.

I think there is very little to differentiate these two cars especially in these trims when both cars come with turbocharged engines.

I am still trying to make up my mind. (The Kia Seltos has added to the confusion, I really like the way the car looks and the initial impression is really good. BS VI compatible engines, 3 AT options...Although it is a segment up, if it is priced right, I am willing to spend more to get a better product.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Any reason you did not consider TATA Nexon. If you strictly want AT then I feel Venue and Ford are better with proper Auto.
If manual is fine, Nexon petrol and Diesel are good engines.
Also it is well built and 5* crash safety.
Space wise Nexon trumps most of the CSUV.
Ride quality is better then the options. (XUV300 has a better ride quality as per reviews)
Thanks for replying.
I did not have a great experience with a previous Tata car. My dad does not have a very positive view of the cars the company makes (which may not be true now), but I will try and get him to consider the Nexon. ( I really like the Harrier in terms of styling and and the materials used in the interiors.)
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:06   #819
BHPian

Quote:
We booked two DCT SX+ Venues at Hyundai Motor Plaza Guindy Chennai today, one for my father and one for my wife. We've been promised delivery by June 15th.
Quote:
I took delivery of 2 venue dct SX+ from HMP Chennai and I bought the insurance on Coverfox. This is not standard, if your stick to your guns they'll have no option but to relent.
Many congratulations for the delivery You were one of few supporters of this vehicle from the start despite so may contrary views. How is the feel of the Venue? I am very curious to know especially with so much conflicting views on the 'small' size and interior space.

Your dealer was very effective and proactive with arranging the delivery. The short waiting period is such a welcome. My friend in Delhi too got the car in 2 weeks flat and the dealer offered me one as well! I have had a horrible experience with Himgiri Hyundai, Gurgaon till date. They do not respond to my calls or respond to any clarification request from me. And moreover from their limited interaction, looks like they will stretch it to the last day of '6-8 weeks' waiting period mentioned in my booking form.

I had one more query - how much did you save by taking insurance from outside Hyundai and what steps/precautions should I take if I choose to follow in your steps?

Last edited by CarStruck : 24th June 2019 at 15:08. Reason: Additional query
CarStruck is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:29   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Many congratulations for the delivery You were one of few supporters of this vehicle from the start despite so may contrary views. How is the feel of the Venue? I am very curious to know especially with so much conflicting views on the 'small' size and interior space.
Thank you! I might have been biased when I spoke about the size and interior space, because we are a family of four and both our kids are relatively young. I find the width of the car to be more spacious than our Vento and I can sit in the rear seat without my knees touching the front seat with the front seat adjusted to my driving position ( I am 6 ft tall). However my brother's WRV's interiors are much more spacious in comparison.

In the end, it depends on how many people regularly sit in the car and how large they are.

Quote:
Your dealer was very effective and proactive with arranging the delivery. The short waiting period is such a welcome. My friend in Delhi too got the car in 2 weeks flat and the dealer offered me one as well! I have had a horrible experience with Himgiri Hyundai, Gurgaon till date. They do not respond to my calls or respond to any clarification request from me. And moreover from their limited interaction, looks like they will stretch it to the last day of '6-8 weeks' waiting period mentioned in my booking form.
Sorry to hear about your problems with your dealer. We test drove the car on the first day of launch and booked within 3 days. Perhaps we got lucky. Also our company has purchased several cars from this dealer due to which we might have gotten preferential treatment without explicitly asking for it.

I saw your posts and spoke to my dealer asking him why other dealers were quoting longer waiting periods. In his case, he has to now quote a waiting period of close to 3 months because of a lot of new bookings. Apparently the Indian public like the car more than most of the posters on this forum.

Hyundai might even do the impossible in this case, which is dethrone Maruti in a segment!

Quote:
I had one more query - how much did you save by taking insurance from outside Hyundai and what steps/precautions should I take if I choose to follow in your steps?
We paid Rs. 21,000 for zero depreciation insurance from United India Assurance through Coverfox or Policy Bazaar (I don't remember which). I can't think of any precautions you need to take other than if you are buying insurance from a reputed firm and also if your insurance provider offers cashless claims with the service station of your choice. In my case both the above points were ok and so I went ahead.

I like the car, and luckily don't have buyer's remorse. I wish you good luck and hope you get the car soon with no further delays.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 15:38   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, fellow members.
This is my first post on Team BHP. I have attached the official Ford brochure for Ecosport 2019. They have changed the feature list which can now be seen.
Hello Vedant! I was on the same boat as you a couple of weeks back and now I'm happily driving an Ecosport S EcoBoost for the past two days! Please refer to my post #788 for my initial comparison between the two.

You are choosing one between two turbocharged petrol with the same displacement and manual transmission, so your experience will be more or less the same from the turbo lag to the boost when you are in the turbo zone. But Ford's Ecoboost engine is tried and tested- not the same for Hyundai's(that doesn't make it any bad).

Now to answer your questions:
Q1
1) Safety and features - at par. But I'd have to say ES wins in safety because of a better build quality. You won't be able to use Bluelink to it's full potential when you choose a Manual Transmission
2) Ride quality(Comfort?) - Venue
3) Space - ES
4) Driving experience - ES
5) Overall build quality - ES
6) Maintenance cost - Hands down ES
7) Mileage - Very close on paper. Hyundai is not known for it's FE, so only time will tell

One point worth noting is that the Venue is easier to be handled within the city traffic for quick manoeuvring. But ES feels more planted and confident at highway speeds. Also, Venue offers a better road view than the ES (no thanks to the intrusive A-Pillar on the ES).

Q3- The petrol and diesel engines on offer are very different in both the cars. For your usage, you won't be able to save much in fuel cost. So you can choose whichever engine you like the most.

Q2 & Q4- only you can answer. If you don't mind waiting, you might as well wait. Cars will only get better in time.

Last edited by bblost : 26th June 2019 at 23:00. Reason: Reduced size of quoted post.
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 21:42   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
Hello Vedant! I was on the same boat as you a couple of weeks back and now I'm happily driving an Ecosport S EcoBoost for the past two days! Please refer to my post #788 for my initial comparison between the two...
Hi Pavanth. Thanks for the reply.
Congratulations on your new Ford Ecosport.

I did go through the post you wrote earlier in this thread. After taking a test drive of both cars, there are things to like about both of them.

I am still looking to wait for a few months till the Kia Seltos officially makes its way to showrooms and then take a final decision.

I have a few general questions in mind:

1) With BS VI coming in next year, will the resale value of cars with BS IV engines decrease substantially in the future?

2) With the whole talk of Maruti getting rid of its diesel line-up very soon, what is the future of diesel engines in India (also vis-a-vis government regulation) ?
Old 25th June 2019, 00:08   #823
BHPian

Hope this is of some help to anyone looking for backseat leg space / Knee Room in the Venue.

My height for reference is 5"7' and the driver who is driving the car is of the same height as well. Attached is a photograph from the backseat.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190624_172111.jpg  

smilenow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 00:20   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Pavanth. Thanks for the reply.
Congratulations on your new Ford Ecosport.

I did go through the post you wrote earlier in this thread. After taking a test drive of both cars, there are things to like about both of them.

I am still looking to wait for a few months till the Kia Seltos officially makes its way to showrooms and then take a final decision.

I have a few general questions in mind:

1) With BS VI coming in next year, will the resale value of cars with BS IV engines decrease substantially in the future?

2) With the whole talk of Maruti getting rid of its diesel line-up very soon, what is the future of diesel engines in India (also vis-a-vis government regulation) ?
Thank you!

And yes, you won’t go wrong with either. Both the ES and the Venue are very good cars.

Answering your questions:
1) Definitely, but if you intend to keep your car for more than 6-8 years(like me), then it wouldn’t matter as much. But the resale value would take a hit, no getting around that.

2) This was what stopped me from going for the Ford’s superior Diesel engine. I couldn’t leave it up to chance. And since my monthly running was considerably less, my decision was easier.

High hopes on KIA Seltos too, it’s expected to be priced at par with Creta. I expect the tables to turn.

We are just days away from the official unveiling of the prices of KIA Seltos. Waiting now and taking an informed decision is wise. I wanted a sub-4m compact SUV, and I knew Seltos wasn’t going to be one. So I went ahead with the Ecosport!
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 09:21   #825
BHPian

Quote:
I find the width of the car to be more spacious than our Vento and I can sit in the rear seat without my knees touching the front seat with the front seat adjusted to my driving position ( I am 6 ft tall). However my brother's WRV's interiors are much more spacious in comparison.

In the end, it depends on how many people regularly sit in the car and how large they are.
Thanks so much for your prompt response and view on the rear space. This is very helpful. In my case there will be only 3 people regularly in the car and more than often only me. I believe this car was most suitable for me for all other features as well as the price and your thoughts are reassuring.

Quote:
I saw your posts and spoke to my dealer asking him why other dealers were quoting longer waiting periods. In his case, he has to now quote a waiting period of close to 3 months because of a lot of new bookings. Apparently the Indian public like the car more than most of the posters on this forum.

Hyundai might even do the impossible in this case, which is dethrone Maruti in a segment!
Thank you so much for speaking to your dealer after reading my posts. I highly appreciate that. Like you, I also booked soon after launch and my friend (who's receiving the car now) booked around 1 week after me. The waiting period was not that long at the time of booking and according to a report on this thread, Hyundai had promised to deliver the first 15,000 vehicles within 1st week of July. Most of the people I know who had booked around the time of the launch have already received delivery or atleast have been allotted a car. The bookings did go up after a while but most dealers have been proactive. I wonder what is the experience of others who have booked through Himgiri.

Quote:
We paid Rs. 21,000 for zero depreciation insurance from United India Assurance through Coverfox or Policy Bazaar (I don't remember which). I can't think of any precautions you need to take other than if you are buying insurance from a reputed firm and also if your insurance provider offers cashless claims with the service station of your choice. In my case both the above points were ok and so I went ahead.

I like the car, and luckily don't have buyer's remorse. I wish you good luck and hope you get the car soon with no further delays.
Can you please help me on the timing for checking the insurance - should I do it now or after car allotment? Also, should I look up the Coverfox or Policy Bazaar website or call them directly? If there is a thread here on taking insurance from outside, can you guide me to it?

Thank you for your wishes. I need them fully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
Hope this is of some help to anyone looking for backseat leg space / Knee Room in the Venue.

My height for reference is 5"7' and the driver who is driving the car is of the same height as well. Attached is a photograph from the backseat.
This is so helpful. The space seems quite adequate here. In our test drive, 3 adults could sit comfortably in the rear and this pic also indicates this clearly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
But the resale value would take a hit, no getting around that.

2) This was what stopped me from going for the Ford’s superior Diesel engine. I couldn’t leave it up to chance. And since my monthly running was considerably less, my decision was easier.

I wanted a sub-4m compact SUV, and I knew Seltos wasn’t going to be one. So I went ahead with the Ecosport!
Like you, I also wanted a sub-4m CSUV and hence did not consider any other type of vehicle (notwithstanding larger spacious cars) in my final choice, although I did TD of many cars. I had finalized the TUV 300 and still love that car. However, considering it was diesel only, I backed out (rather reluctantly - mind over heart) for 2 reasons - environmental concern and low running, like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyBoy View Post
Mods, since we already have an official preview can we expect review to be coming any sooner as the job is half done already? Awaiting to see the TeamBHP official review on this car as there are too many diversified opinions.
I agree, we are all eagerly awaiting the official review to clear all doubts
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks