Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 10:03   #826
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

I saw a venue in flesh for the first time yesterday on road, while returning from office and it was a good reference to the dimensions of Venue, crawling between countless other cars during peak evening Gurgaon traffic.

Now, I had made that impression that the car is small - Grand I10 type. However, it didn't look like that. There is a slight tapering of body from rear bumper towards the roof, which do give an ever so slight (but untrue, IMO) impression of car being narrow. There were many New Dzires, Ecosports too in the traffic, and the dimensions of Venue were not too different.

I am yet to experience the interiors in person, but looks like interior packaging would be better than Ecosport (my current favourite). Ecosport interior space is hampered by the Dashboard that is too big and long (I mean extending too much from the windshield).

As a city car, Venue seems as good as an Ecosport - dimension wise. In fact, side profile is by far the best in the segment: a Creta with much better alloys and proportionate height to go with sub-4m dimensions.

I'm still sold to Verna however For nearly the same price (SX manual variant, accounting for the regular offers), it offers much better package.
Old 25th June 2019, 23:26   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
In my case there will be only 3 people regularly in the car and more than often only me. I believe this car was most suitable for me for all other features as well as the price and your thoughts are reassuring.
This car would be definitely suitable for you, as the Venue can comfortably accommodate up to 4 adults. I can vouch for that.

Quote:
Like you, I also wanted a sub-4m CSUV and hence did not consider any other type of vehicle (notwithstanding larger spacious cars) in my final choice, although I did TD of many cars. I had finalized the TUV 300 and still love that car. However, considering it was diesel only, I backed out (rather reluctantly - mind over heart) for 2 reasons - environmental concern and low running, like you.
Ah, the TUV300! For some reason, it’s the car that I’ll always like but will never buy. By the way, did you check out the facelifted TUV300?
And respect for prioritising environment over need! The same was what gave me that final push towards choosing the ecoboost over the 1.5L dragon engine- 15% fewer greenhouse emissions on paper(according to Ford).
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 08:18   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please help me on the timing for checking the insurance - should I do it now or after car allotment? Also, should I look up the Coverfox or Policy Bazaar website or call them directly? If there is a thread here on taking insurance from outside, can you guide me to it?
You can buy insurance for a new car only after your receive the invoice for it with the engine identification number and the chassis number. So go for it then.

Here's the insurance provider thread from Team BHP.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ovider-29.html (Best Auto Insurance service provider)
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 08:33   #829

I too got my insurance done through Policy Bazaar. Zero dep insurance quoted by the dealer was 44 k. I got zero dep plus return to invoice at 26k.
PieBull76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 09:38   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieBull76 View Post
I too got my insurance done through Policy Bazaar. Zero dep insurance quoted by the dealer was 44 k. I got zero dep plus return to invoice at 26k.
Were you able to confirm that the terms of insurance (including third party coverage Er ) is similar to what the dealer was offering?

Also what do you mean ‘return to invoice’?
Old 26th June 2019, 15:06   #831
Senior - BHPian

I would take the 'inquiries' number reported by the company with a pinch of salt. I saw BRV and Creta over a weekend, and I got follow up calls to inquire how was my visit regarding WR-V and Venue! Both a segment lower cars that I didn't even look at.

I think dealerships mask these numbers as confirmed with customer and report them to the company, so the 'inquiries' number for newer car looks a lot rosier than it actually is.
Old 26th June 2019, 15:23   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Also what do you mean ‘return to invoice’?
Return to Invoice is an insurance add-on available for new cars for the first 3 years. So if the car is a total loss, the owner gets the total invoice amount of the car (ex-showroom price) instead of the IDV (which is always lower than ex-showroom price)
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 15:56   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Last weekend filmed the Hyundai Venue 1L DCT & here are some screenshots from my upcoming video review;

:Thumbs up
My man, where's the video!!

Waiting to hear your take on the car!
KaranP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 07:17   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaranP View Post
My man, where's the video!!

Waiting to hear your take on the car!
Hi, should be ready by the weekend
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 08:55   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Last weekend filmed the Hyundai Venue 1L DCT & here are some screenshots from my upcoming video review;

:Thumbs up

Kindly let me know your YouTube channel
Old 27th June 2019, 09:02   #836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Kindly let me know your YouTube channel
Search "KKC On A-Motive".
self_driven is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th June 2019, 20:21   #837

Dear Admins, when can we expect the review? I'm sure there are many like me who are eagerly awaiting it. please.
PieBull76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2019, 07:31   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieBull76 View Post
Dear Admins, when can we expect the review? I'm sure there are many like me who are eagerly awaiting it. please.
And if possible please do review the 1.2l petrol for the people on tight budget.
Old 28th June 2019, 10:52   #839
BHPian

Guys, I believe, the review might take some time.
And I would be glad to wait for the same.
The reasons, I assume is, 3 power trains, 3 Manual Transmissions, 1 DCT, feature distribution etc...

But I would still ask them to release parts of review like driving experience, niggles, as a teaser kind of post..!!!
Old 29th June 2019, 09:38   #840
BHPian

Looking at the SX# AT variant, apart from the missing equipment and lack of space that we listed down as weaknesses, in the driving department, the only weakness seems to be the lag lower down.

Several early owners (congratulations!) who have been driving the 1.0 DCT have said that you learn to live with the lag by remapping how your brain sends signals to your right foot. Is that right, or do we have any owners here who keep getting annoyed with the delayed downshift?

Can Hyundai potentially push an ECU update in the near future that makes the DCT downshift a little more aggressively? I don't think it would affect real-world mileage so drastically (we'd be lucky to get 9-10 kmpl in the city anyways) because the only difference is that we'd spend a couple of seconds more on the 1st or 2nd gear instead of the 3rd. We're probably burning that additional fuel trying to open the throttle in the RPM range where the engine suffers lag.

Another crazy question... is it technically possible to have an after-market re-map to make the DCT more aggressive?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks