Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2019, 20:32   #871
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Look who's at No. 9 !

(Source - AutoPunditz)

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-top10.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 7th July 2019 at 20:34.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 23:14   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
C-SUV June 2019 Sales - Autopunditz
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Intersting to see how the numbers look like when the Brezza will be launched shortly in its petrol variants too.
As reported earlier, if Brezza comes with 1.5L Petrol engine, it will loose the sub-4m tax advantage. Then scales will tip more in favour of Venue, unless Maruti is willing to take big haircut on profit margin.

Maruti is clearly caught on wrong foot while Hyundai is saying "Game On".

Last edited by AutoNoob : 7th July 2019 at 23:18.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 20:16   #873
BHPian

New TVC is out, probably meant for US markets. Done on a large scale, welcoming Venue into the Hyundai family.
jaaz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2019, 22:13   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
New TVC is out, probably meant for US markets. Done on a large scale, welcoming Venue into the Hyundai family.
From the Hyundai India YouTube channel -

Behind the Scenes video -

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 8th July 2019 at 22:17.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th July 2019, 21:38   #875
BHPian

Any Venue owner that can share his experience with the fuel efficiency of both, the 1.4l diesel and 1.0l turbocharged petrol engine in city and highway conditions?

I have heard that the city average of the turbocharged petrol engine is quite poor.
The highway efficiency is better than some of the rivals, though.

The dependable 1.4l diesel has proved its credentials and is doing well. (Not as well as Maruti Suzuki)

Thanks.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 16:24   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedant Gupta View Post
Any Venue owner that can share his experience with the fuel efficiency of both, the 1.4l diesel and 1.0l turbocharged petrol engine in city and highway conditions?

I have heard that the city average of the turbocharged petrol engine is quite poor.
The highway efficiency is better than some of the rivals, though.

The dependable 1.4l diesel has proved its credentials and is doing well. (Not as well as Maruti Suzuki)

Thanks.
We haven't taken our Venue 1.0 DCT on the highway yet, but in Chennai traffic it has returned 8.7 and 9.5 for the last two tank fulls. Please note Chennai traffic is not nearly as bad as say Bangalore.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 14:01   #877
BHPian

Finally After initially deciding against buying the Venue and post a lot of test drives, i decided to not cancel my booking and took delivery of the Hyundai Venue SX+ DCT , Deep Forest.

I was very anxious on the color i had chosen. For almost a month i did not find any clear pics of the Deep Forest Color vehicle, but i stuck to the color.

I made a good choice, i feel the Deep Forest looks very good and the interior Khakhi theme matches the vehicle.

Quick Comments on Pre and Post Delivery. Dealer was Shreenath Hyundai, Andheri West. The Sales Executive and the Team lead are pathetic in service and follow ups. The moment you pay the 100%, they disappear in thin air. They sent the registration file to RTO after 1 week of receiving full payment. My Suggestion is to stay away from Shreenath Hyundai.

Delivery was equally pathetic. High security number plates missing. The driver who brought the vehicle from the parking to the delivery area was i guess Schumacher. Very rough driving and you really feel bad that this people dont care about the money you invested in a new vehicle which you have not even touched yet.
  • The Delivery experience was like buying fish in a fish market.
  • The showroom was full of people and customers (that explains the shoddy customer service).
  • I was promised everything will be ready on July 10th , but the High security number plates were missing so they attached regular number plates.
  • Boot door was not closed properly during demo and it took 5 bangs to close the boot properly i lost it there)
  • Blue link could not be setup because it seems they had forgotten to activate the VIN or Gate pass on the Hyundai portal
  • No Cruise control demo
  • No Sun roof demo or dos and donts
  • No Warranty info or 1st service info shared
  • No fuel coupon shared
  • No Keys handover ceremony
  • The car was driven 126 KMS, wonder where to
This was among the worst new car buying and delivery experience every.

yet the refreshing part was to get the vehicle finally. The car is a pleasure to drive in Mumbai traffic, the gear shift is super slick and smooth. There is very low amount of lag and the car gathers pace almost immediately on double tap.

Its too early for me to comment on other aspects, but one thing i noticed was that the song skip button when clicked on the steering wheel plays the song again. Has anybody else faced this issue?
Attached Images

Last edited by patelhemals : 11th July 2019 at 14:05.
patelhemals is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 15:48   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Its too early for me to comment on other aspects, but one thing i noticed was that the song skip button when clicked on the steering wheel plays the song again. Has anybody else faced this issue?
Hyundai has reversed that particular button for some reason. If you push up, it rewinds. If you push down it forwards. It doesn't feel intuitive at all, but it is something we need to live with unfortunately.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 15:52   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Hyundai has reversed that particular button for some reason. If you push up, it rewinds. If you push down it forwards. It doesn't feel intuitive at all, but it is something we need to live with unfortunately.

Thanks a ton @Chrome6Boy

My Elite i20 had it the other way round.. will have to get used to it now
Old 11th July 2019, 16:06   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
We haven't taken our Venue 1.0 DCT on the highway yet, but in Chennai traffic it has returned 8.7 and 9.5 for the last two tank fulls. Please note Chennai traffic is not nearly as bad as say Bangalore.

Wow that seems to be quite low for a 1.0 lt engine, was expecting at least 10 Kmpl in city traffic. I have extensively driven the Santa Fe and Tuscon (US edition) equipped with much larger GDI engines with torque converters and got better mileage (22-28mpg). Probably our city traffic is to be blamed or something else.
Old 11th July 2019, 19:29   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Wow that seems to be quite low for a 1.0 lt engine, was expecting at least 10 Kmpl in city traffic. I have extensively driven the Santa Fe and Tuscon (US edition) equipped with much larger GDI engines with torque converters and got better mileage (22-28mpg). Probably our city traffic is to be blamed or something else.
Reduce another 1 km. for Bangalore traffic. Chennai traffic is better off compared to Bangalore traffic. Highway mileage is good, because of the higher power band, where turbo charger kicks in. So, in start stop traffic, the rpm will remain between 1,000 to 1,500.
Old 12th July 2019, 10:38   #882
BHPian

I don't equate Hyundai with a good ride and handling but seems things maybe starting to change. Top gear is all praise for the Venue in this department. Review link below:

http://www.topgear.com/india/reviews...nue-13381.html

As far as the size is concerned there was a white one parked where I live. it's Polo sized though taller. However, Top gear says backseat isn't that bad and can seat three average sized Indians abreast.
maven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 11:28   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
It’s too early to take those figures into account. We can get realistic figures only after a few months, I believe.

My new EcoBoost(1.0L turbocharged petrol) gives me only around 8.5Kmpl in Coimbatore city traffic(which is nowhere as bad as Chennai/Bangalore on most days). But it’s only 500Km old and I’m sure I can expect better figures after 6-8 months.
Old 15th July 2019, 11:00   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Yesterday I ran into a white Venue for the first time on road. Honestly, I doubt anyone will consider this as a compact SUV, the already thin line between the compact SUV and hatchback notwithstanding. The profile especially makes it appear very small and the rear has way less presence than the already hatchback like Nexon. I will be surprised if this sells anywhere close to Brezza or Creta.

Perhaps, people who like Hyundai cars might find this an alternate to the i20.
I had the same thought initially, however it changed when I took multiple Test Drives before deciding, found the driving position very good similar to ther sub-compact SUVs in the market, but in my opinion overall experience of cabin and city driving experience was superior to all. Frankly it all boiled down to Venue DCT or Glanza CVT. Finally the family overwhelmingly voted for Venue, since comparing to Glanza ingress position was suitable to parents and all of us loved the extra features, only thing missed was Toyota peace of mind service. Finally booked white SX+DCT last month.
Old 16th July 2019, 14:12   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Finally After initially deciding against buying the Venue and post a lot of test drives, i decided to not cancel my booking and took delivery of the Hyundai Venue SX+ DCT , Deep Forest...
Congratulations! I’ve been wanting to see that colour in person but no luck so far. Can you share more photos of your new car along with the khakhi interiors?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks