Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2019, 15:06   #886

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
Congratulations! I’ve been wanting to see that colour in person but no luck so far. Can you share more photos of your new car along with the khakhi interiors?
Its a very deceptive colour(the exterior). Only when its very sunny, it looks dark green, most other times it looks like a dark grey/black vehicle. I'm saying this because at least 10 people have asked me whether mine is a black car. Would suggest you see it in person as well.
PieBull76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 23:42   #887
BHPian

Folks,

I'm looking out for a compact SUV Petrol automatic and kind of liked Venue as a replacement for our 6 year old Polo. Now am confused if I should buy the S DCT which is 1.5 lakhs cheaper than the SX+ DCT. Any thoughts? Apart from Alloy Wheels and ICE, do we miss anything big in S DCT? OR is it better to plonk that extra money and buy the SX+ DCT (though it's not really top end per se)?
Old 17th July 2019, 09:03   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Now am confused if I should buy the S DCT which is 1.5 lakhs cheaper than the SX+ DCT. Any thoughts?
There is a 1.75 lakh difference in ex-showroom price between S DCT and SX+ DCT.

As per the brochure, this is what SX+ DCT mainly offers over the lower trim:

* Sunroof
* Cruise control
* Projector foglamps
* Light-sensing, projector headlamps with LED taillamps and DRLs
* Climate control
* Power folding ORVMs with blinkers
* Smart key, push start stop
* Alloy wheels, chrome door handles and shark fin antenna
* Leather seats, handbrake, armrest and gear knob
* Seat height adjustment
* Rear adjustable headrests
* Touchscreen AVN stereo with Bluelink features and reverse camera
* Some other small convenience features

It is a borderline case if you look at it from VFM point of view. If you have the funds, I'd say SX+ is a more future-proof variant and the one to go for. S DCT will start feeling boring and outdated in no time.

Last edited by self_driven : 17th July 2019 at 09:06.
self_driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 09:39   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
* Leather seats, handbrake, armrest and gear knob
Leather seats are not included in SX+ DCT version. You get fabric seats only.
saisrujan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 10:59   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Folks,

I'm looking out for a compact SUV Petrol automatic and kind of liked Venue as a replacement for our 6 year old Polo. Now am confused if I should buy the S DCT which is 1.5 lakhs cheaper than the SX+ DCT. Any thoughts? Apart from Alloy Wheels and ICE, do we miss anything big in S DCT? OR is it better to plonk that extra money and buy the SX+ DCT (though it's not really top end per se)?
I was in the same dilemma, family liked the features of SX and SX+ but S-DCT had all the necessary stuff with smooth automatic that I wanted, also within my planned budget 10-11lacs. The family view prevailed and budget got stretched, with the thought that little extras is what shall bring the extra long term satisfaction, I went ahead and booked SX+ DCT.
liberal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 16:58   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
There is a 1.75 lakh difference in ex-showroom price between S DCT and SX+ DCT.

As per the brochure, this is what SX+ DCT mainly offers over the lower trim:
* Touchscreen AVN stereo with Bluelink features and reverse camera
* Some other small convenience features

It is a borderline case if you look at it from VFM point of view. If you have the funds, I'd say SX+ is a more future-proof variant and the one to go for. S DCT will start feeling boring and outdated in no time.
Thanks for the info; appreciate it. I guess the whole BlueLink thing is what I will be missing the most as Alloys and Touchscreen stuff can be done aftermarket at less than 50k. The Sunroof is really small to make any difference; also I'm not sure of its utility in Indian climate anyways. I really wish there was an option in between these two for an automatic as 1.75 diff b/w variants is too huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
I was in the same dilemma, family liked the features of SX and SX+ but S-DCT had all the necessary stuff with smooth automatic that I wanted, also within my planned budget 10-11lacs. The family view prevailed and budget got stretched, with the thought that little extras is what shall bring the extra long term satisfaction, I went ahead and booked SX+ DCT.
Congrats on your new ride! Which color did you book? Also, what's the OTR for you?

Last edited by moralfibre : 17th July 2019 at 19:36. Reason: Back to back posts and trimming quoted post.
Old 18th July 2019, 08:28   #892
BHPian

Hi friends, my father wants to replace his 6 years old Ritz Zdi with an automatic. Venue dct sx plus and Vitara Brezza zdi plus AMT are the final contenders, the car will be driven by him, a maximum of 800km per month. May go for Venue, but my only worry is the reliability of the dct gearbox. Does it run trouble free, seeing there have been issues with somewhat similar gearboxes from Ford and Volkswagen. Can Hyundai be trusted for this gearbox. I test drove the dct venue from two dealers, one was brand new, only 40 or 50 km on odo, probably some customer’s yet to be delivered car, it worked like a charm, shifts were smooth, downshifts were quick, when sudden pickup was required.
The second one which I test drove was a proper demo vehicle, with around 7000km on odo, in this vehicle, although the shifts were smooth, it appeared to upshift rather quickly, but when sudden pickup was needed, it took around 1 second to downshift, and then caught up with the accelerator input, the pickup also appeared to be uninspiring.
You can find some online data, regarding Hyundai dct gearbox issues, don’t know how genuine they are. On the other hand Vitara Brezza may not be fun to drive, it is an established model, not sure about its future though, with discontinuation of the fiat multijet in 2020, how it is going to survive. Confused between these two, please share your experiences and suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by gsratta : 18th July 2019 at 08:30.
Old 18th July 2019, 12:34   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieBull76 View Post
Its a very deceptive colour(the exterior). Only when its very sunny, it looks dark green, most other times it looks like a dark grey/black vehicle. I'm saying this because at least 10 people have asked me whether mine is a black car. Would suggest you see it in person as well.
A colour that looks black but isn’t one...I’m more tempted to see one in person. Adds character to the colour. Credits to Hyundai for bringing it in.
Also, how are the khakhi interiors? I found the black to be a bit claustrophobic in my TD(I think it just needs some getting used to).
Old 18th July 2019, 14:15   #894
Senior - BHPian

You see photos, you like it, you are interested in it and you read Hyundai Venue launched at 6.5 Lacs. Next step - you go to showroom, you check the car and ask for price to know its more than 13 Lacs OTR for fully loaded model ! It's more than double what you read. That's Indian car scene for you. I hate taxes

By the way, Hyundai is pulling really good numbers for Venue. Early days though, real numbers will be known only after 3-4 months.
aniketi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 17:18   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Confused between these two, please share your experiences and suggestions. Thanks.
AMT and DCT are both different technologies. If you want an Auto let the Auto do its job. You could use manual mode in DCT if you want to decide when to shift.
Old 18th July 2019, 18:14   #896

I have been going through the comments in this forum around Hyundai Venue.

Took a TD recently of Petrol AT. The looks are subjective, I found it similar to
a scaled down Mahindra TUV300, which I personally do not cherish.

The interiors were not impressive either. Front seat comfort was decent but rear seat was not roomy to have 3 adults seated comfortably. C pillar was huge, will surely create a big bling spot while reversing. It had only one cabin light that too in the middle for both front and rear seat occupants. Speaker system was also average. If you compare it with XUV 300/ Nexon, it stands no-where.

Driving this Petrol AT was still impressive and was the only area which brought a smile!
reach_gm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 19:44   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

Venue 1.4 Diesel: Video Review

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 20:46   #898
BHPian

Went to the local Hyundai showroom, took a test drive (both me and missus) - loved the DCT. So much better than our K10 AMT. Good enough space for 2 adults and 2 kids. Compact enough for small roads and tight parking spots of Kerala. Booked SX+ DCT by paying 21k and back home :-)

Have never decided on a car so fast!

Now having a heated discussion with missus on which color to choose - stuck between Fiery Red and Stardust Silver. What would the folks over here recommend?
Krishnan83 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 20:59   #899
BHPian

The red will look smashing in the lush green backdrop of Kerala roads.
Dieselritzer is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 21:47   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reach_gm View Post
It had only one cabin light that too in the middle for both front and rear seat occupants.
There are two cabin lights at the front, above the rear view mirror and one in the middle for back seat occupants.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks