Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2019, 07:19   #901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Someone is feeling the pinch.

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190719_071334__01.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 11:16   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanth View Post
Congratulations! I’ve been wanting to see that colour in person but no luck so far. Can you share more photos of your new car along with the khakhi interiors?

Hi
The Venue looks good in this color, and almost looks black in certain light.

Have received many compliments for the color. I am happy with the color and i know it will be a task to maintain the shine.

Here are a few pics in Morning Light
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue3.png  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue2.png  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue1.png  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue4.png  

patelhemals is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 12:06   #903

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
There are two cabin lights at the front, above the rear view mirror and one in the middle for back seat occupants.
Ok, I actually drove Hyundai Venue S Turbo DCT Automatic which had Only one light in the middle and there was not light in front! Maybe in higher version we have cabin lights in front as well.
Old 19th July 2019, 12:35   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelhemals View Post
Hi
The Venue looks good in this color, and almost looks black in certain light.

Have received many compliments for the color. I am happy with the color and i know it will be a task to maintain the shine.

Here are a few pics in Morning Light
This looks really good. Looks almost black in all the photos except the first one. This is the colour to go for, according to me
pavanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 15:16   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Brezza buyers who bought extended warranty recently would surely feel cheated.

On the other hand, Maruti Suzuki was always sure about its quality, but still chose to mint money in the name of extended warranty.

I'm so much loving the competition heat.
Old 19th July 2019, 15:22   #906
BHPian

BHPians who bought a DCT recently - did you opt for extended warranty? If yes, what was the cost ? Did you buy for 4th year alone or 4th plus 5th year? Whats covered in these warranties? Is this Hyundai level warranty or dealer level? Also, is RSA separate? Any inputs on these would be highly appreciated
Old 19th July 2019, 16:45   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
This order is generally on a 6-month rolling basis with the demand for the first 2-3 months frozen, with ZERO changes allowed.

Generally variants and colours are produced in specific groups / batches to avoid confusion and wastage on the assembly line. You cannot have six different colours being produced one after the other. The process simply cannot support this and thus batches are formed.

This plan is shared with the vendors for parts supply and they in-turn align their production and logistics accordingly. Any change in the production schedule disturbs everything and the Vendors may or may not be able to support the change in plan. Thus, change in schedule is generally not entertained unless it is very very necessary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieBull76 View Post
I understand your anguish but normally the production cycle runs on a relatively longer forecasting window. For example, dealers need to give their broad forecast 2-3 months in advance and the firm one 30-45 days prior. Since production depends on not just the paint like you mentioned but the associated trim options etc. as well, the planning for the required child parts coming from different suppliers too is accordingly lined up.
Guys, thanks for the explanation. Two weeks went in a jiffy, couldn't discuss with you.

While I understood most of what you shared, but I still have few queries. Will appreciate if you can guide on those as well. I am dividing my doubts in two parts :

Colour sensitive parts from suppliers :
From what I know through my contacts in few OEMs, forecasting is usually divided as follows (this may vary amongst OEMs & suppliers) :
  • Imported Parts : 6 month tentative & 3 month firm
  • Local parts (with multiple sub-suppliers) : 3 month tentative & 1 month firm.
  • Local parts (usually simpler parts like casting/ machining parts) : 1 month tentative & 15 days firm
  • Colour sensitive parts (colouring/ painting process at Tier 1 local supplier) : Colour forecast is usually fortnightly.

I am assuming that :
A) the only colour varying parts that come from suppliers are bumpers and shark-fin antenna (at the moment, not considering interior parts for dual tone / deep forest colour options).
B) since booking for SX(O) variant in other shades is open, the availability of other interior/ exterior parts is not an issue.

Now, at supplier end, is it too difficult to modify plan for only colour for these two parts, while other specs remain unchanged. That too when OEM is having huge demand for particular colours and is pushing for it.

Colour sensitive parts, painted internally :
The actual demand break-up might have been different from what was internally projected, but again in-house paint shops are flexible enough to deal with multiple colour demands per day. And let's not forget that, typically, a paint shop caters to multiple models each day (which may not have common shades).

At Hyundai paint shop, will it be too difficult to change the colour plan even weekly/ fortnightly ?

Quote:
Take the deep forest for instance; its the first time this colour has been introduced and one cannot anticipate for sure what the demand will be like.
I had already given benefit of doubt to Deep Forest as many internal parts have changes and its difficult to re-sync all those plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power House View Post
Yes, above email communication from Hyundai is true. Even i got a copy of this email from the dealer. I had booked at MGF Hyundai, Alleppey, Kerala.
I interacted with few more dealers and got same reply.
AutoNoob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2019, 09:14   #908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
BHPians who bought a DCT recently - did you opt for extended warranty? If yes, what was the cost ? Did you buy for 4th year alone or 4th plus 5th year? Whats covered in these warranties? Is this Hyundai level warranty or dealer level? Also, is RSA separate? Any inputs on these would be highly appreciated

Just yesterday Got to know that the Extended 4th Year Warranty i bought is limited to 80,000 kms (This is so absurd, since standard warranty is 3 years unlimited warranty)

The Dealer (Shreenath Hyundai) conveniently forgot to inform me of this when he pushed me to buy the extended warranty. I am going to ask him to cancel the extended warranty and issue a refund.
patelhemals is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 09:11   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Just yesterday Got to know that the Extended 4th Year Warranty i bought is limited to 80,000 kms (This is so absurd, since standard warranty is 3 years unlimited warranty)

The Dealer (Shreenath Hyundai) conveniently forgot to inform me of this when he pushed me to buy the extended warranty. I am going to ask him to cancel the extended warranty and issue a refund.
In Goa the dealer is giving extended warranty for the 4th year for 100000 kms. I am yet to take details of what is covered in the extended warranty.
a_myth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 10:46   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Hi friends, my father wants to replace his 6 years old Ritz Zdi with an automatic. Venue dct sx plus and Vitara Brezza zdi plus AMT are the final contenders, the car will be driven by him, a maximum of 800km per month. May go for Venue, but my only worry is the reliability of the dct gearbox. Does it run trouble free, seeing there have been issues with somewhat similar gearboxes from Ford and Volkswagen. Can Hyundai be trusted for this gearbox. I test drove the dct venue from two dealers, one was brand new, only 40 or 50 km on odo, probably some customer’s yet to be delivered car, it worked like a charm, shifts were smooth, downshifts were quick, when sudden pickup was required.
The second one which I test drove was a proper demo vehicle, with around 7000km on odo, in this vehicle, although the shifts were smooth, it appeared to upshift rather quickly, but when sudden pickup was needed, it took around 1 second to downshift, and then caught up with the accelerator input, the pickup also appeared to be uninspiring.
You can find some online data, regarding Hyundai dct gearbox issues, don’t know how genuine they are. On the other hand Vitara Brezza may not be fun to drive, it is an established model, not sure about its future though, with discontinuation of the fiat multijet in 2020, how it is going to survive. Confused between these two, please share your experiences and suggestions. Thanks.

Why don't you have a look at the Nexon AMT as well? The Nexon does feel better built than the Brezza and on par with the Venue. Plus a whopping 2 lakh rupees cheaper than the Venue DCT and provides you most of the creature comforts. It has been tested for a 5 star global NCAP rating.
Paying 14L for the SX+ DCT variant which still provides you with only 2 airbags is a reason I'm staying away from the Venue. The suspension too isn't as taut as the Brezza or Nexon. Just sharing my two cents here. The Venue is a decent product albeit overpriced.
advenk999 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 17:14   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_myth View Post
In Goa the dealer is giving extended warranty for the 4th year for 100000 kms. I am yet to take details of what is covered in the extended warranty.
Do you have any idea of the price for extended 4th Year warranty for 100,000 kms?
Old 21st July 2019, 18:08   #912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Please share the newspaper name and the date it was published. I called all dealers in my city, as well as Maruti customer care. None of them are aware of such an offer. TIA.
Old 21st July 2019, 18:58   #913
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayanksabharwal View Post
Please share the newspaper name and the date it was published. I called all dealers in my city, as well as Maruti customer care. None of them are aware of such an offer. TIA.
Newspaper name - Hindustan Dainik
Link - http://mepaper.livehindustan.com/epa...88/Page-5.html

http://mepaper.livehindustan.com/ima...sinwindows.php

The same news has been picked up by Rushlane and Carwale.

Rushlane - https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-brez...-12317739.html

Carwale - https://www.carwale.com/m/news/marut...hindra-xuv300/

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st July 2019 at 19:03.
Old 21st July 2019, 19:10   #914
BHPian

Quote:
Do you have any idea of the price for extended 4th Year warranty for 100,000 kms?
Attaching the complete detailed price list as shared by one showroom executive.
I am desperately waiting for the teambhp official review to take a call on booking the Venue diesel sx(o) model.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190721_190326.jpg  

Old 21st July 2019, 19:16   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advenk999 View Post
Why don't you have a look at the Nexon AMT as well? The Nexon does feel better built than the Brezza and on par with the Venue. Plus a whopping 2 lakh rupees cheaper than the Venue DCT and provides you most of the creature comforts. It has been tested for a 5 star global NCAP rating.
Paying 14L for the SX+ DCT variant which still provides you with only 2 airbags is a reason I'm staying away from the Venue. The suspension too isn't as taut as the Brezza or Nexon. Just sharing my two cents here. The Venue is a decent product albeit overpriced.
Thanks for the suggestion, we have already purchased the Vitara Brezza Zdi plus Silver colour, and really satisfied with our purchase. It feels good to have the features like rear wash and wipe, split folding rear seat, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, more storage spaces like double glove boxes, one cooled, passenger side underseat storage, which are all missing in the Venue, some are critical like rear wash and wipe. Overall it feels a lot more spacious than the Venue, and the bonus is the marvellous fuel economy, on the first highway trip of around 500km, it returned around 23kmpl, measured using tankful to tankful method, at a speed of 90-100kmph. We saved more than 1 lac, in the on road price, as compared to the price of the venue, and it will also save on the running cost. As regards to the Amt, it is much more refined, compared to the earlier versions of other amt cars from Maruti. You just need to get used to it.
gsratta is online now   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed