Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2019, 16:43   #976
BHPian

It's a great drive , and possibly the most engaging small Hyundai yet. But I got appalling mileage of 6.5 kpl over 100 Kms of driving it. Try it out from your friendly Revv self drive.

This is pure in city driving over the weekend in Gurgaon - translates to average traffic

Last edited by JishD : 2nd August 2019 at 16:47.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 10:33   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Just sharing a nasty surprise found beneath the ribbon today, a small but deep gash . Family had checked the whole car before delivery and who could have imagined this.

Attachment 1898444
Just to update, dealer Arsh Hyundai after initially promising a solution soon to the dent/cut and pestering me to give 10/10 rating to Hyundai feedback (which I reluctantly obliged), now they are not responding. However I have applied a Rust-Oleum clear enamel spray paint to cover the cut to avoid rust.

Further, the car's information cluster tells me that I am getting about 8.6KM/L fuel average, driving light footed completely in the city with air conditioning using HP 'Power' petrol. Just for perspective, my Maruti Celerio AMT gives me about 10.5KM/L on the same commute and same fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
It's a great drive , and possibly the most engaging small Hyundai yet. But I got appalling mileage of 6.5 kpl over 100 Kms of driving it. Try it out from your friendly Revv self drive.

This is pure in city driving over the weekend in Gurgaon - translates to average traffic
I got the same fuel average till first 200kms, it shall improve, expect around 8+Kmpl

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2019 at 21:25. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts. Thanks.
liberal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 20:42   #978
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Hyundai creates history in India. Beating Maruti in 4m CSUV segment.
Hyundai sold 9,585 units of the Venue in July compared to Maruti selling 5,302 units of the Vitara Brezza.

Maruti will be feeling the heat.
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 21:22   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal View Post
Just to update, dealer Arsh Hyundai after initially promising a solution soon to the dent/cut and pestering me to give 10/10 rating to Hyundai feedback (which I reluctantly obliged), now they are not responding. However I have applied a Rust-Oleum clear enamel spray paint to cover the cut to avoid rust.
Please complain to Hyundai and don't let go of the matter till it is fixed and the bonnet gash area repainted/paint touched up with a brush. Also mention that you were coerced to giving a good rating.

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 3rd August 2019 at 21:23.
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 22:39   #980
BHPian

Could anyone share the weight of different Venue variants (1.4D, 1.0P, 1.2P)
This information is not found anywhere. The current owners can get the same from their RC card (unladen weight).
Old 3rd August 2019, 23:02   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Maruti will be feeling the heat.
Very much. As per Auto Punditz (http://www.autopunditz.com/), in July 2019 as compared to July 2018, Maruti Suzuki (Arena + Nexa) has lost a market share of 4.9% while Hyundai has gained a market share of 4.4%. July 2019 sales numbers look like a double whammy for the market leader.

Last edited by petroguzzler : 3rd August 2019 at 23:03.
Old 3rd August 2019, 23:51   #982
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
Could anyone share the weight of different Venue variants (1.4D, 1.0P, 1.2P)
This information is not found anywhere. The current owners can get the same from their RC card (unladen weight).

Even I'm curious to find the same out, especially the weight of the 1.4 diesel.

If it weights less than the i20, it will be a pretty sprightly car, else.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 17:08   #983
Senior - BHPian

Got this video in my recommendations:

It is a user review of the 1.0 DCT variant in a mix of Hindi + English language. Customer has moved from Dzire diesel and is mostly satisfied with the purchase apart from a few areas such as lack of side airbags and mileage.

Last edited by self_driven : 4th August 2019 at 17:09.
Old 5th August 2019, 09:24   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

Venue becomes the best seller for Hyundai in its July Sales . But will it sustain this hype?

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-capture.jpg

Quote:
As per Hyundai; over 55 per cent of the Venue sold are BlueLink-enabled variant. And out of the 50,000 bookings, over 35 per cent of customers have preferred the Hyundai’s in-house DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) technology

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th August 2019 at 09:26.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 09:35   #985
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The Venue SX# DCT Turbo Petrol AT is the perfect choice for someone looking for ease and utility.

My parents liked it a lot when they test drove it.

What put me off terribly at the 13.5
Lac on road price point, was the fact that this spec petrol AT only comes with 2 airbags and can you believe the idiocy of Hyundai? - the rear seat in this variant does not have 60:40 split foldability! Wow, they must indeed be saving tons of their money by skimping on these basic features!
Beyond this one more grouse I have is that the front passenger seat cannot be adjusted for height.
And with this vehicle which is a new launch could they not have given disc brakes at the rear?
I really dont understand why these manufacturers skimp like this!
This is what comes of having bean counters instead of practical/
pragmatic/ knowledgeable enthusiasts running the show!
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 10:11   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
The Venue SX# DCT Turbo Petrol AT is the perfect choice for someone looking for ease and utility.

My parents liked it a lot when they test drove it.

What put me off terribly at the 13.5
Lac on road price point, was the fact that this spec petrol AT only comes with 2 airbags and can you believe the idiocy of Hyundai? - the rear seat in this variant does not have 60:40 split foldability! Wow, they must indeed be saving tons of their money by skimping on these basic features!
Beyond this one more grouse I have is that the front passenger seat cannot be adjusted for height.
And with this vehicle which is a new launch could they not have given disc brakes at the rear?
I really dont understand why these manufacturers skimp like this!
This is what comes of having bean counters instead of practical/
pragmatic/ knowledgeable enthusiasts running the show!
How I wish Tata Nexon launches with at least a TC. If the XZ+ is launched with TC at 12.5L on road Bangalore there will be surely more takers for the Automatic.
Buyers don't demand stuff like rear disc or multi-link suspension or ESP and EBD so manufacturers do not care. What is provided is what is demanded by public, Sun roof, big touch screen and other gimmicky stuff.
We as a market need to mature till then we will get cars with low safety.
Old 5th August 2019, 10:45   #987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
How I wish Tata Nexon launches with at least a TC. If the XZ+ is launched with TC at 12.5L on road Bangalore there will be surely more takers for the Automatic.
Buyers don't demand stuff like rear disc or multi-link suspension or ESP and EBD so manufacturers do not care. What is provided is what is demanded by public, Sun roof, big touch screen and other gimmicky stuff.
We as a market need to mature till then we will get cars with low safety.

Correct me if I am wrong, this variant does not even get a rear wiper/washer.
Old 5th August 2019, 12:01   #988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
But I got appalling mileage of 6.5 kpl over 100 Kms of driving it. Try it out from your friendly Revv self drive.
Well, hyundai petrol ATs were never really frugal. Even i20 1.2 NA petrol with the supposedly more frugal CVT gets 6-8kmpl in city as per owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Hyundai sold 9,585 units of the Venue in July compared to Maruti selling 5,302 units of the Vitara Brezza.
That's a sight nobody imagined only a couple of months back. And more than the product its got to be the trust-factor associated with the brand. Just like Maruti, people associate Hyudai with a peace-of-mind ownership and its showing. Way to go Hyundai.

Hope this wakes up Maruti and they provide what the Brezza has been lacking all this while. A PETROL motor along with proper AT.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. I was all set to get the Nexon AT , only to be dissapointed after test driving the AMT. Told this to the SA & even in the feedback call that I received later about loosing out on prospective customers due to lack of proper AT box. Hope they understand and bring in a proper TC box or DCT.

Last edited by SoumenD : 5th August 2019 at 12:05.
Old 5th August 2019, 12:11   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, this variant does not even get a rear wiper/washer.
Do not know about the latest revision but I have xz+ and it has rear wiper
Old 5th August 2019, 12:20   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do not know about the latest revision but I have xz+ and it has rear wiper
He is speaking about Venue DCT not Nexon, which dont have rear wiper, no spilt seat, etc which looks stupid for a 14 lakh car. For me also these things put me off along with 6 kmpl which test drive vehicle was showing. I am already driving Honda City TC automatic with 9-10 kmpl, not prepared to take mileage below this.

Considering all these i went for Nexon XZA+ Diesel, which has all these and give mileage of around 15kmpl in city, and 22-25kmpl in highways.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks