Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2019, 12:31   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
He is speaking about Venue DCT not Nexon, which dont have rear wiper, no spilt seat, etc which looks stupid for a 14 lakh car. For me also these things put me off along with 6 kmpl which test drive vehicle was showing. I am already driving Honda City TC automatic with 9-10 kmpl, not prepared to take mileage below this.

Considering all these i went for Nexon XZA+ Diesel, which has all these and give mileage of around 15kmpl in city, and 22-25kmpl in highways.
Yes I meant Venue top end DCt. thanks for pointing that out!
Old 5th August 2019, 13:47   #992
BHPian

I drove my wife's Venue DCT on the highway last week for the first time. It was 120 KM's from Chennai to Ranipet a mix of about 50-50 city to highway. It returned a mileage of 14 km per litre similar to my vento TSI. I drove mostly at 90 KMPH on the highway and very rarely crossed the 100 KMPH mark only for overtaking maneuvers.

I'm thinking of starting a review thread comparing the driving experience with the Vento TSI.

Inside Chennai it returns about 9 to 10 km per litre on average.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 14:15   #993
BANNED

Quote:

Considering all these i went for Nexon XZA+ Diesel, which has all these and give mileage of around 15kmpl in city, and 22-25kmpl in highways .
Oh really? :rolleyes

I genuinely doubt that. Even Tata doesn't claim that much.
simeonovitch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 14:37   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I drove my wife's Venue DCT on the highway last week for the first time. It was 120 KM's from Chennai to Ranipet a mix of about 50-50 city to highway. It returned a mileage of 14 km per litre similar to my vento TSI. I drove mostly at 90 KMPH on the highway and very rarely crossed the 100 KMPH mark only for overtaking maneuvers.

I'm thinking of starting a review thread comparing the driving experience with the Vento TSI.

Inside Chennai it returns about 9 to 10 km per litre on average.

Not many own both Vento/Venue auto. A Vento/Venue auto comparison will be really helpful for prospective buyers. Eagerly waiting for it.

The Venue is in my radar and I can swallow the bitter pill of giving up basic features like the rear wiper, 60:40 split seats for a car priced 13L but some of the reported mileage of 6.5 kmpl in this thread is causing more concern for me. My current drive is a Jazz CVT which returns close to 12 kmpl in Chennai 100% city conditions with light foot. If one can extract around 10kmpl on the Venue with some light foot driving, it will be much more manageable.

Any idea when the TBHP review for venue is going to come out?? I believe the media drives happened end of May and I keep refreshing the page every weekend hoping for the review to come up.
Old 5th August 2019, 22:55   #995
BHPian

TIMES OF INDIA
MUMBAI EDITION

Quote:
According to numbers accessed by TOI, the Venue sold 9,585 units in July against the 5,302 units recorded by Brezza.
Mahindra’s XUV300 notched up sales of 4,464 units in the month.

Source : TOI Mumbai
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 05:37   #996
BHPian

A thought just crossed my mind regarding the upgrade of Venue Diesel engine to bs6. It would be amazing if Hyundai would offer the new 1.5 litre engine from Kia seltos in a down tuned version maybe accompanied by the 6 speed automatic. Are there any news regarding which Diesel engine are we getting in the bs6 version.
Old 6th August 2019, 06:26   #997
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Hyundai creates history in India. Beating Maruti in 4m CSUV segment.
Hyundai sold 9,585 units of the Venue in July compared to Maruti selling 5,302 units of the Vitara Brezza.

Maruti will be feeling the heat.

Maruti has for years been taking customers for granted just because pretty much anything they bring in, sells.

The Brezza is the perfect choice for a medium sized family who want space, high ground clearance and an SUV look but who do not really care about the functionalities.

The Venue (and rightly so in a fast maturing market) has topped the Brezza simply on account of it being a new offering, the features it gives and the fact that Hyundai easily rivals Maruti for the service and reliability aspects. Yes Hyundai are also guilty of taking the India market for granted but they still deliver cars which are easily equal if not better than Maruti's offerings!

This is a real 'mass market' and this is definitely not to be ignored if a manufacturer wants to succeed.

The 'class' 'pricey' end of the spectrum of course has fewer offerings in terms of variants available but thats only to be expected considering the prices in India.

Which is why, increasingly I, along with several friends of mine, am becoming a very firm convert to the concept of either hanging on to a good automobile for longer periods and when necessary,
considering lateral upgrades through the used car route.

Better to spend money on experiences rather than EMI's. And these experiences can include some trips to interesting countries where one can also get to rent and experience a wide variety of excellent cars, both modern and vintage/ classic!

The 'ownership/ possession' mania is on the wane. The 'usage/ experiential side' is on the rise..

Very Clearly. No doubt about it at all.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 09:26   #998
BHPian

I wouldn't worry too much because we've been driving the Venue DCT in Chennai for about a month now and we've never gotten a mileage as low as 6.5. It returns between 8.5 and 10 on average. It probably depends on your driving style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
Not many own both Vento/Venue auto. A Vento/Venue auto comparison will be really helpful for prospective buyers. Eagerly waiting for it.

The Venue is in my radar and I can swallow the bitter pill of giving up basic features like the rear wiper, 60:40 split seats for a car priced 13L but some of the reported mileage of 6.5 kmpl in this thread is causing more concern for me. My current drive is a Jazz CVT which returns close to 12 kmpl in Chennai 100% city conditions with light foot. If one can extract around 10kmpl on the Venue with some light foot driving, it will be much more manageable.

Any idea when the TBHP review for venue is going to come out?? I believe the media drives happened end of May and I keep refreshing the page every weekend hoping for the review to come up.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 09:39   #999
BHPian

And up the list she climbs. (AutoPunditz)

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-img_20190806_093827.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 6th August 2019 at 09:40.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 09:39   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post

Please see the proof and verify, even if take 3-4 kmpl as error. I have measured tank to tank also on highways runs giving 22kmpl when driven below 120kmph in Bangalore-Hassan road, 2kmpl was MID error when i measured it.

30 kmpl in MID when cruising between 80-90 kmph.

27.7 kmpl in MID after driving through hill(yelagiri hills) and highway(Bangalore-Hosur road), with 90 to 100 in highways.

I feel when i see MIDs with 6 or 7 kmpl, that i made right decision going with Nexon Diesel. Anything less than 9 in Bangalore is not acceptable to me, my Honda city TC gives 10kmpl in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1pic.jpg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-2pic.jpg  

Last edited by shamanth : 6th August 2019 at 09:46.
shamanth is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 09:47   #1001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post

Quote:
Please see the proof and verify, even if take 3-4 kmpl as error. I have measured tank to tank also on highways runs giving 22kmpl when driven below 120kmph in Bangalore-Hassan road, 2kmpl was MID error when i measured it.
In the "CITY" mode and with sedate driving, the Nexon is known to give incredible mileages in city as well as highway. Even in auto-mag reviews, they have conceded that the Nexon (in petrol as well as diesel) is one of the highest fuel efficient cars in "real world" testing regardless of ARAI ratings. The numbers quoted above might be about 3-4 kmpl off with MID. Yet those are significantly higher numbers beyond doubt & most users are reporting similar numbers.

It has a far more balanced efficiency range in city-highway compared to the Venue and some others who have quite a big variance between their city & highway fuel efficiency figures.

Of course - that is expected with an AMT which has its other shortcomings when compared with a TC/CVT or DCT that the Venue has.

Considering that the Venue comes with a 1.0 TC + DCT engine, low efficiency is expected in city driving since it needs to be throttled much more and needs to work in turbo zone with that. Any car with a slightly higher than 1.0 L engine with AMT with a weight comparable to these C-SUVs will often give a better & flat fuel efficiency curve. Viz. Nexon, EcoSport.

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th August 2019 at 09:58.
Reinhard is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:49   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
And up the list she climbs. (AutoPunditz)

Attachment 1902841
So, no Brezza in the Top 10. The effect of Venue cannot be more telling than this, where Brezza was always in the Top 10 cars sold till now. And look at the numbers of Creta and i20 from their own stable - since the launch of Venue, both i20 and Creta has fallen below 10K level.

And worse, Creta has hit its lowest monthly sales after a pretty long time - the last time it sold below 6,585 units was in June 2017, which was due to introduction of GST which had its effect on all the cars sold in that month. If you discount that month, then the lowest month dates back to Dec 2016, which was when it started climbing up and reached the levels of 10K eventually, now to fall due to its own sibling.
jpcoolguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 14:42   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
So, no Brezza in the Top 10. The effect of Venue cannot be more telling than this, where Brezza was always in the Top 10 cars sold till now. And look at the numbers of Creta and i20 from their own stable - since the launch of Venue, both i20 and Creta has fallen below 10K level.
Precisely! I'm sure Tata, Mahindra & Ford breathed a sigh of relief like never before.

They must have loved to see that the Venue either ate into the Brezza or cannibalized own siblings in Creta, I20. The Nexon, XUV300/TUV300, EcoSport numbers have stayed pretty much where they were & any changes aren't exactly a direct reflection on Venue's appearance. (Per se. Of course - without the Venue's arrival, still the customers of I20, Verna, Brezza would have opted for Nexon/XUV300/Ecosport in some proportion more in comparison to previous month.)

Gives interesting insights about our market & consumer dynamics also. Easy to see the trends and analyze which customers will be swayed by which target product easily while which customers don't cross shop and have specific requirements.

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th August 2019 at 14:44.
Reinhard is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 14:42   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures of Forest Green. Few in this thread asked. But as someone said, it's very deceptive, It is blackish-greyish-dark green. Somewhat closer ones are available in Jazz and Kwid.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venuse3.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venus2.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190806-1.38.00-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th August 2019 at 18:06. Reason: typo edited
agbenny is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 17:57   #1005
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Some pictures of Forest Green. Few in this thread asked. But as someone said, it's very deceptive, It is blackish-greyish-dark green. Somewhat closer ones are available in Jazz and Kwid.
Loved the colour! I like this shade in the Jazz too. Looks nice sort of a chameleon. 2 colours at the price of one .

However at the same time, IMHO the already polarizing grille looks the worst with this colour. No offense.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th August 2019 at 18:07. Reason: quote content edited
Closed Thread

Most Viewed