Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 18:18   #1006
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Some pictures of Forest Green. Few in this thread asked. But as someone said, it's very deceptive, It is blackish-greyish-dark green. Somewhat closer ones are available in Jazz and Kwid.

The Venue looks gorgeous in that Forest Green.
No doubt about it.

Saying that, they could possibly have put a little more green pigment in the mixture to actually make it close to real Forest Green.

Like the Dark metallic Turf Green of the old 2005-2006 Bolero Sportz or the 2002-2003 Dark Green Scorpios or even the Harvest Green of my Gypsy or the Henna Green of the Maruti 800,Omni and Gypsy of 2002-2003 era....
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 21:23   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some pictures of Forest Green. Few in this thread asked. But as someone said, it's very deceptive, It is blackish-greyish-dark green. Somewhat closer ones are available in Jazz and Kwid.

Honda had a very similar colour in the City as well, a very deep brown, and almost black and you can not make out the colour unless you take a close look. Makes me wonder, why do manufacturers resort to such deep brown or green colours that almost resemble black? Its not like there is a big fan following in India for such deep and dark colours.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 15:03   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs

It looks like a dark metallic green paint over with black clearcoat instead of the usual colourless one. Similar to the Activa where the base colour of all the metallics is silver and then coloured clearcoat is sprayed over it for each shade
Old 7th August 2019, 17:21   #1009
BHPian

Offtopic :-

Venue sales exceed that of brezza per news18 article.

Source - https://www.news18.com/news/auto/hyu...n-2258349.html
Old 8th August 2019, 17:49   #1010
BHPian

Can anyone who owns Venue 1.0 Turbo Petrol Manual throw some light on real world mileage and provide some feedback on driving dynamics of 3 cylinder motor with MT?

The wait for official review is becoming very long.

Any expected timeline for the official TBHP review of Venue?
rahul_goyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 22:25   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
No doubt about it.

Saying that, they could possibly have put a little more green pigment in the mixture to actually make it close to real Forest Green.

Like the Dark metallic Turf Green of the old 2005-2006 Bolero Sportz or the 2002-2003 Dark Green Scorpios or even the Harvest Green of my Gypsy or the Henna Green of the Maruti 800,Omni and Gypsy of 2002-2003 era....
LED front, Chrome handles, shiny front grill normally looks way better the dark shades than in white and silver or grey. Yes, a 5-10% lesser darkness would have made it better. Seems it is in high demand after blue, we just heard from the dealer that only white ones are keep coming more. Waiting for the last 7 weeks to see it in person, though booked without seeing it. :-)
Old 8th August 2019, 22:30   #1012
BHPian

Quote:
LED front, Chrome handles, shiny front grill normally looks way better the dark shades than in white and silver or grey. Yes, a 5-10% lesser darkness would have made it better. Seems it is in high demand after blue, we just heard from the dealer that only white ones are keep coming more. Waiting for the last 7 weeks to see it in person, though booked without seeing it. :-)
It's in high demand as it's the only shade in which the DCT gets the dual tone interiors, which impart a better sense of space compared to all-black.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 17:45   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simeonovitch View Post
Oh really? :rolleyes

I genuinely doubt that. Even Tata doesn't claim that much.
He's not kidding. I also have a Nexon XZ+ (diesel) and that gives me 14.6 kmpl in the city T2T. My MID also shows the same. I haven't gotten the chance to take it on the highway so no comment on highway efficiency figures.
Old 10th August 2019, 12:12   #1014
BHPian

A few more pics of my Deep Forest Hyundai Venue DCT SX+

I personally loved the colour and booked this colour during launch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
No doubt about it.

Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue12.jpeg  

Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-venue123.jpeg  

patelhemals is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 12:21   #1015
BHPian

I just have a question to those that have received their Venues and have been driving it for a while now - Do you use the connected car features? Does it actually help you or do you believe it is just a gimmick? Would you renew the subscription to those features when the day comes?
Old 11th August 2019, 17:33   #1016
BHPian

This was observed in my friend's Venue.
The car was having Ceat branded tyres (215 R16), but the spare tyre was Alnac 4G (195 R15) with steel rims.
Is the size difference because of having the spare as "space saver". Never seen the concept of space saver in budget segment before. Please correct me if am wrong.
Also, from vehicle production point of view, is it correct to keep 2 different branded tyres in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Venue : Official Preview. EDIT: Launched @ 6.5 lakhs-1565525029644.jpg  

Old 11th August 2019, 19:01   #1017
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
This was observed in my friend's Venue.
The car was having Ceat branded tyres (215 R16), but the spare tyre was Alnac 4G (195 R15) with steel rims.
Is the size difference because of having the spare as "space saver". Never seen the concept of space saver in budget segment before. Please correct me if am wrong.
Also, from vehicle production point of view, is it correct to keep 2 different branded tyres in the car.

Yes the size difference is because of 'space saver' considerations. And yes it is perfectly possible to have two different brands of tyres in the car in such scenarios.
For example, my 8 year old Yeti, when I bought it in 2011, came with OEM 215/60/16 Goodyear Assurance tyres on its 4 wheels and a Continental 195/60/16 in the boot as its space saver spare tyre.
Yes indeed the so called budget segment is also taking certain cues from the so called higher end segments in some of these aspects.
So,this is perfectly fine and you're good to go!
Old 12th August 2019, 00:21   #1018
BHPian

Hello,

Looking for few suggestions here. I drive about 1200 KM per month. I have almost finalized on Venue S which is my budget plus 2 lakhs .

On casually comparing the prices of Diesel I found the price difference in Chennai is 40000/- only.

Got confused if it will be worth buying a diesel mill because I can make it up on diesel mileage and on fuel cost.

Also won’t the resale value of Diesel cars increase once smaller engines are no longer produced.

Please help. Thanks.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 00:53   #1019
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthang View Post
Hello,

Looking for few suggestions here. I drive about 1200 KM per month. I have almost finalized on Venue S which is my budget plus 2 lakhs .

On casually comparing the prices of Diesel I found the price difference in Chennai is 40000/- only.

Got confused if it will be worth buying a diesel mill because I can make it up on diesel mileage and on fuel cost.

Also won’t the resale value of Diesel cars increase once smaller engines are no longer produced.

Please help. Thanks.
The S variant has the 1.2 right? That itself is a reason enough to splurge the extra 40k for the 1.4 diesel. The 1.2 is a very sluggish engine(having driven it on the i20 and even the Grand i10), whereas the 1.4 is a very capable engine even in the Creta which is a much heavier car.

The other advantages which you will have will be an added bonus. Go for the excellent 1.4 CRDi.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 05:54   #1020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The S variant has the 1.2 right?

The other advantages which you will have will be an added bonus. Go for the excellent 1.4 CRDi.
Thanks AYP. The S comes both in 1.2 and 1.0 turbo.
I have decided on 1.0 Turbo. I didn’t go for 1.2 because of the same sluggish reason that my friends told me and also the mileage on Venue 1.2 is 8 KMs/L.

My other worry is will new restriction on Diesel engines affect existing cars?.

Last edited by Ananthang : 12th August 2019 at 05:59. Reason: Added few more details.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks