Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2019, 17:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

Mahindra has launched the TUV300 facelift at prices starting at Rs. 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It is available in five variants - T4+, T6+, T8, T10 and T10 (O).

Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-hero-shot-bg.jpg

The updated TUV300 gets a piano black front grille with black chrome inserts and revised headlamp clusters with black surrounds and integrated LED daytime running lights. The SUV is offered in a dual-tone exterior with a black roof, roof rails, blacked-out A and B-pillars, black ORVM housings and a new spare wheel cover finished in metallic grey.

Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-tuv300.jpg

The TUV300 comes with a dual-tone interior with silver trim. It features a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS and a reverse parking camera. It is powered by a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that produces 100 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 240 Nm of torque @ 1,600-2,800 rpm. It is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-premium-interiors-pininfarina.jpg

The new TUV300 is available in five single-tone colour options including Bold Black, Majestic Silver, Pearl White and two new shades of red - Highway Red and Mystic Copper. It is also available in two dual-tone colour options including Highway Red and Black and Silver and Black.

Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-spacious-7-seater-.jpg

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):

T4+ - Rs. 8,49,196

T6+ - Rs. 9,09,196

T8 - Rs. 9,71,460

T10 - Rs. 9,99,614

T10 Dual Tone - Rs. 10,22,930

T10 (O) - Rs. 10,26,812

T10 (O) Dual Tone - Rs. 10,50,128

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 11:05   #2

Re: Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh

This looks hot. Never been a fan of TUV and wasn't looking forward to this facelift, but I have to say, I'm impressed.
Old 4th May 2019, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

What needs to be known is, with the facelift, will the TUV300 clear the crash tests or will there be another update?

Also, surprising to know that this update doesnt give the TUV300 Apple CarPlay or Androiod auto.

And, will the Plus also get these updates. I sometimes feel that's a big missed opportunity by Mahindra, that model has a serious potential to replace the Bolero!
fx45 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 13:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The updated TUV300 gets a piano black front grille with black chrome inserts and revised headlamp clusters with black surrounds and integrated LED daytime running lights.
The DRLs were long overdue. Good that they have provided simple ones and not jazzy like the ones on TUV3OO. Gels well with the aggressive front look.

Quote:
The SUV is offered in a dual-tone exterior with a black roof, roof rails, blacked-out A and B-pillars, black ORVM housings and a new spare wheel cover finished in metallic grey.
All these are very welcome additions , but why did they miss out on blackening the "C" pillar. This looks like an odd man out. When you would be looking at the side profile, the whole upper half of the body will appear black for the dual tone version, except the "C" pillar, which will look like jutting out from the lower half of the body

Quote:
The TUV300 comes with a dual-tone interior with silver trim. It features a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS and a reverse parking camera. It is powered by a 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine that produces 100 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 240 Nm of torque @ 1,600-2,800 rpm. It is paired with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Looks like no changes in this department

Quote:
The new TUV300 is available in five single-tone colour options including Bold Black, Majestic Silver, Pearl White and two new shades of red - Highway Red and Mystic Copper. It is also available in two dual-tone colour options including Highway Red and Black and Silver and Black.
I don't find my car's color in this Sunset Orange. Has it been replaced by Mystic Copper?

Edit: The below point in the news article from indianautosblog drew my attention.
Quote:
Unlike in the old model, a 5-speed automated manual transmission isn't available. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard.
Does this mean that with the launch of the facelift, M&M has stopped manufacturing the AMT version of the TUV? Look at the Specifications screen grab below from the official website, the AMT version is mysteriously missing.
Mahindra TUV300 facelift launched at Rs. 8.49 lakh-engine-specs.png

Also attaching the latest brochure for your reference. Even the brochure mentions Gearbox as "5 speed manual) and no mention about the AMT

brochure.pdf

Last edited by ajmat : 5th May 2019 at 14:52.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 13:35   #5
BHPian

Looks more appealing alright. Except for the non blacked out C-pillar. Won't be an issue with the single tone variants though.

Will the 1.2L turbocharged petrol engine (that powers the XUV300 - maybe with a different state of tune) find its way on the TUV300 any time in the near future?
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 11:06   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Will the 1.2L turbocharged petrol engine (that powers the XUV300 - maybe with a different state of tune) find its way on the TUV300 any time in the near future?
Dr.Pawan Goenka has said as of early 2019 that Mahindra car models currently running on 1.5L diesel engines "can go eitherway" and could possibly run on petrol engines. They'd be experimenting TUV 300 test mules with petrol engines currently for all we know.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 11:18   #7
BHPian

Not the best of facelifts, I'd say! They could've retained that clean-looking front end. The new face, to me, appears a bit toy-like. And that body-coloured C-Pillar in the midst of all that black sticks out real bad, making me wonder who even comes up with such ideas. But well, the target audience wouldn't really mind, I guess. That tail-lamp too looks odd. No mechanical changes, or am I missing something? Hope they've sorted out those wheelspin issues that the pre-facelift ones had.

I'm still wondering why Mahindra isn't bothered to introduce a 4x4 variant of the TUV. It'd be a first-in-the-segment feature and would give a distinct advantage to this otherwise boring package (no offense to TUV owners, please!), making it appealing enough even for urban buyers looking for a more modern alternative to the Thar. Or is Mahindra worried about such a variant cannibalising the Thar which is giving them a FAT profit margin?
ram.iyer95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 14:21   #8
BHPian

The facelift looks neat, not a mere sticker job but some real additions to styling

Considering the under 4m SUV space, some of the unique things about TUV300 are

1. It is the only rear wheel drive
2. It is the only ladder on frame chassis
3. it has no cheap suspension, it has got a double whisbone in the front and multi axle at the rear

It is a proper SUV in under 4m category. My wish list of improvement, may be for the next generation TUV300 would be

1. The wheels. Given the tallness, I feel they look a tad smaller in size (R15). For example, all compact SUVs have R16, R17. Even M&Ms overlapping models XUV300 and some variants of Scorpio have got R17.

2. Better rear seat comfort, looks too much a bench.

3. None of the competitors under 4m have a 4WD or AWD. If M&M can provide one it can be a good USP.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 5th May 2019 at 14:50. Reason: additions
Thermodynamics is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th May 2019, 19:40   #9
BHPian

A Decent Effort

The facelift looks decent in & out. Pininfarina effect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
1. The wheels. Given the tallness, I feel they look a tad smaller in size (R15). For example, all compact SUVs have R16, R17. Even M&Ms overlapping models XUV300 and some variants of Scorpio have got R17.

2. Better rear seat comfort, looks too much a bench.

3. None of the competitors under 4m have a 4WD or AWD. If M&M can provide one it can be a good USP.
In addition, would the following be too much to ask?
  • A dead pedal .
  • A Torque Converter mated with a six speed gearbox. And if the same can be mated to a AWD / 4WD, it'll be the cherry on top of an already delectable cake. Considering Mahindra's fair expertise in this area, it may not be too difficult to execute, given that the vehicle is already a RWD.
  • A 5* ANCAP crash rating.

Cheers !

Last edited by GTO : 6th May 2019 at 13:40. Reason: Trimming quoted post
Ironhide is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 13:46   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Decent update indeed. Hope this comes to the TUV300 Plus soon as that has the vastly superior 2.2L mHawk engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
I sometimes feel that's a big missed opportunity by Mahindra, that model has a serious potential to replace the Bolero!
And the antique Scorpio too, IMHO. The 3 main advantages of the Scorpio over the TUV300 are the brand, styling (subjective) and 4x4 (which only 1% of owners care about). In all other areas, the TUV300 feels superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
but why did they miss out on blackening the "C" pillar. This looks like an odd man out.
So true. But that's an easy fix at any 3M / wrap store.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 13:54   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Except for the non blacked out C-pillar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian
but why did they miss out on blackening the "C" pillar
"Inspiration" from Land Rover Discovery Sport, I reckon!
Old 6th May 2019, 14:06   #12
BHPian

Quote:
T
3. it has no cheap suspension, it has got a double whisbone in the front and multi axle at the rear

I never knew it had multi-link suspension. Others can also offer the same, esp when other brands are neither developing new platform or providing new engines (2 biggest cost component in a car) for their CSUV. I think only XUV300 has new platform . And yes Tata too has new engines which will be used by other models soon.
Rest all models use older platform and engines yet provide nothing much for the customers (WR-V, Brezza, Ecosport, even venue is on old platfrom and old engines. I think TATA also uses old X1 platform for Nexon)

AWD would have been awesome. I don't think I will ever need a proper 4WD but yes a AWD that can comfortably leave the tarmac or and provide traction in rains and slush is quite useful.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 14:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Being a first gen T8 owner, I had liked T10 but cannot digest the front grill on this facelift. It may look good in body color but the that is my opinion.
I sure want those rub rails on the door sides & plastic cladding that runs over full side of vehicle, including wheel arches.
DRL & blackened headlights have always been my dream but the price quoted at dealership to change them was as good as my insurance premium.
I now need to get that INFOTAINMENT system quote & check about it fitment in my TUV, especially for reverse camera setup.

Raab Rakha.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:58   #14
BHPian

I have never been able to make up my mind if I like the TUV design or not. In some angles, I love its butch looks, and in others, can't believe the kind of things Mahindra designers come up with. Here, Mahindra designers seem to be going for all the modern bells and whistles that seem to connote Indian SUVs - chrome, roof rails, dual tone paintjob, and what is now the Mahindra grill.

The Mumbai Police has a sizeable fleet of TUV300s, and it actually looks quite good because it is stripped down of all pretty accessories, forget the chrome, and the Police livery painted around it and the lights on top give it a very no-nonsense look. I'm curious how they'd review this update.
Abhejit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2019, 17:34   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
3. it has no cheap suspension, it has got a double wishbone in the front and multi axle at the rear
The suspension type is there because its the only layout ladder frame chassis supports with coil springs & independent front.

Double wishbone is the most common layout in Ladder frame chassis SUVs with independent suspension with Coil Springs, MacPherson strut type that Monocoque competitors use cannot be used, this isn't same as what expensive Euro cars come with. Every Coil Sprung chassis based SUV from TUV to Prado has this.

Same for rear layout, its a non independent solid axle rear axle, supported by coils, so multiple linkages have to be used just like all other chassis based SUVs in the market. This isn't same as multi link independent suspension you get in expensive Euro sedans.

While all this sounds good on brochure, but does the TUV really have better ride & handling than competitors? Not even close. Sure it does have better cushioning on no -roads but its bumpy. And lets not even talk about Handling.
.anshuman is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks