Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2019, 19:26   #46
BHPian
 
Thilak29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL 14 / KA 05
Posts: 630
Thanked: 832 Times
Default Re: April 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Is De-growth even a valid word, never came across the business or economic journals for similar cases. Looking up the internet it seems to have a specific political connotation. Any specific reason for using this word instead of the usual antonyms of word growth.
Thilak29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 19:19   #47
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 1,110
Thanked: 1,094 Times
Default Re: April 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Maruti has issued a warning their dealers about the negatives sales trend continuing and cut production by 10%.

It remains to be seen whether new launches do the trick. Tata is planning around 8 launches by 2020 end. Maruti also has a few up their sleeves. However I don't think it is the lack of new launches that is slowing down the industry. Seems to be more to do with people's reluctance to spend money for whatever reason.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 16:39   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 75
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: April 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Is De-growth even a valid word.
While it isn't validated by Oxford or Webster yet, it is still being used in general parlance to represent 'negative growth'. We Indians coined 'prepone' and it made it to Oxford's list. It's only a matter of time before 'de-growth' makes the cut too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
...
Being a Xylo owner, and after test-driving the Marazzo, I felt Marazzo is a down grade, rather than an upgrade or alternate choice for Xylo owners.
When you say downgrade, in what terms do you think so? Is it the overall driveability/ride quality/FTD factor (if any) or some other non-monetary factors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram View Post
Also, rumours are that Nexon facelift is also in works.
From what I hear/see, it'd be a BSVI Nexon first up. The facelift might still take a while for realization (at least another 12-18 months).

Last edited by mroutlander : 13th May 2019 at 16:54. Reason: Minor correction
mroutlander is offline  
Old 13th May 2019, 19:11   #49
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 59
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: April 2019 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Tiguan is never going to achieve the respectable sales figure here but the reason for the above number could be because there were no vehicles available with the dealers and there are no kits at the plant as well. The Tiguan is immensely popular and in huge demand in the west and there is a lot of chatter about the delay in deliveries.
Very true...its flooded in Germany. I couldn't believe my eyes on how often I saw a Tiguan there early this year and felt sad about its condition in India. I am not sure but IMO possibly the pricing has something to do with the poor sales in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The Govt. should in fact discourage the sales of cars and two wheelers in cities and put full thrust on usable and reliable public transport. We simply don't have space for more vehicles in our crowded cities.
Agree 200% on this. I have given up my office parking and walk to office these days (fortunately home is close to office). I am happy to reduce the carbon footprint and feel very content about contributing to the cause of the environment, especially in NCR's hazardous air quality.

Last edited by CarStruck : 13th May 2019 at 19:23.
CarStruck is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
April 2014 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis parrys The Indian Car Scene 73 9th June 2014 19:38
April 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis parrys The Indian Car Scene 175 3rd June 2013 11:55
April 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis GTO The Indian Car Scene 108 1st June 2012 12:59


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks