Team-BHP - Honda to drive out new variants of its flagship models
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda to drive out new variants of its flagship models (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20911-honda-drive-out-new-variants-its-flagship-models.html)

Guys,

Check this out.. Source from UNIINDIA....

http://uniindia.com/unilive/unisite....2572720049B988?

New Delhi, Jan 29 (UNI) Auto major Honda Siel Car India (HSCI) is contemplating to drive out new variants of its existing models City, Civic and CRV in the near future.

Its parent company Honda Motor Company may also gear up and come up with an entry level 100 cc bike soon, HSCI Chief said here today.

''We will bring out a new look in the existing models, City, Civic and CRV... It all depends on how the customers respond to the new products and their demand,'' HSCI President and CEO Masahiro Takedagawa told reporters on the sidelines of the release of Automotive Mission Plan 2006-2016.

On one hand where all the auto majors in the country are coming out with diesel engines, HSCI is not in a row to do the same. ''We have no plans for diesel enabled cars in India atleast for the time being,'' said Mr Takedagawa.

He opined that diesel engines are meant only for big cars for fuel efficiency, the company boasts of not needing a fuel efficient model as all its models are giving a good mileage.

Honda Motor Company is developing a premium hatchback to be rolled out in the next 2-3 years at its Rs 2,000-crore plant in Rajasthan.

''It will not be from our existing models. Our plans are to provide the latest global technology models,'' Mr Takedagawa said earlier this month.

My analysis:

In case of the honda city I think finally we may just get an option with abs and airbags too.

As far as the honda civic was concerned it was just a matter of time because a single variant just does not make sense in this segment.

CRV maybe Honda is concerned about the high price tag and may come with cheaper options.

or maybe honda is talking about the 3l v6 accord with a manual tranny.i guess for the city they might launch a variant below the city exi to rival the verna,fiesta and aveo.they can remove the electric orvm's,seat adjusters,music system etc from the exi and price it even lower.
for the civic it has to be a variant with leather seats because thats the major grouse that customers have with the civic.

or maybe honda is talking about the 3l v6 accord with a manual tranny.i guess for the city they might launch a variant below the city exi to rival the verna,fiesta and aveo.they can remove the electric orvm's,seat adjusters,music system etc from the exi and price it even lower.or maybe even the city vtec with a paddleshift option.:Cheering:
for the civic it has to be a variant with leather seats because thats the major grouse that customers have with the civic.
p.s.mods sorry for the double posts.please delete the previous one.thanks.

It is high time the City had airbags and ABS as part of standard equipment in addition to a car security system. If not in the IDSI, at least in the VTEC. Is Honda listening ? please:

Agree with rr_zen and hellspawn

- City with ABS and Airbags: without any increase in price.
- Civic with leather seats, fog lamps: again at same prices.
- Accord V6 with manual: maybe cheaper than the auto version.
- A much cheaper version of the CRV.

Maybe the civic type r will come lol..just wishful thinking..or maybe the civic will get the k20 that is available in thailand...yeah the crv needs to get cheaper and the city does need the safety equipment

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellspawn (Post 364115)
they can remove the electric orvm's,seat adjusters,music system etc from the exi and price it even lower.

The Exi does not have electric ORVM's or music system anyways so they can't remove it.

I would say the following would be nice:

-Accord with 3.0 V6 & 6-speed manual transmission
-Civic with the 2.0 litre engine with manual transmission & leather!

Honda is launching 3 new cars in 2008.

1) The new Honda Accord ( Jan next year )
2) The absolutely new Honda City ( Diwali next year )
3) The Jazz ( December next year )

Facelifted versions of the Civic expected within 6 months this year ,cosmetic changes like turn lights in the ORVM's etc expected ...no change in engine speciications.

No manual in store for the V6 version of the Accord and ABSOLUTELY NO PLANS FOR A DIESEL.

Facelift for the Civic? Already! For God's sake the car has been launched!

I didnt like the tail lamp cluster of the Civic. If thats up for a change - WOW!

Would love to see more variants of the Civic. If they can get one on the likes of the Corolla Executive, it would be a cracker!! Some folks (like me) have a self imposed 10L price barrier on the cars.

really makes sense changing the exteriors of the city zx as well, much wanted change i feel.

Its best these developments are taken with a pinch of salt especially in the WOW dept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 364453)
Its best these developments are taken with a pinch of salt especially in the WOW dept.

I am not sure I get you on this.. You could be less cryptic and share any insider info if you have! :)

Diesel variants of the cars from Honda would indeed be interesting..