Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2019, 11:46   #31
BHPian

Re: What's your least favourite interior of all time?

This thread really deserves a poll having some of the cars mentioned above! I think the Etios/Liva would win hands down

Last edited by PearlJam : 10th May 2019 at 11:47.
PearlJam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 12:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

All centrally mounted speedo consoles.

# Etios
# Spark
# Indica

For my mediocre taste, I find the XUV's interior to be a bit flashy plus the interior plastic quality isn't unto mark [for that price] more so, in the previous gen. I would say, most of Mahindra's vehicle's plastics are of low rent. As is for Maruti. I like my Swift ZXi+'s interiors but plastics are cheaper than what is there in my 4WD S10. Too scratchy, brittle.
Old 10th May 2019, 12:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Few more that I can think of for having some of the most hideous interior layout:
Force Gurkha - Aptly named probably?
What's your least favourite interior of all time?-forcegurkhacabin.jpg

Mahindra Bolero - In one word, YUCK!!

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-mahindrabolero.jpg

Maruti Van - Never liked Maruti, and Omni Van was the most disgusting design (IMO), although it was a very popular cars.

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-maruti-omni.jpg

Last edited by Vik0728 : 10th May 2019 at 12:33.
Vik0728 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 13:36   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Few more that I can think of for having some of the most hideous interior layout:
Force Gurkha - Aptly named probably?
Attachment 1875025
A well revered name across the world and recipient of more than a dozen VCs (Victoria Cross) , does this vehicle deserve this name? probably not.
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 14:00   #35
BHPian

Old Marutis and Etios. Sucks !!!
Old 10th May 2019, 14:00   #36
BHPian

The SX4 also shares a piece of pie for me.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...11_172943a.jpg

Besides, Yaris is another contender, the dashboard of which I love to hate.

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...a-yaris-03.jpg

Nice thread though. It has enlightened me as how creative / disastrous an automobile designer/ manufacturer could get with their experimentation.
Old 10th May 2019, 14:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Linea / Punto. Surprised? Don't be. Even after a decade of driving examples on & off, I still cannot find a comfortable driving position. The "perfect driving position" is very important to me
I think it boils down to the placement of ABC pedals than the driving position in the Linea/Punto: I took a TD of the Linea T-Jet when it was launched and the first thing that came to mind was how does one drive this!!??. That said M800 & the Sipani D1 had the worst interior's of the cars I've driven.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 14:27   #38
BHPian

First gen Indica! Though the dashboard was of decent design, the dash lip near to the windscreen was peculiarly high, to the point where it was just impossible to see any part of the bonnet! For some strange reason, this design felt high for most of the drivers I have ever spoken to. Even as a passenger, remember straining my neck to get a good view outside though it was just the dashboard design which fooled you to think you were sitting quite low in the seat!

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-indicaev2interiors.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 10th May 2019 at 17:21. Reason: Picture inserte din-line.
vinair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 14:48   #39
BHPian

My vote would be pre facelift honda amaze. Also I feel that mahindra xuv500 could use better plastics and quality interiors anyday.
Old 10th May 2019, 15:09   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Besides, Yaris is another contender, the dashboard of which I love to hate. https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...a-yaris-03.jpg
I don't think SX4 deserves to be here. Was it the most beautiful cabin of its time? It wasn't. Did it look the worst? Well, certainly not. Also, I kind of like Yaris when it comes to interior design and ambiance. But hey, to each his own I guess.
Old 10th May 2019, 15:36   #41
Senior - BHPian

Without a doubt the Toyota Etios. I cannot stand middle-of-the-dashboard instrument consoles, and the Etios was the worst. It's like they asked someone to just throw stuff on the dashboard and be done with it.

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-toyotaplatinumetiosinterior101752.jpg
avishar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 16:15   #42
BHPian

IMO the interiors of the Chevrolet Sail look uninspiring as well. In person it is one of the worst interiors in a car I have been in.

Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 17:18   #43
BHPian

What about the Nano?
It may look clean but kinda looks weird with everything in the centre.

What's your least favourite interior of all time?-162236.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 10th May 2019 at 18:10. Reason: Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.
BikerSuz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 17:52   #44
BHPian

Ha ha interesting thread. I had good laugh for some interesting comparisons like Nissan Micra and Frog.

What I don't like is people posting pictures of those cars which are no longer in production or which were being produced 2 decades ago.

In 2012, I was big fan of Hyundai Verna Fludic interiors. Now it doesn't looks fascinating to me. In 2010 Captiva and Cruze interior were benchmark of finesse. No longer they are. In a nutshell, each of the designs were relevant and trendy at their time. Of course with exceptions. Ex Force Gurkha interiors are designed for practicality rather than comfort. It's a common scenario during off-road trails / villages / narrow roads that either side of door getting jammed / blocked. So driver or passenger can easily move through centre passage.

I think we should have thread for positive things like "Best Looking interiors for each segment". In order to support their point of view some people have gone to level where they used words like "disgusting", "pathetic", "disaster" etc.

Some of us own those vehicles at a point of time or may be owning now and hearing such words for our choices; feels little bad.

I am not discouraging anyone to express their views, but if a design is less favorite to you, you can come up with reasons.

Personally, I do not like design philosophy of speedometer at center, HU / screen to be placed like aftermarket fitment thus I did not like Vista / Etios / New Ecosport / MB-CLA.

Quality of plastic, soft touch or hard touch does not really matter to me. What matters most me is practicality, being said that I would prefer XUV interiors over Harrier despite I like Harrier interiors aesthetically more appealing.

Apologies if I hurt someone but it is only greater good of community.
dicor is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 20:00   #45
BHPian

Couldn't really point out cars with bad interiors. Every car is unique in its ways! Sometimes an odd design may be quite ergonomic.
If it's purely aesthetics, I kind of prefer a symmetric dash design. I do drive a Honda City which has 4 different AC vent design up front! Have driven her around for 3 years, this still hasn't grown on me.
Aravind_M92 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed