Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2019, 16:50   #16
BHPian

re: Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N

And we now have a render by Cartoq of what it could look like.

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-2020mahindrascorpiofeatured.jpg

Source
Porcupine is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 18:20   #17
BHPian

Hopefully their mules do some serious testing besides advertising and should eliminate ergonomic glitches and I pray that their be should some way to turn the voice feedback off
Old 12th May 2019, 09:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2himanshu View Post
Hopefully their mules do some serious testing besides advertising and should eliminate ergonomic glitches and I pray that their be should some way to turn the voice feedback off
You can turn them messages off individually with a button inside the glovebox or disconnect the system altogether , it's under the driver's seat .
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 09:57   #19
BANNED

Saw this vehicle at the outskirts of Chennai, and I must say it is very big, balanced and imposing. Only one thing that ruins the looks is Mahindra's toothy grill. Get rid of it, or make the grill with some grace just like the Suzuki Jimny, and you have one of the best looking Suvs in India.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 12th May 2019 at 10:23.
romeomidhun is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 10:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

The rear door looks too similar to the current Scorpio. I really hope that Mahindra is not doing what Tata did with their Safari & Safari Storme. They said it was an all new platform this and that. But the end product was just a mere face-lift - and a bad one at that.

And it better not be a face-lift as the Scorpio has already seen 4 face-lifts, and that I suppose is one of the highest in the industry.
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 11:38   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperRetard View Post
Evolution, agreed.
But evolution at what cost? At the cost of character? At the cost of what made you what you are (segment favourite)? Evolution at the cost of basic fundamentals?

I dont know if thats the right move.

All I know is that an XUV would dwarf this for height, and thats not going to help sales.
Finally!! Someone saying what must be said.

The Scorpio is cramped, unsafe and lacks real utility in the cabin. But, man, does it exude a menacing machismo!! Really, there isn't a car out there that can truly match the Scorpio's aura as a tough, "is-that-all-you-got?" vehicle. That is the only reason that it consistently outsells every other Mahindra.

Don't get me wrong. I desperately want the Scorpio to right it's wrongs and become a palatable choice for more discerning customers. But, I also want the car to not lose its DNA and its attitude.

From the looks of it, the designers are out to kill their money maker.
mohansrides is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 15:52   #22
BHPian

The current design has nothing Scorpio written on it. This is coming from someone who owns a Scorpio, loves it with all its glitches for the top of the seat (irrespective of all sensors in the car having failed and replaced till date).

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2019 at 14:25. Reason: Poorly typed posts. Please type your posts out properly
Ranga is offline   (6) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th May 2019, 18:04   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who aren't happy with the new designs, you can always overhaul whichever vintage Scorpio you have, upgrade the suspension a bit and continue using it. The engines are more than sufficient for speeds that we can do on our highways.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 18:52   #24
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 13th May 2019 at 14:26.
HyperRetard is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 12th May 2019, 19:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra has retained the box like shape. I still prefer the looks of the old one although it is cramped up for space. The new one looks like a cross breed between the old Scorpio and the Xylo.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:30   #26
GTO
Team-BHP Support

All I can say is, FINALLY. If there is one expensive + outdated + successful SUV on our roads today, it's the Scorpio. But it feels so old. Neither is the space management any good, nor are its road manners.

IMHO, Mahindra will make the new car look butch too. After all, the styling is one of the major reasons behind the Scorpio's success. And most of Mahindra's new designs have been satisfactory.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 16:49   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
You can turn them messages off individually with a button inside the glovebox or disconnect the system altogether , it's under the driver's seat .
Thanks, couldn’t find anything. Can you please guide me? Please dm me the steps.
Old 17th May 2019, 23:11   #28
BHPian

Very interesting scoop indeed! With the upcoming safety and emission norms, I thought we may not see another iteration of our homegrown SUV. Luckily, it lives to weave even greater stories (hopefully). The rendering though here is downright ugly.

A boxy, rugged, go anywhere true blue SUV with creature comforts is what we all aspire for. Since the evolution of Scorpio, M&M has developed XUV brothers and TUV to cater to different segments, while the Bolero kept the cash registers ringing.

The whole automobile scenario has changed since the first of generation, most importantly the business landscape with OEMs coming together to share technology / platforms. Maybe this is the right time for M&M to rebuild this icon back to its glory days. Maybe use the partnership to take cues from the Bronco / Ranger platforms while applying M&M’s frugal engineering approach without comprise on build and quality should see results

As a 2nd gen owner, my wish list
  1. Improved driving dynamics – Though an awesome highway cruiser, it does get heavy in city traffic, the steering can become lighter. A smooth gear box
  2. Interiors – Better ergonomics, seating, effective space utilization, kill the side facing seats (It ain’t gonna pass the safety rating in my opinion). A spacious 5 seater with folding seats would be great IMO. Better quality plastics
  3. Cut the noise coming into the cabin, especially in the lower variants. I own a LX for the last decade and man the road noise has gone up significantly
  4. DON’t compromise on safety – as I have mentioned earlier, put all the bells and whistles from the first iteration
  5. Provide multiple configurations – 2WD / 4WD, 3 door, 5 door and a single / dual cab truck – Keep the Fear Factor!

All we can do is to discuss what we all aspire for with the sole thought someone from M&M read our posts

Last edited by diwakarmuthu : 17th May 2019 at 23:13. Reason: Formatting
Old 25th May 2019, 06:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

More spy-shots of the next-generation Scorpio have emerged, courtesy Anything-On-Wheels.

Clearly, the upcoming model is lower and wider than the current one which gives it a better stance. But, has the Scorpio lost it's character?

Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-201905_new-mahindra-scorpio-1.jpg
Next-gen Mahindra Scorpio | Now revealed as Scorpio-N-201905_new-mahindra-scorpio-2.jpg

Mahindra didn't have choices though. The current model is so outdated in it's design and crash-worthiness that they have no choice but to go for a comprehensive change. As already pointed out in this thread, it can't come soon enough in my opinion.
arvi86 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 09:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

I think the new Scorpio will do well, if priced in the Creta territory and equipped with similar features.
Mahindra has been delivering quality products such as the XUV300 and the Marazzo, so I think they will surely ensure that the Scorpio is equipped with decent driving dynamics and up to date interiors.

I think this is the car that Mahindra should pitch as an alternative to the Creta. They have the XUV300 which is the sub4 m compact and the XUV500 which is slightly above the Creta. And the Scorpio is the only car that can sit in this price point. If they make it a little bit more appealing to the urban audience, with a auto box etc, then it is sure to hit a wider target.

Sure, it may lose its butch nature and stance, but this is the way forward. You cannot be stuck in the past. It has to be a car for everyone, not only for folks who want a select type of SUV. When you have a car in the mass market segment, you cannot afford to appeal to a selective bunch.

And in any case, the Scorpio will still come out as a kind of tough looking SUV than a Creta, so it will have a slight differentiation.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks